Adam the woo is back!

raven

In other words, you did exactly what much of this forum did - you only know about a small handful of videos he did 5+ years ago, not what he has done since then, and threw in your uninformed, self-righteous opinion based on that.

And don't act like you also don't want to see those off limits areas.
Are you still hung up on this?

Adam built his own reputation in those videos. His own fault, he knew what he was doing, now he has to live with it. His proud criminal past reputation still lives on his YouTube channels and he has no interest in taking them down. So he's choosing to keep his sorted past out there for everyone to view. Doesn't matter what he films nowadays. He's proud to keep his past alive.

Tom Morrow

Adam built his own reputation in those videos. His own fault, he knew what he was doing, now he has to live with it. His proud criminal past reputation still lives on his YouTube channels and he has no interest in taking them down. So he's choosing to keep his sorted past out there for everyone to view. Doesn't matter what he films nowadays. He's proud to keep his past alive.
Fun fact, most people aren't so tightly-wound that they would think sneaking backstage at a theme park or pulling back a curtain is something to condemn someone for life for.

SeanWM48

somewhat on topic comment to add regarding park blogging/vlogging

justin scarred has impressed me and i think he's great. first time or two i watched his videos i thought he was the most annoying voice i'd ever heard. but he's actually very entertaining and he provides some excellent footage. he won me over.

he's boys w/ Adam the Woo. i never got into Woo's videos and i know his past is spotty w/ park security. but for those of you looking for an alternative i absolutely vouch for justin scarred

mousehockey37

Exactly. If he truly "saw the light", he'd have pulled those videos, but they're probably still what get him the most hits.

Fun fact, most people aren't so tightly-wound that they would think sneaking backstage at a theme park or pulling back a curtain is something to condemn someone for life for.

Inadvertently pulling back a curtain or opening a wrong door, that's one thing, but he knew what he was doing when he ventured where people shouldn't be going.

I still think that he's gotten lucky to this point (if you want to call his fate lucky).

Tom Morrow

Exactly. If he truly "saw the light", he'd have pulled those videos, but they're probably still what get him the most hits.
While the River Country video is what gained him attention 7 years ago, these videos aren't even in his top 5. His other daily vlog channel pulls in around 40,000 - 50,000 views per video, a respectable number for a Youtube vlogger lifestyler, let alone for daily new videos.

Other than that River Country video, there was maybe one other video of him actually going backstage at Disney. Again, years ago. For his two Universal "off limits" videos, he was given permission by Universal team members and did not sneak in.

raven

...yet he's keeping up those videos so more people will see them, so...?
justin scarred has impressed me and i think he's great. first time or two i watched his videos i thought he was the most annoying voice i'd ever heard. but he's actually very entertaining and he provides some excellent footage. he won me over.

he's boys w/ Adam the Woo. i never got into Woo's videos and i know his past is spotty w/ park security. but for those of you looking for an alternative i absolutely vouch for justin scarred
I've watched Justin for years. He uses that quirky voice just for fun. Met him once and he's a really nice guy. Tim Tracker also has great videos.

SeanWM48

I've watched Justin for years. He uses that quirky voice just for fun. Met him once and he's a really nice guy. Tim Tracker also has great videos.
yeah at first i was like 'this guy is too much' but honestly he's very entertaining and i admire his passion for what he does. i follow on instagram and hes real cool towards his fans too.

Jedi Stitch

Tim,Justin and Adam, I watched many of their videos before I left on my trip. I have been following them since. Something tells me that there has to be more to Adams Trespass from Universal Studios. They can't say it was from a video 5 years old. How famous he is they would have seen it and banned him long before this. When Woo was banned from Disney, it after going thru one gate and then back to car and another gate, when he peaked the security interest. I bet he did some other "Hinky" thing that made him noticed, and they went fine we feel like getting you for a 5 year old infraction.

Tom Morrow

If I recall correctly, Adam was banned from Disney randomly because he had tweeted that he was going to Hollywood Studios and normally doesn't post on social media where he would be going that day. This alerted Disney to watch for him and finally nab him for the old infractions. I believe he didn't even make it in to the park or just got through the gates, because they were actively looking for him.

Jedi Stitch

If I recall correctly, Adam was banned from Disney randomly because he had tweeted that he was going to Hollywood Studios and normally doesn't post on social media where he would be going that day. This alerted Disney to watch for him and finally nab him for the old infractions. I believe he didn't even make it in to the park or just got through the gates, because they were actively looking for him.
He did say that in the Loooong video. He also did go in find he was WiFi deficient went back to the car and then back in and at that time he was greeted with the soon to be famous meme "Hello Adam". Sad because, he isn't trying to do back stage stuff anymore and really did mend most of his ways. I guess the Dis gets all the blog now.

Goofyernmost

He did say that in the Loooong video. He also did go in find he was WiFi deficient went back to the car and then back in and at that time he was greeted with the soon to be famous meme "Hello Adam". Sad because, he isn't trying to do back stage stuff anymore and really did mend most of his ways. I guess the Dis gets all the blog now.
Look, I don't have anything against the guy. I also understand why Disney and others would be concerned about backstage information being made public, they have an illusion to maintain. So it is Disney's right to trespass him to prevent him from letting all their secrets out. I also understand that many, like myself, do not have the illusion destroyed by seeing how things work. Probably because I always saw it as a "trick" being played on us, and was always wondering how they did things.

That said, even though I understand both sides, the over-reaction of the public is beyond comprehension. What harm did he do. Did he steal anything that wasn't publicly documented someplace else. I find most of his posts to be tedious and lacking in any real depth, but, once in awhile he does do some interesting stuff. Basically, there is no real foul involved here at all. I think his making a career out of finding out things that are withheld from the general public (not a matter of national defense) is harmless, but, is covered by the law thus enabling Disney and others to trespass him. No one did anything that earth shakingly wrong. And don't kid yourself, if he thought he could get away with it again, he would be backstage so fast your head would spin. As many other things on discussion boards, this topic is way overblown.

Jedi Stitch

There was a precedent set up here in the Seattle area. There is a mall area that is owned by one company it is a retail complex with stores, entertainment, office space, residential and hotel. Someone from one who worked at one of the stores decided to have a party in the Hotel. They were too noisy and he was trespassed. He still worked in the complex, while on lunch break one of the security guards recognized him and had him arrested. He went to court with an attorney who fought back the trespass that was all encompassing. The judge ruled that the trespass would only be legal for the hotel area. Even though the owners own half of the Bellevue, Wa downtown core, they can't interfere with his place of work and the places of retail that he would have normal access to. Because the all inclusive clause in the trespass would restrict movement in normally public places like sidewalks and such that the property controls but is defined as public.
I wonder if an attorney could use similar argument that Adam the Woos profession is video blogging and that only the locations where the vidoes show would only be enforced, and other areas he could access for "Professional" reason. I know a straw man argument, but makes you wonder.

Jedi Stitch

Look, I don't have anything against the guy. I also understand why Disney and others would be concerned about backstage information being made public, they have an illusion to maintain. So it is Disney's right to trespass him to prevent him from letting all their secrets out. I also understand that many, like myself, do not have the illusion destroyed by seeing how things work. Probably because I always saw it as a "trick" being played on us, and was always wondering how they did things.

That said, even though I understand both sides, the over-reaction of the public is beyond comprehension. What harm did he do. Did he steal anything that wasn't publicly documented someplace else. I find most of his posts to be tedious and lacking in any real depth, but, once in awhile he does do some interesting stuff. Basically, there is no real foul involved here at all. I think his making a career out of finding out things that are withheld from the general public (not a matter of national defense) is harmless, but, is covered by the law thus enabling Disney and others to trespass him. No one did anything that earth shakingly wrong. And don't kid yourself, if he thought he could get away with it again, he would be backstage so fast your head would spin. As many other things on discussion boards, this topic is way overblown.
Yup

Tom Morrow

There isn't even an over-reaction from the public. Out of people who are aware of who he is, its basically only this forum and other fringe Disney park forums that have such a harsh opinion of the guy.

Also, I can't stress this enough, he no longer makes videos about stuff you're not supposed to see. He films interesting locations people are intended to visit but often might not know about. Occasionally he'll hit up an abandoned location but it's never anything attached to any working business or property.

raven

He films interesting locations people are intended to visit but often might not know about.
Oh, you mean like the burnt down Sausage Castle property he filmed the other day which he called "a place of debauchery and sin" due to the wild sex parties that were held there? He said himself that locals didn't like it and tried to get rid of it and said himself there were "Sodem and Gomorrah" type activities held there.

I'm sure that falls into the category of places "people are intended to visit." :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

Oh, you mean like the burnt down Sausage Castle property he filmed the other day which he called "a place of debauchery and sin" due to the wild sex parties that were held there? He said himself that locals didn't like it and tried to get rid of it and said himself there were "Sodem and Gomorrah" type activities held there.

I'm sure that falls into the category of places "people are intended to visit." :rolleyes:
Why not if you're not participating, it sounds like an interesting story. Unless, of course, one's whole purpose in life is to be judgmental.

Tom Morrow

You removed the second part of my post where I said he visits "the occasional abandoned property".

Goofyernmost

To be honest it is sort of a draw for many people to want to see abandoned places. I can remember when I was younger I occasionally stopped at old abandoned houses and went inside. It was like the walls sometimes were talking. You could look around at abandoned rooms and know that at one point in time the place was full of life. People lived in them, children, in all likelihood were born and raised in them. There was laughter, tears, joy and sadness within the now empty rooms. So much history that people like myself could only look at the stillness and imagine what it once was like. Guys like Adam and his friends are in the business of conjuring up images either real or imagined from his followers. Maybe it is a memory of fun times like at River Country. It's sad to look at it now, but, it still provokes memories from people who had been there.

Now I'm not saying that going into these places when you know that you are adamantly not welcome is a good thing, but, it isn't the end of the world. Going to places long forgotten, places like the old filming site for the TV show MASH, with it's abandoned military type vehicles and comparing it with pictures of those exact places when they were filming, is, to me at least, very interesting and nostalgia producing. He does fill a need of many people. Others may not understand that need and therefore think it is a cardinal sin, that's OK, because there are probably things that they enjoy that I would think are weird and useless.

As far as Adam and his buddies, they know the risk going in and if they get caught up with they are unceremoniously thrown out. They, or he, whines about how persecuted he was because that is part of his show. Either way, there or not there, it is the epitome of a minor thing. Most of that stuff isn't even breaking a law, per se, a place like Disney is private property and they create rules, not laws! If someone chooses to go against that rule then Disney can enact a "no trespass order" then the law applies. Unless they go in after the trespass is issued, they have broken no law, just infringed on a property owners wishes. Trespass is how they enforce that right of private property.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom