Aaaaaaaand we're in!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
No problem. The new resort availability tool on the DVC web site makes that a breeze to check now. If you are planning on late July, I would make your reservation very soon, as the availability can change by the minute!
Trust me, the minute we get our member info we will be trying to book! Im just glad to see what is available this late in the game!

Question: Say I booked a 1-bedroom and had a party member back out and now we only need a studio, what is the latest I can change a reservation without losing any points?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Trust me, the minute we get our member info we will be trying to book! Im just glad to see what is available this late in the game!

Question: Say I booked a 1-bedroom and had a party member back out and now we only need a studio, what is the latest I can change a reservation without losing any points?
You cannot simply change a reservation that way. You would have to cancel the original, and then book the new room, assuming that there is still something available. One huge caveat to that. If you cancel a reservation more than 31 days prior, your points all go back to your account for use or banking. If you cancel 30 days or less (down to day before), the points go into a holding account that has to be used before your next use year, cannot be banked, and can only be used for a reservation that is only 60 days out. If you don't cancel by day of, then the points are forfeit.

If you have reserved a 1 bedroom, and you are within a month, just go with the 1 bedroom. My wife and I get a 1 bedroom all the time, even if only the 2 of us. We didn't buy into DVC to stay in a hotel room. Now saying that, in a pinch or a long weekend, we have done a studio at times, but that is the exception.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
If you have reserved a 1 bedroom, and you are within a month, just go with the 1 bedroom. My wife and I get a 1 bedroom all the time, even if only the 2 of us. We didn't buy into DVC to stay in a hotel room. Now saying that, in a pinch or a long weekend, we have done a studio at times, but that is the exception.
Thanks again for the swift info, it would still be the three of us so a 1-bedroom would still be nice.

When during Xmas will you be there?
Our plan is either 19-26 or 20-27, maybe 21-28

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Final timeline:
March 11: Submitted signed offer
March 12: Sent ROFR
April 6: Passed ROFR
May 13: Received closing docs
May 13: Returned closing docs & check
May 14: Closing Docs & check received by agent
May 15: CLOSED!!!
May 18: Deed recorded!!
June 1: Received Member number in mail on letter dated May 26th. Booked two trips.

Already booked two trips, book end nights for our cruise in September and Christmas week! So just under three full months from offer letter to first booking for this resale deal to be complete. I'll admit I was nervous after reading the DVC site was having issues this past weekend but I had no issues last night.

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
@lostpro9het Congrats. I'm currently looking to try to add on 25 points anywhere with an August use year. 25 points are rare and will be even more rare with Aug. But congrats again!!
I'm slightly sicken to say we're also looking for a 25 pointer, preferably March. There were a couple OKW contracts this week for 25 in April that were tempting but one went quick and the other had the early expiration date so we're still looking. The Kool-Aid is sweet and addicting!

EOD K9

upload_2015-6-2_17-1-20.jpeg

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
@lostpro9het Congrats. I'm currently looking to try to add on 25 points anywhere with an August use year. 25 points are rare and will be even more rare with Aug. But congrats again!!

I'm slightly sicken to say we're also looking for a 25 pointer, preferably March. There were a couple OKW contracts this week for 25 in April that were tempting but one went quick and the other had the early expiration date so we're still looking. The Kool-Aid is sweet and addicting!
OK, so not sure if y'all know this, so wanted to post for those that may not. If you contact the Timeshare Store and let them know that you are looking for a 25 point contract with a specific use year, they will let you know - before it is posted on the website! - that one is available. They know that these lower point contracts go very quickly, so I have heard that you gain an edge if you let them know what you are looking for. Most of them never see the light of day, and are gone before ever being posted. Good luck!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
...If you contact the Timeshare Store and let them know that you are looking for a 25 point contract with a specific use year, they will let you know - before it is posted on the website!...
Thanks for the tip!! The Timeshare Store is who we used for resale too.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
@lostpro9het ... I'm currently looking to try to add on 25 points anywhere with an August use year. 25 points are rare and will be even more rare with Aug. But congrats again!!

I'm slightly sicken to say we're also looking for a 25 pointer, preferably March....

Well we did it! A 50 pointer with the same UY and Home resort popped up this week and we bit. After our most recent visit we realized with a teen DD we need at least a 1-bedroom. These points will give us enough flexibility to get at least one week a year during Christmas with some left over for banking.

jonesenon4

congratulations my wife and i just purchased 325 at old key west and have already booked for october.also used the discount to purchase annual passes. so im seeing alot more disney trips in my future also.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Aaaaaaaaaaand we closed....again :D the timeline on this 50 pointer is as follows:

Aug 11 Offer accepted and sent
Sept 2 Passed ROFR
Oct 10 Closing docs recieved
Oct 13 Closing docs returned (holiday weekend banks closed)
Oct 15 Closing docs recieved by agent
Oct 19 Closed!! Orange county comptroller shows signed docs!!

Now we are just waiting on Disney to load our points!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
And to finally close out this chapter, our points just hit our account!
Aug 11 Offer accepted and sent
Sept 2 Passed ROFR
Oct 10 Closing docs recieved
Oct 13 Closing docs returned (holiday weekend banks closed)
Oct 15 Closing docs recieved by agent
Oct 19 Closed!! Orange county comptroller shows signed docs!!
Oct 27 Points show up in our account.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom