A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

There are 3 prime spots in Magic Kingdom that can be used for new E Tickets without having to remove anything except a backstage parking lot if they were willing to do it.

One in Adventureland
View attachment 93908

And two in Tomorrowland
View attachment 93909 View attachment 93911

I say move it to DHS. Then we can finally have an actual reason for this being in the park as more than just a reference. I really liked the ride in DL, very fun.
View attachment 93913 View attachment 93914
I could enjoy an original ride too.
View attachment 93915

Wrong Kingdom, Mike. Look 3000 miles west. They're discussing Disneyland without properly labeling it as such..... which I love to point out, since this is a WDW forum after all.

Alas, I am all for a Roger Rabbit Revival at DHS.

Mike S

Wrong Kingdom, Mike. Look 3000 miles west. They're discussing Disneyland without properly labeling it as such..... which I love to point out, since this is a WDW forum after all.

Alas, I am all for a Roger Rabbit Revival at DHS.
Just saw now. First it was DL then he talked about MK. Threw me off I guess. The point I made is still accurate. MK has plenty of space before having to chop out the Speedway.

Goofyernmost

Amen sister! I'm staring down the big 40 in a few days. :cry: 40 is the new 30. ;)
Run down the road to denial all you care to if it makes you feel better, but, 40 is 40. It isn't a new anything. Sorry, I had to hit you folks with that reality. Even at the better rate of life expectancy it is still middle age. Which is alright because I'm not sure why anyone would want to live past 80 anyway.

On the same line... Reese is that same age as my youngest daughter, but, I still think of her (Reese, not my daughter) as age appropriate. Some denials are hard to get out of our systems. Something for you guys to look forward too though is that by my age you can no longer be charged with sexual assault. You can, however, be charged with "Assault with a Dead Weapon". Be careful out there! Bonus points for anyone that can name that reference.

Cody5294

Saw "Tomorrowland." B-/C+ at best.

Reviews/Criticism inside the SPOILER TAG! (Which everyone should use, especially if you reply to this)

Right off the bat, Damon Lindelhof - of "Lost" fame - cowrote and produced this. So if you enjoy being messed with, Your kinda film.

For a film that calls itself "Tomorrowland," we barely spend 10 minutes in the place. Its a place where all the dreamers of the world can come together and do all sorts of cool inventing & futurist stuff.

Act 1 is the basic introduction to the characters & all sorts of random easter eggs for the hardcore Disney fans and a glimpse at Tomorrowland. Act 2 is "We have to go back" ... and people are trying to kills us, without any exposition why or exactly what Tomorrowland is or really WHY theyre out for blood. Act 3 is rather short, and does the "We have to save the world - and this is why" and "Saving Ex Machina" occuring within 15 minutes of one another.

Frank (Clooney) is essentially the 'get off my lawn' archetype while Casey (Britt Robertson) is the opposite, where anything is possible. Athena (Raffey Cassidy) plays the mysterious young girl that connects the two.

I likes the themes of the movie, Making the world a better place, dreaming, inventing, etc. The execution falls very short. It didnt flow and I really didnt get emotionally involved whatsoever. The pacing is pretty bad. The action scenes are cool. Decent character development in the opening act but the total lack of exposition and exploration of Tomorrowland as a location just killed it for me.

My favorite part of the film? Keegan-Michael Kay. Dude made me laugh.

But seeing this immediately after the Star Wars Trailer? Total let down.
B- is what I would give it. My biggest problem with it like you said is that I never felt emotionally involved with it. It was a fun adventure film but Brad Bird sure let me down. Kind of glad he didn't do Star Wars episode 7 after seeing Tomorrowland

OSUgirl77

I understand the issue (Why they close ToonTown early)... Perhaps relocating the firing position of the pyro would work... I have no expertise in that area. I will say that it's not much area to work with. The cast building and monorail support takes up space behind IASW building. There is maintenance and storage behind the Town Mountain skyline. Height issues abound in that part of the park. Its a really small area... That might land 1 new attraction and 1 re-purposed (Roger) You won't get anything that needs a big footprint...More screens....

Also, why have Star Tours all the way across the park? Again odd.... As much as I would love to keep Tomorrowland and have it realize it's name, there isn't the will it seems.

*1023*
I suppose Star Wars would be better than leaving DL's current Tomorrowland to rot. I still don't like it though...

tirian

OK, Spirited minds want to know: where did you go? What did you see/do? And, most importantly, did you enjoy the trip?
I traveled to several cities across America. It was for business, not pleasure, but there sure are more things to do in this country than theme parks. ;) Of course with summer coming up, everyone was talking about "vacation," and every single person going to Central Florida was heading to Harry Potter. Sometimes it was in addition to Disney, and sometimes it was exclusively Uni, but it always involved Potter.

I WANT Disney to be the best in the business again. It's just not happening right now. Over the last couple of weeks, I talked to people from many Fortune 100 companies. Anecdotally, WDW has no buzz in mainstream American culture. Vacationers seem to be excited about Uni and visiting WDW out of duty.

Last edited:

tirian

I suppose Star Wars would be better than leaving DL's current Tomorrowland to rot. I still don't like it though...
DL's current Tomorrowland is a disaster. I was there in February. That area makes the MK's TL resemble a thematic masterpiece.

Edit: and if you think about it, the MK's Tomorrowland '94 and DLP's original Discoveryland probably were the best versions that ever existed.

lazyboy97o

Thanks @MKCP 1985! Yup, absolutely fair to view it that way. Nothing wrong with waiting further and putting even more pieces together. There are certainly enough facts out there though to give one pause as to Disney's agreement with China even with the absence of Bob being seen on site. The CCP is not in this for the benefit of Disney, but for the benefit of the CCP and will always be viewed as such by the party itself. Potential missing money, vast delays in construction, a seeming inability of the head of Disney himself to manage even the PR side...all curious. Some of my job is finding missing pieces to intellectual puzzles and I see enough smoke out there to be at least interesting. But again, totally fair to wait further, just depends on where you fall in the skepticism spectrum. Will be interesting to see what @WDW1974 can put out further. I'll be waiting in the shadows with the other minions.
A Disney park going over budget is nothing new or unusual. Disneyland went over budget. Walt Disney World Phase I went over budget. EPCOT Center went over budget. Euro Disbeyland went over budget. Even the less fleshed out parks went over. MyMagic+ went over budget. It is how Disney operates.

Delays from correcting shoddy construction is evidence against a dead relationship. It is evidence of greater control from Disney. Construction issues and delays caused by them also happen in the swamps of Central Florida.

flynnibus

Premium Member
In the future... bringing your music with you is a bit tougher. But if you are a baddie... make sure you bring your own soundtrack with you

62454542.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom