A Spirited Valentine ...

TalkingHead

Why isn't anyone talking up the post-fireworks projection show on the castle? I hadn't watched any videos of it and unexpectedly stumbled into it tonight and thought it was superb. Is it going away after the new show debuts in May?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why isn't anyone talking up the post-fireworks projection show on the castle? I hadn't watched any videos of it and unexpectedly stumbled into it tonight and thought it was superb. Is it going away after the new show debuts in May?

You mean Once Upon a Time?

It got the usual gnashing of teeth because it replaced something that was around long enough to get nostalgic over.

Insiders aren't sure of its longevity and speculate that it might not be around too long after HEA debuts. But, there's no solid rumors on solid decisions at this point.

Kman101

Just an observation from my visit last evening: it appears Disney is beginning to transition from the old style Magic Band/credit card machines to these. The black square space on the left is obviously where Guests can tap their bands, Apple/Andriod pay, and cards with wi-fi reading. Although there is a chip reader, its not active yet (go figure). Lastly, if you're using a card it actually works 100% better than the old devices; not once did I have to hand my card to the CM for them to swipe. Sorry if this was posted elsewhere :geek:
17505325_10210416662646962_4349697476071882752_o.jpg

GOOD! Their old machines were the WORST. Awful.

lazyboy97o

Just an observation from my visit last evening: it appears Disney is beginning to transition from the old style Magic Band/credit card machines to these. The black square space on the left is obviously where Guests can tap their bands, Apple/Andriod pay, and cards with wi-fi reading. Although there is a chip reader, its not active yet (go figure). Lastly, if you're using a card it actually works 100% better than the old devices; not once did I have to hand my card to the CM for them to swipe. Sorry if this was posted elsewhere :geek:
17505325_10210416662646962_4349697476071882752_o.jpg
These really should have been used from the start. The Mickey terminals never should have made it past quality controls.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I saw one site this week showed a UNI patent for a 'puzzle theater' ... just an FYI but that was for the main Zelda attraction for Nintendo Land (or whatever they will call it). Last I heard, it was not going to be built. But maybe it will be a Phase II deal or maybe it will be used for other properties. I've just seen the mockup for Zelda.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I know I have said it in other threads, but I HATE the IKEA look of the 'new' Copper Creek Villas at What Used To Be Disney's Wilderness Lodge. What turds. Truly. ... I have no idea what they were thinking. The resort is themed to NP Lodges and the absurd -- and likely quite costly -- convoluted new backstory by WDI is absurd and obscene to people who have loved the resort since 1994. People whine about the Poly's fountain -- and that was bad. But this is so many times worse.

In no way does this fit the resort or the theme. You could be almost anywhere with the decor of these rooms. I know it won't stop massive sales by the rubes (who still don't know the new resort near CBR coming).

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
People have been saying that the new DLP Illuminations show, that premiered tonight, is really 95% SDL's Ignite the Dream.

I'm not sure why they are surprised.

Much like having the MK's dragon as the highlight of their 25th anniversary parade. Or having Star Tours 2.0 and Hyperspace Mountain as the big 'additions'.

It's not that Disney is doing the 25th 'on the cheap' ... rather so much is being spent on making the place look sparkling, instead of neglected, that there just wasn't money allotted to do things the right way.

WDW1974

Original Poster
No, I never got an email from WDW announcing Pandoran Previews either.

Yes, I am a bit angry. Even though I wouldn't likely be able to attend.

I do think and feel entitled as someone who has had an AP since 1982-83 that myself (and all others like me) should always get first crack at things like this. It's called loyalty to your whales or manatees. It's a concept that Disney absolutely doesn't get.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I saw someone brought Eddie Sotto's last thread back from the dead (whatever happened to that supposed book he was penning with former blogger/D23 grunt from the hicks, Michael Crawford?) and was talking about Tony Baxter as he has been trotted out for DLP's 25th, which is appropriate.

I do have issues with people deifying the man, though. Having personal friends that he threw under the monorail -- and not for any good reason and his immaturity and personal demons will always cloud him to me, despite the fact that he was a very good Imagineer. I suppose I should just be happy that after meeting me for the first time six times in a row (and all in professional settings, no fanbois looking for autographs and photos and stories of Discovery Bay) he now knows who I am when he sees me.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Did you happen to notice that SDL is now charging for FP's (if you want to insure you'll have them)?

This is partially due to their inability to prevent people from selling them in the parks. They are also having a major issue with people coming in and selling all kinds of cheap Disney and knockoff merchandise in the park itself. And it doesn't appear that Philippe Gas and Co are getting much cooperation from their 'partners' to shut down these businesses.

The cost is sorta insane. I looked at them for my upcoming visit and it is basically $22 for ONE anytime FP on any FP attraction. And to have one go on every FP attraction is more pricey than the actual park ticket.

So, no, this isn't the answer at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom