Add a MDE to an existing ticket under another account

Uncle Kebo

Original Poster
My wife and I go to WDW frequently and have used MDE for years, but for our next trip we are taking our niece and her family. We are all staying together, so I made the reservations for everyone under my MDE account. She has never been to WDW before, so doesn't currently have an MDE account. If she gets an account how can she link up with the reservation and tag herself so that she can make FP+ selections for her family? Is this possible, or will I have to give her my login info? I would rather she have her own account for future trips without us. Any help will be appreciated.

Rob562

My wife and I go to WDW frequently and have used MDE for years, but for our next trip we are taking our niece and her family. We are all staying together, so I made the reservations for everyone under my MDE account. She has never been to WDW before, so doesn't currently have an MDE account. If she gets an account how can she link up with the reservation and tag herself so that she can make FP+ selections for her family? Is this possible, or will I have to give her my login info? I would rather she have her own account for future trips without us. Any help will be appreciated.

Unfortunately this is one of those "should have done this before you did that" kind of things.....

In the *ideal* situation (and how the MDE system is set up to operate), the "head of household" of your niece's family would create their own MDE account. They would then add each of their family members (spouse, child #1, child #2, etc) as a "managed by them" profile. Then once you become friends with that head-of-household, you could then friend-request the spouse and children. Then you'd be free to link them to resort reservations, dining reservations, make FastPasses, etc.

Unfortunately that's not quite the setup you currently have. And while you can easily remedy this for a single adult that exists as a "managed by you" profile on your account by having them create their own account and then becoming friends, there is no guest-accessible way to move those "managed by" profiles from being under the control of one person to being under the control of a different person.

[Edit to interject: by any chance are all of your niece's kids 13 or older? If so, you could avoid the call to the Help Desk. Reply to this if so...]

At this point I would've given you two options, but since you had the forethought of being concerned about your niece's situation for *future* trips (which would include things like the kids' MagicBands from this trip working properly on future trips), I'll leave you with only your best option...

Do these steps:
-Have your niece create her own MDE account.
-On the listing for your niece on *your* account fill in the email address she used for her MDE account. Then she accepts the friend request.
-Under *her* account, she creates each of her *immediate* family members (her spouse and kids). At this point there will be two copies of those family members.

Now you're at the point where you need to call the MDE Help Desk, 407-939-4357. Make sure to have the email addresses for both you and your niece. Perhaps also your reservation number.
Explain to them that you have a reservation and tickets linked to managed-by-you profiles on *your* account, but that everything associated with those profiles (niece's spouse and kids) needs to be moved over to be managed-by-your-niece on her account. The Help Desk should be able to help you get it straightened out.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom