A plug for the touringplans "reservation finder" ADR tool

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Disclaimer: I do not work for touringplans. The feedback below is based on my own experience as a touringplans subscriber.

Just tried the touringplans "reservation finder" tool (currently in "testing") for the first time, and within 24 hours, have secured the Saturday 11/19 Hoop-de-Doo 6:15pm ADR for 5 people that I've been trying to obtain daily since 180+ days out -- almost three months now! (The reservation finder contacts you through your choice of means, and/or posts a note on your touringplans.com "dashboard," if the ADR you are looking for becomes available -- it's then your job to log in and make the reservation yourself if it's still there to be had. I got lucky -- I didn't see the notification until 12 hours after it was posted, but the table was still available!) If you are a touringplans subscriber and have a hard-to-find ADR you're still hoping will open up, I recommend giving it a shot!

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

...and by the by, I also noticed that MDE allowed me the option to "hold the reservation with my dining plan" (we have a package with free dining), OR "hold the reservation with a credit card." Very cool, and something that I don't recall being an option for past visits 2 and 4 years ago. Is this a recent change?

Last edited:

Mal

Reservation Finder is SO HELPFUL! For our December trip, I had not been able to get a BOG dinner for our last day or the Fantasmic dinner package at H&V. My 180 days was in June, so it's been a loooooooooong search. Took a couple of weeks once I set it up, but sure enough, was able to snag both of them!

Rsj88

Thanks so much for this! :) I thought you had to have a subscription and I wasn't sure how well it worked or if it was worth doing. I just signed up for BOG, so figures crossed we get it!

prfctlyximprct

ANOTHER HAPPY USER :)

They found me a Mama's ADR for 11/11 in less than 24 hours! Can't say enough good things. Thank you all for your recommendations on trying this site and for teaching me how to make an account!

Huglife

It's pretty great. I pretty much switched around all my dining reservations using this and got all the times and dates that I wanted. I'm still waiting on one to make my 9:05 Cali Grill reservation earlier, but I still have 3 months left so I have hope!

danyoung56

Actually, you are required to have a Basic Access account, but that is free. You don't have to be a paid subscriber to use the service, at least for now since it is in testing.

Thanks for that clarification - I'd forgotten what I did when I first signed up.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Keeping my wings crossed for a BOG dinner adr....but I did get a text for time and date I desired but phone was in other room and I missed it by a few minutes and it was gone....sigh....that said if this happens to you on touring plans you need to reset the request because it will stop searching even if you don't open the text or take the adr. Has anyone here gotten a BOG DINNER ressie close to your trip this way?
BTW I paid under $9 with coupon code thing from having the Unofficial guide....to me worth the investment but when I tried to do without subscribing it booted me out. o_O

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ok now I am bummed, have been working on my ADRS and fasspasses and have my phone nearby, Touring plans usually texts me but this time I only got an email and did not notice it right away and missed a BOG opportunity again.....no text on phone which I would have "heard".....sigh still time but seems inconsistent between texting and email, will go re-enlist! :)o_O

danyoung56

BTW I paid under $9 with coupon code thing from having the Unofficial guide....to me worth the investment but when I tried to do without subscribing it booted me out. o_O

I used their reservation finder without subscribing. I still needed to create an account and log in, but I could use the RF without having to pay for a membership.

mishel635

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this. I've been searching for a CRT dinner on 11/15 since 180 days out with no luck. Hoping this works. Thanks again!

peoplemover

Keeping my wings crossed for a BOG dinner adr....but I did get a text for time and date I desired but phone was in other room and I missed it by a few minutes and it was gone....sigh....that said if this happens to you on touring plans you need to reset the request because it will stop searching even if you don't open the text or take the adr. Has anyone here gotten a BOG DINNER ressie close to your trip this way?

The same thing happened to me today with breakfast at Chef Mickey's... I was even on my computer with my phone next to me when it opened up, but I didn't see the email until 15 minutes after when my phone did an email push. I'd been receiving the texts, so maybe it was just a system error? I think you'll be able to get your reservation at BoG... check 30 days before your trip when everyone's final trip payments are due. ;)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I suspect they have not worked out their system well, yesterday I only got an email on my phone, but since I had my data turned off and wifi on it did not come through til I was home.....so I went to touringplans and tried to remove email so it would be forced to text and would not let me enter request without an email. I understand its a first come basis, and others are elsewhere seeking for ressies, but wish I could ensure it was text only notification and will leave my data on when out just in case....well in any event I am not on the puter much so putting faith in the phone which is usually with me at most times.....and yep anticipating 30 day mark and the days prior cancellations! Easier in most aspects than calling and waiting long times on phone. :)

RememberWhen

It worked for us. About 2 weeks out from our trip we got the Be Our Guest lunch that I had been looking for for months.
It had found many other options that I wasn't quick enough to grab, but it came through in the end.

mgpan

I have been successful using it as well, if only i could be notified when there's a fastpass cancellation!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Found if I deleted my request then resubmitted with text only it didn't force me to have email on there, that said now waiting to see if I get any texts.....yesterday I actually just tried it at 12:30 during lunch and one popped up from my own search for a late BOG lunch...no notice from touring plans but guess it helps to still search yourself and use that for backup. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom