A Spirited Perfect Ten

BrerJon

Orlando's "war" isn't about where you spend your days. The real war is over who you are sleeping with at night.

I think the way to really hammer Disney on that is to kill their main perk. You can't do much about EMH, but you can about transportation. Despite the extra price you pay to stay in a Disney hotel being way more than a taxi fare, many people pay the extra mainly for the bus system.

So let's say Universal starts running *free* buses from their hotels (but only for hotel guests), every half hour to all the Disney parks, Sea World and Disney Springs. Not the unreliable shuttles that exist now, but a proper bus system like Disney has, shuttling people between the parks.

It seems counterintuitive, as they're giving guests a free pass to spend money elsewhere, but I bet most guests would end up doing fewer Disney days than if they'd been onsite with the mouse, but would also encourage more 'Disney onlys' to give Universal a try, so in the long run it would be a sensible, if crazy sounding, investment.

lazyboy97o

I think the way to really hammer Disney on that is to kill their main perk. You can't do much about EMH, but you can about transportation. Despite the extra price you pay to stay in a Disney hotel being way more than a taxi fare, many people pay the extra mainly for the bus system.

So let's say Universal starts running *free* buses from their hotels (but only for hotel guests), every half hour to all the Disney parks, Sea World and Disney Springs. Not the unreliable shuttles that exist now, but a proper bus system like Disney has, shuttling people between the parks.

It seems counterintuitive, as they're giving guests a free pass to spend money elsewhere, but I bet most guests would end up doing fewer Disney days than if they'd been onsite with the mouse, but would also encourage more 'Disney onlys' to give Universal a try, so in the long run it would be a sensible, if crazy sounding, investment.
At best, Universal would only be able to offer service to the Transportation and Ticket Center and maybe Disney Springs. That leaves two parks, including the one with Star Wars, a monorail/ferry and second bus ride away. Not really a sellable perk.

John

At best, Universal would only be able to offer service to the Transportation and Ticket Center and maybe Disney Springs. That leaves two parks, including the one with Star Wars, a monorail/ferry and second bus ride away. Not really a sellable perk.

I agree, but what they could do is sit down with Mears and have a........come to Jesus meeting.....and see what they can make work. Mears is the one who stands to make a bus load of money from all of this expansion talk. Transportation is the key any visit to central Florida. I know Uni has started a service from MCO.....but they really need to step up their game if they want to build a third gate. Maybe start their own transportation service such a Disney has. Uni/Comcast has to decide at some point do they really want to go after market share or just be the little brother of the vacation destination game. IMO they have come this far.....they should just go.....all in. Go big or go home.

lazyboy97o

I agree, but what they could do is sit down with Mears and have a........come to Jesus meeting.....and see what they can make work. Mears is the one who stands to make a bus load of money from all of this expansion talk. Transportation is the key any visit to central Florida. I know Uni has started a service from MCO.....but they really need to step up their game if they want to build a third gate. Maybe start their own transportation service such a Disney has. Uni/Comcast has to decide at some point do they really want to go after market share or just be the little brother of the vacation destination game. IMO they have come this far.....they should just go.....all in. Go big or go home.
The locations will put Universal into direct competition with the existing transit option, the I-Ride Trolley. Given the needs for regulatory approval it might be wiser of Universal to play nice with the neighbors and invest in improving their existing system.

PhotoDave219

In other news ESPN pulled Navy QB Keenan Reynolds from Heisman voting because he was 'doing too well',

Is it any wonder ESPN's ratings are going down. Imagine a Heisman trophy winner who can actually do calculus and can read and write at college level. ESPN's soft racism of low expectations of college athletes of color is showing. Guess they don't want a Heisman winner who can perform intellectually at a college level as well as play ball at a college level.

TWDC never ceases to disgust me these days on many levels.

Wait whaaaa?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Wait whaaaa?

Cliff notes version, Navy QB was in the lead for the vote by a huge margin, ESPN's 'Panel of Experts' took him off the voting (being Navy probably the only QB in the voting who could read, write and cipher at the college level).

Guess he was not the 'annointed' candidate chosen in advance by ESPN... it shows the mendacity so typical of Disney operations these days, If the feedback is not what management wants to hear - change the questions

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The Star Wars merch train has made a stop at my college bookstore

12342536_10206688930855997_7574064952379223204_n.jpg

The question is how much followed you home :)

PhotoDave219

Cliff notes version, Navy QB was in the lead for the vote by a huge margin, ESPN's 'Panel of Experts' took him off the voting (being Navy probably the only QB in the voting who could read, write and cipher at the college level).

Guess he was not the 'annointed' candidate chosen in advance by ESPN... it shows the mendacity so typical of Disney operations these days, If the feedback is not what management wants to hear - change the questions

That doesn't disqualify him from the ballot....

NearTheEars

Nope but now to vote for him you need a convoluted manual process. Everyday TWDC comes up with a new way to be disgusting examples of the worst of corporate america.

Good thing this is all over just one vote because this is mostly a non story.

I also find your assumptions of their reading levels laughable, and quite offensive to the candidates.

Derrick Henry is a business major.
Deshaun Watson was an All-ACC Academic selection in 2015.
Christian McCaffrey GOES TO STANFORD.
Baker Mayfield is a business major.
Dalvin Cook studies social science (I might give you him though, as he's had some off the field issues)
Leonard Fournette is a Human Science and Education major.
Ezekiel Elliot was named a scholar athlete by The Ohio State University.

What I would like to know is if other names have dropped off the list periodically but gone unnoticed.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Good thing this is all over just one vote because this is mostly a non story.

I also find your assumptions of their reading levels laughable, and quite offensive to the candidates.

Derrick Henry is a business major.
Deshaun Watson was an All-ACC Academic selection in 2015.
Christian McCaffrey GOES TO STANFORD.
Baker Mayfield is a business major.
Dalvin Cook studies social science (I might give you him though, as he's had some off the field issues)
Leonard Fournette is a Human Science and Education major.
Ezekiel Elliot was named a scholar athlete by The Ohio State University.

What I would like to know is if other names have dropped off the list periodically but gone unnoticed.

Out of those Candidates I would bet that only Christian McCaffrey is carrying a real academic load because Stanford is about academics not football.

Personally I think that most college athletes should be paid because they are there to play football not to earn a degree, and all the big conferences have 'special' academic programs for their Football/Basketballl programs.

I blame the NFL for this in that the 'draft' encourages players to leave college early for a spot in the NFL. If the player had to GRADUATE and/or wait till they would normally graduate perhaps education would be more emphasized than athletics.

I would also like to see whether that voting is a moving target.

brb1006

Another dance party is being held at Hollywood Studios called "Holidays Happens Here" where guests can dance with rare characters such as Robin Hood and Sebastian.
http://www./2015/12/new-holidays-ha...-rare-disney-characters-at-walt-disney-world/

Cesar R M

after getting thieved by a Mears cab and then seeing the prices of ubber.. I think ill pass on MEARS now lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom