ABC's Galavant

RubyLee

I loved it. Quirky and fun.

Anything with Timothy Omundson as an evil king & I'm sold. I've missed him now that Psych is off the air.

Mad Stitch

I liked the first half, but I thought the second half fell flat though. When Galavant was on the road to Valencia, did the directions sign have an arrow pointing to Winterfell? I looked away and just caught a glimpse of it.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
I liked the first half, but I thought the second half fell flat though. When Galavant was on the road to Valencia, did the directions sign have an arrow pointing to Winterfell? I looked away and just caught a glimpse of it.

I thought the second half was stronger. John Stamos vomiting in armor, the training montage song, King Richard trying to man up....

danlb_2000

Premium Member

7d9bad1bc72c4423c48a889352fe667a.jpg

StageFrenzy

I like it for what it is, something different. I don’t think it is particularly ground breaking other than being on network TV. I feel like deconstructing medieval/fantasy tropes has been done before. That’s okay I think I am going to enjoy having various people show up, be funny and chew scenery. Glad they went miniseries route vs dragging it out as a season. If Galavant and Carter are successful hopefully we will see more of this type of focused miniseries.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We enjoyed it. Nothing amazing. The Menken songs were pretty good and the entendres multiplied up nicely. Big fans of the mini-series idea.

mousehockey37

It's funny, a lot of inappropriate overtones for younger viewers, but it'll be fun to see where it goes.

Side note, Alan Menken did the music. After his music of the past for the bigger movies, this is by far, not his best work. The show is a musical in nature, and it just doesn't cut it. Hopefully he put together some better music for the rest of this, but after week 1, I've heard better musical numbers from South Park and Family Guy.

Sped2424

I must be watching something different but I think it's bad. Not funny enough to be a comedy, and not enough good music to be a musical. If alan menken really did the music here color me shocked because it's so weak.

Jahona

Saw it too, thought it was better than expected. But what's the Winterfell reference?

Winterfell is a city in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice series (Game of Thrones). It is the power of house Stark and the seat of the warden of the north.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Me too. Hopefully it gets another season, or else they filmed a few more episodes and will show them later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom