A Whole New World...Revisited

DisneyManOne

Original Poster

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
What do you mean by officially announced?

Never mind.

When I said "officially announced", I meant "confirmed". I wouldn't change the original posts if the rumors were just rumors. If those rumors were proven to be confirmed, then I would change them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've decided to ignore the thing about where characters will be, and instead focus on that special event I hinted at.

I'm sure many of us hardcore Disney nerds will forever loathe the fact that we could not take part in the 2015 IPW festivities. But, however, I actually have an idea for how to bring it to the masses (well, most masses). This is...
DCL-Disney-Dreams-Show-Final-Screen-Logo.jpg

Disney Dreams
A Night When Fantasy Comes to Life

This is a full-out celebration of the Disney legacy. Everywhere you turn in the Magic Kingdom, you'll find yourself inside the worlds of your favorite Disney movies. Jeff and Denise Lange of MouseSteps were part of the event, and they posted this video talking about their experience. This should serve as a guide as to what I would do...​

Now, given the private feeling of the IPW party, I'd strictly have the attendees be only Annual Passholders. Why? Because the main draw for the party is the characters. As I said, this would be an opportunity for people to feel like they're in the wonderful world of Disney. And there would be plenty of characters out and about. And if this park were open to the public, you'd be pretty much swamped, much like certain events of which I know of (*cough*VillainsUnleashed*cough*). Plus, this'll give APs an opportunity to get away from the usual hectic crowd of tourists and all those Brazilian tour groups and soccer moms and the like... (I heard that the IPW event had like 4,000 guests, so that's what I'm hoping to see by having just APs.)

I'd also have the event take place once every month (does that sound like too much? If so, let me know and I'll come up with an alternative), so that way, if one AP can't make it, there's always next month, right?

Now then, let's discuss some of the elements of the event...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Food

Much like the IPW event, there's tons of options to get food. But one of the biggest draws for foodies--beer! That's right, beer is found here for adults to enjoy. When you walk in to the park, you're greeted by servers offering trays of beer and wine right on Main Street. And the forbidden fruit continues to flow after that, with bar set-ups in the lands of the Magic Kingdom.

For a closer look at the food, check out this blog post: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/05/24/party-in-the-magic-kingdom/
The Rides

The classic rides of the park will be open as well. Here's a complete list of what will be open.

Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Walt Disney: One Man's Dream​
Adventureland
  • Swiss Family Treehouse​
  • Jungle Cruise​
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth​
  • Pirates of the Caribbean​
Frontierland
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad​
  • Splash Mountain​
  • Western River Expedition​
  • Country Bear Jamboree​
Liberty Square
  • The Haunted Mansion​
  • Mike Fink Keel Boats​
Fantasyland
  • "it's a small world"​
  • Peter Pan's Flight​
  • Cinderella's Golden Carrousel​
  • Princess Fairytale Hall​
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh​
  • Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid​
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train​
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant​
  • Mickey's Big Top Spin​
  • Alice in Wonderland​
  • Mad Tea Party​
  • Bald Mountain​
Tomorrowland
  • The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter​
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin​
  • Astro Orbiter​
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority​
  • TRON Lightcycle Power Run​
  • Space Mountain​
  • If You Had Wings​
Special Entertainment
  • Special showing of SpectroMagic
  • Special showing of Celebrate the Magic and Wishes
  • Nighttime edition of Move It Shake It
  • A performance by the Dapper Dans 30 minutes prior to SpectroMagic
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Characters

This is it...the big advantage for APs...the characters. Here at Disney Dreams, the character cup runneth over as our Disney friends come out to play. Here's who you'll find here...

Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Oswald, Chip, Dale, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Scrooge McDuck, Ludwig von Drake, Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar throughout Town Square.
  • John and Sarah (from Carousel of Progress) at Center Street.
Adventureland
  • Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa and Rafiki at the Legend of the Lion King theater. For this meet & greet, I would have the theater be set up for a meet & greet and have the puppets (using real-time technology) actually interact with guests.​
vwd0319399LARGE.jpg
  • Baloo, King Louie, Mowgli, Shanti and Colonel Hathi on the Adventureland Veranda gazebo.​
  • Tarzan, Jane, Terk, Kala and Kerchak nearby the Swiss Family Treehouse.​
  • Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Abu at the Adventureland Bazaar.​
  • The Orange Bird at Sunshine Tree Terrace.​
  • Captain Jack Sparrow nearby Pirates of the Caribbean​
  • Carl, Russell and Dug nearby Jungle Cruise.​
Frontierland
  • Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear near Splash Mountain
  • Woody, Jessie and Bullseye at the General Store
  • Kenai and Koda at Thunder Mesa
  • The Country Bears in front of the Country Bear Jamboree
Liberty Square
  • Pocahontas, John Smith, Ratcliffe and Meeko at the Riverboat Landing.
  • Tiana and Naveen at the gazebo.
  • Haunted Mansion characters (Tightrope Girl, Constance, the Gravedigger, the Caretaker, the Hitchhiking Ghosts and the Ballroom Dancers) in front of the Haunted Mansion.
Fantasyland
  • Rapunzel and Flynn Rider at the Tangled area
  • Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, the Lost Boys and Tinker Bell nearby Peter Pan's Flight
  • Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Phoebus, Clopin and Frollo at the Festival of Fools stage.
  • Pinocchio, Gepetto, Jiminy Cricket and the Blue Fairy nearby the Pinocchio Village Haus.
  • Mary Poppins, Bert and the Penguins in front of Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
  • Merlin near the Sword in the Stone.
  • Anastasia, Drizella, Lady Tremaine, Jaq, Gus, Suzy and Perla throughout the courtyard.
  • Cinderella and Prince Charming, Aurora and Phillip, and Anna, Elsa and Kristoff at Princess Fairytale Hall.
  • Merida at Fairytale Garden.
  • Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Rabbit, Kanga & Roo and Christopher Robin at Pooh's Greeting Spot.
  • Snow White, Prince Florian and the Seven Dwarfs in front of the Dwarfs' Cottage.
  • Belle, Prince Adam, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts and Chip in the library at Enchanted Tales with Belle.
  • Gaston and the Bimbettes in Belle's Village.
  • Ariel and Prince Eric at Ariel's Grotto.
  • Dumbo, Timothy Mouse and the Pink Elephants (from "Remember the Magic") at Storybook Circus.
  • Alice, the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit, the March Hare, the Cheshire Cat, the Queen of Hearts, the Doorknob, Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum and the Cards throughout the Wonderland sub-area.
  • Various Disney villains in front of Bald Mountain.
Tomorrowland
  • Stitch nearby the Astro Orbiter.
  • L.C. Clench, Spinlok and Dr. Femus in front of Alien Encounter.
  • Buzz Lightyear and the Aliens in front of Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin.
  • Tron, Clu, Yori and Kevin Flynn in front of the TRON Lightcycle Power Run.
  • Hiro and Baymax near If You Had Wings.
  • Star-Lord and Gamora in the Tomorrowland courtyard.
Well, what do you think?​

Last edited:

orlando678-

Cool! It would be cool to have some characters from Jungle Cruise, Its a Small World, Alien Encounter and maybe even Carousel of Progress out.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Cool, needs Oswald, and did you see the new stuff in Fantasmic they added this year?

I heard about the new stuff thanks to and Inside the Magic. In fact, if you look back, you'll see I recently updated my post about Fantasmic to include it.

Cool! It would be cool to have some characters from Jungle Cruise, Its a Small World, Alien Encounter and maybe even Carousel of Progress out.

Good idea, man! It would be nice to see John and Sarah out on Main Street, and possibly L.C. Clench nearby Alien Encounter.

You forgot about the hotels and on-resort transportation.

I forgot about them for a reason, my friend. I find that the hotels are perfect as is. And besides, out of all the hotels at WDW, I've only stayed at four--the Contemporary, the All-Star Movies, the Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans French Quarter. I also won't discuss Disney Springs, because I''d like to see what it will be like before I can make any judgements. But, however, I do have plans to discuss transportation. Let's do that right now!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transportation at Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World is a very big place. And you can bet that there's tons of ways to get around from park to park.

Let's start things off with the monorail.

10414862-large.jpg

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas." The Walt Disney World Monorail is as old as the resort itself, taking guests on a relaxing trip to various stops.

People have often complained that the current fleet of Mk VI monorails is deteriorating, resorting to shorter and shorter operating hours due to their old age and unreliability.

These issues will be solved with an all new fleet of Mk VIII monorails. These new monorails will still retain the iconic style of its predecessors (the famed white body with the identifying-color stripe running across it). There will be 14 of these monorails, and every single color in the current fleet will be used: Red, Coral, Orange, Peach, Gold, Yellow, Lime, Green, Teal, Blue, Silver and Black. But what of the other two? In honor of the new fleet, I'd like to bring back two retired members back into service: Monorail Purple...
car-at-disney-world-monorail-purple.jpg
and Monorail Pink.
6343334428_8c07358943_z.jpg
Both Pink and Purple were retired from service due to the infamous crash of 2009. But I say, we should welcome these two back to the fleet, bringing the total up to 14 monorails (trust us, we're gonna need 'em come peak season).

The new monorails will be six cars long, with a wrap around sunroof on each car, connecting the two side windows with a smooth, circular curve of glass.

The first and last cars will have the pilot’s cabins, along with a passenger compartment; the second and fifth cars will be open and spacious to accommodate wheelchairs and strollers more easily, with benches on each end of the cabin, and on the side walls.

Finally, the two middle cars will adopt a similar style to the current monorails, split into two compartments, each containing two facing benches and enough room for more passengers to stand.

RFxOFQC.png
Now, we all know that the monorail currently has three major routes:
  • Express: From the Transportation and Ticket Center to the Magic Kingdom. Travels counter-clockwise on the outer loop.
  • Resort: From the Transportation and Ticket Center to the Polynesian, to the Grand Floridian, to the Magic Kingdom and to the Contemporary. Goes clockwise on the inner loop.
  • Epcot: From the Transportation and Ticket Center to EPCOT Center.
As we all know, the monorails are able to run on all these tracks due to the spurs/switches nearby the TTC.
monorail_map.jpg
With that said, I'd construct two more spurs/switches--one to the left of the TTC and another to the right.

The left one will serve two different loops. The first is known as the Hollywoodland loop. This will go from the Transportation and Ticket Center, to the Yacht and Beach Club, to the Swan and Dolphin and to Disney's Hollywoodland.

The second left one is the Animal loop, which goes from the TTC to Disney's Animal Kingdom and to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.

The spur on the right will serve the Mythica loop, which goes from the TTC to a specially created monorail station that serves Saratoga Springs, Disney Springs and Mythica.

The boats will stay roughly the same. The Sassagoula Boats that run between Port Orleans Riverside and Downtown Disney, as well as the ferries and small boats that run between the TTC and the Magic Kingdom, will receive only a paint touch up, and a basic refurb while the boats that run between EPCOT Center and Disney's Hollywoodland, and the bigger boats that run between the TTC and Magic Kingdom, will be completely repainted to drop their dated pastel color scheme and instead will feature deeper colors. The interiors will also be updated to fit more guests safely and comfortably.
FE9DAGKFHTOF4TF.LARGE.jpg
The buses will go through quite a few changes, dropping their terrible early-'90s look, instead featuring a color scheme similar to the color scheme rolled out on a few buses about two years ago.
wdwbus.jpg
The iconic bus spiel that plays as guests enter each park will also be updated. Half of the updated bus fleet will also be articulated, allowing twice the amount of guests to board.

Finally, I'd like to discuss the hub for the monorails: the Transportation and Ticket Center. Don't hate me for this, but I personally think that the area doesn't look warm and inviting. So, what I'd do is turn the area into something called Disney Square.

Guests enter Disney Square through one of 5 different arches (each one representing a different park--Magic Kingdom, EPCOT Center, Disney's Hollywoodland, Disney's Animal Kingdom and Mythica), and find themselves in a beautiful garden area. In the center of the garden lies a fountain featuring the whales from Fantasia 2000, and above them, Sorcerer Mickey, making waves appear. Surrounding them are golden versions of Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Winnie the Pooh, Pinocchio and Dumbo. At night, the true majesty of the fountain shows, with beautiful colors and music.

A lush golden building marks the new Transportation Station. Here, guests can board one of Disney's many forms of transportation--be it an elegant ferry boat, the majestic, stylish Monorail or-an ever so handy bus--and journey to wherever their day's adventure lies in store. The inside of the Transportation Station is inspired by Disneyland Paris' Disneyland Hotel. Inside lies a fantastically designed atrium where travelers scale flights upon flights of stairs and lushly decorated elevators all leading to loading platforms.

To the far-right of the building, guests will find Mickey's Gift Station, offering various goods and wares. Nearby, you'll find a small kiosk selling coffee, soft drinks and pastries (perfect to give you that zip that gets you through the morning).

Surrounding the area are the lovely Central Station Gardens and a bay-walk which features a lovely view of the Seven Seas Lagoon. The gardens, littered with millions of colorful blossoms, are divided in five sections each representing the 5 corners of Walt Disney World.

So, there we have it--the new and improved Monorail System and the new Disney Square. Any thoughts or critiques?

In the next post, I'll introduce you to a whole new experience at WDW. See ya then!

Jack Pumpkinhead

I heard about the new stuff thanks to ***** and Inside the Magic. In fact, if you look back, you'll see I recently updated my post about Fantasmic to include it.

Good idea, man! It would be nice to see John and Sarah out on Main Street, and possibly L.C. Clench nearby Alien Encounter.

I forgot about them for a reason, my friend. I find that the hotels are perfect as is. And besides, out of all the hotels at WDW, I've only stayed at four--the Contemporary, the All-Star Movies, the Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans French Quarter. I also won't discuss Disney Springs, because I''d like to see what it will be like before I can make any judgements. But, however, I do have plans to discuss transportation. Let's do that right now!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transportation at Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World is a very big place. And you can bet that there's tons of ways to get around from park to park.

Let's start things off with the monorail.

10414862-large.jpg

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas." The Walt Disney World Monorail is as old as the resort itself, taking guests on a relaxing trip to various stops.

People have often complained that the current fleet of Mk VI monorails is deteriorating, resorting to shorter and shorter operating hours due to their old age and unreliability.

These issues will be solved with an all new fleet of Mk VIII monorails. These new monorails will still retain the iconic style of its predecessors (the famed white body with the identifying-color stripe running across it). There will be 14 of these monorails, and every single color in the current fleet will be used: Red, Coral, Orange, Peach, Gold, Yellow, Lime, Green, Teal, Blue, Silver and Black. But what of the other two? In honor of the new fleet, I'd like to bring back two retired members back into service: Monorail Purple...

car-at-disney-world-monorail-purple.jpg
and Monorail Pink.
6343334428_8c07358943_z.jpg
Both Pink and Purple were retired from service due to the infamous crash of 2009. But I say, we should welcome these two back to the fleet, bringing the total up to 14 monorails (trust us, we're gonna need 'em come peak season).

The new monorails will be six cars long, with a wrap around sunroof on each car, connecting the two side windows with a smooth, circular curve of glass.

The first and last cars will have the pilot’s cabins, along with a passenger compartment; the second and fifth cars will be open and spacious to accommodate wheelchairs and strollers more easily, with benches on each end of the cabin, and on the side walls.

Finally, the two middle cars will adopt a similar style to the current monorails, split into two compartments, each containing two facing benches and enough room for more passengers to stand.

RFxOFQC.png
Now, we all know that the monorail currently has three major routes:
  • Express: From the Transportation and Ticket Center to the Magic Kingdom. Travels counter-clockwise on the outer loop.
  • Resort: From the Transportation and Ticket Center to the Polynesian, to the Grand Floridian, to the Magic Kingdom and to the Contemporary. Goes clockwise on the inner loop.
  • Epcot: From the Transportation and Ticket Center to EPCOT Center.
As we all know, the monorails are able to run on all these tracks due to the spurs/switches nearby the TTC.
monorail_map.jpg
With that said, I'd construct two more spurs/switches--one to the left of the TTC and another to the right.

The left one will serve two different loops. The first is known as the Hollywoodland loop. This will go from the Transportation and Ticket Center, to the Yacht and Beach Club, to the Swan and Dolphin and to Disney's Hollywoodland.

The second left one is the Animal loop, which goes from the TTC to Disney's Animal Kingdom and to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.

The spur on the right will serve the Mythica loop, which goes from the TTC to a specially created monorail station that serves Saratoga Springs, Disney Springs and Mythica.

The boats will stay roughly the same. The Sassagoula Boats that run between Port Orleans Riverside and Downtown Disney, as well as the ferries and small boats that run between the TTC and the Magic Kingdom, will receive only a paint touch up, and a basic refurb while the boats that run between EPCOT Center and Disney's Hollywoodland, and the bigger boats that run between the TTC and Magic Kingdom, will be completely repainted to drop their dated pastel color scheme and instead will feature deeper colors. The interiors will also be updated to fit more guests safely and comfortably.
FE9DAGKFHTOF4TF.LARGE.jpg
The buses will go through quite a few changes, dropping their terrible early-'90s look, instead featuring a color scheme similar to the color scheme rolled out on a few buses about two years ago.
wdwbus.jpg
The iconic bus spiel that plays as guests enter each park will also be updated. Half of the updated bus fleet will also be articulated, allowing twice the amount of guests to board.

Finally, I'd like to discuss the hub for the monorails: the Transportation and Ticket Center. Don't hate me for this, but I personally think that the area doesn't look warm and inviting. So, what I'd do is turn the area into something called Disney Square.

Guests enter Disney Square through one of 5 different arches (each one representing a different park--Magic Kingdom, EPCOT Center, Disney's Hollywoodland, Disney's Animal Kingdom and Mythica), and find themselves in a beautiful garden area. In the center of the garden lies a fountain featuring the whales from Fantasia 2000, and above them, Sorcerer Mickey, making waves appear. Surrounding them are golden versions of Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Winnie the Pooh, Pinocchio and Dumbo. At night, the true majesty of the fountain shows, with beautiful colors and music.

A lush golden building marks the new Transportation Station. Here, guests can board one of Disney's many forms of transportation--be it an elegant ferry boat, the majestic, stylish Monorail or-an ever so handy bus--and journey to wherever their day's adventure lies in store. The inside of the Transportation Station is inspired by Disneyland Paris' Disneyland Hotel. Inside lies a fantastically designed atrium where travelers scale flights upon flights of stairs and lushly decorated elevators all leading to loading platforms.

To the far-right of the building, guests will find Mickey's Gift Station, offering various goods and wares. Nearby, you'll find a small kiosk selling coffee, soft drinks and pastries (perfect to give you that zip that gets you through the morning).

Surrounding the area are the lovely Central Station Gardens and a bay-walk which features a lovely view of the Seven Seas Lagoon. The gardens, littered with millions of colorful blossoms, are divided in five sections each representing the 5 corners of Walt Disney World.

So, there we have it--the new and improved Monorail System and the new Disney Square. Any thoughts or critiques?

In the next post, I'll introduce you to a whole new experience at WDW. See ya then!

Just out of curiosity,do you have any ideas for resort hotels of your own?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Just out of curiosity,do you have any ideas for resort hotels of your own?

If you look back at my posts on Mythica, you'll notice the map features Disney's Royal Oxbridge Resort, which would be located inside the Anglia land of the park.

So Oswald won't be a meet & greet in the Magic Kingdom?

Yes, he will. He will be meeting at Town Square with the other characters, as well as at Timeless River at Disney's Hollywoodland.
Now then, let me take you to a whole new experience at Walt Disney World. Welcome to...

Athel Island
Discovery%20Island%20Aerial.jpg

(Note: This is not my idea. I found this idea from the Creator Games thread, and I liked it so much, I decided to put it in my plans. Credit to the following people: @DisneyPrincess1993, @RMichael21, @tcool, @orlando678-, @TheOriginalTiki, @MCParradox and @JokersWild.)
Walt Disney World is a place where you can live a beautiful fantasy or an exciting adventure. The young and the young at heart can play together in an escape from the real world that we all live in. This was showcased more than ever in Walt Disney World's earlier years at Discovery Island, a now abandoned section of the resort's property. Discovery Island opened in 1974 as Treasure Island, and was a sanctuary for tropical wildlife such as birds, snakes and primates. Located in the middle of Bay Lake, between the Contemporary Resort, Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness, the island occupied a prime location, and was a popular draw for long-stay visitors who wanted more than just to visit the parks. In 1998, following the opening of Animal Kingdom, attendance to the island began to dwindle, and it closed for good in 1999. The structures on the island stood abandoned for many years before Disney started to dismantle them a few years ago, but much of the original island still remains, buried under a thick layer of vegetation and dirt.

Well, I plan to turn this abandoned island into an all-new unique experience to the Disney Parks. Athel Island will be an exciting half-day park experience that will allow guests of all ages to have their own adventure!

Backstory and Mythology

A group of travelers led by the legendary explorer Ezkiel Athels get caught in a deadly storm and shipwreck on an island in the middle of an uncharted region of the Pacific Northwest. When they arrive, all they discover is an odd shaped rock shaped like an idol of sorts. After going through the island, there's no other inhabitants on the island, not even deer or any sort of wildlife. Once they have explored, they find that they enjoy the island, with it's rushing creeks and bursting geysers. However, they find that the most beautiful trait of the island is the gorgeous mountain that rises above the treetops.

After figuring out how to survive in the unforgiving, but beautiful wilderness, the villagers learn how to fish for food, which plants are edible, how to build homes and other survival techniques. As the community grows, they learn more and more about the wild and discover new artifacts and items unknown to the outside world. So, they decide to have traders go out into the world to trade and spread the stories of the island, which they have named Athel Island after their heroic leader. But they also believe their prosperity is due to the idol who looks over the island and gives the villagers good karma for every day and every night..

General Theming
The theme of the island is based off of the wilderness of an untouched Pacific Northwest island, featuring giant redwood trees, rocky creeks, and multiple geysers across the island.

fKcyd15l.jpg

Attractions & Amenities

The park features many adventurous activities for guests to enjoy. Guests can have their own adventure at the following experiences...

The fun, adventure and mystery of Athel Island set in even before you get there, because even the boat ride is a journey within itself. Guests travel to Athel Island on small steam ships, reminiscent of the boats found on the world famous Jungle Cruise, or the existing steam boats ferrying guests between Magic Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge / Fort Wilderness. These boats will depart from the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

After boarding their vessels, guests are treated to a 15 minute cruise around Athel Island as they are told of the history of the island. The cruise ends with a short trip through Goff Caverns, a beautiful natural cavern lit by stunning multi-colored crystals, geysers and waterfalls. The boat enters the caves underneath the mountain, where the guests see several scenes before arriving at the dock. Guests will encounter AA bats, see the beautiful caverns and escape an active geyser, which erupts out of the caverns and out of the side of the mountain, adding a layer of kinetics akin to that at Typhoon Lagoon.

jwlwq0Wl.png
Guests can disembark their boat on Athel Island inside Goff Cavern, emerging out of the caves into the central village, from where they can experience the many attractions on the island.

Rising up from Bay Lake is a new structure that will become an iconic landmark of Athel Island. Mount Athel rises six stories in the air and is the primary location for more physically demanding activities. The mountain will have a light brown appearance save for patches of grass in various spaces. Redwood trees will be strategically placed so they're smaller as they go up the mountain and bigger near the bottom, giving it a forced perspective look of appearing much taller than it actually is.

Hollowed out within the mountain is a series of man-made caves for safe "cave exploration" on the Cave Exploration Trails. Think of this as a network of caves all tying back into each other, essentially a big maze with three different cave paths all criss-crossing at various points. This is similar to Injun Joe's Cave on Tom Sawyer Island, except on a grander scale, and with elements of Disneyland's Rainbow Caverns thrown in. The cave exploration trails inside Athel mountain will have some small interactive halls with projection effects, AA bears, diamonds and more. One of the games the guests can play is similar to the indoor queue game from the Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Magic Bands can be tapped to the games and interactive elements for a personalized touch (like the guest's name appearing in the waterfalls).

Going up the mountain will be various Wilderness Hiking Trails, where you can hike all the way to the top of the gently sloping mountain. There will be three trails, one of which is the most extreme and uphill. One trail is the lightest and fastest way to get to the peak, and the other is essentially the "Scenic Route", winding its way around the mountain in such a way to afford great views of the surrounding areas.

mn-hiking-0530.jpg
Rock Climbing Walls will also be naturally worked into the sides of the mountain, again at various levels ranging from a 20 foot Kid's Climb to the 70 foot expert course to get to the very top.

Brave guests will also be able to partake in one of the most popular outdoor activities in modern day tourism...the Zipline! Once again, there will be three different ziplines at various points along the mountain. One right at the peak will give guests a real rush as they careen down at a steep angle, by far the most thrilling offering of the entire park.

Slightly below the peak guests can ride a Scenic Zipline that is much longer than the "thrill" version but not nearly as steep of an incline, affording guests a lot of good views as they zip back down to the bottom. Finally about 40 feet up will be a beginners zipline where you can go back down the mountain at a relaxing pace, minus any steep incline. Perfect for kids who are unsure rather or not they're ready for the bigger courses.

Also starting on the side of the mountain is the Treetop Adventure. Nestled among the trees is a small building in the style of Wilderness Lodge, where guests can put on their safety harnesses. From here, another zipline takes guests down the mountain and into the redwood forest below, where they will begin their high-ropes adventure. Several unique challenges face the guests on this aerial course, passing over most of the island before returning guests the the base of Mount Athel. You must be at least 48" tall to take on this adventure.

Throughout the park, there are countless weather-resistant animal audio-animatronics. These AAs will be similar to the ones in the extinct Journey into Nature's Wonderland attraction at Disneyland.

Guests can also go to the Fishing Pond, or Salmon Creek Fishing Point. Here you can rent fishing poles and catch a variety of different kinds of fish. However, you must throw back all of the fish to keep the ecosystem of the park intact.

For the kids, the Geyser Splash Pads will be a great place to cool off in the hot Florida sun. Tying part of the backstory into this attraction, everyone from the entire family can enjoy the geysers just like the villagers on the expedition did.

We also have the Wilderness Explorer Adventures locations. At these locations, a cast member will present the guest with a question, task or challenge which, when completed, will earn the guest a Wilderness Explorer Badge (sticker). This does not replace the current setup at Animal Kingdom, but is instead complimentary. Certain badges can only be found at Animal Kingdom, while certain others can only be found at Wilderness Retreat, so to collect a full set, guests must visit both parks. Although the Up characters are here, ties to the movie will be kept loose in order to keep a more consistent theme throughout the island.

Finally, we have Russell's Balloon Tour, a suspended dark ride where the riders sit in a basket underneath a faux hot air balloon, travelling over most of the island, and even out over the water. This peaceful attraction allows a view of the island for those who aren't keen on riding down the ziplines or running through the trails. The balloons gently rock and bob up and down to enhance the sensation of flight. The balloons travel through the thick forest, winding over the many paths and buildings, before they travel out over the open water of Bay Lake. Turning and returning to shore, the balloons enter a rocky canyon filled with mist, much like the one in Up, catching a glimpse of the Spirit of Adventure docked in Muntz's cave (using forced perspective to make it appear larger than it actually is), and then passing Kevin. As Kevin flees into the forest, the balloons follow, returning to the station near the base of the mountain.

4J8Jpbg.png
The traditional Carl, Russell, and Dug meet n' greet characters will be out and about near the docks here, but with a couple special surprises. Dug's voice collar will work, and he'll be able to interact with the guests via an unseen cast member feeding lines based on the activity of the people around the dog. Expect many "Squirrel!" and "oh please, will you be my prisoner!" jokes. Joining the trio will be a highly advanced AA of Kevin, who will be a free roaming meet & greet character which will act much in the style of Lucky the Dinosaur but with far more realistic movements.

Restaurant
Along the creek, a quick-service restaurant will be featured that serves a variety of seafood, meats and greens. A wooden terrace overlooks Bay Lake, as the location occupies the former Discovery Island dock area. This location is only open for lunch. A select few menu items are showcased below:

Fish Tacos:
fish-tacos.jpg

Fish and Chips:
HandBatteredFishChips62011.jpg

Garden Salad:
Garden-Salad.jpg

Gourmet Bacon Cheeseburger:
enjoy-a-gourmet-cheeseburger.jpg

Easter Eggs
No Disney experience is without it's Easter Eggs! Throughout the island are subtle references to the island's past and different Disney references only fans would understand! These include tie-ins with Wilderness Lodge's backstory, references to Discovery Island's real past, references to Rainbow Caverns and the Mine Train Into Nature's Wonderland at Disneyland, and references to various imagineers.

MyMagic + Implantation
MyMagic+ as many will know is a way Disney has made planning a trip less stressful. MyMagic+ comes with several features--namely, Disney's FastPass+ System, the Magic Bands, and My Disney Experience. However for Athel Island only two out of three of these great features will be used. Those two being the Magic Bands and My Disney Experience.

On My Disney Experience guests will be able to check the time for the next ferry to Athel Island. They can also use this same feature to find out when the next ferry is leaving from Athel Island. If wanted guests can take a survey made just for Athel Island. Using this survey, My Disney Experience can help guests find what's best to their liking on Athel Island. On my Disney Experience guests will also find out which activities are closed for the day rather it be by weather or anything that may occur. Finally guests will of course be able to see what time Athel Island opens and closes along with various activities located on the island.

The Magic Bands will of course still be used to enter the park. If of course the guests has one. With scanners that can track Magic Bands within the park guests can be welcomed to the park by name by the cast members. The cast members can even suggest activities based on their Athel Island Survey results on My Disney Experience.

In sum, Athel Island will be a place where every guest of the Walt Disney World Resort can come and have the adventure of a lifetime!

Athel Island
1) Athel Island Boat Cruise
2) Cave Exploration Trails
3) Wilderness Hiking Trails
4) Rock Climbing Walls
5) Mountain Ziplines
6) Scenic Ziplines
7) Treetop Adventure
8) Geyser Splash Pads
9) Fishing Pond & Salmon Creek
10) Wilderness Explorer Adventures
11) Russell's Balloon Tour

Dining
1) Athel Island Restaurant

Now then, in the next post, I'll showcase one of my favorite ideas: the return of a classic resort TV loop. See ya then!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Well, just like I promised, it's time to kick back on the resort bed and turn on the TV, where of course, it's set to the main resort TV loop. This loop allows you to take a look at the Walt Disney World Resort at large, complete with looks at some of the lesser-known things to do here.

Now, honestly, I'd really like to bring back the original early-2000's TV loop, so that's what I did here in my ideas. So, with that said, come along and join me once again on the...

Walt Disney World Tour
sb60gc.jpg

I'd recommend watching the video along with me, because a majority of this will be the same, albeit with some of the descriptions changed.

(The Walt Disney World Tour loop starts out with that classic claymation opening, seen from 0:00 to 0:25. From there, the scene fades into a white area (I don't know how to describe it) where we meet our four hosts: an Asian-American woman in a pink shirt, an African-American man in a purple shirt, a Caucasian woman in a blue shirt and a Hispanic-American in a yellow shirt (who originally hosted the thing himself in the original 2000 version. The other three didn't come along until the 2001 loop). For your convenience, I'll color-code their lines based on the shirts they wear.)

Welcome to the Walt Disney World Resort!

All year long, we're letting you show off your "Disney side" (this line will change depending on what the year's promotional campaign will be).

You know, there's a whole lot to do here.

Especially with new stuff to do in all five theme parks.

So, you're probably wondering "what to do first?"

How about watch this show, and see how to make the most of all the Walt Disney World fun. So stay tuned...

And keep watching for us. We've got some tips to make every day of your vacation a "zip-a-dee-doo-dah" day!

(From here, we fade into a small bumper where the words "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day" are spelled in different letters. They look like this...
mVke2k.jpg
But then, the "I" in "Zip" morphs into the Earful Tower, leading into a segment on Disney's Hollywoodland.)

Lights...camera...action! Welcome to all the glamour and glitz of show business: Disney's Hollywoodland! From the moment you set foot on Hollywood Boulevard, you're a star!

(A brief montage of clips of the Tower of Terror, Beauty and the Beast, Star Tours and the Golden Mickeys, ending with Mickey greeting kids in front of the Chinese Theatre.)

Step right up to one of the craziest midways of them all on Toy Story Mania!, a fun-filled 3D ride where you can join your Toy Story friends as you use your joystick to throw pies, darts and rings and rack up points! Toy Story Mania is part of the newly expanded Pixar Place, where you can step into the worlds of some of your favorite Pixar films, like Up, The Incredibles, Monsters, Inc. and Ratatouille.

Get ready for a free-falling adventure that'll send you into a new dimension of fear in The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. You will fear every drop! Blast off on a rocket ship that goes from 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds flat! You'll go upside-down and inside-out on a hunt for aliens through the 8g turns on the all-new War of the Worlds!

Then, blast off into a galaxy far, far away on a runaway collision course on Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. You can follow that up by hopping onboard an X-Fighter and joining the Rebel Alliance to destroy the Death Star on Star Wars: Flight of the Force. You may even find yourself part of the action when things start to get a little bumpy on Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

Treat yourself to an unforgettable performance at the Walt Disney Theatre, where every day, a different Disney classic is brought to life on stage. Then, get a front-row seat, because you've got a VIP pass to our very own awards ceremony: The Golden Mickeys!

Set off on a classic comedy caper along with Kermit and Miss Piggy at Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3D. Sing along with your friends fromMickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins and Jake and the Never Land Pirates at Disney Junior--Live on Stage!

And when night falls, witness the ultimate showdown of good versus evil as the greatest Disney villains take on one very brave mouse in a battle of fire, music, magic and light: Fantasmic!

Fantasmic! fills up fast, so it's always a good idea to arrive at least an hour early. Just check your Times Guide for show times!

Spend a day at Disney's Hollywoodland, the only place you'll find all the excitement of show business and all the magic of Disney!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that's where we'll stop for now. In the next post, we'll explore Disney's Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom. See ya then!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Walt Disney World Tour
continued

This part starts at the 4:04 mark.

(After the Disney's Hollywoodland segment, we once again come across the letters. But this time, they're a little mixed up...

mhMgG7.jpg
After they get straightened out, the screen fades into the next segment.)

Beneath the branches of an enchanted tree is a world of whimsy where imagination runs free: Disney's Animal Kingdom. Welcome to a living storybook filled with fantastic creatures, amazing adventures, incredible encounters and moments you'll cherish forever.

Every morning, just before opening, Disney's Animal Kingdom hosts The Adventure Begins, a celebration filled with all your favorite Disney characters. Oh, be sure to arrive at least 15 minutes early to get a good spot.

Disney's Animal Kingdom is many things to many creatures, but it is definitely nahtazu (for those of you who don't remember, that was their slogan at the time, and if you don't get it, just sound it out.) The Tree of Life is full of surprises inside and out. Outside, its trunk is cloaked with a tapestry of over 300 hand-carved animal images. But inside, you can experience the many lands animals call home, from earth to sea to sky inEarth.

In the afternoon, paths and trails all around come alive with music and laughter during Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade.

Step around the bend and enter the world of Pandora, home of the Na'vi. Here, you can take a boat ride on a journey to see the native animals of the planet and take flight aboard the back of a Banshee.

Then, set off for Harambe, an Eastern African coastal village, the hop-on point for Kilimanjaro Safaris. On safari, you'll trek across 110 acres of African savanna, surrounded by real freely-roaming wildlife. But beware--the poachers are nearby! Then, join Simba, Timon and all their fuzzy friends for a fun-filled magical musical celebration at the Festival of the Lion King! Just beyond Harambe stands Mystic River Mountain, a bizzare boat trip through a supposedly cursed jungle.

Asia boats another mountain, where an age-old legend comes to life in Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain. Take a spin through South America on the Amazon River Adventure, where white waters and twisting currents always make a big splash! Right nearby, cure your fear of bugs in the hilarious 3D spectacular It's Tough to Be a Bug!

Dive into the Great Barrier Reef and come "sea" Finding Nemo--The Musical, a live stage show re-telling the heartwarming tale of Nemo, Marlin and Dory. Prepare for a prehistoric thrill unlike anything you've ever imagined as you blast back in time to face flaming meteors and hungry predators on Countdown to Extinction! Finally, at night, watch as the Discovery River comes alive to weave nature's tale on the Rivers of Light.

This is Disney's Animal Kingdom, where every day is an unforgettable journey into stories you've only dreamed of. Come--let your imagination roam free!

(What follows is the first of quite a few of the fondly-remembered "Tip for Today" segments. From there, we see another theme park segment.)

Make a wish...you're about to enter a world of dreams-come-true where elephants fly, teacups dance and lifelong friends are made every day: the Magic Kingdom.

Welcome to a world of fantasy with seven magical lands of timeless fun. Enter Tomorrowland, a world of the future that never was. Rocket through the galaxy on Space Mountain, one of five Magic Kingdom mountains. Then, take command of your own Star Cruiser on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, enter the Encom computer system on the TRON Lightcycle Power Run and take a journey that's sure to put you on Cloud 9 onboard If You Had Wings.

Across the park in Frontierland, plunge five slippery stories into Brer Rabbit's briar patch on Splash Mountain, then hang on for a runaway ride on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. At the farthest edge of the Rivers of America, you can take the Western River Expedition to the Wild West. Just watch out for the Thunderbird!

In Adventureland, take a voyage with the rowdiest buccaneers that ever sacked the Spanish Main on Pirates of the Caribbean, then become part of the Circle of Life at Legend of the Lion King. Become part of an exhilarating adventure inside Mt. Prometheus past crystal caverns, rivers of lava and even a fire monster on Journey to the Center of the Earth! Right beside Liberty Square, 999 ghoulish ghosts await your visit to The Haunted Mansion.

Anytime you feel like a hug from Mickey, you'll find him backstage at Storybook Circus in Fantasyland. He's there all day long!

In Fantasyland, children of all ages fly, ride and gallop through classic Disney tales. You can explore the Beast's castle, fly to Never Land with Peter Pan, soar to new heights of imagination with Dumbo, see the world through a child's eyes, journey under the sea with Ariel, bounce, float and laugh through the 100 Acre Wood and explore the Seven Dwarfs' diamond mine. Plus, you can even enter the realm of Disney villains on Bald Mountain, if you dare!

Magic Kingdom afternoons bring their own special enchantment. Every day, watch as classic Disney stories come to life during Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade. On special nights, all eyes light up, from the smallest children to the grandparents who think they've seen it all. The streets are filled with smiles and laughter as the incredible SpectroMagic sparkles its way into your heart. Every night, look high above Cinderella Castle for the dazzling display that is Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams.

The Magic Kingdom--where happily ever after happens every day.
With that, we'll stop for now. In the next post, we'll explore EPCOT Center and Mythica. See ya then!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom