A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

WildcatDen

He/she is a source that apparently channels information to @WildcatDen, who then shares it with us. Serpico is only the code name @WildcatDen uses for this particular source. If I read right, not even he knows what Serpico's real occupation is.

Either way, the information that we've been channeled has been overwhelmingly accurate. It's worth keeping track of what is channeled from this source.

Correct me if any of the above is incorrect, @WildcatDen.
That sums it up pretty well, for the most part. I will add that it has been silent recently other than a brief tidbit to expect more information prior to year's end. If I get it, I will be sure to share.

WildcatDen

Penn Station.png

Cheesesteaks.

njDizFan

The slides aren't painted, they solid color material. The reason they are colored that way is that's probably a couple of the colors offered by the manufacturer and they had a budget that didn't include custom color slides.

View attachment 177462
Still a little bit behind in the thread so sorry if we moved on...

But I disagree. This had to be a specific decision made be the ride designer. 100's of million dollar Theme parks/water parks do not leave this type of detail to the whim of the manufacturer. I think these colors were done to highlight the ride system. Agree or disagree a heavily themed tube would not have been visible from a long distance and would have been masked within the side of the volcano. Water Parks are more about thrill so being able to see this immense mountain and seeing where you would be going around the structure makes it more compelling.

ToTBellHop

But I disagree. This had to be a specific decision made be the ride designer. 100's of million dollar Theme parks/water parks do not leave this type of detail to the whim of the manufacturer. I think these colors were done to highlight the ride system. Agree or disagree a heavily themed tube would not have been visible from a long distance and would have been masked within the side of the volcano. Water Parks are more about thrill so being able to see this immense mountain and seeing where you would be going around the structure makes it more compelling.
A volcano in Central Florida wouldn't be compelling enough?

What are theme parks in FL known for again?

skibum123

I haven't kept up with this thread so this may be redundant , Atlantis is supposedly building a resort next to Disney in Hawaii .

http://blooloop.com/link/new-atlantis-resort-hawaii/

That's a shame. We were at Aulani this past February. W/ the Four Seasons (I believe) being built immediately to the right, and now Atlantis being built immediately to the left. That tiny beach/lagoon area is going to get crushed. It was already practically shoulder to shoulder when we were there w/o those 2 new monstrous resorts.

the.dreamfinder

Guys, Volcano Bay is a a state of the art top shelf water park. Every color of every slide was chosen with purpose. Every slide is a custom slide. Like the colors or not, fine. They didn't buy clearance slides from the Special Deals section of the ProSlides website.
Theme Park or not, it will be a huge improvement over Wet N' Wild. Disney can't say any of their recent moves to replace things, cough Frozen Ever After cough, have been a net positive.
I really want to see a photo of that Volcano Bay model you mentioned earlier. Must be pretty cool in person.

andre85

Guys, Volcano Bay is a a state of the art top shelf water park. Every color of every slide was chosen with purpose. Every slide is a custom slide. Like the colors or not, fine. They didn't buy clearance slides from the Special Deals section of the ProSlides website.

That strawman got DESTROYED.

Pretty sure no one has said the slides weren't custom and off-the-shelf, or that Universal didn't "think" about what color to make the slides, so unless I missed something, I'm not sure why you're arguing as if someone had.

I also don't think anyone has questioned that Disney thought long and hard about the details of their parking lot themed dino land.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
The water park argument was about the definition of theme/water park (subjective) and about the implimentation of exterior slides (their color/aesthetic) and whether or not they fit the theme of the park. (also subjective)

I'd put my money on Volcano Bay being great and a great addition to Universal, but what's the purpose of continuing this?

culturenthrills

I'm just gonna say it, Moana was stunning. A movie worthy of being spoken of in the same breath as films like Fantasia, Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast. There were times where my jaw just dropped from the visuals, the music, and the acting and I dearly hope we see Auli'i Cravalio in much more as she grows up. She was the biggest stand out with one of the most powerful voices I've ever heard in a Disney film.

Auli'i Cravalio was amazing. The entire movie rest on her performance and she carried it. It is hard to believe we got Zootopia and Moana in the same year. Both pushed the limits of Disney Animation and were amazing stories.

Princess Leia

Auli'i Cravalio was amazing. The entire movie rest on her performance and she carried it. It is hard to believe we got Zootopia and Moana in the same year. Both pushed the limits of Disney Animation and were amazing stories.
I really want to see it, but I can't get any of my friends interested in it :(

Quinnmac000

Its so world class..they are even making 100% customized lifeguard gear so they stay in theme with the rest of the park. Unlike some other themed water parks. *cough cough*...I'm just stirring the pot.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

A volcano in Central Florida wouldn't be compelling enough?

What are theme parks in FL known for again?
I agree that the color was chosen for a purpose. Most likely to pop when you see it even from a distance. Drive by on the interstate and you will see a volcano with water slides mixed in. It's gonna look really cool and attract people. The volcano would still draw attention, but not everyone seeing it would realize that it's not just a prop, but the slides actually go through it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Its so world class..they are even making 100% customized lifeguard gear so they stay in theme with the rest of the park. Unlike some other themed water parks. *cough cough*...I'm just stirring the pot.
Lifeguards might be the one place where themed costumes are a bad idea. I like being able to quickly find a lifeguard if I need one. They shouldn't blend in. Most places have the standard red and white color scheme with the red lifeguard "floats" so I assume it will just be a variation on that. I'm interested in seeing what they came up with.

spacemt354

Chili's
Lifeguards might be the one place where themed costumes are a bad idea. I like being able to quickly find a lifeguard if I need one. They shouldn't blend in. Most places have the standard red and white color scheme with the red lifeguard "floats" so I assume it will just be a variation on that. I'm interested in seeing what they came up with.
So they can have lifeguards blend in with the theme, but not the exposed slides?

*I'm just kidding*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom