A Spirited Perfect Ten

Mike S

It's official

Volcano Bay at Universal Orlando Resort will be a Water Theme Park Built on a Bold Creative Vision
All one needs to do is read this to know the difference between Disney and Universal (if they haven't already gotten the hint). This part stands out the most,
Universal’s Volcano Bay is the next in a series of boldly creative experiences that have opened and will continue to open at Universal Orlando. It began with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade in 2010 and quickly moved to Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, Springfield, hometown to America’s favorite animated family, The Simpsons, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, eight new venues at Universal CityWalk, the breathtaking Cabana Bay Beach Resort and more. It will include Skull Island: Reign of Kong and Loews Sapphire Falls Resort in 2016.

And then - in 2017 - will come Universal's Volcano Bay.
I'm surprised they left out Transformers.

Captain Chaos

Kong, Mako, Cobra's Curse, and now Volcano Bay.

Your move Mickey.
Today, at 11:05 AM The Walt Disney Company has announced, coming in 2017, water themed magic bands. "The Magic Bands are the next greatest thing for theme park goers," said Tom Staggs. "We are receiving such high praise from our customers. They tell us they love stressing out over booking rides 60 days in advance, and breaking their fine china when their little princess is shut out of meeting Elsa and Anna cause they weren't fast enough to book a FP. We have also heard extremely positive feedback from cardiologists. Their business has increased 100% due to all the heart attacks WDW's guests are having due to the stress we have placed on them with regards to booking vacations. I suspect we'll be receiving even more positive news from hospitals across the nation as their emergency rooms fill up with heart attack and stroke victims, all clutching their laptops while visiting WDW's my magic webpages. Our guests do not want highly themed lands or entertainment anymore. They shun Potter World or whatever that place in Orlando is called. They want MAGIC BANDS!!! They want to go into debt paying for triple bypass!!!! They want WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!!!"

JediMasterMatt

I love days like today around these parts. When the "competition" gets to step into the spotlight and rile up the fans.

WDW Parks News, Rumors, and Current Events - the most popular forum on the site. It's where everyone comes to have their dreams squashed.

WDW Parks News - rarely is of consequence and usually is negative in connotation.
WDW Parks Rumors - where hopes are born and are left to die on the vine.
WDW Current Events - closures and disappointments with the occasional celebration of a new upcharge event

Ah... I love this place.

I just come for the drama and humor. The WDW we've collectively created in this forum is infinitely more interesting than the current state of the resort.

Nothing is going to change at WDW until it has to. We will continue to live with "something" new every so often because we've let the resort get away with it for so long, there is no need to change until Burbank sees an impact to their pocket books. Neglect has been working just fine for them.

I'm quite ashamed that I'm heading back to O-town next week instead of heading to Anaheim. If it wasn't for my niece never having been to WDW, I would've have taken her back there. Oh well, we are going to spend a couple of days at Universal. Can't beat a $230 room at Portofino in the summer season. Thanks annual pass.

All one needs to do is read this to know the difference between Disney and Universal (if they haven't already gotten the hint). This part stands out the most,

I'm surprised they left out Transformers.

Everything you need to know in a nutshell - an E-ticket simply forgotten in the shuffle. Who can blame them? They've had so many things to trumpet over the last few years. Maybe it's because Transformers got built in less time than the Hub refurb - it just didn't stick in their memory?

Cesar R M

Pandora at DAK is a thing because Bob Iger's huge ego (the one people will ignorantly say he is keeping in check in China) was dinged badly by JK Rowling going over to UNI with her Potter project, and UNI blowing it out of the park with Hogsmeade at IOA.

He needed something badly to ''show those guys who's No. 1'' and he had no faith in any of his company's huge library of IP. So, he wound up thinking that Avatar, which was pretty much history by mid-2011 anyway, would be the answer. And he rushed and signed a deal ... and then watched as no one could figure out how to make it work.

Now, we're about 18 months away from the opening and there is no buzz whatsoever. There's likely more people in the Disney Twitverse talking about what may be coming to Pixar Place than talking Pandora. This thing has to be great. If it is, then no one will care about the IP it comes from. If it isn't, then this will be a huge failure. I believe it will be very, very good.
funny that after so many years.. he still has nothing to show of his "potter swatter" project.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Lunchtime Corrections/Additions:

No, I shouldn't post late at night, even though that seems to be the only time that I have right now.

First, a correction. Pandora won't be open in 18 months. Don't know how, but I sorta lost track of the year. Pandora will debut in late 2017 (think before the Christmas rush). Since 24 months would place us in June of 2017, we're still looking at about 29-30 months from right now.

And, yes, I fully expect Volcano Bay to be open and amazing as well as Kong etc at UNI well before we get to play with those blue alien sex kitties.

Now, a bit more on Tomorrowland that I don't feel I articulated well. I think the film sorta went in on itself a bit in the third act. While the ending was neat, as I called it last night, it came at a price. The film sets up what the problem is with 'us' early on and what we really need (HINT: It's IMAGINATION ... it's dreaming and doing ... it's making the world a better place for us all) and then in the end ... well, they do the exact same thing that doomed Tomorrowland (the place) from the start, but we're also supposed to believe things will be different this time around because the 'leaders' are better. There's just a lot that falls apart in the end if you start to think about. ... Someone still needs to tell me, if Hugh Laurie's character is supposed to be human or not, because I've read reviews that suggest both and I left the film thinking he was based upon those chocolate shakes he's been drinking (see: if T-land was able to slow aging and help people live longer, then I would have liked to know.) Too many loose ends. And I liked the movie and wanted to ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom