A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In other news - The list of cancellations at ABC

Did anyone else notice that ABC was cancelling long running highly rated shows like Castle (which by the way bring in the highest ad rates) and keeping the low budget crap, And bringing on stuff like 'Battlebots' which are cheap to produce (note I LIKE Battlebots but that does not change the fact that it only costs a couple hundred thousand per episode).

Yeah Disney keeps spending like a healthy company NOT!, Keep telling us that but the actions across all lines of business don't mirror that fact and the 'lack of' cash on hand tells another story.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
In other news - The list of cancellations at ABC

Did anyone else notice that ABC was cancelling long running highly rated shows like Castle (which by the way bring in the highest ad rates) and keeping the low budget crap, And bringing on stuff like 'Battlebots' which are cheap to produce (note I LIKE Battlebots but that does not change the fact that it only costs a couple hundred thousand per episode).

Yeah Disney keeps spending like a healthy company NOT!, Keep telling us that but the actions across all lines of business don't mirror that fact and the 'lack of' cash on hand tells another story.

The bad part of Battlebots is it's only a Summer replacement and only a few episodes at that....they only cover the heavyweights...unlike the good old days.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The bad part of Battlebots is it's only a Summer replacement and only a few episodes at that....they only cover the heavyweights...unlike the good old days.

Yes back on Comedy Central - The good old days indeed , I actually went to a few competitions and enjoyed them you could smell the burning electronics from defeated battlebots.

betty rose

This really makes me want to bash my head into the wall.

But you know that? It's all good. Really. It's ok. If I can still afford Disney in a few years (at the way they're raising prices, I don't know if my meager paycheck will suffice) I'm fully planning on a California vacation anyhow.

They don't wanna speed it up in WDW, fine. I'll go elsewhere.
Hubby just cancelled our planned trip to Disney in October. We are taking a cruise, on an Oasis Class ship. It was refurbished in 2014. The room cost from 2014 to today, increase of 100.00$ for the entire week. Disney's increases are astoundingly, high. For much less. We are going elsewhere. Not waiting for Disney to become magical again. I'm in the retired class.

lazyboy97o

But since HKDL is opening park + some expansions.. does that make SDL the 'right size' for a new park? Not overbuilt, not under built ?
The park has always anticipated far larger attendance. It is only the right size because it retains the "Chinese don't like rides" concept that was also pushed with Hong Kong Disneyland and that Disney keeps trying to drive down attractions per guest per hour.

Lack of indoor plumbing is not charming. I'll take a pass on that.
Indoor plumbing and squat toilets are not mutually exclusive.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The park has always anticipated far larger attendance. It is only the right size because it retains the "Chinese don't like rides" concept that was also pushed with Hong Kong Disneyland and that Disney keeps trying to drive down attractions per guest per hour.

Indoor plumbing and squat toilets are not mutually exclusive.

I didn't say there was none, I said there was a lack.

GrumpyFan

Actually, I can. Sometimes I am willing to put it all out there ... other times ... well, I've been hinting at Golden Oak and how 'odd' some of its home 'owners' are since at least 2013 when I toured the place. The information IS out there. No, it isn't easy to find. But it also isn't particularly difficult ... and the O-Sentinel should have written about this years ago (but never will, rest assured).

So, I'll keep teasing and you can be bothered, enjoy it or don't care and it makes no difference to me at all ... and please don't take this personally, I'm asked about this quite a bit. I just wish others were good at playing connect the dots ...

upload_2016-5-13_10-14-43.jpeg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Actually, I can. Sometimes I am willing to put it all out there ... other times ... well, I've been hinting at Golden Oak and how 'odd' some of its home 'owners' are since at least 2013 when I toured the place. The information IS out there. No, it isn't easy to find. But it also isn't particularly difficult ... and the O-Sentinel should have written about this years ago (but never will, rest assured).

So, I'll keep teasing and you can be bothered, enjoy it or don't care and it makes no difference to me at all ... and please don't take this personally, I'm asked about this quite a bit. I just wish others were good at playing connect the dots ...

So I'm going to take a wild guess at this and I don't expect any reply of affirmative or not, just throwing it out there.

Some of the Golden Oak residences are owned by wealthy middle-easterners with questionable ties....that's my guess

hopemax

The new targeted demographic is now the "Wall Street Dads" according to a few insiders. All your comments apply in spades

After all of Spirit's hints about who has taken up residence at Golden Oak, this was my conclusion from looking at the buyers. I'm not sure what the property records are supposed to reveal in terms of possible intelligence alphabet soup, but so far it seems like a lot of investor/real estate types, an Italian singer and a NASCAR driver.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom