About to go on my first Disney Cruise!! Any suggestions to help make the most of it?!

ccozt

Original Poster
Hey everyone!
I'm a new member so I was looking for some expert advice on making the most of my vacation. I will be going on the Dream. Thank you everyone!!!

Ralphlaw

Don't feel compelled to leave the ship, especially in Nassau. The ship in my opinion is far more impressive than anything onshore. You only have 3 or 4 days, so get to know the ship. Of course, make the most of Castaway Cay. It's truly a tropical paradise.

Last edited:

tmitch

I've done the dream twice, and I wouldn't get off the boat at Nassau either. Both times I got off, and kind of regretted it. Try and do the midship detective agency if you're with family, definitely do the pirate party, see the pirate show and fireworks. Check out cabanas after the pirate show, they have some nice themed food. Download the cruise app on your phone to see what's available. I tried to stay up as late as possible to see everything, because once it's over, it'd a long wait until the next one:)

216bruce

Agreed...Nassau is no big deal, unless seeing Atlantis interests you. My main advice to you is you can make the most of it, just like in the parks, by not getting stressed and trying to "do" everything. Relax, enjoy and have a full, happy day. Everything there is great and you can't go wrong.
Castaway Cay is fantastic.

EOD K9

I just finished a cruise on the Dream two weeks ago and I am envious. We got off at Nassau to get rum cake and were back on the ship in two hours. As others have said, enjoy the ship. You don't need to see or do everything. Try to relax...you're on a cruise!

ccozt

Original Poster
Don't feel compelled to leave the ship, especially in Nassau. The ship in my opinion is far more impressive than anything onshore. You only have 3 or 4 days, so get to know the ship. Of course, make the most of Castaway Cay. It's truly a tropical paradise.
Excellent! Are there any excursions worth doing while on Castaway Cay?!

ccozt

Original Poster
I've done the dream twice, and I wouldn't get off the boat at Nassau either. Both times I got off, and kind of regretted it. Try and do the midship detective agency if you're with family, definitely do the pirate party, see the pirate show and fireworks. Check out cabanas after the pirate show, they have some nice themed food. Download the cruise app on your phone to see what's available. I tried to stay up as late as possible to see everything, because once it's over, it'd a long wait until the next one:)
I'm so excited to enjoy the pirate party. My little brother is bringing his best pirate gear. He loves the movies. I didn't know about the cabanas so thank you! I'm so excited for vacation

ccozt

Original Poster
Agreed...Nassau is no big deal, unless seeing Atlantis interests you. My main advice to you is you can make the most of it, just like in the parks, by not getting stressed and trying to "do" everything. Relax, enjoy and have a full, happy day. Everything there is great and you can't go wrong.
Castaway Cay is fantastic.
Yeah that's one mistake I've made while going to the parks, trying to do so much and always feeling overwhelmed and tired. Don't get me wrong I have an amazing time when I'm there, I just hope the cruise will be a nice change of pace. Thank you for your advice!

ccozt

Original Poster
I just finished a cruise on the Dream two weeks ago and I am envious. We got off at Nassau to get rum cake and were back on the ship in two hours. As others have said, enjoy the ship. You don't need to see or do everything. Try to relax...you're on a cruise!
Rum cake does sound delicious though!

EOD K9

Rum cake does sound delicious though!
It is actually. We actually could have been back on board in an hour but we just took our time strolling one of the shops. In reality, an hour in Nassau and then the rest of the day on the boat isn't terrible.

tmitch

downloadfile.jpeg
I don't know how much of a health nut you are, but there is a castaway cay 5k that you can sign up for. It's free, and you get a medal when you finish.

EOD K9

I have done the 5k on my first two out of my three cruises. I opted to actually relax for a change on my last one.

Ralphlaw

Excellent! Are there any excursions worth doing while on Castaway Cay?!

Yes, but you really don't need to do them. The beach is beautiful, and there are inner tubes, small boots, snorkeling gear, and bicycles to rent. There's also a full buffet lunch. Drinks, beach toys, and souvenirs are available for purchase as well. The extra "excursions" are nice, like parasailing, glass bottom boat, sting rays, etc . . ., but you really don't need to book anything to have a great time. I went snorkeling there for the first time in my life, and it was great.

rob0519

We did our first cruise just about a year ago on the Wonder. First of all, if it's a 3 or 4 night cruise, the days will just fly by and it will be over before you know it. Enjoy Castaway Cay. The daughters did parasailing, but other than that, we didn't do any excursions or pay for additional activities and the day still seemed too short, but look at the list of what is available and make your own decision. Be sure to take some time to explore the ship. Because of the size of our party and other personal reasons there were parts of the ship I never even got to look at, let alone experience. There is so much to do and see and so little time, you will need to read the navigator and make some choices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom