AAA Discount

Does anybody know, if I have already booked my trip through Disney, but I have had AAA all along, can I call back and get a discount of some sorts? Or did I miss out because I didn't do it at the original time of booking? I am not going until October, if that means anything. Thanks in advance!

NadieMasK2

I am not sure of the answer, but one thing that is worth checking into is the AAA Diamond Lot parking pass. We have had this before and it allows you to park MUCH closer to the parks, we didn't even use the trams. Now this was quite a while ago so I'm not sure if it's still available but it was awesome.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Yodasnuggs said:
Does anybody know, if I have already booked my trip through Disney, but I have had AAA all along, can I call back and get a discount of some sorts? Or did I miss out because I didn't do it at the original time of booking? I am not going until October, if that means anything. Thanks in advance!

You will have to re book. We had plans with AAA then the buy 4 get 3 deal came out the other year... we had to cancel and re book thru Disney.
Since its so far in advance you shouldn't have any troubles. AAA is usually a small discount though. You may want to contact Pam from Kingdom Konsultant (shes a member & sponser here) she works wonders; if there is a discount out there she'll find it. Her contact info is on the front page.

Don't cancel the old reservations till the new ones are set though. :wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

NadieMasK2 said:
I am not sure of the answer, but one thing that is worth checking into is the AAA Diamond Lot parking pass. We have had this before and it allows you to park MUCH closer to the parks, we didn't even use the trams. Now this was quite a while ago so I'm not sure if it's still available but it was awesome.

As of last year they were still giving it out. We never use it though because we always stay onsite & use WDW transportation.

Upvote 0

MissM

The Diamond Parking still exists, but you have to book a full trip that includes the passes, not just buy one day or even annual passes through them. I stopped one day and asked at the AAA help desk in MK what it took to get them.
-m

Upvote 0

NadieMasK2

MissM said:
The Diamond Parking still exists, but you have to book a full trip that includes the passes, not just buy one day or even annual passes through them. I stopped one day and asked at the AAA help desk in MK what it took to get them.
-m

The last time we got the Diamond pass all we did was buy 4 day hopper passes not a whole package. That could have changed, but the lady who sold me the tickets could have just been doing us a favor. As I recall she was very nice.

Upvote 0

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
Thank you all so much for your replies. I love that fact that on these boards, not only has my question been answered, but I have learned of other helpful resources, additionally. Now here is a stupid question, is there a fee associated with a travel agent? I realize this is something that probably everyon else in the world knows, but I've never used one!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Yodasnuggs said:
Thank you all so much for your replies. I love that fact that on these boards, not only has my question been answered, but I have learned of other helpful resources, additionally. Now here is a stupid question, is there a fee associated with a travel agent? I realize this is something that probably everyon else in the world knows, but I've never used one!

Usually they don't charge fees (its paid by the destination). I know Pam does charge extra if she makes you a personalized itinerary, BUT ONLY if you don't book a package thru her.

Upvote 0

WDWScottieBoy

AAA is actually not that much cheaper. We called them the other day (girlfriend and her family have it...along with some knowledge of AAA (working there and whatnot)) and we found out that it is cheaper to get tickets and everything through www.disneyworld.com than through AAA. They're prices were the same as what WDW charges at the gates.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

There is currently an AAA Discount Offer available for travel dates 1/5/05 through 12/19/05 based on availability. Meaning there is a limited number of rooms available with this discount at each resort on each date in the offer period. The discount is either 10% or 15% off rack rate depending on your travel dates, resort hotel, and room catagory.

If you currently have a room-only reservation (12 digit number) booked directly with Disney by phone then you can call to MODIFY your reservation. This way your deposit will be retained, and your reservation number will not change unless you are also changing resorts.

If you booked a room-only reservation (8 digit number starting with R) directly with Disney by the internet you will need to rebook, place a new deposit and will recieve a full refund of your current deposit.

As far as Travel Agents charging a fee, any respected travel agent will not charge a fee to book a Disney Reservation. Disney does pay a commission to Travel Agents for all room bookings and also for select ticket sales.

And I'll second the motion that Pam at Kingdom Konsultants is the best Disney Travel Agent! :wave:

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
[/QUOTE] And I'll second the motion that Pam at Kingdom Konsultants is the best Disney Travel Agent! :wave:

Hope this helps! :sohappy:[/QUOTE]

It all helped, yes, thank you very much! I have a whole package booked, so I don't think I will bother with the whole cancelling and re-booking. I also just sent an email to Pam! We'll see what she comes up with. Oh, I can't quote properly!

Upvote 0

mmaguiremichael

AAA diamond parking?

Hey, can anyone email me a scanned copy of the front and back of a AAA diamond parking pass for WDW. I am a AAA member, but I already have my tickets through WDW, not AAA. I used these passes before and they do work well for parking up close. The only way to get the passes is to purchase though AAA.
Thank you
mmaguiremichael@yahoo.com

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

mmaguiremichael said:
Hey, can anyone email me a scanned copy of the front and back of a AAA diamond parking pass for WDW. I am a AAA member, but I already have my tickets through WDW, not AAA. I used these passes before and they do work well for parking up close. The only way to get the passes is to purchase though AAA.
Thank you
mmaguiremichael@yahoo.com

I guess that depends on what office you go to. We got two from our local office by going in and asking for them. We explained that we are DVC members and have annual passes and we needed two. She just handed them right over with a nice smile. This office was in Hamden, CT

Upvote 0

parker kim

AAA rooms are limited so as long as there is rooms ava. in the resort for the week you want you should have no problems. If the operater tells you there's not keep calling back thing change.

Upvote 0

psuchad

What is better? Booking Disney Resort, tickets and flight through AAA or through Disney and telling them you are a AAA member? Is there any pros or cons to either?

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

As far as the Diamond Lot parking goes:

EPCOT, MGM and AK are nice, but MK can be a bit of a hike, as the trams don't stop at the Diamond lots.

We bought 1 4-day parkhopper in september and we got the pass. There's a discount card that you get when booking a vacation through them, but you can get the parking pass with as little as a ticket.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

psuchad said:
What is better? Booking Disney Resort, tickets and flight through AAA or through Disney and telling them you are a AAA member? Is there any pros or cons to either?

If you want a room-only reservation, then the discount offer will be the same either way.

If you want a Magic Your Way Vacation Package with air, room, tickets, and even meals then you do need to book through AAA to take advantage of the AAA discount offers.

Remember, AAA does not give you a discount per say, but offers a limited number of discounted rooms and packages based on availiablity.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

daveemtdave

I am not sure how this worked, but on line through Disney I was paying $200 more than through AAA. I like working with AAA because our trip rep is someone I know and TRUST. That is important. Since we travel so far to get there, I like the added feeling of protection if we have car problems, etc. Everyone has to do what makes their vacation relaxing for them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom