Access to Animal Kingdom Lodge Pools

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I have a Cedar Fair Platinum pass this year.. I think Carowinds is included in that. How is it?
I've promised my kid that we will go to several of the parks. Our home park is Kings Island

Hopefully you won't set off the detectors.. I'm sure it might get annoying. My father has 2 metal hips and femur bone. He sets them off all of the time.. now he just laughs whenever they go somewhere lol
We absolutely love Carowinds! Fury 325 (the newest coaster) is incredible!

Oh and I set off the detectors. Have been a few times this season and have every single time. Wahoo!

I'll have to concede that one. Very possible that not a lot of people go to the campfire, so they allow anyone.
Let's officially settle the argument...
I reached out to ask and here is the response:
Our Resort Campfires and Movies are open to all Walt Disney World® Resort guests. You can visit another Resort during your stay to enjoy their campfire and movie! We look forward to seeing you at Walt Disney World®.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Our Resort Campfires and Movies are open to all Walt Disney World® Resort guests. You can visit another Resort during your stay to enjoy their campfire and movie! We look forward to seeing you at Walt Disney World®.
Thanks! So anyone staying on property can go to one. Very cool.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
So now we know. Pool-hopping bad. Fire-hopping good. Cool.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
So... a new question: how does one find out what movies are playing at other resorts? We missed seeing Frozen at our recent stay, based on the night it was playing. But, if it had been playing at a different resort, we might have driven over to enjoy the movie.
I'd be willing to bet that the concierge at any resort probably has access to the schedule across property but, I'd also guess that it's the sort of thing that is "subject to change" as well.

BigRedDad

Personally, I don't care if someone jumps in a pool at a resort they are not booked at. If I am on vacation and I become the Resort Pool Police, my vacation is over. It is great to see all of the "rules" Disney makes but never enforces. For all of the Rules Followers out there, please keep your nose down to keep it from breaking the lights. I GUARANTEE you break the rules each and every day. I am willing to bet that every time you start you car you do not have your speedometer measured to insure it reads accurately and you NEVER exceed that speed limit sign.

But yes, WDW could easily stop all of this use stuff very easily. The easiest way to do it is with Magic Bands. Stop allowing guests to choose their MB. Make all MBs resort specific. Red bands are for Contemporary. Blue Bands for the Poly. This way CMs can immediately spot if someone is not permitted to use the amenities.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Personally, I don't care if someone jumps in a pool at a resort they are not booked at. If I am on vacation and I become the Resort Pool Police, my vacation is over. It is great to see all of the "rules" Disney makes but never enforces. For all of the Rules Followers out there, please keep your nose down to keep it from breaking the lights. I GUARANTEE you break the rules each and every day. I am willing to bet that every time you start you car you do not have your speedometer measured to insure it reads accurately and you NEVER exceed that speed limit sign.

But yes, WDW could easily stop all of this use stuff very easily. The easiest way to do it is with Magic Bands. Stop allowing guests to choose their MB. Make all MBs resort specific. Red bands are for Contemporary. Blue Bands for the Poly. This way CMs can immediately spot if someone is not permitted to use the amenities.
I am certainly not one to knowingly break the rules but, I agree with your point regarding the fact that if I find myself being the police for all the rules Disney has in place while I'm on my vacation, I am no longer enjoying my vacation. My days are stressful enough. In fact, this is something I struggle with in regards to my son. Part of his disorder results in him being overly aware of people around him not following the rules. I am constantly having to say things to him like "Is it effecting you?" or "I am not their parent" or "Is what they are doing making you have less fun?" etc. If I end up making a big deal out of every person I see doing something they shouldn't, that just encourages him to pay attention and/or react more. Again, I am not one to knowingly break the rules but, I sure as hell won't let other people ruin my fun, just because I witness them doing something "wrong." Not my place to intervene. Not my job (I don't want a job on vacation - I want to pretend I have no job and there is nothing that exists in the world outside of my days off). :D

larandtra

I do not go to use the pools at other resorts, as we rarely use the pools at our own resorts. But, I will on occasion like on a day at MK, hop on the monorail at lunchtime, go to the Poly and grab a bite to eat at Kona or go to the pool bar and get a drink and a snack. At the GF none of the lounges or bars are open till 4, so Ill go to the pool bar and grab a drink and a snack or lunch. Its a nice getaway from the park crowds and a great break. As far as Pool usage. Ive run into plenty of people staying at other resorts who use the pools at other ones. I think the only time Ive ever seen anyone enforce the policy is at Y&B club where they enforce it pretty strictly. They would not even let me go in to grab a drink or snack at the bar. Which was a little frustrating since none of the lounges were open at that time. But, I do understand their concerns and rules. Makes sense to me, but, tbh does not bother me int he least if someone from another resort on property uses the Pool at the resort I am at.

slappy magoo

Personally, I don't care if someone jumps in a pool at a resort they are not booked at. If I am on vacation and I become the Resort Pool Police, my vacation is over.

Devil's Advocate territory but...back in 2005 my then-GF-now-wife and I did a spring break at Riverside and it was the last time we'll go on a Spring Break. Parks were so crowded that one afternoon we called it quits early and headed back to swim in the main pool. But the pool was so crowded there was no place to drop our towels and gear, let alone wade into the pool without feeling like you were at a very wet mosh pit. Not a single chair or table was unused. And amongst people's stuff, because at the time there were still resort specific mugs, we'd see mugs for different resorts, and it's possible that those were old mugs people who were currently staying at Riverside were using (a different argument I know). But the possibility that we could not enjoy the pool at the resort we paid money to stay because people from the All-Stars decided they liked this pool better did, indeed, make me want to be Resort Pool Police for a minute. We wound up going to the closest quiet pool which was not quiet because of all the run off from the main pool going there (where, again, we saw mugs from other resorts). For all the times we've been back, my wife and I still agree that was our worst trip...except it was the trip where we wound up deciding to buy into DVC. We originally took the tour just for the free fastpasses they were offering (which came in handy), but it made sense for us and a few weeks later signed the paperwork.

nickys

Premium Member
In general it will be harder now for people to pool hop. Gated access is now the norm for all/most DVC resorts, which therefore means all deluxe resorts are covered I think. Presumably this will become more widespread too.

I think it's fair enough. Nobody wants the pools unbearably crowded. Even as far back as 2012 Stormalong Bay was heavily "policed", (cards checked before being given towels and roaming cms checking for everyone's cards - DS hadn't got his and we were reminded to bring it next time), and at Christmas we had Magic bands scanned by cms at Bay Lake and Kidani, even after having had to scan them to get through the gates. We asked if we were allowed to use the pool bar at the Poly but were told no.

21stamps

Devil's Advocate territory but...back in 2005 my then-GF-now-wife and I did a spring break at Riverside and it was the last time we'll go on a Spring Break. Parks were so crowded that one afternoon we called it quits early and headed back to swim in the main pool. But the pool was so crowded there was no place to drop our towels and gear, let alone wade into the pool without feeling like you were at a very wet mosh pit. Not a single chair or table was unused. And amongst people's stuff, because at the time there were still resort specific mugs, we'd see mugs for different resorts, and it's possible that those were old mugs people who were currently staying at Riverside were using (a different argument I know). But the possibility that we could not enjoy the pool at the resort we paid money to stay because people from the All-Stars decided they liked this pool better did, indeed, make me want to be Resort Pool Police for a minute. We wound up going to the closest quiet pool which was not quiet because of all the run off from the main pool going there (where, again, we saw mugs from other resorts). For all the times we've been back, my wife and I still agree that was our worst trip...except it was the trip where we wound up deciding to buy into DVC. We originally took the tour just for the free fastpasses they were offering (which came in handy), but it made sense for us and a few weeks later signed the paperwork.

Exactly this.

I don't think people want to be "police". But the deluxe resorts typically sell out, which equals crowded pools. They have enough people at/in them without non resort guests coming in, regardless of where that non resort guest is staying.

Jedi Stitch

What makes sense is the comment that when it is peak season and the hotel and the parks are fully booked. you just want a resort day or afternoon heat wave break from the crowds. Then yes you are already trying to grab real estate in this situations. I like to go in January when the crowds are not sooooo big, Then it doesn't seam to matter, then. Plenty of room everywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom