A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

I think Ohana is down to 3 meats

As far as the new hub my old pal Scarlett gave me the best reason to plan a visit to WDW based on the new design.
this is Correct I think, in my February trip there were only 1 beef, 1 pork and chicken.
plus the appetizers (noodle salad, salad, wings and breaded thingies)
and I also had a bit of a bad time at Ohana.
3 times they gave me severely undercooked beef.

The good thing is, one of the main waiters (captain?) took note on it, and the last 2 times they were properly cooked.

Cesar R M

I heard they dropped the turkey but did manage to raise the price.;) So all is good for the bottom line.
BUT DISNEY IS A BUSINESS!!!!!!
trollanface.jpg

You're alone on this feeling man. The Hub already looks better than it has in the last 10+ years since they removed the big trees.

You're alone on this feeling man.
:hilarious:

You clearly have been skipping a lot of threads in this forum alone.

CaptainAmerica

BUT DISNEY IS A BUSINESS!!!!!!
You mocking people saying "Disney is a business" has become as tedious as people saying "Disney is a business." Further, sometimes "Disney is a business" is a legitimate explanation for things. I agree that it's overused, but it's just as lazy to dismiss it offhand as it is to use it as a go-to for everything.

He's not alone, It is a concrete wasteland all for the sake of 30 minutes at night.
Enough with the hyperbole. When you throw around crap like "concrete wasteland," you lose a lot of credibility to what can often be very reasonable criticism.

When has a concrete parking lot ever looked better than trees, water and real grass?
I'd rather be able to sit and stand on fake grass than be crammed into too-narrow walkways in order to preserve the real stuff.

You act like there's no landscaping in the new space. There's loads of flowers, shrubbery, bushes, etc. Shrubs and bushes are a perfectly appropriate design choice over tall trees when sight lines are an issue.

The moat is still there so I'm not sure what that one is about.

dizneycrazy09

You mocking people saying "Disney is a business" has become as tedious as people saying "Disney is a business." Further, sometimes "Disney is a business" is a legitimate explanation for things. I agree that it's overused, but it's just as lazy to dismiss it offhand as it is to use it as a go-to for everything.

Enough with the hyperbole. When you throw around crap like "concrete wasteland," you lose a lot of credibility to what can often be very reasonable criticism.

I'd rather be able to sit and stand on fake grass than be crammed into too-narrow walkways in order to preserve the real stuff.

You act like there's no landscaping in the new space. There's loads of flowers, shrubbery, bushes, etc. Shrubs and bushes are a perfectly appropriate design choice over tall trees when sight lines are an issue.

All very good points. When I think of a concrete wasteland in terms of MK, I think about the parking lot, not the beautifully redesigned hub. I wonder how few people who refer to it as such have actually seen it in person...

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
(Limited) Spirited Weekend Musings:

Why limited? Because they're worth more ... ya know like those 5,000 'first day' Sam's tiki mugs.

No, I really don't have much to say about that because the whole 'Tikis Is Kewl' movement amongst Florida fanbois appears to be a very recent move over the past 4-6 years, much like the Orange Bird. I've always loved 'tiki culture' but it is a decidely west coast phenonemon in my travels that seems to have been 'borrowed' by the bois in the swamps. I guess it's fine ... who are they harming? (Likely no one beyond guests at the Poly who won't be able to get in past all the bloggers, podcasters and Lifestylers).

Task Angie gave me for the weekend: put tinfoil on my Mouse Ears and snap a pic or two (tasteful nudes, naturally!)

Oh, another Walking Dead blink and you'll miss it season is ending tonight. Well, just one less hour to occupy myself with.

To all of you folks who totally do not get the complexity of dealing with Chinese contractors, you know like Bob Iger, Tom Staggs and Chapie have to do in Shanghai, I'd read about the now twice delayed Baha Mar huge resort development on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. The Miami Herald had a piece the other day and there are others out there. That's for the 2.6 readers here who think Bob delayed the opening to 2016 to get a bounce from it.

Weather is so beautiful that I almost think I'm back in California. Then, I look around at the people ... and ... yeah.

Back to the Grog Grotto, having one potentially (because I haven't see it yet) cool bar does not in any way make up for the wholesale destruction of one of the classic parts of WDW. It's sad that fanboi Twits can't see that as they line up to eBay merchandise if they couldn't be there themsleves. Sorry, the thematics don't win out over the destruction.

So, another Spring Break season at WDW, another year with absolutely nothing new.

Did you see last night's very funny SNL hosted by The Rock? I loved the live action Bambi that Disney has coming out next year! Great stuff!!!

Sorry, but that's about it ... don't have time now and in the mood for fro-yo.

I post this from Paradise Island and I can say I've seen a few Disney Lifestylers the other day at the Atlantis after DCL rolled in.

Nubs70

Why limited? Because they're worth more ... ya know like those 5,000 'first day' Sam's tiki mugs.

No, I really don't have much to say about that because the whole 'Tikis Is Kewl' movement amongst Florida fanbois appears to be a very recent move over the past 4-6 years, much like the Orange Bird. I've always loved 'tiki culture' but it is a decidely west coast phenonemon in my travels that seems to have been 'borrowed' by the bois in the swamps. I guess it's fine ... who are they harming? (Likely no one beyond guests at the Poly who won't be able to get in past all the bloggers, podcasters and Lifestylers).

Task Angie gave me for the weekend: put tinfoil on my Mouse Ears and snap a pic or two (tasteful nudes, naturally!)

Oh, another Walking Dead blink and you'll miss it season is ending tonight. Well, just one less hour to occupy myself with.

To all of you folks who totally do not get the complexity of dealing with Chinese contractors, you know like Bob Iger, Tom Staggs and Chapie have to do in Shanghai, I'd read about the now twice delayed Baha Mar huge resort development on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. The Miami Herald had a piece the other day and there are others out there. That's for the 2.6 readers here who think Bob delayed the opening to 2016 to get a bounce from it.

Weather is so beautiful that I almost think I'm back in California. Then, I look around at the people ... and ... yeah.

Back to the Grog Grotto, having one potentially (because I haven't see it yet) cool bar does not in any way make up for the wholesale destruction of one of the classic parts of WDW. It's sad that fanboi Twits can't see that as they line up to eBay merchandise if they couldn't be there themsleves. Sorry, the thematics don't win out over the destruction.

So, another Spring Break season at WDW, another year with absolutely nothing new.

Did you see last night's very funny SNL hosted by The Rock? I loved the live action Bambi that Disney has coming out next year! Great stuff!!!

Sorry, but that's about it ... don't have time now and in the mood for fro-yo.
On the topic of Baha Mar and the privilege to partner with (for) Chinese Investors.

It appears that being a minority partner with Chinese investors will gain you the opportunity to a vast potential market.

The downside is that they will call the shots combine this with the cultural behavior of "saving face" and, as minority partner, you gain the obligation to pay for the majority partners mistake in order to retain the opportunity to tap a vast potential market.

Could this be where the $800 MM went? A little forensic accounting may answer that question.

asianway

I post this from Paradise Island and I can say I've seen a few Disney Lifestylers the other day at the Atlantis after DCL rolled in.
How are the crowds? I just can't see how Baha Mar is going to bring new business to Nassau-just cannibalize Atlantis and then both properties suffer.

SJN1279

The Seven Dwarves Mine Train and Frozen Sing-A-Long were not open last year for Spring Break, so I count two new attractions(unless I'm missing something).

Funmeister

Because the elements that were removed complimented each other overall than being just a moat for the sake of 30 minute sight lines. You cannot deny that the hub lost some charm and character with the redevelopment.

So with the new hub "expansion" do you think the company will justify cutting the fireworks to one showing a night since there is more capacity?

Cesar R M

Because the elements that were removed complimented each other overall than being just a moat for the sake of 30 minute sight lines. You cannot deny that the hub lost some charm and character with the redevelopment.

So with the new hub "expansion" do you think the company will justify cutting the fireworks to one showing a night since there is more capacity?
Id honestly think the HUB was its drawbacks and its pros.

It helps the flow a lot, others already have said it.
There was no problem to move around.. when usually its a nightmare to move during the hours nearby the night shows and parade.
The fountains looks good too, and so do the flower beds.

The bad are the weird unthemed lamps, the huge empty areas with no real trees and the color of the "grass" (isnt it a bit too bright green? looks kinda funky when you compare the real vegetation vs the plastic grass)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom