A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

rael ramone

Soup n salad Sandy did an article giving exposure to the various lifestyler rackets who charge you to get a dining reservation. Question is-will that improve their sales or get them shut down?

Depends on how big this story goes is my guess. Needless to say they want the reservation system to be thought of as being there strictly for 'the benefit of the guest' and not about using the system to staff the eateries with the bare minimum staff

TeddyinMO

Tom Staggs spoke to the Merrill Lynch 2015 Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference this morning and touched on many of the topics that have been speculated on here and the other boards. Another site that I don't think I can link to has a great rundown, but some highlights (courtesy of that site):
- Disney is and will continue to repurchase stock to benefit shareholders and upped their plans during recent downturn
- Disney's not worried about Shanghai despite China economy because it is a long-term investment and more than 330 million "income qualified" residents live within a 3 hour drive of park.
- Disney also is considering future expansion in China beyond Shanghai
- Star Wars Land construction will start in 2016 for both parks! Both SW lands will feature a cantina and allow guests to pilot the Millennium Falcon. He would not give an opening date, of course.
- Toy Story Land will open before Star Wars (no surprise, but first time I've heard that mentioned by Disney)
- Disney is working on more Marvel projects beyond Hong Kong, but not ready to disclose
- Disney has 11 franchise with over $1 billion in retail sales

truecoat

Yes, it was Kraft.

I'm keeping my eye out for SW themed feminine hygiene products.

Like this one?

SWtampax.jpg

Goofyernmost

That can partially be attributed to the culture in Japan, they just love order and respect. Portions of the US and other countries that travel to Disneyworld not so much.
I would guess that you never stood in line waiting to buy a ticket for the bullet train. Tiny little, very old people would sooner knock you down and run you over then to let you "stay" in front of them. Push, shove and jump in front of you was my experience. I'm not buying the culture crap. I wasn't offended by it, but, I sure wouldn't have given it any peace prize either. They weren't a truly evil, mean and ruthless people during WW2, because their polite and respectful nature was showing though.

Nubs70

I would guess that you never stood in line waiting to buy a ticket for the bullet train. Tiny little, very old people would sooner knock you down and run you over then to let you "stay" in front of them. Push, shove and jump in front of you was my experience. I'm not buying the culture crap. I wasn't offended by it, but, I sure wouldn't have given it any peace prize either. They weren't a truly evil, mean and ruthless people during WW2, because their polite and respectful nature was showing though.
This type of behavior can also be found with the older generation of women in Europe, particular in Germany. If you find yourself in a buffet line between two elderly woman, watch out. The sweet little old lady had moves,that would put Claude Lemuix to shame. This behavior developed as a result of WWII due to the vast number of makes that died or never made it back leaving the women to fend for themselves as single head of household in a destroyed society.

lazyboy97o

Never seen anything like that in any queue, be it for Shinkansen tickets, waiting or a train or waiting for ride at Tokyo Disney Resort.

TalkingHead

Since television is one of the hundred beloved subjects in Spirits threads...

I'm intrigued by Colbert's new Late Show. Tonight felt like he's hitting his stride. It seems like he's trying to do thoughtful interviews which is welcome -- I keep thinking he wants the interviews to be more substantive like what Tom Snyder or Dick Cavett used to do. I'm not sure that'll work in the long run, but I'm eager to see him try it.

But one thing's clear from the first few episodes: Colbert would never cut it at ABC or NBC. He's like the complete opposite of what a Disney/Comcast talk show host needs to be. Not sure he'd welcome being a brand spokesman above all else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom