A Twist In Time

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 8 : Project Futuro
Reviews

Project Aqua by Magic Feather

I enjoy the realistic aspect of the timeline, but it feels a tad too cluttered. Perhaps if you had it organized by date, event, and a space in between it could visually be nicer. You aren't really removing the issue with the tombstones, your just moving it to the area where most people would be dead if they walked around the whole park. And your also just moving it to the other entrance of Epcot, effectively diminishing the other entrance. However I do believe that the idea will be a great improvement over what we currently have.
Spaceship Earth is all about the history of man's innovation of communication, so I ask why didn't you include smart phones? Its the one major thing missing from the ride that involves communication. I also think the descent is a little bit creepy with only robots being present, is that a sign of things to come? Robots doing everything humans do, I think it would be more relatable to have a human be doing the things instead of robots.

What was the point of updating the fountains for fountain of Nations? I feel like there was so much to do instead of focusing resources on that. The Peoplemover in general just feels crammed, and as if you keep throwing one thing after another at guests with no real time to relax. It sounds like fun, but it may not be as relaxing as its counterpart at the Magic Kingdom. In general the peoplemover here seems like a hodge podge last minute decision, that was thought out to an extent, but could become an operational nightmare as some guests may demand to have such and such vehicle.

The Art of Disney is what an art gallery, or a store? You never really went into any detail about it nor did you say what it was. Intel Labs sounds like edutainment offering that would be interesting, and a great way to get kids and adults interested into intel. I'm not sure if given the scope of Von Drake Labs if it would fit within the allotted space. I'm also not sure if there's any demand at all to meet Ludwig or any memeber of Doanld's family besides Donald, Daisy, and his nephews. Also why is Donald meeting here? Here worked fine at Mexico, so why can you meet him twice in one park at two meet and greets? The Project Tomorrow expansion was a great way to go with things.
The Big Hero 6 exhibit sounds kind of lame, and underwhelming. It's also a missed opportunity to not have the characters in person available to meet. So why is Apple sponsoring a restaurant? It doesn't really seem to make sense, and why not have KUKA sponsor it seeing how the chefs are Kuka arms. The two restaurants are cool concepts, but I'm not rally sure if Epcot really needs more restaurants.

The concept art for The Land, is unpleasing however I do like the idea of how the interior will now look like. Biomes sounds like a grand moving show about the enviroment. Eco Grill sounds like a fine replacement for Sunshine Seasons, but I wonder what you were trying to go for in Terrapan Express. It just feels so disjointed from what the Land actually is. Its a good concept, but its in the wrong area. Also not sure why your throwing Zootopia into the Land either doesn't really mesh well. Not sure how you can fit two new scenes into there nor do I know whats going to be happen in the new forrest and tundra scene. This just sounds like Biomes + Farming. Also whats the point of repainting the canal? Not really sure why that's needed at all. Finally there's the Sky you didn't really describe what anything will look like, and just a sentence for each new thing making it seem last minute. the changes to Soarin seem unnecessary at times except for the replacement of the Taj Mahal. Overall this project had the ambition, but it wasn't exactly the strongest one out there nor the strongest one done by the people on this team.

Team IDI by IDInstitute

The opening of this post is probably the most unique that I have seen for this competition. The Science of Survival is a depressing ride, you keep saying its not depressing, but its depressing. Not really sure I would like to ride it past my first time on it. Its a bit of shame that you have decided to keep everything intact, but it is very realistic. The thing about Omnimovers is that if one part needs it to be slow then everything is slowed down so doesn't really work that well as a ride system. This also just feels like a lesser Spaceship Earth. Also why are there humans hunting dinosaurs? That never happened, like ever.

I like the timeline for the Seas, but would've wished you did this for your whole project. With Turtle Talk getting a refurbishment this year I'm not really sure t would get another one so soon, but then again anything to make that show interesting is welcomed in my book. I like the fact that you went to the the forgotten restaurant of Epcot, the Coral Reef. A new menu would've been appreciated however I'm not sure if anything you do would be able to change its current state of popularity as seafood is rather easy to find locally while international foods are not as easy to find. The Moana ride sounds promising, and would be a great way to capitalize on a new hot IP. However a ride through would've been appreciated. A Big Blue World just seems extra and not really anything new besides the ride system. It seems to be a parallel to the plot of the ride currently there.

Team Space by spacemt354

Your introduction was nicely phrased, and your homepage was nicely set up. It would've been nice to have reading music, but alas there's none. I feel that Apple sponsoring the Imagination pavilion is possible, but I'm not sure about the authenticity of your backstory. Iger in theme park? Ludicrous! Createoscaope sounds like a fun and unique concept. While the Figment show is a nice way to include the characters, and the iThink Activity Zone was an interesting way to utilize the second floor. The mural in the new lobby is pretty imaginative ;) While the D - Zone sounds lie a nice and comfy place to unwind. I really like the new aesthitic of the pavilion especially the way it would at night. It would be really remarkable. Createoscope would have a lot of repeatably given the fact the ride is customizable, and I could see it becoming a favorite, but I worry about the capacity for it. Captain EO has been replaced by a film festival of shorts. The Figment show sounds like an action pack show that will be great fun for the family. Overall the iMagination pavilion sounds like a great improvement of what has been there in the past.
Onto the WOL, and I can't read whats on the papers so skipping over those. The overview, but I would've wished if you had music all over your website instead of a select few pages. Intracellecular is an interesting ride that not only thrills but educates. The perfect balance, and exactly what Epcot needs. I must say its impressive the amount of art you put out for this project. The planetarium show as kind of boring, but I'm sure it'll be visually interesting. The Memory Test and Brain Maze are fun diversions that I could see absorbing people away from the crowds. I feel that you could've explored Inside Out more being one of the few IPs that present a possible way to educate guests in a fun attraction for families. The table serivce sounds perfect for those who like to diet while on Disney, and will also be the only place to get FroYo at Disney. So I may go there :cautious::rolleyes::p

Overall each on of your projects were unique, and a fun read. However we can only have one winner.

@Magic Feather

tcool123

Original Poster
I would like to thank all of those who have participated in this time travelling journey all around Walt Disney World throughout the ninities till now.

I would like to thank each and every one of you brave volunteers who dared to defy, and travelled back in time to become some of the greatest imagineers. While some of you may never have really sumbitted anything it was still nice to see that you were interested enough to try to get this competition to work out in your everyday life. So from everyone at Tcool Labs, thank you!

@IAmNotAHufflepuff
@Magic Feather
@IDInstitute
@AdventurerEllie
@TheOriginalTiki
@DSquared
@MonorailRed
@Matt7187
@spacemt354
@Brer Robbie
@kmbmw777
@Tegan pilots a chicken

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Ahhh....:eek::eek:
i-choose-not-to-run.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom