ABC's The View to broadcast from Disney's Animal Kingdom

tathompson87

Please let me know the dates of your next trip and details of where you will be at what time. Or, better yet, I'll PM you my cell number and you can text me your location. I'll come by and stand or walk slowly in front of you, so you don't feel to entitled either.

A hit dog will holler...

Seabasealpha1

Just watched some of the clips the site posted here...not too shabby...

Though, I still speculate that James Cameron is one of the two guys who bought seats to be shot around the moon by SpaceX...I seriously think one of the two is JC...

ItlngrlBella

The View is a disgusting and deplorable program with the most vile hosts in show business. I'm glad I get home the week before this begins, so it doesn't ruin my vacation.

I only DVRed it this week to see park updates and Pandora previews. The first 15min were "Hot Topics" which was pretty much a daily whine and complaint-fest about politics. I'm just left of center but people go to WDW to escape politics and reality - I was hoping The View would do the same.

They are in the middle of The Happiest Place on Earth and that segment just didn't "fit" this week. I was hoping they'd give that a break while at WDW but no luck. Thankfully I can hit fast forward to avoid the whining and get to the part where Whoopi is wide eyed and in awe of Pandora - that's the stuff we want to see!

Cmdr_Crimson

I only DVRed it this week to see park updates and Pandora previews. The first 15min were "Hot Topics" which was pretty much a daily whine and complaint-fest about politics. I'm just left of center but people go to WDW to escape politics and reality - I was hoping The View would do the same.

They are in the middle of The Happiest Place on Earth and that segment just didn't "fit" this week. I was hoping they'd give that a break while at WDW but no luck. Thankfully I can hit fast forward to avoid the whining and get to the part where Whoopi is wide eyed and in awe of Pandora - that's the stuff we want to see!

Agreed, I'm suppose to escape from the real world's topics for a while...Why bring it in here...If your here to be here for Disney...TALK ABOUT DISNEY!

Cmdr_Crimson

They did. But it would be pretty boring for everyone else if all they did was talk about Disney. Plus it would just be a big commercial.

I would have NO Problem with it........Minus the way they do their Holiday Bull Spitt musical specials.

Yeah Also don't tell it to this guy who had a tv show and was to create the Anaheim Pleasure Palace for this reason.
walt-disney-disneyland-map-tv-show.jpeg

Last edited:

JohnD

I would have NO Problem with it........Minus the way they do their Holiday Bull Spitt musical specials.

Yeah Also don't tell it to this guy who had a tv show and was to create the Anaheim Pleasure Palace for this reason.
walt-disney-disneyland-map-tv-show.jpeg

Excellent point. My goodness the entire point of Wonderful World of Disney was to promote Walt Disney Productions and associated theme parks. With all the complaining here, you'd think Disney, Inc. has never promoted itself on networks before.

Now, I can do without The View. Just saying. But, hey, it and GMA are vehicles to promote Pandora. Why wouldn't they use them?

Tony the Tigger

Excellent point. My goodness the entire point of Wonderful World of Disney was to promote Walt Disney Productions and associated theme parks. With all the complaining here, you'd think Disney, Inc. has never promoted itself on networks before.

Now, I can do without The View. Just saying. But, hey, it and GMA are vehicles to promote Pandora. Why wouldn't they use them?

Again, they did. They specifically promoted Pandora.

The View is not the Wonderful World of Disney, nor is the main point of the View to promote WDW. They do it in various ways throughout the year, and they've been doing this week-long thing at WDW for years.

It's ridiculous to think the View would become all-Disney for a whole week. They broadcast from there and did one or two segments a day to promote.

drizgirl

I just think it's not the least bit surprising that placing their promotion for Pandora in the middle of a show that spends a huge chunk of time on partisan politics every day has garnered some very mixed reactions.

Duh.

JohnD

Again, they did. They specifically promoted Pandora.

The View is not the Wonderful World of Disney, nor is the main point of the View to promote WDW. They do it in various ways throughout the year, and they've been doing this week-long thing at WDW for years.

It's ridiculous to think the View would become all-Disney for a whole week. They broadcast from there and did one or two segments a day to promote.

I think you're arguing for the sake of arguing. I don't recall saying The View would use it's entire show but ABC, being owned by Disney, has vehicles to promote Disney parks. It's no different than The Chew broadcasting from Epcot during F&W Festival.

brb1006

I wish ABC brought back The Wonderful World Of Disney being aired during Friday nights (I could be wrong but didn't it used to air primetime on Friday or sometime during the weekends) since it actually felt special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom