?? about park hours and what do you do the first night?

hrmom26

hello all, so i am trying to set up a basic guide ( what parks to go on what days) for my trip in October .i want to figure out if we want to do any fast passes. well i thought since we were not getting there till around dinner our first night , we would go and do a park at night maybe see one of the shows or night time fireworks

i thought of fantasmic at Hollywood studios i notice for that day (october 27th) it says there is a show at 730pm i then went to see what time the park closed it says 7 pm? how can the show start after the park closes? i'm confused lol i have not gone to fantasmic before but i assume it is in the park lol so ... how can this be?

also what do you all do on your first night , assuming you get there later in the day that is .

thanks in advance --- heather

me_stitch

Premium Member
our flight arrives in Orlando at 4:30, once we check into our resort we're heading straight for the F & W Festival for the evening. Why wouldn't you use a ticket for just an evening, if you are staying for multiple nights (which most everyone is) then that extra day only cost you like $20 more. Although heading to Downtown Disney isn't a bad idea either, I always have to get my Earl of Sandwich fix.

Upvote 0

Disney Shib

My family and I are AP's so loosing a day isn't an issue for us however, on our first night after checking in we usually ALWAYS make a dining reservation for dinner. It's always a cross between Biergarten or O'Hana. It just starts the magic off right. Also, how can you pass up a Lapu Lapu or German beer for a vacation kick off.;)

Upvote 0

G8rchamps

Sorry to thread jack, but how do you like Biergarten? We going for the first time during our next trip!
We have been 10 times in the last 14 mos with our AP's and I have been underwhelmed by most of the food. I would go back to Biergarten out of pocket.

On topic- we usually go to the World a night early (only live 2.5 hrs away) and just get checked in for a good night sleep to hit a rope drop the next day. Even if we don't get in the room till late it's always good to be home...

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

We go the same time every year so we always shoot for night emh at MK.
We try to arrive in Orlando by 10 am, check in and relax at the hotel. We swim for a bit then head to dinner at one of the signature restaurants on the MK resort loop. Then get to MK around 7 and stay til emh is over. ;)

Upvote 0

BrianV

We'll be driving up from Ft Myers and plan to check in and then head to a water park. A few hours there using our water park extra on our ticket. Then back to the boardwalk to stroll and relax.

Upvote 0

71dsp

We have been 10 times in the last 14 mos with our AP's and I have been underwhelmed by most of the food. I would go back to Biergarten out of pocket.

So you're unimpressed with the food, but would go back and pay out of pocket? That reads kind of strange to me. Maybe I'm missing something?

Upvote 0

71dsp

OH, now I get it! You're underwhelmed by most of the food at WDW, but *not* Biergarten! I was reading it as if you were underwhelmed by Biergarten's food. :)

Upvote 0

Scott10

The plan for our family has been to check in to our room, unpack, hit up the resort pool, and head to DTD with the order of those depending on whether or not our room is ready upon arrival. This also allows a good nights rest in order to be at the Magic Kingdom EARLY the next day!

Upvote 0

graphite1326

i do too and know just what you mean! this is my first trip since my diagnosis and i'm trying to plan accordingly. i've always had trouble with the walking because of a serious foot injury - i usually can't walk for more than one or two days during a week. this time i'm renting an ECV from one of the outside vendors so i can use it all the time. i know that if i try to walk - even for a day - it will tire me out SO MUCH that i will spend the next two days recovering.

if we're only going to have a couple of hours the first night, we usually either hit up downtown disney/disney springs or make a reservation at one of the resort restaurants and scope out a place to watch wishes (contemporary and the ttc are two of our favorite places to watch from). with the ticket structure, it's not too much to add days, so you may not feel like you're 'wasting' a day on your tickets going to the park. depending on your party size though, shaving off that one day may save A LOT of money... you could spend that on a yummy dinner out ;) seriously, half of what we do at disney is eat.
Me too! We should start a club.

Our first night depends on when we arrive. I plan something like a night show but it all depends on how we feel after a day of travel. I also always look to see if there is a park with the extra hours but we usually poop out before we do one of those.

As far as the RA, I noticed if I keep going and am active it isn't as bad

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom