A Spirited Perfect Ten

Arthur Wellesley

Twitter as been abuzz with this story lately:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...ega-chinese-promotional-poster_n_8723198.html

Disney releases it's Chinese movie poster for The Force Awakens. Pretty similar to the U.S. / UK version...minus the fact all minority roles (plus one Wookie) have been removed completely. Also one of the main characters (Finn) does not appear so "main" in the Chinese version.

Is this another example of something over nothing? Or is there more to this?

PhotoDave219

It has fans?

Yes, there are some people who are hardcore Captain Eo fans.

I love that its Coppala & Lucas and Angelica Houston. What I hate is the kiddification of the characters by Lucas. You can really see the influence of what would become Jar Jar and all the other annoying, kiddy, dumbing down of Star Wars in the prequels take their roots within that film.

truecoat

Yes, there are some people who are hardcore Captain Eo fans.

I love that its Coppala & Lucas and Angelica Houston. What I hate is the kiddification of the characters by Lucas. You can really see the influence of what would become Jar Jar and all the other annoying, kiddy, dumbing down of Star Wars in the prequels take their roots within that film.

It was going into a Disney park. You don't think Michael had some influence on the characters as well? Not sure it's all Lucas' fault.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom