1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by WDW1974, Aug 7, 2017.

1. WDW1974

WDW1974 Well-Known Member Original Poster

I don't think he means well and I don't think he seems like a nice guy. His decade long urinating grudge against this site and @wdwmagic in particular would be example No. 1. His putting out (continuously) erroneous information as fact (like Joe Rohde and Tom Fitzgerald being axed by Disney) and not coming back and offering a mea culpa would be another. His putting out half-truths (HKDL is bulldozing its castle ... and Tron is replacing the Speedway) and then claiming he was right all the time is Trumpian in nature. And let's not even get into his public meltdown on Twitter a year or two ago when his then fiancee left him at the altar (or just walked out on him right before the wedding). Some things really should be private.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. JudyHopps

JudyHopps Well-Known Member

Agreed. Corless is nothing more than a jerk.

Just4Pics likes this.
  3. WDW1974

Nothing has changed with WDW's plans. Although the exact details haven't been decided as far as I know.

Thanks! You never want to go through one. Let alone a monster like Irma.

4. WDW1974

Disagree. Crush's Coaster is a fun little ride, but has awful capacity. The park can be empty and this thing will still have a 45-60 minute wait. Rat is a great family ride that can be one of the best at WDW if it is plussed a bit (something that may or may not be happening!)

As to Hyperspace Mountain, it is temporary, so I can forgive the way it is out of place. And I love it (and I am no SW fan as anyone here knows). Just a lot of fun. Oh, and if you think it banged you around at the end now, feel very lucky you didn't ride a year or two or four ago ... it would have given you a concussion and possible brain damage.

5. BrianLo

BrianLo Well-Known Member

JJ Abrams >> Colin Trevorrow, so not really.

Hopefully JJ has learned a few things from playing it a bit too safe, but I certainly don't see him as a bad move. Force Awakens was visually stunning, well directed and somehow created a new trio of characters that are arguably heading towards the same type of revere the original three did. It's just too safe. But I understand why they made it safe. Episode IX doesn't have those same requirements and I think JJ pays attention to the feedback.

Rian would have been the most seemingly ideal choice, but he didn't seem eager to come back so quickly. Whereas JJ has been lamenting for a while that he wished he didn't have to give up the reins immediately.

6. WDW1974

I agree about the far worse part. But when bloggers are simply opting to vacation 10 minutes from their homes to 'cover' a non-story story, I would call them lowlifes.

photoginit, Kiff, Stevek and 7 others like this.
  7. WDW1974

I want to go (I love BGT to begin with ... you'd think it didn't exist on this site) one year, but that isn't likely to be this one.

photoginit and JudyHopps like this.
  8. WDW1974

Not going back and forth on SW, Brian. No offense, but don't have the time or interest. I stated my opinion, backed up by people in the biz. ... I have said many times TFA was largely a mediocre film with lots of fan service, one that wasn't Carrie Fisher (that won't happen again) and was designed for toy sales. Sure, better than prequels but that's like saying losing one limb in a car accident is better than losing three and your eyesight.

JJ being back is a sign of a very rudderless Death Star.

9. BrianLo

BrianLo Well-Known Member

It's alright, not trying to stir the pot, just also stating my opinion. I was mostly dreading Colin Trevorrow directing, I hope JJ can redeem the post-mortem fan reaction to TFA.

doctornick likes this.
  10. bclane

bclane Well-Known Member

I never liked Trevorrow for IX, so I was happy he was canned. I also think VII was made to undo the prequels and reset the universe so I have not had the same problems that others have expressed about the movie (though I can completely see where they are coming from). My hope is that Rian didn't actually turn down IX but that he will be doing the Obi-Wan movie and an announcement is forthcoming. That would be a best case scenario for me. Obi-Wan deserves a brilliant movie.

11. pacolovestacos

pacolovestacos New Member

I agree with you. Trev is a joke, glad he was canned. JJ was initially asked to direct VIII but he declined. So the plan initially from Disney was to have JJ do at least 2, maybe all 3. But after deciding against directing VIII, JJ was on record as expressing regret. So the fact that he's back on is awesome.

Good move.

doctornick, michmousefan and Mike S like this.
  12. pacolovestacos

pacolovestacos New Member

It's always easy to spend other people's money.

13. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

I've heard nothing. I dare say the PR coup would be welcome, but I think it's more of announcing when deals and details are finished.

14. epcot82fan

epcot82fan EPCOT Center Purist

I remember that too. I remember thinking "why on earth are they posting something like this?"
    Trust me, I don't hold Tom Corless on the same level of credibility as Martin or Spirit, but I do think that he does have some valuable information to share every now and again.
    I don't remember this. I wasn't really active on Disney websites until about a year ago when I joined this site. Before that I only lurked here. That sounds really immature.

I am by no means trying to defend WDW NT, but I was just curious about the hate. I really appreciate the responses.

15. epcot82fan

I'm starting to think that I should stop reading that other site based off of what others have said.

16. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member

I know people who he has gotten fired because of his behavior. The man is a nasty brat and that is putting it lightly.

17. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

Me and many kids who were growing up in the late 90s and early to mid 2000s would strongly disagree with that. That was our generations Star Wars and I am frankly tired of the Gen Xers whining about how their childhoods were so much more important than mine and the fact that Disney listens to them makes me sick to my stomach. I could go on a tirade about what I think of the "New" designed by committee paint-by-numbers Star Wars films but I won't because I don't want to crap on the next generation the way Gen X did on mine.

18. epcot82fan

Wow, I had no idea he was that bad. I honestly owe Steve an apology for not reading WDWMAGIC exclusively.

Wespionage likes this.
  19. disney1023

disney1023 Member

I would think they wound tease a few things that they are working on, considering this being the very best time to do it.

WDW1974 likes this.
  20. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

But, but it will have lens flares...

The_Jobu, WDW1974 and Nemo14 like this.