A Twist In Time 2 : Discussion Thread

Sam Magic

Hell everyone. I'm Sam. I joined the forum over five years ago and dear lord I feel old.

I've participated in a number of competitions over the years and I have won two. Recently I've been off the forums due to school and other life events, but every-time I come back it's like being home. As has been mentioned above, I've had the opportunity to work with many of you before and I really treasure those moments.

To the new comers I say to take risks and have a good time. The projects you work on and the people you work with in these competitions will not only teach you a great number of things about others but yourself. Enjoy your time and have fun making each submission. With time your quality of work improves and you learn how to do things you couldn't before. For example, doing these competitions honed my graphic design and video editing abilities.

As for other life things; I'm in college. I'm studying International Relations and work for a U.S. Senator writing foreign policy proposals and stuff. While I love politics...a lot...I also of course love imagineering and the Disney company as a whole. It's a creative outlet for me. I sing. I like music. I love learning new things, meeting new people, and doing crazy or interesting stuff (YOLO). If I were a Muppet I'd be Statler and Waldorf. My favorite Disney film is the black cauldron...because...it's such a meme.

spacemt354

Chili's
Bringing back the Question of the Day for Discussion Threads. And I was just thinking of this one last night listening to some Disney music -

Tuesday August 29th
What is your favorite Disney animated film soundtrack? (or top soundtracks if you can't decide)

For me, I would go with The Lion King. Not only do you have Elton John's classics - but then you also have Hans Zimmer as the composer adding weight and emotion when needed.

Runner up would probably be The Hunchback of Notre Dame which to me is one of Disney's most underrated films.

tcool123

Original Poster
Tuesday August 29th
What is your favorite Disney animated film soundtrack? (or top soundtracks if you can't decide)

While overall not my favorite scores these are certainly some of my favorite tracks.

Avalanche from Mulan. Throughout the song one my favorite motifs is played it starts at 00:29. It just sounds daring, adventourous, something to be excited for.

The Egg Travels from Dinosaur. A hidden gem from a mostly lackluster film, The Egg Travels is an inspiring adventurous track. It plays with your emotions, and is by far one of the best sound scores from Disney for an animated Disney film.

Stampede from The Lion King. I'm going to be honest; I am not a huge fan of the Lion King, and after the Stampede the movie for goes down hill. However this track stands out from the rest of Disney's collection. It is tense, it is fearful, it evokes a feeling of danger. Definitely one of the highlights from the film is this track.

Now onto soundtracks.

One of my favorites is, much like @spacemt354 , The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It is one of my favorite films, and likely in my top three Disney films. The songs just have so much emotion, and for me I can feel the emotions the characters are going through. There's Esmeralda's grief in God Help the Outcasts, Frollo's frustration in Hellfire, Quasimodo's hope and longing in Out There and Heaven's Light. The loud and bold ringing of the bells that set up an epic tale in The Bells of Notre Dame, and the danger in Court of Miracles.

spacemt354

Chili's
Now onto soundtracks.

One of my favorites is, much like @spacemt354 , The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It is one of my favorite films, and likely in my top three Disney films. The songs just have so much emotion, and for me I can feel the emotions the characters are going through. There's Esmeralda's grief in God Help the Outcasts, Frollo's frustration in Hellfire, Quasimodo's hope and longing in Out There and Heaven's Light. The loud and bold ringing of the bells that set up an epic tale in The Bells of Notre Dame, and the danger in Court of Miracles.

So fun fact I actually watched this for the first time last night (first time, yes I know:hilarious:) And then I couldn't stop listening to the songs from the soundtrack. Not only because it's good music, but it's not fluff -- it's fleshing out the characters, and Frollo has catapulted for me to one of the best Disney villains. The best villains for me aren't the Evil Queen or The Wicked Stepmother because those characters are more one-dimensional villains (heck they have Evil/Wicked in their names) -- it's the villains that think they are doing good that are the most complex. There's a lot of adult themes in the film too -- how it got a G rating I'll never know.

spacemt354

Chili's
Question of the Day - Thursday August 31st
Favorite place to relax in a Disney Resort?
Enough said;)
2506312273585165606%253Faccount_id%253D9

tcool123

Original Poster
Favorite theme/amusement park other than a Disney Park?
I'm going to have to say Islands of Adventure. The majority of lands in the park are fun to visit, and there's plenty of great rides like: Spider-Man, Popeye's, Jurassic Park, and Forbidden Journey. It is by far the best overall themed park not including Disney's, and unlike its sister park I would actually plan to visit the park. However the overall experience of the park is sublime, and the soundtrack for the park is enchanting. It sends shivers down my spine whenever I here the entrance music while buying tickets. No other park is able to do that, including Disney parks, for me.

Favorite place to relax in a Disney Resort?
Definitely Hollywood Studios, it's my family's chill park as we're never rushing around it. There's plenty of nice shows to watch, and other things to keep a day at Studios relaxing.

spacemt354

Chili's
Probably at top of my list too, but I also like sitting down under the shelter on the lake behind Flametree BBQ, enjoying bbq of course, and the quiet view.
Don't think I've ever been to Flametree (if I have it was a long time ago) - have to check that out next time!

I got a few good pics from the Wilderness Lodge on the last trip including that one, and I made an actual trip report for it will all the other pics if anyone wants to see. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/our-tours-the-adventures-continue.929779/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom