A Spirited Valentine ...

MotherOfBirds

I caught some large F&W props and signage coming down Central Fl Parkway this morning. I assumed it would all be left to marinate in a warehouse on-property

Kman101

New Builds: Pandora, Harambe expansion, Shanghai's Pirates, Roaring Rapids exploration area, Mystic Manor.

Entertainment: Mickey and the Magical Map, some of the SDL shows, some (though not all versions of WoC), Frozen at DCA, Muppets Great moments in history.

Disney Springs is fantastic actually.

Lots more things that are great, but more controversial purely based on the IP-phobia.

+1

IP-phobia. Great word and accurate

Kman101

Simply my opinion. Not judging anyone's opinion on it. Relax and save the eye roll, thanks

I've said before they use IPs as quick fixes and haven't implemented them well (Nemo, Frozen ...), but I don't get why it's such a "dirty word". If you're going to hate IPs then I don't know what to tell you because that's what they're doing.

I'm not thrilled Mickey is replacing GMR or that Guardians are going into Epcot ...

Last edited:

truecoat

Space Mt at WDW has the better queue and track layout. Space Mt at DL has the better cars, audio, and ride effects. The DL version does have the nod to John Hench in the queue, but the Star Tunnel music outweighs that. ;)

I rode SM at DL a few weeks ago in the front seat and it was the best ride of the day. That was saying a lot since I was able to hit around 20 attractions between DCA and DL including Indy, Cars and GOTG.

brb1006

Now I am basing this off the original design and intent, but the WDW version of Space Mountain is indeed the better version. I know it has gotten rough over the years and needs a retracking, but the full scope of the attraction was larger and more ambitious than it's Disneyland counterpart. The original queue was vast and beautifully done, it was the perfect act 1 to the whole experience (until you got to the switchback queue) You begin your journey already in space, so the queue was designed to look like you were in a space station, preparing to rocket back to earth. The 3-D window displays were so very unique, music and back tracks were ominous and epic...and in the main queue area you could see the glowing rockets on the night skey. The ride itself had a mix of turns and drops, not just the gentle inclines that Disneyland does, and ends with a walk through of the home of the future... The overall original attraction was so much more then a rollercoaster in darkness... it was a journey... It is sad it has become rough, and the show scenes and original score are long gone, but yes! The WDW Spce Mountain was definitely the better version...
At least we still have the queue music that still plays.

tirian

Now I am basing this off the original design and intent, but the WDW version of Space Mountain is indeed the better version. I know it has gotten rough over the years and needs a retracking, but the full scope of the attraction was larger and more ambitious than it's Disneyland counterpart. The original queue was vast and beautifully done, it was the perfect act 1 to the whole experience (until you got to the switchback queue) You begin your journey already in space, so the queue was designed to look like you were in a space station, preparing to rocket back to earth. The 3-D window displays were so very unique, music and back tracks were ominous and epic...and in the main queue area you could see the glowing rockets on the night skey. The ride itself had a mix of turns and drops, not just the gentle inclines that Disneyland does, and ends with a walk through of the home of the future... The overall original attraction was so much more then a rollercoaster in darkness... it was a journey... It is sad it has become rough, and the show scenes and original score are long gone, but yes! The WDW Spce Mountain was definitely the better version...
You know, I meant to say Splash Mt., but you're right. If WDW gave Space a proper refurb, it would be much better than the DL copy that simply goes up and turns, turns, turns all the way down.

tirian

Far fewer animatronics, though, but the ones the Florida version does have exhibit superior animation, and the considerably slower log speed gives the rider more time to enjoy them.
Most of DL's extra AAs are little more than stuffed animals that barely move. DL has a rough ride, too. Space is rough in Florida and smooth in California, and Splash is vice-versa.

Fantasmicguy

Completely agree DDland. Dinosaur is absolutely immense and so underrated. This year was actually the first time I have ever seen the Dino chase the vehicle and it took me by surprise so much. There's literally 1 thing I'd Impove and that's the pterodactyl not swooping down. I love the new screens, and I never fail to smile throughout the whole ride.
What there's screens on Dinosaur now? I really like dinosaur and I never noticed them before

flyerjab

New Builds: Pandora, Harambe expansion, Shanghai's Pirates, Roaring Rapids exploration area, Mystic Manor.

Entertainment: Mickey and the Magical Map, some of the SDL shows, some (though not all versions of WoC), Frozen at DCA, Muppets Great moments in history.

Disney Springs is fantastic actually.

Lots more things that are great, but more controversial purely based on the IP-phobia.

As far as shows and entertainment, don't forget to add Festival of Fantasy Parade, ToL Awakenings (this one should be highlighted as it isn't centered on IPs) and Happily Ever After. I would even consider adding SWAGS to this list.

Also, I put in bold the Disney Springs note. You are correct in that it really is a fantastic place to go to now for food and entertainment. And if we are highlighting food as well, then I have to place Tiffins and the Nomad Lounge here. I think that ever since that opened, we have either gone to the restaurant or the lounge or both on each trip.

Roknrollrghostr

As far as shows and entertainment, don't forget to add Festival of Fantasy Parade, ToL Awakenings (this one should be highlighted as it isn't centered on IPs) and Happily Ever After. I would even consider adding SWAGS to this list.

Also, I put in bold the Disney Springs note. You are correct in that it really is a fantastic place to go to now for food and entertainment. And if we are highlighting food as well, then I have to place Tiffins and the Nomad Lounge here. I think that ever since that opened, we have either gone to the restaurant or the lounge or both on each trip.

Yes! No matter how many times I've seen FOF, I still stand there in awe of the beauty and detail that went into this parade. ToL awakenings is absolutely magical.

And I have cried actual tears of joy in Nomad Lounge. Not exaggerating.

I'll also add WDW's version of Trader Sam's. It's fantastic!

Not everything they are doing is perfect but Disney is definitely still putting quality experiences out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom