Accident on Rhino Ralley

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
2 people got injured as the SUV flipped. fortunalty it was on land when it did this and not on the water. The ride will be shut down for a indefinite period of time. other more details and they come out.

Goofster

You know, I feel bad for the people that got hurt, but you know, Busch Gardens, when you try to copy disney, that's what you get. Those Kilamanjaro Safari Jeeps never flipped!

MrPromey

Well just look at the two vehicles. The Ones at AK are constructed like moving trucks with the storage area replaced by bench seats and a covering. It's rather wide with a low center of gravity. The one at BG, even in pictures appears tall and thin which without a low center of gravity is just asking for trouble. Even still, I'd like to know how it happened considering these things run at a maximum speed of 25mph. BG has yet to release real details on the accident and will pretty much only say that it happened on the land portion of the ride.
This kind of accident has to be devastating for them considering how much hype they centered around this attraction. It's a real shame too, they where just beginning to resemble a real theme park.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by MrPromey
Well just look at the two vehicles. The Ones at AK are constructed like moving trucks with the storage area replaced by bench seats and a covering. It's rather wide with a low center of gravity. The one at BG, even in pictures appears tall and thin which without a low center of gravity is just asking for trouble. Even still, I'd like to know how it happened considering these things run at a maximum speed of 25mph. BG has yet to release real details on the accident and will pretty much only say that it happened on the land portion of the ride.
This kind of accident has to be devastating for them considering how much hype they centered around this attraction. It's a real shame too, they where just beginning to resemble a real theme park.

are the any articles on the web telling about the accident?

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by JAY-ROD
2 people got injured as the SUV flipped. fortunalty it was on land when it did this and not on the water. The ride will be shut down for a indefinite period of time. other more details and they come out.

Did it have Firestone Tires on it??? :eek: :eek:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Originally posted by MrPromey
Even still, I'd like to know how it happened considering these things run at a maximum speed of 25mph.

Ask Herbie53 about this one, he rolled a car a few weeks ago at 30 miles an hour. ;)

Herbie53

Premium Member
Indeed Eeyore is right. I know all too well that it is entirely possible to roll a vehicle over at 30 miles an hour. (But fear not, I remain unscathed.) My circumstances were out of the ordinary though (as if driving around with Rhinos is ordinary). When thinking about this accident (and not my own) one thought comes to mind. You just never know with Rhinos! Think on that for a little while.

MISS MINNIE

Busch gardens is one of the best parks in florida... great rides... great atmosphere and free beer!!

:D

Does anyone know Rhino Ralley is running again....??

We go in 21 dayss....yipppppeeee

wdwmaniac

I saw this ride on the Discovery Channel- Extreme Rides. They use land Rovers for the ride. They looked very unblanced and i see why they flipped. They are little SUV's not trucks like at Disney.

M

Mr Lightbeer

Originally posted by BMFdisney
I thought this was Walt Disney news and rumors

We do a Busch Gardens special every first Wednesday of the month!;)

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 139

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by BMFdisney
I thought this was Walt Disney news and rumors

yeah it is but there were tring to copy our ride at Ak. so it is sorta related to disney!

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by MISS MINNIE
Busch gardens is one of the best parks in florida... great rides... great atmosphere and free beer!!

I bet u have a beer belly too. all you talk about is beer lol :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom