1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

A Search for Mom's Favorite Dessert

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by flyers148, Apr 17, 2017.

1. flyers148

flyers148 New Member

Hello All,

For as long as i can remember my mom has loved to get the Pineapple Upside Down Cakes from Caribbean Beach Resort. She would get as a dessert for a meal, or she would get 4 or 5 of them as snacks. We would even make a special trip to CBR if we were in another hotel just to get for her.

We have looked EVERYWHERE in parks and hotels for years and never see it anywhere else.

you will see the same chocolate or carrot cakes in the parks and hotels in the same containers, but we are never finding the Pineapple Upside Down cakes anywhere else.

With the upcoming CBR renovation, our trip this summer my prevent us from getting this for my mom, so i wanted to post this question to see if by chance anyone has ever seen these cakes anywhere in WDW?

If you have any information that can assist us, you will make my mom very happy :)

Thank You

D

Courtney6682 and 22YrsDVC like this.
  2. 22YrsDVC

22YrsDVC Active Member

Aren't you such a sweetie-pie ( sweetie-cake?) for doing this for your Mum.
    Try the Disney Food Blog, they know a ton about everything food at WDW. And Disney itself should help in your search for the perfect dessert for Mom.

3. belledream

belledream Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the specific one from Caribbean , but I had a pretty delicious Pineapple Upside-Down Cake from Yak & Yeti last year. Might not scratch the itch like the QS option you are referring to, but this was the winner of our meal. Good luck! 401.JPG

Courtney6682 likes this.
  4. carriebeth

carriebeth Active Member

there is pineapple upside down cake at 50's Prime time diner on the dessert menu. Dont recall seeing it anywhere else