A purple MagicBand coming soon?

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
I saw this picture posted on a different WDW message board, so I guess it means a purple MagicBand coming in the future?

10shs7r.jpg

Jahona

I've not seen it announced but doesn't mean it couldn't be. I can see Disney just sneaking it into the lineup since it's a solid color band. Purple/Violet has been a long time coming and has been a very popular request that I've seen.

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster

FrostyNaples

Just a thought. When your selecting your free resort bands for customization, maybe, just maybe, they ought to have a drop down option available with every retail version currently available, as a buy up of course. Then you could have it delivered, ready to use, without having to waste any time 'shopping' for the one you really wanted or are going to buy anyways once on site.

*hint hint, wink wink*

Jahona

Just a thought. When your selecting your free resort bands for customization, maybe, just maybe, they ought to have a drop down option available with every retail version currently available, as a buy up of course. Then you could have it delivered, ready to use, without having to waste any time 'shopping' for the one you really wanted or are going to buy anyways once on site.

*hint hint, wink wink*

I'm sure eventually that might come into being. I honestly don't think the special bands sell all that well besides the very limited additions. Both times I've been to WDW I've rarely seen any of the special ones.

DaisyDoesDisney

*hint hint, wink wink*
That's actually a really good idea. Some of those bands available for sale are just fabulous looking and would make a great souvenir, but who wants to fuss with the set up once on site when already wearing one that works just fine? I like this idea. My family would definitely be on board :)

mattdenine

I'm sure eventually that might come into being. I honestly don't think the special bands sell all that well besides the very limited additions. Both times I've been to WDW I've rarely seen any of the special ones.

I think the reason why these bands don't sell as well as they could is because the average person will walk by and say those are nice but I'm not spending $ I already have one. But given the option to upgrade I think people would spend the money.

Jahona

I think the reason why these bands don't sell as well as they could is because the average person will walk by and say those are nice but I'm not spending $ I already have one. But given the option to upgrade I think people would spend the money.

Yep my thoughts exactly.

FrostyNaples

This is speculation, can you link evidence to back up this claim that these bands are not selling?

I've already purchased two myself from previous trips, and have two more picked out for this fall to buy when we get there.

Jahona

This is speculation, can you link evidence to back up this claim that these bands are not selling?

I've already purchased two myself from previous trips, and have two more picked out for this fall to buy when we get there.

Speculation, observation, and talking with cast members. When I was there during the 4th of July they had a limited edition USA flag with mickey band. a few days after a Cast Member was pulling them from the shelf and displays and I walked up and started a chat. Certain designs sell better than others but over all the designed bands aren't hot sellers. I would love to see the raw data myself on the sales of bands and what designs sell the best.

Personally I've thought about purchasing a designed band but since I don't go that often I can't convince myself to bite the bullet.

LdyApxr

We will probalby be buying special ones for our trip in May since it is our first trip and the Grumpy, Storm Trooper and Jack Skellington would really appeal to my guys. If purple came out, I would buy a purple.

Jahona

We will probalby be buying special ones for our trip in May since it is our first trip and the Grumpy, Storm Trooper and Jack Skellington would really appeal to my guys. If purple came out, I would buy a purple.

Storm Trooper one is hard to find. It's only available at HWS and one location in Magic Kingdom. You can find the Luke Skywalker one almost everywhere.

FrostyNaples

So there are other party members now interested in this Purple band.

Any hints when it will hit the resort reservation customization?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom