A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Disney Analyst

image.jpeg
At the beach since 530 PST, currently 730. 2.5 hours to go until the USA presents their fireworks entry in the Celebration of Light here in Vancouver, produced by Disney and Brent Cicotti himself. Hearing reports of music from pirates, Lone Ranger, little mermaid, lion king and more. Will be 25 minutes long. Will post a review. Here's our view! Expecting 500,000 people.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
View attachment 154092 At the beach since 530 PST, currently 730. 2.5 hours to go until the USA presents their fireworks entry in the Celebration of Light here in Vancouver, produced by Disney and Brent Cicotti himself. Hearing reports of music from pirates, Lone Ranger, little mermaid, lion king and more. Will be 25 minutes long. Will post a review. Here's our view! Expecting 500,000 people.

Awesome.

Cesar R M

View attachment 154092 At the beach since 530 PST, currently 730. 2.5 hours to go until the USA presents their fireworks entry in the Celebration of Light here in Vancouver, produced by Disney and Brent Cicotti himself. Hearing reports of music from pirates, Lone Ranger, little mermaid, lion king and more. Will be 25 minutes long. Will post a review. Here's our view! Expecting 500,000 people.
are those firework barges?

Soarin' Over Pgh

You gonna leave us hanging like that? :cautious: How was the show?

Disney Analyst

are those firework barges?

Those are fireworks barges!!! Two barges connected.

You gonna leave us hanging like that? :cautious: How was the show?

Sorry, the time it took to get out with 500,000 people meant no post until this morning!! Haha

Even Neil Patrick Harris was in attendance!

I didn't really take photos, I just plugged in a radio with my partner to get the music and enjoyed. The show was incredible, and having Disney involved meant everyone came out. Australia and Netherlands firework entries on last Saturday and then Wednesday had roughly 250,000-300,000 people attend, USA's entry produced by Disney broke records with 500,000 people showing up.

Seriously the best fireworks I have ever seen at the Celebration of Light. So lucky to live in a city that does a festival like this. Buzz from everyone says Disney is going to win. That finale!!! I'm sure there are videos, I'll find a good one and post a link.

The show had Star Wars, Frozen, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lone Ranger, Night on Bald Mountain, Hell Fire, The Stampede, plus more I am probably forgetting, oh and the finale was When you Wish upon a Star. Walt even made it in "I just hope they remember one thing, it was all started by a mouse" which then had some new shaped fireworks of a Mickey Mouse head ( like how they make hearts but Mickey ) ... I believe they brought over that Epcot finale they use for July 4th and other holidays. Just so amazing.

I will post a quality video of the 25 minute show when I find one. But scour Instagram. Just search in places "Honda Celebration of Light", Neil Patrick Harris posted a great little video!

Here's a photo of the crowds on the main beach for viewing posted by Vancouver Police.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Meryl Streep is an incredible actress. Her beliefs and opinions should never matter when it comes to her work as an actor. Whatever she touches is pure gold, and she will elevate this movie to much higher and glorious standards of respect within the film community. You can disagree with what she thinks or believes, but please don't avoid a movie because you don't agree with an actor's opinion, that's just dumb.

She's a liar and she takes money from the company whose founder she despises - what a hypocrite. I think I can pass on any more of her performances, thank you.

Mike S

Godzilla's coming to Universal Studios Japan in a similar capacity to those Attack on Titan and Evangelion promotions with the 4D films.
http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0084960

Specifically, the new Japanese Godzilla

If Godzilla ever came to UOR it should be the new one from Legendary. They did kind of paint themselves in a corner with King Kong though since there's a new one coming of that but I guess there is one good thing to come from what they did. If they went with the new movie, there's no way we would've gotten an AA of that size :)

FigmentJedi

While Legendary Godzilla makes the most sense for a Godzilla ride in an American park and is probably what we'd get, as a fan, I'd rather have something a little more classical, probably the 89-94 Godzilla seeing as that's the design Toho been using as an overall face of the brand, and featuring more of a monster ensemble.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom