A Twist In Time

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 1 Results -

In this challenge we bid farewell to @Matt7187 who time travel proved to much for. He should have reached home safely.

Now for the results....
(I added some additional notes, that I'm not sure I had in the reviews)
11T. IAmNotAHufflepuff - 0
11T. DSquared - 0
11T. Brer Robbie - 0
11T. Tegan pilots a chicken - 0
7. TheOriginalTiki - 1
(Sadly it wasn't finished)
6. AdventurerEllie - 2
(I feel like some audiences would be lost/confused with what's going on)
5. IDInstitute - 3
4. kmbmw777 - 4
3. spacemt354 - 5
2. MonorailRed - 6
1. Magic Feather - 7
You guys have no idea how hard it was to pass out the points for everyone. It was really hard deciding, but it came down to small factors.

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 2 - Hot, Hot Hot!
A Nonelimination Challenge

meh_by_tcool123-daiciw5.png

Welcome imagineers to the far off year 2015! We are about a week and a half away from a meeting with Thomas Staggs, Bob Iger, Bruce Vaughn, and Dan Cockerell. The topic? Well seeing as the Frozen Summer Fun promotion was such a hit in 2014, Disney has decided to have a new seasonal party hosted at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The party must be based on one of the following themes.

Superheroes
Although much of Disney’s superhero library is inaccessible to Disney they have managed to get by. For this theme the following movies can be incorporated: Guardians of the Galaxy, Big Hero 6, Incredibles, and for fun Superhero Versions of Mickey & Friends.

Pixar
Pixar has so many great films to use, but I must warn you if you chose Pixar it will be required to have Inside Out present. In this timeline Inside Out came out already.

Descendants
Near the end of July Descendants was released. Since then the movie has become the fifth most watched movie in cable history. With Descendants: Wicked World currently airing, and Descendants 2 in the works it seems as if Descendants will not be going away any time soon. Some have even called it Disney’s new High School Musical. In this timeline Descendants came out already.

Golden Age of Hollywood
A salute to Hollywood is the last possible theme. This theme could just about be anything from classic Hollywood. As that’s what makes Hollywood well Hollywood.

As part of the offerings you will be required to have:
- at least one form of nighttime entertainment rather it be a firework show, light parade, dance party, etc.
- at least two forms of daytime entertainment
- and at least one Meet & Greet
- and remember the party will be hosted from June 17 to September 9th.

Lastly, in this timeline there are some things to note.
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-A-Long has already been moved into the Hyperion Theater (aka the American Idol Theater).
The Premier Theater is empty
The Sunset Showcase adjacent to Rock'n'Rollercoaster is completed, and empty.
The ABC Sound Studio is also empty.

Imagineers your proposals are due October 5th, at 11:59 PM.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me :D

Last edited:

Magic Feather

Challenge 2 - Hot, Hot Hot!
A Nonelimination Challenge

meh_by_tcool123-daiciw5.png

Welcome imagineers to the far off year 2015! We are about a week and a half away from a meeting with Thomas Staggs, Bob Iger, Bruce Vaughn, and Dan Cockerell. The topic? Well seeing as the Frozen Summer Fun promotion was such a hit in 2014, Disney has decided to have a new seasonal party based on the following themes. (Choose one theme)

Superheroes
Although much of Disney’s superhero library is inaccessible to Disney they have managed to get by. For this theme the following movies can be incorporated: Guardians of the Galaxy, Big Hero 6, Incredibles, and for fun Superhero Versions of Mickey & Friends.

Pixar
Pixar has so many great films to use, but I must warn you if you chose Pixar it will be required to have Inside Out present.

Descendants
Near the end of July Descendants was released. Since then the movie has become the fifth most watched movie in cable history. With Descendants: Wicked World currently airing, and Descendants 2 in the works it seems as if Descendants will not be going away any time soon. Some have even called it Disney’s new High School Musical.

Golden Age of Hollywood
A salute to Hollywood is the last possible theme. This theme could just about be anything from classic Hollywood. As that’s what makes Hollywood well Hollywood.

As part of the offerings you will be required to have:
- at least one form of nighttime entertainment rather it be a firework show, light parade, dance party, etc.
- at least two forms of daytime entertainment
- and at least one Meet & Greet

Lastly, in this timeline there are some things to note.
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-A-Long has already been moved into the Hyperion Theater (aka the American Idol Theater).
The Premier Theater is off limits as construction is rumored to start soon.
The Sunset Showcase adjacent to Rock'n'Rollercoaster is completed, and empty.
The ABC Sound Studio is also empty.

Imagineers your proposals are due October 5th, at 11:59 PM.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me :D
Does it have to be in HS? The prompt never explicitly stated that.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Okay. I decided to put something together regardless of the fact that it's overdue. I don't expect any points out of this or anything. But I just wanted to like, ya know, participate.

I would normally go into much greater detail, but I literally put this together over the last two hours and didn't really give myself the proper time to include every single detail. But again, I really just wanted to get something out there to be involved and show that I'm committed to being part of this going forward.

I present to you, Mulan: Rise of a Warrior

The facade would not be anything special. It should be, but Fantasyland at this time has a very unified, old English feel to it. A facade that represents Mulan well would unfortunately disrupt the theming.

We're gonna save some budget on the queue and use that for some slightly more elaborate show scenes. The queue will not have any of the large, interactive elements that the Winnie the Pooh ride has.

Our ride vehicles are going to be a simple grey color, with one of the five family guardians adorning the front of each vehicle. Seating is 2+2.

SCENE 1: Mulan's Home

As we make the right turn to enter the show building, we are surrounded by some simple rock work and small water features. As we enter the building, we find ourselves in Mulan's village.

We see animatronics of Mulan, her mother, and grandmother. In a smaller scene, we see Mulan's father and dog in the ancestors' dwelling praying for Mulan to have fair luck with the matchmaker.

SCENE 2: Matchmaker Madness

We exit this scene via a door in one of the village's buildings and find ourselves inside the matchmaker's quarters. We see animatronics of a displeased matchmaker, as well as Mulan pouring a pot of tea into a cup with Lucky the cricket enjoying a makeshift jacuzzi.

As we veer right, we see animatronics of the matchmaker, pants on fire, shouting at Mulan to leave.

SCENE 3: Off to War

We enter another small door and find ourselves back in Mulan's village. This is our first highly elaborate scene. In the first part, we see one of the soldiers handing orders/directions to Mulan's father, with other villagers in the background, including a concerned Mulan.

Around the next bend, we see Mulan, alone, on her floor, about to cut her hair off with her sword.

After the next turn, we see Mulan, her back to us, in the ancestors's dwelling, with the armor cabinet open. Lucky looks on.

SCENE 4: Mushu!

As we enter the next scene, we see it contains a beautiful projection effect showing all the ancestors awoken.

Following another sharp turn, we are introduced to Mushu! We see him poking out from behind some greenery with the stone dragon head on his head.

SCENE 5: Make a Man out of You!

We smash through another door, this one made of shrubs, and we see Mulan going through the paces of trying to act like a soldier.

Our first scene has an animatronic Mulan to our right with her bow and arrow, Mushu and Lucky close by, with the former about to stick a tomato on her arrow. Shang looks on, displeased. To our left, we see Yao, Ling, and Chien Po looking mischievous.

After another bend in the track, we're going the cheap route and using a projection screen to highlight portions of Mulan's training with a series of short clips from the movie.

SCENE 6: Conflict

We enter this scene via a totally black door, and we find ourselves immersed in the ashy remains of the burned village. In the distance, Mulan craddles the small dool left behind by Shan Yu.

As we prepare to make a sharp hairpin turn, we notice that we are approaching the edge of a cliff. We turn the corner and are now totally surrounded by snowy hillsides. To our right, Mulan and her army, to our left, a large hillside with Shan Yu and his forces.

We traverse layers of icy blue and gray draperies to enter the avalanche scene. Snow caves in on all sides of us. We see Mushu grabbing Lucky out of the snow. Wind machines create a chill as our vehicle also moves up and down.

SCENE 7: Final Battle

As we make a hard right, we are surrounded by the grandiose architecture of the capitol city. On our immediate right, the Emperor is standing on the steps of his palace. Shang and the other remaining soldiers are bowing before him. On our immediate left, Mulan is frantically trying to get the locals to listen to her. Mushu and Lucky are seen hanging from the corner of a building.

As we continue moving forward, we see that we are now actually on the rooftops of the palace.

We make a hard right turn and to our left is Mulan, preparing to launch the giant rocket at Shan Yu.

Moving forward, we come to the climax of the ride, a spectacular backlit scene of the Emperor's palace, complete with fireworks.

SCENE 8: Farewell

Making the turn into the final scene, on our left, we see Mulan, kneeling before her father, presenting him with Shan Yu's sword as well as the medallion from the Emperor.

After the following turn, we see Shang handing Mulan her helmet. On the opposite side, we see Mulan's family, looking happy and proud.

The final scene before exiting features the ancestors celebrating, highlighted by a projection effect of the headless warrior's head being bopped around by some of the others.

And that's the ride! Please watch your step as you exit your vehicle to your right, and if you'd like, there are plenty of Mulan related items for sale in the gift shop!

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Alright, got the photos to work for my last post, for those who care, lol.

A question about this current challenge.

Are we allowed to install anything permanent? Asking because the prompt did not explicitly say that we couldn't.Thanks!
It is up to you is something turns into being permanent like For the First Time in Forever A Frozen Singalong

spacemt354

Chili's
Sorry, two follow up questions if I can

- The Frozen Summer Fun stuff was good, but not overly elaborate. So for our party, are we following the same kind of budget, or can we go more grand in design?

- With Disney's track-record, if they had to pick something other than Frozen, I'd wager they'd go with Guardians of the Galaxy as the safe pick. It's the most successful film of 2014 that they could use, just like Frozen was their most successful the year before.

Aside from established brands like Star Wars, I can't see a board of directors green-lighting a party for stuff like the Descendants when the film didn't come out yet. Bob would not take the risk:greedy: So basically what I'm asking is, are all of the available options on the same playing field in the realism department?

tcool123

Original Poster
Sorry, two follow up questions if I can

- The Frozen Summer Fun stuff was good, but not overly elaborate. So for our party, are we following the same kind of budget, or can we go more grand in design?

- With Disney's track-record, if they had to pick something other than Frozen, I'd wager they'd go with Guardians of the Galaxy as the safe pick. It's the most successful film of 2014 that they could use, just like Frozen was their most successful the year before.

Aside from established brands like Star Wars, I can't see a board of directors green-lighting a party for stuff like the Descendants when the film didn't come out yet. Bob would not take the risk:greedy: So basically what I'm asking is, are all of the available options on the same playing field in the realism department?
- However elaborate it is, is determined by you.

- Realism in that scenario is not applied. Because if I were being realistic you wouldn't be seeing Golden Age of Hollywood there :p. Also let's pretend Bob has faith on IPs not bought/Frozen allowing the board to green light it.

Magic Feather

@tcool123 , so are we able to more or less, plan it as if the movie had already happened, or do we need to keep in mind that the movie(s) (Descendants and Inside Out) would not have come out by the start of the party.
Also, is SoA and the Backlot Complex off limits like premiere for construction, or fair game?
PPS, Why is premiere off limits if it was used Dec. 2015 for Comedy?

tcool123

Original Poster
PPS, Why is premiere off limits if it was used Dec. 2015 for Comedy?
Because I forgot they had one more show at December. So yeah thanks for bringing it up to light, I'll change that.

Also, is SoA and the Backlot Complex off limits like premiere for construction, or fair game?
Nope it is not off limits, as I put Premiere off limits because they were going to do construction after the Frozen move, but you brought it to my attention that it was used later on.

@tcool123 , so are we able to more or less, plan it as if the movie had already happened, or do we need to keep in mind that the movie(s) (Descendants and Inside Out) would not have come out by the start of the party.
Yes

tcool123

Original Poster
Okay. I decided to put something together regardless of the fact that it's overdue. I don't expect any points out of this or anything. But I just wanted to like, ya know, participate.

I would normally go into much greater detail, but I literally put this together over the last two hours and didn't really give myself the proper time to include every single detail. But again, I really just wanted to get something out there to be involved and show that I'm committed to being part of this going forward.

I present to you, Mulan: Rise of a Warrior

The facade would not be anything special. It should be, but Fantasyland at this time has a very unified, old English feel to it. A facade that represents Mulan well would unfortunately disrupt the theming.

We're gonna save some budget on the queue and use that for some slightly more elaborate show scenes. The queue will not have any of the large, interactive elements that the Winnie the Pooh ride has.

Our ride vehicles are going to be a simple grey color, with one of the five family guardians adorning the front of each vehicle. Seating is 2+2.

SCENE 1: Mulan's Home

As we make the right turn to enter the show building, we are surrounded by some simple rock work and small water features. As we enter the building, we find ourselves in Mulan's village.

We see animatronics of Mulan, her mother, and grandmother. In a smaller scene, we see Mulan's father and dog in the ancestors' dwelling praying for Mulan to have fair luck with the matchmaker.

SCENE 2: Matchmaker Madness

We exit this scene via a door in one of the village's buildings and find ourselves inside the matchmaker's quarters. We see animatronics of a displeased matchmaker, as well as Mulan pouring a pot of tea into a cup with Lucky the cricket enjoying a makeshift jacuzzi.

As we veer right, we see animatronics of the matchmaker, pants on fire, shouting at Mulan to leave.

SCENE 3: Off to War

We enter another small door and find ourselves back in Mulan's village. This is our first highly elaborate scene. In the first part, we see one of the soldiers handing orders/directions to Mulan's father, with other villagers in the background, including a concerned Mulan.

Around the next bend, we see Mulan, alone, on her floor, about to cut her hair off with her sword.

After the next turn, we see Mulan, her back to us, in the ancestors's dwelling, with the armor cabinet open. Lucky looks on.

SCENE 4: Mushu!

As we enter the next scene, we see it contains a beautiful projection effect showing all the ancestors awoken.

Following another sharp turn, we are introduced to Mushu! We see him poking out from behind some greenery with the stone dragon head on his head.

SCENE 5: Make a Man out of You!

We smash through another door, this one made of shrubs, and we see Mulan going through the paces of trying to act like a soldier.

Our first scene has an animatronic Mulan to our right with her bow and arrow, Mushu and Lucky close by, with the former about to stick a tomato on her arrow. Shang looks on, displeased. To our left, we see Yao, Ling, and Chien Po looking mischievous.

After another bend in the track, we're going the cheap route and using a projection screen to highlight portions of Mulan's training with a series of short clips from the movie.

SCENE 6: Conflict

We enter this scene via a totally black door, and we find ourselves immersed in the ashy remains of the burned village. In the distance, Mulan craddles the small dool left behind by Shan Yu.

As we prepare to make a sharp hairpin turn, we notice that we are approaching the edge of a cliff. We turn the corner and are now totally surrounded by snowy hillsides. To our right, Mulan and her army, to our left, a large hillside with Shan Yu and his forces.

We traverse layers of icy blue and gray draperies to enter the avalanche scene. Snow caves in on all sides of us. We see Mushu grabbing Lucky out of the snow. Wind machines create a chill as our vehicle also moves up and down.

SCENE 7: Final Battle

As we make a hard right, we are surrounded by the grandiose architecture of the capitol city. On our immediate right, the Emperor is standing on the steps of his palace. Shang and the other remaining soldiers are bowing before him. On our immediate left, Mulan is frantically trying to get the locals to listen to her. Mushu and Lucky are seen hanging from the corner of a building.

As we continue moving forward, we see that we are now actually on the rooftops of the palace.

We make a hard right turn and to our left is Mulan, preparing to launch the giant rocket at Shan Yu.

Moving forward, we come to the climax of the ride, a spectacular backlit scene of the Emperor's palace, complete with fireworks.

SCENE 8: Farewell

Making the turn into the final scene, on our left, we see Mulan, kneeling before her father, presenting him with Shan Yu's sword as well as the medallion from the Emperor.

After the following turn, we see Shang handing Mulan her helmet. On the opposite side, we see Mulan's family, looking happy and proud.

The final scene before exiting features the ancestors celebrating, highlighted by a projection effect of the headless warrior's head being bopped around by some of the others.

And that's the ride! Please watch your step as you exit your vehicle to your right, and if you'd like, there are plenty of Mulan related items for sale in the gift shop!
Reviewing this, since you turned it in

The Good:
  • Synergy with the release date of Mulan
  • Advanced projection techniques
  • Good pacing and story
The Bad:
  • Given Mulan comes out 1998 and the ride opens that year, I would think some of the guests were going to the watch the movie, but had it spoiled by encountering on the ride. So in this case a book report ride would not have been the best solution.
  • The advanced projection techniques and many animatronics would have cost much more than the typical Fatasyland ride at the time.
The Conclusion:
  • While Eisner loved the synergy present of having a new ride based on the most recent animated film from Disney, he feels that giving the riders the complete story but deter them from paying to watch the film at their local cinema. Furthermore while Eisner likes the scenes present he feels that the budget would be too large for a Fantasyland Dark Ride given the extensive amounts off animatronics.
Yes to what?
Yes to it being released prior, sorry I missed the or :oops:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to drop out as well.... As much as I want to participate, between school and my heart simply not being in it, I really can't.

Again, I'm incredibly sorry for these circumstances, but I hope I'll get my head back in the game and get my motivation back sooner or later.

Good luck to all of the remaining competitors! I'm eagerly anticipating what you all come up with.

giphy.gif

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I proudly bring to you, Disney Hollywood Studio's newest and most spectacular summer spectacle! Featuring your favorite characters from Disney/Pixar's most emotional film of all time, Inside Out!

First on our list of brand new attractions is an interactive adventure housed in the former ABC Sound Studio.

29881516091_80a6913ec8_b.jpg
29881516091_80a6913ec8_b.jpg
Memory Theater[/url] by Brent Caldwell, on Flickr[/IMG]
29881516091_80a6913ec8_z.jpg

Guests drop in on Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Fear, and Anger as they guide Riley from Headquarters. Then, one lucky guest will get the opportunity to take control, and help Riley navigate a variety of situations ranging at school, home, and hockey practice.

This will basically utilize the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor/Turtle Talk technology. A series of situations will arise, and the guest will have to decide which emotion to use in each predicament. This means that the show will have dozens of possible outcomes every time. This show will run 7-8 times daily.

Additional daytime entertainment will be the installation of the Inside Out Memory Maker between Echo Lake and the former ABC Sound Studio. This is simply a series of Photopass opportunities involving wooden backdrops featuring various major and minor characters from Inside Out. The area will also have a small bit of theming

Next up, we have the meet and greet!

So originally, I wanted to have Joy, Sadness, and Bing Bong meet guests in an area resembling Long Term Memory. Than I realized that Disney actually did that. Nice job, Disney! LOL!

So instead, we will have them meet guests just inside the gates of Imagination Land! Yes, next to the French Fries!

Finally, at dusk, guests will enjoy a light parade themed to Inside Out. The parade will feature Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Anger, and Fear. It will also include various minor characters such as miners, the cloud couple, security guards, and will even feature Bing Bong and Riley, though to stay in continuity, they will not interact with one another during the precession.

Brilliant glowing lights will line the route and float above and around the performers, creating a breathtaking atmosphere that is sure to delight audiences of all ages.

The entire parade cast will be people on foot, no floats or anything.

And there you have it!

To recap:
- Live interactive show inside ABC Sound Stage Theater.
- Memory Maker Photopass opportunities.
- Personal Meet and Greet with Joy, Sadness, and Bing Bong.
- Night time parade featuring a multitude of major and minor characters from the film.

Here is an updated DHS park map to highlight the areas of the park being used for these new attractions.

Thank you for reading!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Reviewing this, since you turned it in

The Good:
  • Synergy with the release date of Mulan
  • Advanced projection techniques
  • Good pacing and story
The Bad:
  • Given Mulan comes out 1998 and the ride opens that year, I would think some of the guests were going to the watch the movie, but had it spoiled by encountering on the ride. So in this case a book report ride would not have been the best solution.
  • The advanced projection techniques and many animatronics would have cost much more than the typical Fatasyland ride at the time.
The Conclusion:
  • While Eisner loved the synergy present of having a new ride based on the most recent animated film from Disney, he feels that giving the riders the complete story but deter them from paying to watch the film at their local cinema. Furthermore while Eisner likes the scenes present he feels that the budget would be too large for a Fantasyland Dark Ride given the extensive amounts off animatronics.
Hey! Thanks for the review. And honestly, I agree completely with your conclusion. But it was still fun to put together :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Pixarpalooza!
June 17 - September 9 2015: Only at Disney's Hollywood Studios

toystory_20_lg.jpg

Howdy! In the Year 2015, Pixar will celebrate the 20th anniversary release of Toy Story in November, the computer animated film that spawned two decades of spectacular film-making. At Disney's Hollywood Studios, we will celebrate this anniversary with Pixarpalooza, a unique offering throughout the summer season that will give guests special events centered around all of the Pixar films so far, as well as a sneak peak at their newest release Inside Out.

It's all waiting for you at Disney's Hollywood Studios - see ya there, partner!
*Still need map locations
GuideMap-2015-01-HS2.jpg

The Special Offerings:

Daytime Entertainment:

Pixar Play Parade!

Pixar_Play_Parade.JPG

Arriving from Disney's California Adventure, the Pixar Play Parade will entertain guests in the mid-afternoon (3pm) with a parade route from Star Tours to the entrance of the park. A wide variety of cast and characters will be present in the parade, with some new floats and appearances as well from the California edition.

The addition of Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust, and Fear - from Disney/Pixar's Inside Out - will be featured prominently in the lead role for the parade.
Float2.jpg

Inside Out - Sneak Peak!
at Walt Disney's One Man's Dream Attraction

MV5BOTgxMDQwMDk0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjU5OTg2NDE@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Catch the first 30 minutes of Disney/Pixar's newest release Inside Out - as well as some of the production artwork on how the computer animators and story-writers created the film.

Inside Out Meet and Greet
20150613_132115.jpg

Next to Walt Disney's One Man's Dream - after you catch the sneak peak in the attraction, you can meet the stars of the show for yourself at the entrance to Pixar Place!

Pixar Pals Dance Party

On the Streets of America, your Pixar pals will join you in a bopping dance party up and down the streets at certain times of the day to the tune of some of the pop hits of long ago in 2015. Adapted from the Disney Wonder Cruise Line, this dance party will be bigger and better than ever along the Streets of America (which is definitely here to stay!)

Featured in the dance party:

Mr. Incredible
Mrs. Incredible
Mike and Sully
Woody and Buzz
Flick and Heimlich
Wall-E and Eve doing the robot
Remy
Russel
Mr Fredrickson as the DJ

The Music of Pixar - at the Premier Theater
comedy-warehouse-premier-theater.jpg

Every afternoon - enjoy a 35 minute seronade from a symphony orchestra playing some of the most famous Pixar soundstracks with visuals from the film to go along with it. This daily concert will be an incredible experience for families young and old, and add a new touch to the Pixar celebration. Where in, we don't only celebrate the characters, and story, but the powerful music that guides the films along.

Nighttime Entertainment:

Pixars in the Stars

star-wars-fireworks-disney-world-1-copy.jpg

At night, watch on Hollywood Boulevard in front of the Chinese Theater, as the sky is lit up with a breathtaking display of pyrotechnics synchronized with video animation on the theater itself, showing scenes from the Pixar films to date - with a special tribute at the end to the 1995 Toy Story film that began the feature length films for the studio.

New Additions and Overlays:

Toy Story Midway Mania - 3rd Track Installed (Ahead of Schedule)

Toy-Story-Mania_Full_27924.jpg

r-1410219986-ToyStoryMania1.jpg

Towards August and September, Toy Story Midway Mania will have a 3rd track installed to help capacity for the attraction - and guests who are at the park will be able to soft open it before the official opening in September.

A Bug's Life Playset
415a52be-3c1c-463b-8233-3698058dcb40.png

Replacing the theme of Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playset will (finally) be a Bug Life which will round out the corner of Pixar Place next to Toy Story Midway Mania. It will keep the same environment essentially, but theme it around A Bug's Life. This addition would be a permanent one depending on its reception.

Announcements - D23 Convention 2015 in connection with Pixarpalooza

Since the D23 Convention falls in this timeline, we are going to change up the status quo a little bit. In this version, Disney no longer announces Star Wars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Instead, the Pixarpalooza celebration was a "test" run of sorts, to see if Pixar had staying power in the park, a park that desperately needs some new additions.

Some elements were kept the same however, as Toy Story Land was announced at the convention
TSL181008.jpg

Nevertheless, Toy Story Land was not the only Pixar property to be announced. Multiple others would be included in a complete revamping on the south side of DHS, expanding Pixar Place, and solidifying Pixar's presence in the theme park.

A version of Cars Land was announced to replace Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show. This version would include Radiator Springs Racers, Flo's V8 Cafe, the Cozy Cone Motel, and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, with a walk-through of the canyon and Route 66.
onr596424LARGE.jpg

Furthermore, an expansion north of Toy Story Midway Mania and connected to the new Toy Story Land, will be Monstropolis - the bustling town from Monsters Inc, featuring the Monster's Inc Door Coaster, and Harry Hausen's as a dining option.
OtZyIIg.jpg

la_place_de_remy_ratatouille_ride.jpg

Further Pixar placement will be underway, cloning the trackless Ratatouille dark ride from Paris - to the World Showcase promenade in France. As well as..dun dun dun....an Inside Out makeover of Journey into Imagination.

The Pixification of the Disney Park will be on full display in 2015 and will culminate the Pixarpalooza celebration in style!

Overall, the Pixarpalooza celebration will not only be a stepping stone to revitalizing Disney's Hollywood Studios with family friendly options and more to do as a whole, but it will be a bright and lively experience for the summer season celebrating some of the greatest animated films ever made!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom