A Whole New World...Revisited

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Now then, let's move on to the next land.

Asia
disney-animal-kingdom-asia.jpg

Continuing on, we will arrive in Asia, one of the largest sections of the park. From Africa, a pathway leads through the jungles at the northern section of Discovery Lake, leading into Asia. From here, guests will trek through the jungles and villages of Asia, to explore and discover the wonder and mystery that are yet to be seen. Guests enter into the village of Anandapur, located at the base and foothills of the Himalayan Mountains. The entire land is heavily inspired from Nepal, India and Thailand, using their influences to inspire a real-life experience of Asia.

Before entering into the village of Anandapur, guests will come across the Caravan Stage, which serves as the entry location to Flights of Wonder, a live show which features Cast Members showcasing a display of different types of live birds. The caravan has stopped in the middle of the jungles of Asia. This small get away is a welcoming diversion from out trek in-between Africa and Asia. The travelers along the caravan have laid out some carpets and rugs, to add some much needed color amidst the earth-toned architecture. The style for the Flights of Wonder stage's architecture was inspired from real life photos taken from the Tibetan border and northern India.

flights-of-wonder-00.jpg
Continuing up the edge past the Caravan Stage, guests will enter into the central city of Anandapur, where guests can discover the wonderful sights that are yet to be held in Asia. On the immediate left, guests will find Yak and Yeti, a restaurant that operates as a table service restaurant, while also having a separate quick-service location, as well. Yak and Yeti specializes in Asian Fusion cuisine. Just outside of the restaurant, in the Anandapur Plaza, guests will find the Yak and Yeti shopping units, which offers a wide variety of Asia-inspired merchandise, such as sushi plates and tea pots.

Now, don't kill me here, but I plan to get rid of Kali River Rapids. Why? Because it blocks access to the largest expansion plot that Animal Kingdom has to grow. In addition, Kali River Rapids is a tremendously scaled down version of another attraction, known as Tiger River Rapids, which would have been much longer and incorporated live animals. But fear not--a new type of river rapid ride will come to a new area of the park (more on that later).

Continuing towards the back end of the Anandapur village, guests will come across three of Asia's attractions at the northernmost end of Asia. On the left, guests will find the Maharajah Jungle Trek, a walking tour, taking guests far outside of the village of Anandapur and to the ruins of a former sultan's palace. The walls have crumbled and broken, due to years and years of exposure to the weather. There are small towers and structures that have been clotted out by trees growing from within the the former palace. This attraction is very similar to that of the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, where guests experience real life animal exhibits, just feet away. Tigers make up a large part of the Maharajah Jungle Trek, being seen from three different locations, while traveling through the ruined palace chambers. Guests continue walking through the trek, discovering different types of reptiles, gazelles and coloful birds. The trail takes guests through pathways of gushing waterfalls and lush greenery, before taking them back to the village of Anandapur.

Here's where things will get interesting: I plan to add a second trail to highlight even more of the continent’s exotic wildlife. This new trail would feature animals such as Asian elephants, clouded leopards, orangutans, red pandas, sloth bears, and Indian rhinos. This new walking trail would actually utilize parts of the existing Kali River Rapids queue, which is extremely well themed and very detailed. Here Guests make their way through several themed temples, passing by ancient, decaying statues, shrines, overgrown ruins and lush landscapes.

IndianElephant.jpg

230px-Indian_Rhino_Image.jpg

orangutan.jpg
The main draw of this new trail, however, would be a massive giant panda exhibit. The giant panda is one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable animals and yet they can only be found at a handful of locations in the United States. Having giant pandas at Animal Kingdom would be a huge draw for the park.
GiantPanda
Next, a new addition to Asia will be found: The Jungle Book Adventure. This addition was placed into Asia because The Jungle Book is one of these films that would perfectly fit into the theme park, alongside with The Lion King and Tarzan, and after the renovation, it would be the only one of these films to not be included in the park. I originally intended to call the ride "Journey into the Jungle Book", but given the show that shares its name is now part of the seven rotating shows at the Walt Disney Theater, I decided not to, out of confusion. What I'm most excited about this ride is that I plan to give this ride a new type of trackless ride system.

When you look at current trackless rides, the main point is just to see that the vehicles in front of you follow a different path that you take. To emulate this in a suspended ride, where you obviously must be supported by a physical track, this ride will have 3 different tracks that load in a straight line, but separate and pass through the scenes along different paths. The paths will not cross, that would be exceptionally complicated. In load and unload the 3 tracks follow parallel close to each other, with just enough room for the mechanism to sit over the track and hang the vehicle. The vehicles for each of the tracks are different so that the seating compartments line up in load and unload, meaning that the left vehicle cantilevers right under the track and the right vehicle cantilevers left. As far as I know, this system does not exist currently. I quickly drew a example track layout, but it is just lines, so no defined show scenes. Each of the 3 tracks are within an inch of 1046'.

I propose the attraction could be built nearby Flights of Wonder as there is plenty of open space there. This, of course, would expand out Anandapur, but the movie’s locale fits easily into this faux Indian setting. The facade of the building is a crumbling stone temple, like the temple of King Louie. Before you actually get into the attraction, a side path would lead to meet and greets with the characters from the movie, particularly Mowgli, Baloo and King Louie. Plus, I've heard that when the Journey into the Jungle Book show was here, you would often have King Louie’s monkeys causing mischief along the path to Discovery Island, trying to entice guests to go see the show. I would bring those monkeys back for meet and greets and general mayhem. They would be an awful lot of fun. Maybe there could be a rare sighting of Colonel Hathi, as well...or maybe even Shanti (that would be incredible).

maxresdefault-1024x576.jpg

Colonel_Hathi_DLP.jpg

ak139.jpg
The queue path takes us over the stream and into a cave to the left of the temple. In this cave, you'll find out that the queue actually doubles as an animal exhibit! Amongst the ruins that are being reclaimed by the jungle, I would put in exhibits for smaller, but no less important, critters of the Asian rain forest.As the ruins are being overgrown, little things like lizards, snakes and spiders would be moving in.

Some examples would include the green snake and the red tailed rat snake. Both of these reptiles are fairly commonly found in zoos and make great exhibits. A good creepy animal would be a hunstman’s spider. Many kinds of these spiders live in Asia. They are huge and hairy and looking at them makes your skin crawl. Perhaps there could be a submerged section of the ruins that is now home to the unusual snake-necked turtle. And I wouldn’t leave mammals out, either. Prevost squirrels do well in captivity, are fun to watch and, with their bizarre color pattern (mahogany fur on the belly and black and white up top), they make fun zoo animals.

We exit back out into the jungle, now inside the show building. We approach load, where we see a line of hanging vehicles, looking like carved tree trunks, hanging by vines from the canopy above. The vehicle seats 2 per row with 2 rows. This system's biggest issues is the access to the maintenance bay since it cannot just split and pass directly into a backstage area. After some thought, I decided that the best decision would be that at some point in the path, each track has a split that gently descends down to the basement, passes underneath the scenes of the attraction, and rises again in the maintenance building to the east of the show building. I also considered track splits into small bays that contain a track elevator, moving the vehicle down to the basement, but that would radically slow the process of moving vehicles.

Of course, the ride takes you through the story of The Jungle Book. Beginning right off quick with the wolves and the pack leader talking about Mowgli and Shere Khan, who hates men. The story (and the ride) then moves quickly to introducing Bagheera and then the Dawn Patrol. For this scene, I really want to have the cars vibrate, as if they're being shaken by the thunderous footsteps of the elephants. Leaving the elephants behind, we meet Baloo who does an awesome audio animatronic version of "The Bare Necessities.”

Of course, the plot turns to the monkeys. On this attraction, you will have animatronic monkeys on both sides of you as well as above you with one coming awfully close to the top of your head all the while mocking Baloo and stealing his man cub. At this point, the ride takes you to King Louie himself singing “I Wanna Be Like You.” I envision this scene to be big and wide open, not unlike the Under the Sea part of the Little Mermaid dark ride. The end of this part of the scene would have the stone pillars coming close to crumbling and falling around you. Mowgli, of course, runs away again, and we meet Kaa dangling over the river looking at you with his hypnotic eyes.

We finally meet Shere Khan and the vultures. There's a great big climax scene, where Mowgli, Baloo, Bagheera and the vultures all fight off Shere Khan. A neat fire effect would come into play. The boat ride then ends with Bagheera and Baloo watching as Mowgli and Shanti go off into the man-village. The exit to the attraction would be a replica of the man village (and since this is Disney this would likely be a gift shop--the Bare Necessities gift shop, if you will).

From here, guests then walk back south through the Anandapur Plaza, walking to the right, past a closed off temple, where monkeys are frequently spotted, swinging from the temple structures overhead. The path then curves to the left, leading alongside the Discovery Lake on the right. From here, Mount Everest begins to loom just overhead. Along the lake, a special temple had been built by the people of Anandapur, a possible shrine to show respect to the forboding creatures of the region. The trail also features telescopes that helps guests receive a closer look at Mount Everest. The path then leads through a dense jungle, featuring small buildings offering some appetizer specials.

7563300560_2552f1115b_z.jpg
Guests then enter into the opposite side of Asia, featuring one of Disney's Animal Kingdom most prolific attractions, one of the most visually striking attractions in any of the Disney theme parks, Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain. The mountain completes the skyline of Disney's Animal Kingdom, while also completely fitting into its' surroundings. The legend of a Yeti is one of the many folklore tales that travels through Nepal and India. These people believe that the Yeti is a real creature, capable of great destruction and terror.

Guests board old tea trains, as they set up to scale Mount Everest. However, the sacred ground of Mount Everest is closely guarded by the watch of the Yeti. Our expedition may not be as simple as our tour guide would have us believe. Upon reaching the apex of the mountain, we find that the Yeti has torn the track apart, leaving the train to reverse through the cavernous chambers of the mountain, before taking a terryfying drop and coming face to face with the fierce Yeti, themselves. This attraction will receive an extensive refurbishment to complete several adjustments to the attraction, such as adding in a heavy mist and chill to the peak of the mountain range, to add some interior rocky work to the caverns and to most importantly, fix the Yeti at the conclusion of the attraction. The attraction will be closed for an extended period of time to ensure that the attraction re-opens in top quality. The attraction exits out into the Serka Zong Bazaar, a merchandise location specializing in Expedition Everest merchandise.

Asia
1) Flights of Wonder
2) Maharajah Jungle Trek
3) The Jungle Book Adventure
4) Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain

Shopping
A) Yak and Yeti
B) Bare Necessities
C) Serka Zong Bazaar

Dining
A) Yak and Yeti

In the next post, we'll explore the new land I told you about. See ya then!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Here's that new land I was telling you about...

South America
rainforestflowers4.jpg
Throughout the course of our journey through Disney's Animal Kingdom, we've visited Africa and Asia, and we will soon visit Australia's Great Barrier Reef, but there's one more area of the world that I'd like to take you too: South America.

Guests enter South America from one of two points: from Rafiki's Planet Watch and from Asia. The lush tropical rainforests of South America lend themselves perfectly to creating a highly immersive land. Guests walk through a dense jungle environment, filled with exotic flowers and plant life, past waterfalls and rivers. They also encounter a wide variety of animals, such as two-toed sloths, giant anteaters, spider monkeys, golden lion tamarins, toucans, macaws, and jaguars.

Jaguar.jpg

Tamarin.jpg

Toucan.gif
The rainforest is also home to the Amazon Rainforest Trail. This trail features the exhibits of some of the aforementioned animals, as well as howler monkeys, capybaras, owls, llamas, sloths and tree frogs.
female-red-eyed-tree-frog-tree-frogs-11755689-600-426.jpg

south_america_llama.jpg

5404.jpg

PICT0125.jpg
After winding their way through the trails of the rainforest, guests encounter a riverside village made up of a series of thatch-roofed buildings.
Amazon%2BVillage.jpg
Here, students from a local university have set-up camp to study the creatures and plant life of the rainforest as well as the negative effects of the logging companies that have been chopping down trees at an alarming rate. Thus the message of conservation is very strongly tied with the attractions in this area.

This village is the embarkation point for two attractions, both of which emphasize the natural beauty of the rainforest and the importance of protecting this environment. The first attraction is the Amazon River Adventure, a river rapids attraction that replaces the current Kali River Rapids. This attraction would mark a major upgrade over Kali River Rapids in that not only is it longer and far more immersive, but it also features live animals.

The back story for the attraction is that students from the local university have prepared a river rafting expedition to study a few of the more remote parts of the rainforest and have invited you along. The first half of the ride is very calm. As the raft passes through the dense jungle, Guests encounter other small fishing villages and a wide variety of birds, monkeys, and other exotic animals.

Guests then come upon the devastation of a logging camp, where hundreds of trees have been either chopped or burned to the ground. This scene presents a marked contrast to the natural beauty earlier in the ride.

Rainforest%2BDestruction.png
From here the ride takes a tumultuous turn as the raft picks up speed and Guests encounter a series of violent rapids as they race past waterfalls, get spun around in whirlpools, and narrowly escape an attack by a school of piranhas before returning back to the village. The attraction would thus offer far more in the way of thrills than the current Kali River Rapids.

The second attraction is Rainforest Race, a suspended roller coaster that makes you feel as though you were zip-lining through the canopy of the rainforest. The coaster would not be heavy on thrills in terms of loops or drops, but riders would whip narrowly around trees, through caves, and past water falls. The experience would be more of a family coaster, along the lines of a Big Thunder Mountain in terms of thrills. Believe it or not, a rollercoaster similar to this was actually planned for EPCOT Center at one point and would have been a part of a completely re-imagined Land pavilion. I think this new South America section of Animal Kingdom would be the perfect home for it.
If all this exploring has made you hungry, you can get something down at the Base Camp Grill. The Base Camp Grill serves up a variety of barbecue-style dishes. They've improved their menu over the years, and there are some tasty and satisfying items on the menu. I particularly like some of the interesting side dishes they offer. As a bonus, the food is healthy.

yucatan_base_camp_grill_tokyo_disneysea.jpg
Off to the side of the village, a mysterious path leads to another settlement. This settlement is the base site for the members of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers. Although many of these bases are temporary, there's one adventurer who's always here: Lord Henry Mystic.

Lord Mystic is a famed adventurer who always goes on excursions with his monkey, Albert, and always comes back with a bevy of artifacts. One of his latest finds is an enchanted music box, that must only be opened with caution. But ever-curious, Albert opens the box and every single thing in the mansion comes to life! It's up to Albert and you to stop the curse quick, before the house lives up to its name: Mystic Manor.

Mystic-Manor-Hong-Kong-Disneyland-Mystic-Point-Haunted-Mansion.jpeg

Lord Mystic is, unfortunately, often away on new adventures, but you can regularly find his house-sitter--namely, his nephew, James--wandering about the base. Nearby the manor is the S.E.A. Freight Depot. Some of Lord Henry's friends from his travels around the world have come back with him, and have to decided to put on a show for the tourists at the S.E.A. Base!

Right in-between Mystic Manor and the university's village, you'll find the Adventurers Club. You heard me--the Adventurers Club.
disney-adventurers-club-1-12.jpg
This iconic Downtown Disney hotspot has found a new home here. Here, various members of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers--led by club president Pamela Perkins and good ol' Colonel Critchlow Sunchbench--invite new inductees and old friends to join them in their wacky club events. During the day, the door seems to be barred, but at night (yes, this club will retain its operating hours from its days on Pleasure Island)--the place comes alive with the fun and jubilance it did when it was at Downtown Disney. With this open again, it will be the perfect place for guests to "come in a stranger and leave a little stranger". Kungaloosh!

Hey, wait! I think some of the magic from Mystic Manor is affecting the wildlife. And is it just me...or is the grass getting...taller?

South America
1) Amazon Rainforest Trail
2) Amazon River Adventure
3) Rainforest Race
4) Mystic Manor

Dining
1) Base Camp Grill
2) Adventurers Club

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Ant Island
latest
Much like I said before, right in-between the South American village and Mystic Manor, the grass starts to get a bit taller. That's because we have seemingly shrunk to the size of an ant, which is a good thing, because we have just entered Ant Island! Based on the realm of the Pixar film A Bug's Life, this kid-friendly area provides fun for all ages.

Dead center at the back of the land is the giant tree the ants call home. The tree is a common place for Flik, Atta and their bug friends to host meet & greets. Ever since Earth came to the Tree of Life, this tree serves as the new home of It's Tough to Be a Bug!. The show takes place in the very trunk of the tree. Flik, the bug welcomes the guests to a show starring the world's most abundant inhabitants - bugs. He introduces a revue of some of his bug friends, before enemy Hopper leaps onto the scene, unleashing a bit of chaos into the show, when he deems the humans as their enemies. The bugs come together quickly to put on a final performance and hopefully save the show! One part of the tree leads to an area featuring exhibits where you can see termites eating wood, ants digging, and spiders making webs.

Now then, going counter-clockwise, to your left, you'll find a giant umbrella serving as the make-shift tent for P.T. Flea's Circus. But don't expect to see P.T.'s circus show here. Instead, you'll find Tuck 'n' Roll's Drive-Em Buggies. This is a bumper-car ride, where guests can climb inside cars themed to look like those two pesky Hungarian pill bugs, and bump around. Nearby is the P.T. Flea Market, selling merchandise themed to A Bug's Life.

Nearby this giant circus tent, you'll find Francis' Ladybug Boogie. Similar to the Mad Tea Party over at the Magic Kingdom, this ride lets you step inside Francis the ladybug for a spin set to jazz music. Nearby is the Bountiful Harvest, offering healthy foods in a beautiful setting.

Nearby It's Tough to Be a Bug!, you'll find Flik's Flyers. Guests ride in Flik's bug-made contraption fashioned from man-made objects. The vehicles appear to have been fashioned from used food containers and have been stitched together by leaves and twigs to become “balloons” that whirl around a pie plate centerpiece.

042820110147-M.jpg
At the right-hand side of the land, a giant picnic basket marks the entrance to Heimlich's Chew-Chew Train. Guests board a train in the shape of Heimlich, the German-accented caterpillar from the film. Heimlich himself narrates the ride through the speakers on the trains. Heimlich's tendency to overeat is the theme of the ride, as the train appears to eat through oversized portions of human foods: candy corn, animal crackers, carrots, Brussels sprouts and watermelon. Appropriate scents accompany the giant food sets so guests can sniff to attract them. Large bites have been taken out of all the foods, so guests can tell that Heimlich has been there before.

Right nearby is Princess Dot's Puddle Park. The area features an oversized garden hose nozzle that sprays water at guests as well as a giant spigot that spurts water. This area provides the sensation of being a bug among the oversized garden tools.

In-between Heimlich's Chew-Chew Train and the Puddle Park, guest will find a new attraction: Flight of the Bumblebee, which is a new spin on the Dumbo ride. Here, you enter a giant beehive and board one of twenty flying bees. In the place where Timothy Mouse would stand on Dumbo is the “leader bee”. That's where changes come in. Much like One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish at Islands of Adventure, the leader bee gives specific instructions to the bees (and riders) as the ride goes on. And here's the catch: if you succeed in completing an instruction, you can collect “honey” (yellow lights). But if you fail, you get stung (vibrating seat)!

Ant Island
1) It's Tough to Be a Bug!
2) Tuck 'n' Roll's Drive-Em Buggies
3) Francis' Ladybug Boogie
4) Flik's Flyers
5) Heimlich's Chew-Chew Train
6) Princess Dot's Puddle Park
7) Flight of the Bumblebee

Shopping
1) P.T. Flea Market

Dining
1) Bountiful Harvest

MANEATINGWREATH

Your other parks were great...but your remodel of Animal Kingdom is absolutely spectacular. I'm blown away by how perfect it is. Keep it up. I can't wait to see what you have in store for Dinoland. You've literally made a DisneySea out of an already great theme park.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Your other parks were great...but your remodel of Animal Kingdom is absolutely spectacular. I'm blown away by how perfect it is. Keep it up. I can't wait to see what you have in store for Dinoland. You've literally made a DisneySea out of an already great theme park.

Your version of Animal Kingdom is a heck of a lot better than MY version.

Thank you both very, very much!

I'm kinda missing out on new stuff. I don't see many differences compared to the last thread.

You wanna see new stuff, do youse? Well, alrighty then! Here we go!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
North America
635597853976550620-547331216_Yosemite_USA.JPG
The reason I included this new land was because I was inspired to represent all continents of the world (except for Europe, which--no offense to my European friends on the forums--doesn't seem to have any unique animals). So, in that sense, you'll also see lands themed to Australia and Antarctica coming up soon. Now, before I go on, credit for a majority of the ideas for these three lands goes to @TRF.

As you can tell from the picture above, this land is themed around a redwoods national park. Here, you'll find the Redwood Creek Path, the land's animal trail. This trail features some animals that are more familiar to American tourists, but can still be a good chance to learn more about the animal kingdom. Small animals are first on the path with raccoons and beavers in their natural habitats. Next are some of the largest animals of the park, American bison. After that guests pass a small elk habitat before going across a stream that is the habitat for a family of otters. After that is the main animal of the trail, grizzly bears. This will be a very large habitat that is built up into the rockwork of the mountain. This is meant to be the most impressive animal area of the expansion and possibly of the park, taking you right into an authentic national park.

Raccoon-2.jpg

478px-American_Beaver.jpg

American_bison_k5680-1.jpg

Rocky_Mountain_Bull_Elk.jpg

grizzly-bear-harry-bosen-dpc.jpg
The main building of this land is a heavy timber lodge building, which plays host to the Hungry Bear Restaurant. Its name and inspiration comes from the counter service restaurant in Disneyland.
hungry-bear.jpg
Overlooking the edge of the river is the Yellowstone Carousel, basically a covered carousel with North American animals.

On the opposite side of the land, you'll find a building heavily influenced by Native American design. Inside, you can take a boat ride "just around the riverbend" through The Spirit of Pocahontas. This ride takes the concept of "projection mapping" seen at Celebrate the Magic at the Magic Kingdom, but put it into an all-new ride. The concept for this ride comes from the Pure Imagineering blog.

Upon entering the building, we find ourselves transported to London. We are now in the warehouse of the headquarters of the Virginia Company. As we enter the warehouse, the background music loops the bit of “the Virginia Company” with the humming and the drum cadence.

from 0:38 to 0:59.

The lighting inside casts the warehouse in the dull tones of parchment paper. The Musty Lighting is a motif throughout the ride. It represents the Old World, where there's history, by Jove! We weave our way through aisles of cargo: barrels, rifles, sacks of very hard biscuits. There are stacks of assorted maps and contracts. There’s paraphernalia from earlier expeditions to the New World: Aztec headdresses, Iroquois poisoned arrows, Algonquian birch bark scrolls.

At the exit of the warehouse, there’s a display of gold. Statues, pendants, coins, you name it. That’s what awaits us in the New World, my friends!

Then, we come to the loading dock. Not much to say here--it's a dock. The background music swells into the full version of “the Virginia Company.”

The cobblestones of the warehouse floor have been replaced with wooden planks.

We've walked “outside,” but it looks no more vivid out here than in the warehouse. Sure, there’s more light, but it’s still Musty Light, and we're only seeing shades of sepia. We travel in log flumes. Naturally, they're modeled after the Virginia Company's fleet: the Discovery, the Godspeed, and the Susan Constant.

THE%2BSHIPS..jpg
They seat four rows of two, like the flumes in the Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain. It’s more concise than the six rows of one in Disneyland’s Splash Mountain.

The Ride...

The Storm Room,
wherein we cross the Atlantic Ocean.

We embark from the Loading Dock and sail around a corner. Blue sky and drifting white clouds are projected upon the wall ahead of us. The water is calm.

As we round the corner, this all goes to hell. The sky fades ever darker, and the clouds follow suit, until everything is pitch black.

The water churns around our flume, and we bob in the tumult.

The background music swells as our flume drops down a ramp, and into...

The New World Room,
wherein we arrive in the New World.

It’s still pitch black. As we recover from the storm, we see that we’re surrounded by fog, and we can juuust make out clouds drifting in the sky. As we round the corner, the lights come up...

...and it’s a reveal worthy of the Wizard of Oz.

Gone is the Musty Lighting of Europe. Here, the sky is milky purple, and the clouds are goldenrod.

The background music plays the prelude from “Steady as the Beating Drum.”

from 0:01 to 0:21.

What follows is a rather literal translation of the first three shots of this scene.

There are three screens ahead of us. There are two mist screens in the foreground, along the sides of the track. There’s a smoke screen in the background, and it spans the width of the room. We're gonna sail through it.

The layered screens create a sort of live-action multiplane camera, and we are the lens as it zooms in. The coastline of the New World is projected onto the smoke screen. Jutting coastlines are projected onto the mist screens in the foreground. The film pulls back the jutting coastlines, so it looks the channel is widening as we sail through.

After the coastline, there are two more sets of screens.

The shoreline of the New World is projected onto the second set of screens. We pass through them and approach...

...the third set of screens, which show a river in the New World...

...but before we can pass through, we hear the crash of a falling tree! The noise booms so loudly that the river screens dissipate, the film shuts off, and we’re plunged into darkness. As we round the corner, we enter...

The Mine, Mine, Mine Room,
wherein we (over-enthusiastically) probe for gold.

This is the only scene centered around animatronic characters. You can imagine what goes on in here, so I won’t spend a lot of time describing it. The background music plays “Mine, Mine, Mine.” There are ditches and tree stumps all over the place. Our sense of wonder has dwindled a bit, now that we’re demolishing the New World, so we’re back to Musty Lighting.

A row of settlers shovel, a second row of settlers pick, a third row of settlers run with wheel barrels. Ratcliffe stands atop a mound, wielding the Union Jack and cheering the settlers on.

The exit of the room looks like a clearing in the forest. Beside the clearing, there’s a large tree, which two settlers are sawing through. As we approach the clearing, the tree falls directly over our heads...but we make it into the next room just in time. The fallen tree acts as a door behind us, blocking out all light.

The RTC Room,
wherein we learn that Rs and Ts and Cs have lives, spirits, and naaaaaames.

Here begins the ride’s interpretation of the “Colors of the Wind” scene. It’s meant to evoke the emotions of the song. It is not meant to recreate the film, shot-for-shot.

Once the door shuts behind us, the lights come up--and the lights are still Musty. The forest looks unremarkable, like a background without a character in front of it.

In fact, the set of this room is devoid of texture. The rocks have the shape of rocks, but they’re smooth. The trees are shaped like trees, but have no bark. The shrubs are shrub-shaped, but they have no individual leaves. We see their textures because they’re being projected onto the set.

One by one the rocks, trees, shrubs--everything in the scene--illuminates. Then they swap textures: the rocks now have bark, the tree trunks are now columns of leaves, the shrubs are cracked slate. Then they take on pastel colors, swapping each other’s pastel colors, phasing faster and faster until everything in the set is unified in purple. The purple turns into footage of purple butterflies taking flight.

We follow the footage of the purple butterflies as they leave the set and head into...

The Strangers Room,
wherein we are threatened by innocuous critters.

The room is filled with models of what-look-like monsters. They totally look like they’re gonna attack us.We can’t see details of these “monsters,” because there’s a powerful light behind them. The light is aimed directly at us, so they’re just silhouettes. As we pass, the light fades away, revealing that these threatening monsters are actually animals going about their business.

The Blue Corn Room,
wherein we marvel at the wonders of the night sky, and get dizzy.

The room is cylindrical. Its walls feature 360 Vision screens, and its ceiling is a planetarium dome. The track is a turntable.

When our flume enters, the turntable rotates us in a full circle. Colors swirl around the walls, drawing our eyes ever-higher.
 The colors coalesce in the planetarium dome, showing the blue corn moon and constellations, and then swirl back down towards us as we exit into...

The Forest Room,
wherein we run the hidden pine trails of the forest.

There is a traditional screen along the wall in this room. Colors flow swiftly across the screen. There are trees in front of the screen...that is, the silhouettes of trees. They are mounted on a conveyor belt, which runs around the screen.

The trees provide pitch-black contrast to the vivid, warm colors of the film.
They also give us a sense of running through the forest, and traveling much faster than we actually are.​

The Waterfall Room,
wherein we fall down two waterfalls.

This is complicated, so I’m gonna over-describe it.

We fall down two waterfalls: the first is virtual, and the second is real.

Our flume loads onto a turntable. We “fall down” the Virtual Waterfall while the turntable turns us a hundred and thirty-five degrees.

The Virtual Waterfall is inspired by the Anti-Gravity Room in the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. Like the Spidey ride vehicle, our flume tilts, skewering our sense of perspective as we enter a new room. In the new room, we combine the set, physical effects, and film footage to simulate falling down when, in fact, we’re on flat ground.

When the turntable finishes rotating us, we are deposited down the Real Waterfall.

Let’s walk through the experience.

As we load onto the turntable, we can’t see the Virtual Waterfall, because there’s a wall blocking it. As we turn, there’s a cloud of mist, which segues us over to the Virtual Waterfall.

The Virtual Waterfall is a traditional screen, showing first-person perspective footage of falling down into a lake. We do not actually see the waterfall in this footage...just a fall from a cliff into a lake.

The further the turntable turns our boat, the closer the film footage zooms into the lake.

Between our flume and the screen, there are water jets. The water jets are angled at the screen. They create a sheet of water that skewers our sense of perspective, and looks like the waterfall, itself.

WATERFALL%252C%2BVIRTUAL%2BWATERFALL.jpg
At the end of the Virtual Waterfall, water cannons shoot up a burst of water right in front of our boat, indicating that we’ve hit the lake, and are now coming back up to the surface.

Sure enough, we see trees, and rocks, and shoreline...
...and the Real Waterfall, which we fall down.
At the base of the waterfall, we round a corner and enter...

The Sycamore Room,
wherein we return to the Old World with new understanding.

We travel up a spiral ramp. Since we arrived in the New World with a drop, we’ll return to London with an ascent. As we ascend, we hear a choir singing a final verse of "Colors of the Wind".

from 28:28 to 29:41.

Fittingly enough, we enter just as the choir sings "How high does the sycamore grow?" On the wall that the ramp curves around, we see a projection of a sycamore. It starts as a sapling, and it sprouts before our eyes, shooting up ever-higher.

The sycamore grows faster than we’re traveling. Soon it towers above our heads. Pastel designs shimmer on its trunk.

Eventually the tree stops growing. At last we reach an animatronic Pocahontas, standing atop a physical tree branch. Hopefully, the boat will have reached this point by the time the choir gets to "And you'll never hear the wolf cry..."

Pocahontas waves us goodbye, and she becomes pastel.

In fact, life-size footage of a pastelized Pocahontas is projected onto the Pocahontas animatronic. The pastelization emanates from Pocahontas, gradually covering everything: the sycamore, the water, our flume...

...and us.

At some point in the ride, there’s a cleverly concealed camera which gets a shot of us. The picture is put through a pastelizing Photoshop effect and projected, life-size, onto us.

The pastels fade as we surmount the ramp, and the choir finishes the song. and approach the unload dock. We’re back in London, at the Virginia Company’s headquarters. It’s identical to the Loading Dock...except it’s no longer Musty. Everything is vivid.

Lastly, inside the great lodge of the national park, guests board a jeep for an adventurous trip through the park on-board Big Grizzly Jeep Trek. Passing through active hot springs, rock slides, and encounters with the animal inhabitants of the park, the jeeps eventually make it back safely to the lodge.

North America
1) Redwood Creek Trail
2) Yellowstone Carousel
3) The Spirit of Pocahontas
4) Big Grizzly Jeep Trek

Dining
1) Hungry Bear Restaurant

Twilight_Roxas

I thought of a concept for Fantasmic incase of a holiday edition, and Frozen summer event. You don't have to use it since it's your idea, but I could still tell you about it.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
I thought of a concept for Fantasmic incase of a holiday edition, and Frozen summer event. You don't have to use it since it's your idea, but I could still tell you about it.

To tell you the truth, my friend, I actually do have plans for a Christmas edition--as well as a Halloween edition--of Fantasmic, sort of like what was proposed in the Disneyland Australia thread. So, with that said, I'd love to hear about your concept.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Australia
Outback1.jpg
Out of all the new lands (with the exception of Ant Island), Australia is the smallest. Despite the size, the land still highlights some of the continent’s more unique animals as well as its Aboriginal culture and traditions. This land is themed around the majestic Australian Outback.
Outback2.jpg
At the entrance to the land, there are 2 medium sized hot air balloons, acting as the draw further north into the park and playing into the main attraction for the land, Outback Balloon Tours (again, all credit for this ride goes to @TRF).
balloons-3486.jpg
It is somewhat like Soarin' but based around hot air balloon travel and with a completely unique ride and projection systems. The entrance is in a small shed, which is the tour office, in the shadow of the hot air balloons. The queue goes down a ramp, joining up with the main showbuilding. The building is about 65’ tall, so is themed with heavy rockwork and dense vegetation to attempt to hide it. There are 3 simulator rooms, with one serving fastpass and two serving standby. After the main queue area, guests are distributed to 1 of 6 rows in the preshow area for each simulator, which is underneath the projection sphere. The rows then are loaded into the main room, where there is a large hot air balloon basket, with a glipse of the balloon above.

The vehicle is a very large, 3 row circular platform, with stair access on either side. As you can see in the section of the building, the vehicle loads below the projection sphere, which means we are also below ground level, and then rises up into show position when the ride begins. The base of the vehicle rises like an elevator up the central shaft, aided by steel cables running through winches at the top of the building. The actual floor of the vehicle, which is attached to the section of fake balloon above, sits above this rising base with a minor motion base, which simulates some minor pitch and roll of the balloon. The projection screen is a 73’ diameter sphere that is 54’ tall. Right above the position of the ride vehicle, there is a rigging ring, where all the projectors required to create this sphere are housed.
balloon+simulator2.0-01.png

After loading the vehicle, the lights dim and the vehicle begins to rise up into the dome. The dome shows us rising up over the Australian outback, other balloons rising around us. The segments are connected much like Soarin, with quick transitions. First we fly over the outback, including a flight over a pack of kangaroos. We visit Ayers rock, and then head out over the ocean to the Great Barrier Reef. Last we head into Sydney at night, with great views out to the Opera House. Each of the scenes features animals of the habitat in some way, so that the themes of Animal Kingdom are preserved. The vehicle then lowers back to the loading/unloading area, and guests exit out a hallway to an exit room with a ramp back up to ground level. The path from there exits the cave and passes by a gift shop building.

The animal trail for Australia--the Aussie Adventure Trails--is relatively small since there are only a few animals to feature. The animals located here include emus, platypus, dingoes, kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, Tasmanian devils, and koalas.

kangaroo.jpg

tasmanian-devil.jpg

koala.jpg
Near the hot air balloons and entrance to Outback Balloon Tours is the Woolloomooloo Fine Food stand, selling various Australian delicacies.

Australia
1) Outback Balloon Tours
2) Aussie Adventure Trails

Shopping
1) Australian Gift Shop

Dining
1) Woolloomooloo Fine Food

Twilight_Roxas

Well during the imagination part the flowers are replace by the frost fairies from Fantasia, the bubble montage replace with snow flakes with Holiday moments, and Monstro segment gets replace with well Let It Go to be like Elsa's blizzard spirals out of control using the new animation of Mickey from Tokyo Disneysea's Fantasmic being dragged by the blizzard, and with the princess segment in the mist screens one of the Disney princesses is replace with Anna & Kristoff. Plus Jack Skellington, Sally appear in the finale during Halloween & Christmas, and Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff appears in the finale during the holidays, and Frozen Summer.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Polar Oceans
LSC-01-CM013-012-Mts-w-water-1024x568.jpg

Polar animals are always some of the most popular animals at many zoos and aquariums. Penguins, otters, and polar bears are animals I always wanted to see in the park, so this would serve as an amazing way to include polar animals into the Animal Kingdom experience. (Once again, all credit goes to the amazing @TRF)

The entirely indoor land is accessed by a new bridge over the small river separating Everest from the Theater in the Wild (the home of Finding Nemo: The Musical). The entrance is a polar ice cave, blending with the rockwork of Everest next door. Inside, the rock work opens up to a large indoor atrium, which simulates an arctic night sky. This clearing contains seating area for the Ice Cave Cafe counter service location, which serves fish and chicken. The very center of the cleaning holds a medium sized rockwork form, which disguises projectors which display the Aurora Borealis on the ceiling above.

Tm70k2m.jpg

The Polar Caves Path is accessed through another ice cave off of the main clearing. The animal path passes an arctic fox habitat, a seal habitat, a large penguin habitat, and then the main room, the polar bear habitat which includes windows that look underwater. The path will exit back into the atrium.
Arctic-Fox-1.jpeg

latest

Penguin_habitat_feature-623x200.jpg

00473-10104_0.jpg
At the far back of the land, you'll find the entrance to the Polar Journey attraction. The queue goes through more ice caves before reaching one of 2 load platforms. One serves fastpass while the other serves the standby queue. The vehicle is a sled with 4 seats in one row, very similar to the vehicles from Primeval Whirl, except quite a bit less uncomfortable and more padded. The two loading tracks merge and enter the darkride portion of the ride. We are introduced to a polar bear family before seeing the baby polar bear wander away. These scenes would be primarily animatronic based, with a little projection. After a few more scenes, the track splits again to enter the coaster section. The coaster is very low thrill, with the main point just to simulate the sled slipping and sliding on the ice. The track takes the sled through small hills and turns as we follow the polar bear sliding through the ice caves, seen in projections that we quickly pass. Eventually they are reunited and we pull back into the unloading area. The exit then leads to a small gift shop on either side.

Polar Oceans
1) Polar Caves Path
2) Polar Journey

Shopping
1) Polar Oceans Shops

Dining
1) Ice Cave Cafe

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
So what do you think of it Disneymanone? Even if it has Frozen in the holiday version of Fantasmic.

I think it looks pretty good! And I don't mind if Frozen's in the holiday version; that was part of the original Disneyland Australia thread idea from the get-go.

Dang, you're really going all out with Disney's Animal Kingdom. Can't wait to see you take on Dinoland U.S.A.!

Well, we've still got one more land to see before we get there....
Exiting out of the eastern edge of Asia, just past Expedition Everest and the Polar Oceans area, guests will walk a wooden bridge, hovering just over Discovery Lake. The outer edges of the lake are surrounded by thick sprays of lush trees. The bridge reaches its' opposing end, leading into the next land.
The Great Barrier Reef

This land is a very small land, the smallest in the park, it would probably even be smaller than Camp Minnie-Mickey if it were to still exist in the park. Though it is small, it is also holding a place in the park to put Finding Nemo - The Musical, as it has been sort of just in the park for the past couple of years without having any thematical attachment to anything. The land will also serve well to introduce animals from the ocean into the park, as the current version of the park does not. This way, the park will fully feature animals from the ocean, sea and sky. I also don't want to introduce too much of the ocean into the park, as it would take a lot away from The Living Seas over at EPCOT Center, so I think just a small area would be nice. So, again, while the area might be small, it is still a needed area for the theme park.

However, rather than being out in the open, this sub-land would take a page out of the book of Tokyo DisneySea. Here they have an area of the park known as Mermaid Lagoon, themed after The Little Mermaid, which is located entirely inside in order to give the illusion that you are under the sea.

Mermaid%2BLagoon1.jpg

Mermaid%2BLagoon2.jpg
Guests would be totally immersed in the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef as seen in the movie as they walk amongst larger-than-life coral.
Nemo%2BReef.jpg
As soon as guest enter into the land, on the left-hand side of the pathway, they will come across the Theater of the Sea (a re-named Theater in the Wild), hosting Finding Nemo: The Musical, a musical stage adaption of the Disney/Pixar film. the innovative production, filled with puppetry and lighting effects. The show is lush with large sets and an entire ensemble of characters, utilizing puppetry to portray the memorable characters from Finding Nemo.

The show exits out into the opposite side of the area. By the exit of the theater, guests will find the Seashore Shop.

The rest of the area wouldn't feature much, but would provide enough for children. Taking inspiration from Tokyo Disney Sea this area features Jumping Jellyfish, a version of the classic parachute attraction. There's also Bloat's Blowfish Balloon Race, a gondola-style spinner attraction.

Blowfish%2BBalloon%2BRace.jpg
Also for the kids, you'll find The Whirlpool, a variation of the teacups at the Magic Kingdom. The area also features Nemo's Playground, offering kids a chance to blow off some steam.

While these attractions may not be anything special, it is the highly immersive theming and detail of the area that serves as the main draw. The headliner attraction of this area, however, is Crush’s Coaster. This attraction is one of the most popular at the Disney Studios in Paris and would provide some mild thrills along the lines of the current Primeval Whirl. Guests ride in a turtle shell through elaborate show scenes depicting different events from the movie before going on a high-speed spin through the EAC where the turtle shell itself starts to spin as it moves along the track. The attraction is very much like a more thrilling and more highly detailed version of the Seas with Nemo and Friends attraction currently at Epcot.

Off to the side of this indoor cove, guests will find another area. The area is a circular cove, surrounded by think rocky moss formations and coral. The entire area seems like an aquatic grove with a rocky sand sketched floor bottom.

Upon entering the great mossy rock, guests will enter into the Undersea Life Exhibits, a great aquarium featuring numerous animals, schools of numerous different types of fish, sharks and stingrays, all of them finding a home here. Cast Members located throughout the great exhibit grounds offer more information on the animals found within.

The Great Barrier Reef
1) Finding Nemo: The Musical
2) Jumping Jellyfish
3) Bloat's Blowfish Balloon Race
4) The Whirlpool
5) Nemo's Playground
6) Crush's Coaster
7) Undersea Life Exhibits

Shopping
A) Seashore Shop

orlando678-

Would it be an idea to make Australia and Great Barrier Reef one land. Great Barrier Reef already belongs to Australia actually and it would make more sense. Just see it as what Disney did with Mermaid lagoon. There must be a way to hide the indoor area of Nemo with Australian cliffs and a few caves as entrances. Great ideas for the land though!

Twilight_Roxas

This is the version that plays in the holiday Fantasmic!. It's missing the first half with the music that has Olaf talking about Elsa but ignore the Olaf parts. The last parts with Olaf speaking is where Mickey is shown.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Would it be an idea to make Australia and Great Barrier Reef one land. Great Barrier Reef already belongs to Australia actually and it would make more sense. Just see it as what Disney did with Mermaid lagoon. There must be a way to hide the indoor area of Nemo with Australian cliffs and a few caves as entrances. Great ideas for the land though!

Great idea, but the reason I split those two areas up was because I didn't know how much space there was going to be in the park expansion.
Continuing on from the Great Barrier Reef, we enter into the final land of Disney's Animal Kingdom...

The Dino Institute
Disney%20Fonts%20091.jpg

As we all know, the main problem with Dinoland U.S.A. in its' current formation is that the vast majority of the the land is a theme park within a theme park. It is not like Disney has never done this before, what with Paradise Pier being in DCA, but Paradise Pier actually works. It has gotten better over the years, with the additions of Little Mermaid, Toy Story Mania and World of Color and they actually fully committed to the idea of having a romanticized boardwalk area. However, over at DAK, they sort of dropped a bomb here. They went with like a Flintstones Bedrock theme, which just doesn't match up with the Dinosaur attraction. Plus, the land takes up so much space by adding in the midway carnival games in the middle, which doesn't really make much sense being in a Dinosaur themed land. The renovation of the entire land will see the complete removal of Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama, including all of the midway games, TriceraTop Spin and Primeval Whirl.

Also, something to address is that, when guests enter into The Dino Institute, they are still in the current day real-world, they are not entering into the world of the Dinosaurs, as that simply interferes with the storyline of the Dinosaur attraction, where guests have to go back in time. The entire land has to take place in the real world in order for it to consistently make sense. With that said, the entire land will heavily use the theme of time travel, to go back to a time when the Dinosaurs did exist.

While dinosaurs may be extinct, they still play a major part in the story of Disney's Animal Kingdom. The Dino Institute displays the beliefs and attitudes about dinosaurs that we have come to believe for all of the world to see. The Dino Institute "theme" from the Dinosaur attraction has been expanded to fit the entire land in two distinct areas: the Institute itself and the excavation site.

The excavation site, the first area guests enter in this land, has the look and feel of a working paleontological dig. Entering the site, guests will come across The Boneyard on the left side of the path. The Boneyard is a dinosaur dig site and playground, welcoming guests to enter into the perimeters of the boneyard. The area would become far more detailed and immersive than its current state with a tremendous amount of rockwork meant to resemble the Black Hills of South Dakota.

Black%2BHills.jpg
Continuing into the area where Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama use to exist, there is now a new attraction: The Excavator.
Excavator.jpg
The Excavator would have fit in perfectly with the backstory of Dinoland. For those of you that don’t know the tale, Dinoland started out as the site of a sand and gravel company. One day, as workers were digging up sand to load into a waiting dump truck, they uncovered a massive dinosaur bone. Scientists were then called to the scene and discovered that, just below the surface, was the paleontological find of the century. A wealthy benefactor for a local college immediately swooped in and bought up the sand and gravel pit.

That same wealthy benefactor became obsessed with why it was that so many perfectly preserved dinosaur skeletons could be found in this one spot. The only way to solve this particular mystery was to travel back in time and then attempt to observe whatever it was that actually caused this massive dinosaur extinction. The wealthy benefactor thus poured billions into the creation of the Dino Institute, whose research resulted in the invention of the Time Rover.

In this original backstory, the Excavator was supposed to be a piece of equipment which was left over from the site's sand and gravel pit days, a series of ore cars that had once been used to haul materials up out of the heart of this pit to the area where the dump trucks got loaded up. Over time, due to over-digging and as the sand in the pit began to shift, the Excavator became unsafe to operate. The sand and gravel company then shut down the ore cars and the Excavator stood empty and abandoned for a few years, becoming even more rickety and unsafe.

Then, when the wealthy benefactor bought the sand and gravel pit, he sent in groups of college students to work on the site. These college students then decided to put this old and unsafe piece of mining equipment back to work again, allowing them to use the old, rusty ore cars to haul some of the larger dinosaur bones that they've discovered.

As guests move through the queue for this attraction towards the load area, they walk past dozens of "Condemned" signs in addition to all sorts of safety barriers that the sand and gravel pit's workmen had set up that the college students have recently pulled down. The ride itself is a wooden roller coaster that takes guests past antiquated pieces of mining equipment, dodging around massive dinosaur bones and fossils, and careening through unstable mine shafts that could collapse at any moment. This wild and crazy ride is similar to the experience of Big Thunder Mountain but “plussed” with new technology. In fact, I think the Grizzly Mountain Mine Cars from Hong Kong Disneyland provide an apt comparison.

On the edge of the land, just before heading back towards the Great Barrier Reef, guests will find Trilo-Bites, a small quick-service location. The area also features the Cretaceous Creatures display unit, which offers the skeletal bone remains of several dinosaurs, similar to the one of the Carnotaurus constructed in the queue of the Dinosaur attraction. The exibits offer a wealth of information about each of the dinosaurs, while also continuing to carry out the Dino Institute theme throughout the entire land.

Wrapping around the corner, leading back towards the entrance to Discovery Island, guests will come across Restaurantosaurus, a pretty large quick-service location, offering chicken and burger entrees. The entire restaurant will be remodeled to match the theme of The Dino Institute, to feature skeletal replicas of several Dinosaurs and mosaics of every era of the Dinosaurs along the walls of the restaurant.

At the far back of the pavilion, guests will find the land's signature attraction: Countdown to Extinction.

3730349976_fb082beb0e_b.jpg
On Countdown to Extinction, guests board time rover, EMV vehicles to simulate rapid jeep trekking movements, to travel back in time to rescue an iguanodon. Here, guests are sent back in time, to the end of the Cretaceous Period, to the end of the dinosaurs, right before the meteor thst struck the Earth impacts. The trip takes guests on a frantic chase through prehistoric forests, as they catch glimpses of broad displays of different dinosaur species, crashing meteors and several encounters with a Carnotaurus, whom spots the guests as his prey.

As for refurbishing the ride, I'd make sure that all the effects were restored to their original working condition. For example, Guests riding today might not know that the Pterodactyl originally swooped down at the Timer Rover and the Compsognathus leapt over the vehicle as it passed by. In addition, there are multiple lighting and smoke effects that were originally part of the ride that are no longer working.

I would also take the opportunity to “plus” Countdown to Extinction with enhanced show scenes to make the experience even more immersive. Dinosaur shares the same track layout as the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland, but where the two differ is in the amount of detail featured on the ride. Whereas Indiana Jones has elaborately themed and detailed scenes, Dinosaur is very dark with lighting that mostly just highlights the large animatronic figures while paying little attention to their surroundings. I would seek to enhance the attraction by building up the environments around the animatronic figures. A good example of this comes from some of the original concept art for the attraction:

Countdown%2Bto%2BExtinction.jpg

Countdown%2Bto%2BExtinction2.jpg
Also, I read on Wikipedia that when Countdown to Extinction became Dinosaur, they toned down a couple aspects because, now that the ride was a tie-in to the film, more kids would be riding. So, with that said, I'd restore a few things from the early days of the ride. I'd make the EMV motion much more intense and restore the ride's original soundtrack. In the original soundtrack, after the encounter with the first audio-animatronic Carnotaurus, the footsteps and roars of the dinosaur could be heard directly behind the vehicle, giving guests the feeling that they were being pursued. And that sounds really frightening...and perfect for a ride like this! This would allow the ride to become more popular than it currently is! The ride exits out into the Dino Institute Treasures store.

The Dino Institute
1) The Boneyard
2) Cretaceous Creatures
3) The Excavator
4) Countdown to Extinction

Shopping
A) Dino Institute Treasures

Dining
A) Trilo-Bites
B) Restaurantosaurus

In the next post, we'll discuss entertainment here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom