A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

truecoat

From the Orange County Register on Twitter.

They got a construction tour of the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout at DCA with Joe Rohde and Marvel's Joe Quesada. The ride will have multiple variations, rock n roll music from the movie, and will keep the same ride time and capacity.

There goes the money that was saved by not having to pay for the Twilight Zone theme.

Professortango1

Same ride time? That's disappointing. I was hoping (and I suppose they still could) that they would reuse the show floors between drops. It's something that's unique to that ride system that they could do to extend and expand the story.

A longer ride time means lower capacity as the ride can only have one vehicle in show mode per shaft while the second vehicle is loading/unloading.

RSoxNo1

Today is certainly an interesting day. Trump is President and Hypable thinks that Jim Hill (yes, that Jim Hill) is a reputable source for movie rumors that JK Rowling denied on Twitter:

http://www.hypable.com/jk-rowling-cursed-child-movie-rumors/
These are the types of things Hill gets very early. The problem he runs into is that he throws them out as possibilities, people take them as "definitely happening" and he gets dragged through the mud as making stuff up.

Knowing his connections, I'm sure there are discussions going on about this, but I'm willing to bet that nothing is even close to agreed upon.

PizzaPlanet

From the Orange County Register on Twitter.

They got a construction tour of the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout at DCA with Joe Rohde and Marvel's Joe Quesada. The ride will have multiple variations, rock n roll music from the movie, and will keep the same ride time and capacity. The setting is Tivan the Collector's museum where he is unveiling his latest collection the guardians of the galaxy. Visitors walk into a giant vault. The queue will feature other collections from the marvel universe. Visitors will also help Rocket who has escaped and is hiding in the vents, the goal is to free rocket and the other guardians. The riders will enter the elevator and turn off a generator, once the generator is off the elevator loses control. Joe Rohde says the ride will be high pace and frenetic. The elevator door may not always open it is random. The collection display will have tons of Easter eggs from Marvel movies, TV, and future things.
Wasn't the original story that guests were riding in "escape rockets", not elevators? Maybe the story was changed when they couldn't cover up the elevator openings.

MerlinTheGoat

Today is certainly an interesting day. Trump is President and Hypable thinks that Jim Hill (yes, that Jim Hill) is a reputable source for movie rumors that JK Rowling denied on Twitter:

http://www.hypable.com/jk-rowling-cursed-child-movie-rumors/
I won't defend Hill's reputation whatsoever here, but to be fair Rowling has told plenty of blatant lies regarding future HP plans in the past (while she hadn't finished all 7 books yet she would often make huge claims about major plot elements that turned out entirely false to mislead fans) and WB already registered a trademark for Cursed Child a while ago. It seems (to me) like there are obviously plans and negotiations going on regardless of Hill's comments. There is no way WB isn't at least trying to discuss it with Rowling and the original actors. It is possible that Rowling is against the idea of course though.

GiveMeTheMusic

I won't defend Hill's reputation whatsoever here, but to be fair Rowling has told plenty of blatant lies regarding HP plans in the past and WB already registered a trademark for Cursed Child a while ago. It seems (to me) like there are obviously plans and negotiations going on regardless of Hill's comments. There is no way WB isn't at least trying to discuss it with Rowling and the original actors. It is possible that Rowling is against the idea of course though.

Oh I'm sure it's not only being discussed, but formulated at WB right now whether Rowling is involved or not. They pitched Fantastic Beasts to her, and I'm sure they want to keep the gravy train going for a very long time.

What I found hilarious was that Hypable cited Jim Hill. That was not what I was expecting to read when I clicked on that thing. "We know JK Rowling said this, but Jim Hill said" is not what I expected at all.

MerlinTheGoat

Oh I'm sure it's not only being discussed, but formulated at WB right now whether Rowling is involved or not. They pitched Fantastic Beasts to her, and I'm sure they want to keep the gravy train going for a very long time.

What I found hilarious was that Hypable cited Jim Hill. That was not what I was expecting to read when I clicked on that thing. "We know JK Rowling said this, but Jim Hill said" is not what I expected at all.
Well it's plausible that Hypable just doesn't realize Hill's poor reputation and track record here. Though that also brings up another problem- Hypable clearly isn't doing their homework on ensuring their sources are solid enough to carry a story. A huge problem with modern journalism as many of us have seen.

But yes anyone could have accurately assumed that there are discussions between WB, Rowling and the original HP actors to kick off a new Cursed Child movie franchise. And a trilogy is another safe bet (they split HP7 in two, makes sense they would try to pull a Hobbit here). Hill was an unnecessary person to use as a reference, don't know why they even felt the need...

FigmentJedi

Well it's plausible that Hypable just doesn't realize Hill's poor reputation and track record here. Though that also brings up another problem- Hypable clearly isn't doing their homework on ensuring their sources are solid enough to carry a story. A huge problem with modern journalism as many of us have seen.

But yes anyone could have accurately assumed that there are discussions between WB, Rowling and the original HP actors to kick off a new Cursed Child movie franchise. And a trilogy is another safe bet (they split HP7 in two, makes sense they would try to pull a Hobbit here). Hill was an unnecessary person to use as a reference, don't know why they even felt the need...
Well the play itself is a two parter that's about 4 hours total.

Cesar R M

WB already registered a trademark for Cursed Child
Isnt this maneouver always done in advance just in case? Lets not forget the whole James Cameron's Avatar vs Nickelodeon's "Last Airbender". Where James had registered "Avatar" years ago, despite that Avatar from Nickelodeon was way more popular at first (aka what they expected vs what they got).

To clarify, I think its kinda to protect the rights in case some name troll (like those who love to register as many similar website names to some famous thing, to mislead)

Cesar R M

As much as I hate the idea of TOT being replaced, I do love Easter Eggs around the park/rides, and little hidden details to look for.
Its not that bad, but eastern eggs cease to be funny when they are splattered everywhere.
Just like how Hidden Mickeys are not exactly that "hidden" now, since they are actually plastered everywhere in purpose.

Cesar R M

In other news, pardon my horrible photos..

But its pretty hard to take photos of the construction area of CIRQUE DU SOLEIL theme park in my hometown.
The bridge is with constant traffic and couldn't stop fully.
The guards also denied me entry to the VIDANTA resort area (only members can enter). And the streets leading to VIDANTA's are extremely narrow and full of vegetation. Taxis go wild in this area to deliver members/buyers and a getting hit by these morons is easy.

You can check the map area at: 20.69414,-105.2647105,750m
The photos are taken in the bridge "calle ingreso" right next to the PROTECCION CIVILL Y BOMBEROS, facing towards the PEMEX station.
Google maps link: https://www.google.com/maps/@20.6950521,-105.2653543,750m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

They are advancing well. They are on the 2nd and 3rd floors already in some buildings. Others are still barely starting.
DSC_0822_DxO.jpg

Calle Ingreso, infront of the BASE TAXI jarrateaderas, facing VIDANTA.
DSC_0825_DxO.jpg

Getting into the "return" bridge.
DSC_0827_DxO.jpg

Top of the bridge, facing VIDANTA.
DSC_0830_DxO.jpg

BrianLo

Same ride time? That's disappointing. I was hoping (and I suppose they still could) that they would reuse the show floors between drops. It's something that's unique to that ride system that they could do to extend and expand the story.

IGN does a better play-by-play of what Rohde discussed. Sounds like potentially a hybrid of what you suggested. The elevator may immediately start a drop sequence, followed by mid-point show scenes and end with more drops.

Rohde described the Tower of Terror as having been, “A mystery ride. It invested more than half of its entire time in building mystery," referencing the early portion, as you sat on the ride and viewed the hotel guests "vanishing” on one of the floors, before the elevator you were in began to rapidly rise and fall, providing the true thrills.

For Guardians, Rohde explained, "This is a comedy, action-adventure, prison break. We need none of that [set-up once on the ride]. We invest immediately in movement... Everything that happens on the ride, from the moment you take off, happens in the context of this very physical chaos. The escape is happening, the other animals are escaping, everything in the collection is loose. The guards are trying to stop them. Rocket is trying to control the vehicle that is out of control because he blew the control tower to open the cages. It’s just insane chaos. But really funny, really fun chaos that ensues for the rest of the ride."

(sic)

Rohde showed us what the Disney team refers to as “ride profiles” - essentially line graphs showing the movement of Mission: Breakout as it rises and falls. There were three different ones for the new attraction, depicting the variations guests will experience. All three notably had a lot more rapid movement from the start than Tower of Terror, whose profile we were shown alongside the new ones.

The other thing not brought up by the OC Register thus far is that not only will the music be randomized, but so will the show scenes that accompany them. A total of three major profiles/different scenes from the sounds of things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom