1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

A Spirited Valentine ...

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by WDW1974, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

:hilarious: At the Guardians Mission Cashgrab reviews. Sounds like a winner :rolleyes:

2. mickEblu

mickEblu Well-Known Member

Reviews? Where?

Horizons78 and brb1006 like this.
  3. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

The twitter comments posted in this thread

Mike S and brb1006 like this.
  4. Astro Blaster

Astro Blaster Well-Known Member

Currently riding the monorail and saw the "updated" WL. Spirit, I know how you like your nicknames/acronyms so may I suggest No-Longer-in-the-Wilderness Lodge

the.dreamfinder and Mike S like this.
  5. Astro Blaster

Astro Blaster Well-Known Member

Random thought #2 - are there any South Park fans in here because SoDoSoPa and CtPaTown basically = Disney Springs.

6. UpAllNight

UpAllNight Well-Known Member

Whilst we are on with random thoughts I'll carry on my ongoing Florida ones from my current vacation;

- Animal Kingdom is very pretty & very well themed, but it is still a hot mess in terms of ride capacity. Have yet to see it with Pandora fully open. It'll help, but it's painfully close to being the very best so I hope for a few further new rides in the next few years to round it off.

- Really enjoyed Rivers of Light, but I don't agree with posted reviews about the lack of a finale. If anything the middle part lost me, but the start and end were great. I think the slight wind might have affected things? Middle projections seemed off, is that the norm?

-The cast members at Disney in general are leagues above those at Universal and especially the Seaworld group of parks.

- As is the food choice & quality

-I think with how busy the parks I've visited have been, there must surely be more urgency in improving the guest experience through capacity increases.

7. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

Without a doubt. A small breeze has a huge effect causing the 'screen' not to meet. It's a self-aware mistake they're living with because they ran out of time to fix it.

matt9112, Kman101 and UpAllNight like this.
  8. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

I agree with disney cms being leagues above uni's

UpAllNight and Kman101 like this.
  9. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

Interesting that you should bring those up because while im not a south parl fan i think SoDoSoPa, and CtPa Town (and its child labor) are perfect examples of the real estate developers mindset these days

10. Casper Gutman

Casper Gutman Well-Known Member

I have had very different experiences. Over the last three or four years, I've consistently found the Uni cms to be more knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive then their WDW counterparts. It's been quite a noticeable shift.

To some extent its not the cms fault at WDW. The parks, and MK in particular, are so overcrowded and understaffed that the cms are harried and unable to provide the level of service Disney should offer.

Still, the quality of service at Uni is one of the reasons I spend more and more time there and less at WDW - they seem to offer a level of service closer to what WDW offered about 20 years ago.

And again, this is strictly opinion, of course.

Cesar R M, Mike S and ford91exploder like this.
  11. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I think the CMs at Disney and TMs at Uni are fairly equal ... Each has some that aren't super happy, each has some that do a great job ... I wouldn't say one or the other is "better" overall

12. Casper Gutman

I think this is fair - as I said, I think a lot of the difference I noted can be attributed to differences in the circumstances of the two resorts.

Mike S and Kman101 like this.
  13. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

Yeah. There are times I've noticed miserable less than friendly castmembers at Disney, but lately I think they've perked up (be it forced or not but I notice it's improved) a bit. Universal teammembers seem a bit happier overall but I don't know that they necessarily go out of their way. I find them all to be fairly equal depending on heat, crowds, and days of the week, LOL

14. Casper Gutman

As I said in another thread, the biggest difference I noted was when travelling with a friend in a wheelchair - Uni cms were far more accommodating and familiar with load procedures. They seemed universally (no pun intended) ready and willing to help.

It is also my understanding (and this is hearsay, so anyone who knows more can correct me if I am nuts) that cms feel they are treated more generously by Uni than by Disney.

Cesar R M, maroonmol, brb1006 and 3 others like this.
  15. wdisney9000

wdisney9000 Well-Known Member

Anybody else having issues with MDE? I tried many times yesterday to make a few ADR's and grew tired of seeing Stitch every time the page attempted to load.

16. Dansr731

Dansr731 New Member

"Anybody else having issues with MDE? I tried many times yesterday to make a few ADR's and grew tired of seeingStitch every time the page attempted to load."

I was getting the same thing.

17. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

Many of the CMs/TMs work or have worked at both resorts.

At this point, I think they are pretty equal is terms of quality.

18. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I didn't attempt to use it yesterday but I notice when I'm actually in the World it goes SUPER slow. But when I'm not it works great ...

wdisney9000 likes this.
  19. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

Same here, The problem is even with increased attendance WDW keeps cutting back on CM's to the point where there are not enough CMs to do even the routine work.

The_Jobu likes this.
  20. LuvtheGoof

LuvtheGoof Proud DVC Member Premium Member

Yet they just hired over 1,000 NEW CMs at WDW. :confused: Please stop with the nonsense.