1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

A Spirited Valentine ...

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by WDW1974, Feb 11, 2017.

1. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

The kind of detail that Disney USED to be known for.

Kman101, wdisney9000, brb1006 and 3 others like this.
  2. MotherOfBirds

MotherOfBirds Well-Known Member

A nighttime show is way past most of their bedtimes anyway.

3. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Well-Known Member

You should see the strollers during EMH

4. doctornick

doctornick Well-Known Member

I actually think Pandora at night is going to be big with kids (and adults). I mean, look at how well the light up junk they sell at the parades does -- you basically will have a whole land full of that kind of illumination. Also, there is supposed to be some sort of interactive elements in the land which may very well appeal to younger guests.

No one has mentioned Wilderness Explorers which is something else in the park that can engross children (not sure if that continues at night).

I don't disagree that the park could benefit from some additional calmer, no height restriction rides but at least NRJ is a step in the right direction.

I wouldn't be surprised if they add a dance party somewhere (perhaps the FOTLK theater) at night at some point for greater kiddie entertainment.

5. Phil12

Phil12 Well-Known Member

There are no sales, ownership or fee simple title in a DVC agreement. The entire property is still owned by Disney and they can use it anyway they desire at anytime. Ownership or use of DVC points has nothing to do with property ownership. DVC is a long term and very expensive property lease.

6. Angel Ariel

Angel Ariel Well-Known Member

Most families I know are more than willing to have a later night than usual (or a couple) on vacation. They tend to schedule the trip to fit those experiences in (either having a late start time that morning, or sleeping in the morning after). There's always plenty of preschool aged kids at Wishes and Illuminations.

twebber55 likes this.
  7. WDWTank

WDWTank Active Member

I like some ips in the park to create balance, but not if they're placed in the wrong location (or park). :)
    A good example of a properly used ip is Buzz lightyear in Tomorrowland. The Ride is not of book-report type; it only uses Buzz to instruct guests to defeat Evil Zurg and his minions. Plus, the Ride is EXTREMELY POPULAR! :) If it ain't broke, don't fix! ;)

MarkTwain and ford91exploder like this.
  8. the.dreamfinder

the.dreamfinder Well-Known Member

Or, more crucially, Chappie's ascension to SVP of P&R marks the culmination of the parks being seen as an ancillary product versus a unique offering in and of themselves.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  9. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Lol, more like fanboys :hilarious:
    Shows what they know about why Disneyland was built in the first place.
    The parks are their own IP.
    [​IMG]

Kman101, space42, wdisney9000 and 7 others like this.
  10. kpilcher

kpilcher Well-Known Member

Thanks!!!

11. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but there's an element of truth here. Certain classic attractions probably have better name recognition than some intellectual property counterparts. As a concept, what are people more familiar with Space Mountain or Tron? it's a small world or Frozen?

12. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

"Intellectual property counterparts" is still a nonsense distinction. The whole theme park experience, without film associations, is intellectual property. Copyright, trademarks and patents all apply. The constant misuse of the term 'IP' to refer to something external and distinct (namely cinema) only reinforces the idea that themed entertainment is a lesser medium.

13. the.dreamfinder

the.dreamfinder Well-Known Member

I think there is a conflation of franchises and Intellectual Property going on here.

14. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

You're arguing semantics when you know what I mean. When myself and others refer to Intellectual Property based attractions we are generally referring to movie based IP. The argument I was making is that some attractions that are free of movie based IP also carry with them their own IP that has value.

Something like "it's a small world" has more name recognition than Guardians of the Galaxy. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's a small world would move the needle in Epcot more than Guardians of the Galaxy, but it's at least something to consider.

Kman101, Furiated, Smooth and 4 others like this.
  15. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

Yes, I know what is meant but language gets imbued with meaning. It's theme park fans elevating movies above themed entertainment.

The term being used is also poor because it does not accurately reflect Disney's actions. It's not existing IPs that are mandated for the parks, but franchises.

16. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Not sarcasm. Just a bit of truth that would blow his mind considering he said "this isn't about IPs in IPs" when it actually kind of is.

17. ford91exploder

Which if you look at it logically this is the worst possible outcome.

HMF and Mike S like this.
  18. ford91exploder

DJ Raj over by Yak and Yeti doing Bhagra music actually is a lot of fun, Especially you have indian friends and if you have someone video your pathetic efforts... Or bring them WITH you and have a blast. You have not lived till you have attended an indian dance party!!!

Figments Friend likes this.
  19. ford91exploder

Frozen is not fair, I suspect there are WW II Japanese Imperial Army soldiers stuck in a south pacific jungle still fighting WW II who have heard of Frozen or at least 'Let it Go'.

njDizFan likes this.
  20. Rteetz

Rteetz Well-Known Member

Just found out in my ongoing research that former Imagineering head Bruce Vaughn is now CEO of a Virtual Reality company Dreamscape.

BrianLo, maroonmol, brb1006 and 2 others like this.