A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

ParentsOf4

Well. Disney did have to create products that people are willing to buy. Or buy products that people are willing to buy. Haha

So maybe a little bit of both.
Iger and his corporate cronies are riding on top of decades of creativity that they've milked for the last 10 years.

I'm a capitalist through-and-through but recognize that, ultimately, it's the individual laborer who generates wealth.

Cesar R M

Same. I just can't imagine a positive remake of Dumbo in any way shape or form, but especially in the hands of Tim Burton. Don't hate; I love me some Tim Burton, but I shudder to think what his uptick-slightly-crazed view of Dumbo would be. The movie was sad to begin with...
I wonder if it will still be PG or PG13 rating. If not , can you imagine a Sweeney todd like version of Dumbo? D:

Cesar R M

CjTpxyPXAAAQXCP.jpg
look at those huge growth rates of Universal Studios..
Also, AK finally and officially surpassed DHS? color me surprised.

also, 36% growth on that chinese park? O_O

20 million at MK? 56K people visit per day? I find that very hard to believe for a park that keeps lifting blockout dates and rarely ever hits capacity closing levels.
Well, this is for 2015.
The drops might have been more than apparent thanks to the 2016 price hikes and the "surge pricing".

Cesar R M

Just a Spirited Quickee ... but saw this in today's LA Times and ... had to get this out.

I just love the quote from Shendi about needing guests to "lower expectations" ... looks like Disney has come full circle. Bob Iger should be so proud.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-shanghai-disney-food-adv-snap-story.html
I particularly loved this part:

“It costs as much as the coffee in Starbucks, but it tasted far worse than that in Starbucks,” Cao said. “I’m fine with the pricing system of Starbucks. But for the coffee in Disneyland, it’s just not worth the price.”
Which is no surprise.
The food is very bland at Disney Parks. (still, better than Universal's in the orlando parks.)

Per the "lower your expectations" article:

The poorer die for?! Perhaps not the best choice of words...
Actually, its on point!

Have you seen those poor kids selling their kidneys to get the latest "luxury" apple tablet?

Stevek

Well, this is for 2015.
The drops might have been more than apparent thanks to the 2016 price hikes and the "surge pricing".
I personally find the DL growth to be the most impressive. UNI going up was kind of a no brainer. But Disneyland, a park that is 60 years old...to have 9% growth is pretty phenomenal.

VJ

Ignite the Dream is amazing. I might be kinda biased because it has both Pirates and Aladdin but... still. Way better than Storybook Express for sure.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Not the best, but a full video of the new night time spectacle at Shanghai Disneyland

Dropping thoughts into spoilers tab ....

I really.... REALLY like that the new castle projection show is Mickey-centric. I dig the 'getting back to roots' of the Disney, ugh, brand... and I thought it was well done.

The Star Wars transition was sloppy and a bit long in the tooth. I get it, they're promoting the SW brand which presently doesn't have a big footprint in the park (will it??) but it feels forced. The whole piece seemed kinda shoved in. I get it. I do.

The crowd LOVED the Frozen segment... and the Up balloons (I think that was them?)

The last 'dreams come true' segment and ending of the show is very cute- I'd like to re-watch a better, cleaner cut of this again!

Overall, not bad. :)

Nickels5

Well, this is for 2015.
You do understand they have huge growth rate in percent only right? Otherwise magic kingdom is right on par with universal studios

HM Spectre

Bob is a CEO. He needs to stay out of the political debate and certainly stay off social media. Very unprofessional.

Yep... but given that he has a set retirement date and might even be asked to extend again to transition the CEO role, he could probably do anything short of streaking down Main Street U.S.A. and keep out of hot water.

He's in legacy protection mode at this point so of course, how dare anyone call him out on some of the shadier things he's done to make a quick buck. The problem for him is, a CEO's legacy has nothing to do with growing stock price but everything to do with decisions that impacted things like his employees, customers and the company name.

Bob apparently thinks very highly of himself... history won't remember him nearly as fondly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom