A Twist In Time

tcool123

Original Poster
Welcome armchair imagineers, to this ever exciting event!

A Twist In Time -

Imagineers are invited to the Tcool Labs, to encounter the Timeinator! Every challenge Tcool and the imagineers will board the Timeinator, and travel back in time into a moment of history regarding the Walt Disney World Resort. Upon submitting a challenge to this very same thread, imagineers will be rewarded points. The highest amount of points will go to the winner of the challenge, and the least amount of points are rewarded last place. Every challenge the person with the least amount of total points will sadly be used as tribute to close the time rift that threatens to destroy us all. Its okay you'll just be sent back to the present day nothing deadly like a parallel universe with a demogorgon, or anything crazy like that.

So now that you know the plot of this whole competition let's get to the boring stuff. The rules, and other things.

Rules -
  1. Sign-Ups, Questions, and Submissions are the only things allowed to be posted in the main thread. Until a discussion thread is created, but that won’t be for another month or so.
  2. You may not receive any outside help because time rifts and things like that. Its all very complicated time logic.
  3. Every contestant must turn in something on the due date. Failure to do so will result in immediate elimination, and in this instance no one will be eliminated for having the least amount of points.
  4. Remember to respect everyone’s opinions, and to keep all conversations good natured.
  5. Lastly remember to have fun!
Types of Challenges -
  • Single Elimination: As the name suggests only the player with least amount of points is eliminated.
  • Double Blitz: A challenge in which the two players with the least amount of points are eliminated.
  • Gambler's Challenge: Here imagineers will be allowed to bet their own points on being able to get into the top three for the challenge. If the gamble pays off imagineers will receive double the points they bid, but if they fail they lose half the points they bid. Keep in mind this challenge is rare, and may not even happen.

As the video suggest you can sign up beginning September 14, and up to 10 imagineers are needed to start the Timeinator.

Gambler's Challenge Rules -
You will bet an amount of points dependent on regulations given to you.

You may bet up to half your points if you bet that you can get first.
You may bet a quarter of your points if you bet you can get in the top three.
You may bet two points if you bet you can get anything but last.

If you win the gamble you will receive half of the points that you bet with. If you lose your gamble you lose half the points you bet.

If you wish to gamble you must say so in your main post.

Directory -
Challenge 1 : The End of a Wild Ride
kmbmw777
spacemt354
Magic Feather
MonorailRed
TheOriginalTiki
AdventurerEllie: Part 1 and Part 2
IDInstitute
Tegan pilots a chicken - late
Reviews: Part 1 and Part 2
Results

Challenge 2 : Hot, Hot, Hot!
Tegan pilots a chicken
spacemt354
Magic Feather
kmbmw777
TheOriginalTiki
AdventurerEllie
IDInstitute
MonorailRed
Reviews
Results

Challenge 3 : The Art of the Resorts
Magic Feather
kmbmw777
spacemt354
Tegan pilots a chicken
AdventurerEllie
TheOriginalTiki
IDInstitute
MonorailRed
Reviews
Results

Challenge 4 : Disco is Dead!
AimYourBrent
kmbmw777
Magic Feather
TheOriginalTiki
spacemt354
IDInstitute
MonorailRed
Reviews
Results

Challenge 5 : Be Our Guest!
Magic Feather
kmbmw777
spacemt354
TheOriginalTiki
AdventurerEllie
IDInstitute
Special : Trick or Treat?
kmbmw777
spacemt354
Magic Feather
AdventurerEllie
Reviews
Results

Challenge 6 : Hey A Movie!
kmbmw777
Magic Feather
TheOriginalTiki
IDInstitute
spacemt354
Reviews
Results

Special : You can Can Can!
spacemt354
IDInstitute
Magic Feather

Challenge 7 : Ever After!
Magic Feather
spacemt354
IDInstitute
TheOriginalTiki
Reviews and Results

Special : Presidential Party
spacemt354
IDInstitute
Magic Feather
TheOriginalTiki

Challenege 8 : Project Futuro
Magic Feather
IDInstitute
spacemt354
Reviews and Results

Discussion Thread

Last edited:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Welcome armchair imagineers, to this ever exciting event!

A Twist In Time -

Imagineers are invited to the Tcool labs, to encounter the Timeinator! Every challenge Tcool and the imagineers will board the Timeinator, and travel back in time into a moment of history regarding the Walt Disney World Resort. Upon submitting a challenge to this very same thread, imagineers will be rewarded points. The highest amount of points will go to the winner of the challenge, and the least amount of points are rewarded last place. Every challenge the person with the least amount of points will sadly be used as tribute to close the time rift that threatens to destroy us all. Its okay you'll just be sent back to the present day nothing deadly like a parallel universe with a demogorgon, or anything crazy like that.

So now that you know the plot of this whole competition let's get to the boring stuff. The rules, and other things.

Rules –
  1. Sign-Ups, Questions, and Submissions are the only things aloud to be posted in the main thread. Until a discussion thread is created, but that won’t be for another month or so.
  2. You may not receive any outside help because time rifts and things like that. Its all very complicated time logic.
  3. Every contestant must turn in something on the due date. Failure to do so will result in immediate elimination, and in this instance no one will be eliminated for having the least amount of points.
  4. Remember to respect everyone’s opinions, and to keep all conversations good natured.
  5. Lastly remember to have fun!
Types of Challenges –
  • Single Elimination: As the name suggests only the player with least amount of points is eliminated.
  • Double Blitz: A challenge in which the two players with the least amount of points are eliminated.
  • Gambler's Challenge: Here imagineers will be aloud to bet their own points on being able to get into the top three for the challenge. If the gamble pays off imagineers will receive double the points they bid, but if they fail they lose half the points they bid. Keep in mind this challenge is rare, and may not even happen.

As the video suggest you can sign up beginning September 14, and up to 15 imagineers will be accepted with a minimum of 10 imagineers needed to start the Timeinator.​

I volunteer as tribute! :D;)

This sounds like great fun!

tcool123

Original Poster
I volunteer as tribute! :D;)

This sounds like great fun!
Thanks, I hope I can deliver on that expectation of fun. I've been plannig this for maybe two years now (maybe 1) so here's hoping! :D

I have a question, do the points transfer round to round, or is each challenge a clean slate? What I mean by this is, will it necessarily be the last place person be eliminated (aside from the first challenge), or will it be whoever has the least amount of points from all rounds total even if they placed higher?
The points will carry on from each challenge.
And the person eliminated will be the one least amount of points total. Hope that clarifies things :D
*allowed (vs. 'aloud' - 2 x)
Noted and changed :D

spacemt354

Chili's
Can I join I don't think deer's comp is going to happen?
I feel for deere, I'd like to see everyone get an opportunity

Maybe y'all can work something out where deere's comp could be like the "Omega Challenge" was for The Creator Games.

After a few eliminations, a competition begins for the cast who either got eliminated or who missed the sign-ups...and that runs side-by-side so it gives everyone a chance who wants to imagineer.

And based on deere's set-up, it would seem like that would fit as you're re-designing Hollywood Studios like in the League of Dreamers you design a park, land by land....so as people are eliminated they can just jump into the next challenge.

tcool123

Original Poster
025b4ae4-787e-d29e-b5e5-64458bc4b6e5-banner.jpg

A notice has just been released from Tcool Labs! In the notice Tcool, the foundar and president of Tcool Labs discussed something called the Timeinator. Here's the full notice :

Tcool Labs

tcool_labs_by_tcool123-dahbl7o.png

Dear people of the Earth, I Tcool am contacting you on behalf of my latest invention. Inspired by H.G. Wells, I designed and created my very own time machine. I call it the Timeinator, but I'm not completely sure it is safe for us to use. This is where you come in, I need help testing it to make sure it is safe. Do not worry I have tested it on mice, and they have come back missing a tail or some other body part. However I am sure this time will be different.

You may be wondering what I will offer you in exchange for signing up to help test the Timeinator. Well what I'm offering is invaluable, a chance to change the past. So come to Tcool Labs on September 14, to join this expedition. Oh and it is first come, first serve.

images

(conceptual image attached to notice)
- Tcool, Founder and President
Stay tuned, as in the upcoming four days, we'll try to find new tidbits of information regarding this Tcool Labs establishment and the Timeinator.​

tcool123

Original Poster
025b4ae4-787e-d29e-b5e5-64458bc4b6e5-banner.jpg

No unborn bothan spies were hurt in retrieving this valuable information. Thanks to some leads we have been able to uncover some information about the Timeinator, and Tcool Labs. However none of these rumors have been confirmed to be true, so take it all with a grain of finely cut salt.

upload_2016-9-13_19-10-32.jpeg

A piece of finely cut salt

Tcool Labs will be opening up to fifteen volunteers to test out the Timeinator tomorrow early tomorrow morning. Sign ups will be planned to continue to go on to the 18th of September if the spots are not all taken up by then. Rumors are that there is high interest has been shown by the local community including, but not limited to someone who classifies himself as IAmSuchAHufflepuff.
The Timeinator reportedly can only travel from the 90's to the present day, and are locked to Florida.
Conspirators have connected the Timeinator to the creation of Stonehenge, the Pyramids, and the platypus. While those involved with the environment have pinpointed that ever since Tcool Labs has opened, an alien goo like substance has been spotted around a mile radius. Another strange occurrence is how rows of lights will flicker every so often throughout the day, this may be due to the massive amount of electricity consumed by the Timeinator. Of course the chances of any of those "facts" being true are slim to none.

This is the last of our updates, and Tcool Labs will finally open up to the public tomorrow.

tumblr_mrhcy3oARl1sb8guio1_500.gif

A gentle reminder to those who wanted to sign up, you can sign up tomorrow.
@IAmNotAHufflepuff
@Poe Dameron
@DlpPhantom
@Brer Robbie
@Matt7187
@DSquared

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom