A PeoplemoverTTA Disney Wedding Planning Report - 7/15/2014

PartOfYourWorld

I'm back and I LOOOOVE those Buttons toooo!!!! They are super cute!!! I hope all your guests wear them!

Can't believe things are going by really fast now!!!!! And isn't getting your marriage license through the mail easy? (well besides the mis naming part) We went through the same County you did.

You should get one of those pockitpal boxes I've seen on the disneystore website and in the parks to carry the wedding rings! I think they are relatively inexpensive, but I could be mistaken.

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
I'm back and I LOOOOVE those Buttons toooo!!!! They are super cute!!! I hope all your guests wear them!

Can't believe things are going by really fast now!!!!! And isn't getting your marriage license through the mail easy? (well besides the mis naming part) We went through the same County you did.

You should get one of those pockitpal boxes I've seen on the disneystore website and in the parks to carry the wedding rings! I think they are relatively inexpensive, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks - We got the buttons earlier this week and we seriously love them :)

Seriously, the marriage license thing was so easy. I was nervous for awhile that everything would come on time and work out, but it was pretty painless.

We ended up just getting a little pillow from Party City for $10. Todd wanted the fancy one, but I'm like seriously - Brandon will be walking with it for about 60 seconds and we'll never see it again. I could see getting a special box like you said, because then you'd keep it and have it as a reminder. But to get a fancy pillow that will literally be thrown out seems like a waste of money.

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Well, we are now 39 days from the wedding, 35 days until we leave (5 weeks from this moment I'll already be in Orlando!). Seriously, just flying by :)

Last week my wedding planner emailed me to finalized some details, get the names of our maid of honor and best man, etcetera. For some reason I really knew then that it was getting close!

Okay, here are the updates I can think of:

Guest Book
So this week we were wrapping up a few more details. For starters, I got our guest book. Did I mention that before? Rather than a traditional guest book, especially since we'll only have 21 people at the wedding, including us, I found a print on Etsy that was perfect. We'll ship it with the other stuff to our planner, and when we get home we'll frame it and hang it on the wall. Rather than have a book that gets stowed away somewhere, this will be a nice reminder of our wedding day and our closest friends and family who came to celebrate - right in our living room :happy:

Diana_Todd.jpg

They customized it with our colors, and even made Todd's tux beige and his tie aqua, which I liked. I should have asked them to add a goatee, though, lol. That's okay, I LOVE it :) She had 100 balloons originally, but customized it with 20 so each guest can sign a balloon. I just love this - I am so excited. It was $48 for the digital file (man, she must make a fortune on these!), and I'm having it printed on 16x20 card stock for $35 with a local vendor (I work in marketing so I am happy to throw a little business to a print shop I know). It's a little bit of an expense, but I think it's worth it :)

Bubbles
When we were getting the ring bearer pillow, Todd randomly noticed bubbles. I didn't even think of that - they blew bubbles at my sister's wedding too (although apparently people blew them before the wedding...do people not know that you're supposed to do it after the ceremony as the bride and groom come down the aisle?).

We actually found the exact same wedding bubbles they had for $10 at Party City at the Dollar Tree for my sister's wedding, but no such luck for us. That's okay, I found these, which are actually much cuter and not expensive at all. Good deal!

Marriage License
Oh, so Brevard County actually sent back the completed marriage license a week ago - they got it the Tuesday after Memorial Day, completed everything and had it back to us in Buffalo by Friday. Nice! So we literally have everything wrapped up on that until our wedding day. Yay!

Violinist
One thing Todd and I kept forgetting to do was pick out our songs for the violinist, but we finally got that done on Monday. Here are our selections:

Prelude: Music of the Night
Entrance of Family: Air on the G String, J.S. Bach
Processional: Pachelbel’s Canon in D Major
Bride Entrance: I See the Light (Tangled) - Walk Down the Aisle
Recessional: A Whole New World
Postlude: Theme from Ice Castles

Now I'm not a huge Phantom of the Opera fan but I love musicals and that song sounds amazing on the violin (we were looking them all up on YouTube, lol). Also, apparently Todd's mom loved the song from Ice Castles, so he wanted that one in there. It honestly doesn't matter to me. The only song I really wanted was I See the Light when I walk down the aisle (thanks, Jess!), so I let him pick that. He also really liked Air on the G String by Bach. I told him to pick what he wanted...I'm glad he was into it, and honestly, everything sounds nice. I really did like A Whole New World on the violin, though, so I'm glad he was okay with that one too :)

Some of you may remember that my mom passed away very suddenly last year. My maternal grandmother also passed away this October (a week after Todd and I got engaged). So unfortunately, the only family that is there to enter would be Todd's parents. My dad is walking me down the aisle, so that takes care of him, lol. I've always been extremely close to my aunt (my mom's sister). She actually had a minor stroke last month and thankfully is okay and is still able to come (she is so excited). Do you think it would be appropriate for me to ask my aunt to enter in my "parents" slot? I think she would be very touched, and I'd like her to have a place of honor at the wedding, so to speak.

Cat Sitter
About four or five months ago I put a message on Facebook asking for pet sitter recommendations because everyone we'd normally ask is coming to the wedding. A family friend immediately responded and said she would love to help us, she asked for the dates, and I gave her all the information. Well, on Wednesday I saw her post on FB that she was going away in July, so I was a little nervous and sent her a message saying that Todd and I wanted to take her out to dinner and "show her the ropes" since the wedding is so close.

Side note: My cats are named Marie and Oliver. Yeah, I name my pets after Disney characters :D

She responded with a sad smiley...yeah, she's going away now. Here's the thing, I know it's summer and people are busy. We didn't ask anyone to watch our cats, we were just looking for cat sitter recommendations. Why offer if you were going to bail?! And the worst part of all is, my sister said that she planned this trip at least 3 weeks ago because she saw something on Facebook then (I apparently missed it). Why in the world didn't she say something 3 weeks ago so we would have more time to find a replacement (it is now 5 weeks before we leave)? I mean I would never expect someone to be put out and feed our cats for that long, but she offered and was so adamant about it. I'm not trying to have a bridezilla meltdown (I'm waiting for a call back from a pet sitter...it'll cost $200, but such is life), but I was really frustrated the other day. I would never do that. Ah well.

What do you guys think of these shirts? I'm on the fence about ordering them. I'm all about wearing stuff on our honeymoon - we'll be wearing bride and groom Mickey ears and our pins of course, and I bought the "I'll Be Your Minnie" "I'll Be Your Mickey" shirts this winter for us to wear, but these look like they might be a little hot for July. I just think they're so adorable...do you think I should get them?

Last edited:

LindsayLoves

That guestbook print is wonderful!

My parents live in Buffalo and use a pet sitting service when they go out of town. I can get you the info for the service if you are still in need of a cat sitter. My parents cats require medication everyday and they have had a hard time people willing to take that on, but the service they use always have super friendly and professional people willing to tackle the medication issues. The last thing you want to be stressed out about for your wedding is your pets.

... as for the shirts, yes they are cute but I bet you can find something fun to spend $50 on while you're there. I would save that money for a fun souvenir or impulse buy you normally wouldn't make while you are down there. You might wear the shirts one or two times while you're there?

Thanks for sharing your wedding planning with us all, it has been a fun ride and we can't wait to see how it all comes together.

PartOfYourWorld

Love the balloon print for the guestbook! :)

And I was going to say...nice choice for your entrance if I don't say so myself ;) I tear up even more every time I hear that song since it just brings me back to that moment. We looked up a bunch of songs on youtube to pick violin songs because alot of the songs sound different!!! But i must say the best song I've ever heard on the Violin is the theme song to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies (which was our recessional and watching our video back realized what a kick butt job Rob the Disney violinist did-I mean I remember him playing it and being like this is perfect! but to hear it again was just awesome)

And I love the jersey shirts! Very cute!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
That guestbook print is wonderful!

My parents live in Buffalo and use a pet sitting service when they go out of town. I can get you the info for the service if you are still in need of a cat sitter. My parents cats require medication everyday and they have had a hard time people willing to take that on, but the service they use always have super friendly and professional people willing to tackle the medication issues. The last thing you want to be stressed out about for your wedding is your pets.

... as for the shirts, yes they are cute but I bet you can find something fun to spend $50 on while you're there. I would save that money for a fun souvenir or impulse buy you normally wouldn't make while you are down there. You might wear the shirts one or two times while you're there?

Thanks for sharing your wedding planning with us all, it has been a fun ride and we can't wait to see how it all comes together.

I think you're right on the shirts - thanks!

And thanks for the scoop on the pet sitting service. A friend of Todd's parents offered to watch them...I'm a little nervous, but he seems confident that she's reliable. I'm setting up pet sitting for my dad, though. I found someone through a LinkedIn referall.

36 days now! :)

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Love the balloon print for the guestbook! :)

And I was going to say...nice choice for your entrance if I don't say so myself ;) I tear up even more every time I hear that song since it just brings me back to that moment. We looked up a bunch of songs on youtube to pick violin songs because alot of the songs sound different!!! But i must say the best song I've ever heard on the Violin is the theme song to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies (which was our recessional and watching our video back realized what a kick butt job Rob the Disney violinist did-I mean I remember him playing it and being like this is perfect! but to hear it again was just awesome)

And I love the jersey shirts! Very cute!

I never would've thought of Pirates of the Caribbean - what a cool idea!

I called today about a family portrait session in the Magic Kingdom, but they dont do them there :( I really wanted group pics in front of the castle, but that's okay. We have memory maker, so we could always try to set it up on our own. Plus, we'll have plenty of group shots during the wedding and dessert party. I just want to get as many pictures as possible - I dont know that we'll ever all be in WDW together again.

But $500 for an hour of photos and a CD, and not even in MK, is totally not worth it.

Todd and I decided today we should have programs for the wedding - more of these little things that we never thought of, lol. They were a pain to make for my sister's wedding (nothing on the stupid template lined up right!), so I immediately went to etsy. I dont want to mess with making this stuff myself. I'm not crafty at all!

We just had this conversation this morning, so I found these - I'm waiting to hear if she can make them in time for me to ship to our wedding planner.https://www.etsy.com/listing/121969554/7-inch-wedding-fan-program-favor-mickey?ref=cat_gallery_7&ga_search_query=disney wedding programs&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_view_type=gallery

Sorry for pasting the link awkwardly - I'm on my iPhone :)

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
We went with the programs - this is the worst time to suggest something for the wedding to me, because I will likely go for it! Horrible, lol. It's just that we're in crunch time, and anything we want for the wedding we need to do now, or we won't have time to get it done.

We had another great Etsy experience - the programs are made and on their way. Here's a pic of the final front:
icm_fullxfull.41875963_97n6srn03b40g0gc0o4o.jpg

The back has all our names and the songs, etcetera. I am super happy with them! It's going to be hot and muggy, so we really like that they are fans, too. I hope people save them...I am such a dork, but they're so darn nice :) Yes, they cost $80 to make and ship, but whatever, I'll worry about the money later ;) Just wait, you'll see how awful I am with these last minute add-ons!

So the big add on? The one I just had the inclination to do and then just did it because I knew if I thought about it too much I wouldn't?

I went ahead and booked Mickey.

Yeah, for $975...for 30 minutes.

I know.

Here's the thing - it's a surprise to everyone (except my sister, because I had to tell someone). I can't wait to see the look on Todd's face when Mickey walks in :) Plus the pictures will be awesome!

My cousin is now bringing her two year old, who is my little buddy. He adores Mickey (he calls him "Mo mo"), and I can't wait to see his eyes light up when Mickey comes in. Plus my sister is bringing my one year old godson - the cutest child in the history of the universe (just turned 1 on June 8 - he was 7 weeks early, so he's our little miracle!). The photo ops will be so awesome!

I just had to do it...so I did. I'll probably regret it later (no, actually I won't, lol). It's a massive, ridiculous amount of money, but those moments, memories and the resulting pictures will make it worthwhile :)

Somebody has to stop me though (I emailed Diana - my planner at Just Marry - and told her about Mickey. We had discussed it months ago and she agreed that it was crazy expensive. I warned her that I"m in that last-minute mode and told her if she wanted to upsell me on anything, now is the time!).

Now, I'm looking at new bouquets and boutonnieres. I spent $60 total on some really nice fake flowers (real ones are super expensive and are often wilted because of the heat - i'm holding the thing for 20 minutes in a ceremony and a few hours in pictures - no one will be able to tell and they look great!). They're all white roses, and I have a link somewhere in this thread.

All of a sudden I'm thinking I want calla lilies. I don't know why! I am not a "girly girl," but this final countdown to the wedding is bringing the girly girl out in me!

Here's the bouquet I think I want:
http://www.wedideas.com/Natural-Touch-Small-Calla-Lilies-Bouquet-p/bqivn055.htm

And here are the boutonnieres:
http://www.wedideas.com/Natural-Touch-Rose-Bud-Boutonniere-Your-Own-p/btccn001.htm

My mom loved calla lilies and I know these are fake, but they're so pretty and unique compared to the roses. It would be another $100 for the bouquet and the boutonnieres, but I don't think that's too much...what do you guys think?

Oh, and I had read in the Swalphins (Swan and Dolphins brides) Facebook group that if it rains, the indoor locations are kind of ugly. We have the pretty bamboo arch and white drapey stuff, so I'm cool with that, but they all agreed that the carpeting looks awful without a runner. We have white rose petals (wait, maybe that's another reason to stick with my rose bouquet) that will also be down the aisle, but we bought an aisle runner on Amazon for $30 just in case. We're sending it in our package to our planner ahead of time. I honestly don't think that was too bad of me, because there's a decent chance it'll rain in July (it's 10:30am so we'll hopefully avoid the afternoon rain, but still) and we want everything to look good.

Who knows what other little things will pop into my head?!

PartOfYourWorld

I never would've thought of Pirates of the Caribbean - what a cool idea!

I called today about a family portrait session in the Magic Kingdom, but they dont do them there :( I really wanted group pics in front of the castle, but that's okay. We have memory maker, so we could always try to set it up on our own. Plus, we'll have plenty of group shots during the wedding and dessert party. I just want to get as many pictures as possible - I dont know that we'll ever all be in WDW together again.

But $500 for an hour of photos and a CD, and not even in MK, is totally not worth it.

Todd and I decided today we should have programs for the wedding - more of these little things that we never thought of, lol. They were a pain to make for my sister's wedding (nothing on the stupid template lined up right!), so I immediately went to etsy. I dont want to mess with making this stuff myself. I'm not crafty at all!

We just had this conversation this morning, so I found these - I'm waiting to hear if she can make them in time for me to ship to our wedding planner.https://www.etsy.com/listing/121969554/7-inch-wedding-fan-program-favor-mickey?ref=cat_gallery_7&ga_search_query=disney wedding programs&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_view_type=gallery

Sorry for pasting the link awkwardly - I'm on my iPhone :)

look it up on youtube..there's one that's really awesome and that's what made me fall in love with it and just had to have it..

No those are only at the resorts :( Since we didn't have Disney photography at our wedding they gave us a free "family" session (couldn't call it engagement or it wouldn't work) in leiu of using disney for the ceremony. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have done it. I won't tell you how much the MK photoshoot was....even though you can probably see the price online (I think it's gone up since last year?) but the price was worth it..a part of me wishes we had Mickey and Minnie ( I am so happy you are going to have Mickey!) but just couldn't do both so MK photoshoot won out and it was worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. And I think we got an extra half hour out of it because we were ready early.

I love your programs! They are adorable!!!!!! And love that they are fans! Will cool everyone off!

can you believe your wedding is NEXT MONTH?!?!?!?!?! I seriously can't wait to hear all about it!

And you know what I say? I say to heck with the money and get what you want :p It's your day!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
look it up on youtube..there's one that's really awesome and that's what made me fall in love with it and just had to have it..

No those are only at the resorts :( Since we didn't have Disney photography at our wedding they gave us a free "family" session (couldn't call it engagement or it wouldn't work) in leiu of using disney for the ceremony. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have done it. I won't tell you how much the MK photoshoot was....even though you can probably see the price online (I think it's gone up since last year?) but the price was worth it..a part of me wishes we had Mickey and Minnie ( I am so happy you are going to have Mickey!) but just couldn't do both so MK photoshoot won out and it was worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. And I think we got an extra half hour out of it because we were ready early.

I love your programs! They are adorable!!!!!! And love that they are fans! Will cool everyone off!

can you believe your wedding is NEXT MONTH?!?!?!?!?! I seriously can't wait to hear all about it!

And you know what I say? I say to heck with the money and get what you want :p It's your day!

Your MK photos looked so awesome! If we had gone the DFTW route, we would have absolutely done one. It's too bad that Swan brides can't, but I get it.

I'm glad you like the fans, cause Todd and I are so excited for them...I just love how they look and work perfectly with our wedding :)

So my brother called me yesterday and he apparently didn't know we were going to use silk flowers. According to him, they're tacky. Ugh. The ones I found look great in person, and the ones I was looking at (the calla lilies) were gorgeous! Those calla lilies apparently take 2 months, though, so they're out. He wants me to get real flowers, but for everything it would be $450. I spent that $450 this morning...ordering gift baskets for all our guests' rooms. So if he gives me a hard time on the flowers, maybe he'll relax when he realizes that money went toward something for our guests instead!

I'm trying to think of ways to make it even more special for our family and friends who are coming all this way, so the gift baskets, Mickey (although full disclosure - that's totally for Todd and I too :))...I don't know what else, but if you guys have any suggestions, just let me know. We want it to be magical for everyone!

Four weeks from today we leave for Orlando. Actually, four weeks from this moment we'll probably be in the Magic Kingdom :D Our flight leaves at 6am, so we're going to be ridiculously tired, lol.

PolynesianPrincess

Ahhhh, so exciting! The fans are an AWESOME idea! I bet everyone will save them! They are a great momento from your day!

I totally would've broken down and gotten Mickey, too. Hopefully the weather stays nice for you and you won't have to move your location indoors! I can't imagine how awful that would be to picture everything the way you want it, outside, in your place of choice only to have it moved and look nothing like you wanted it :(

Disnee4Me

LOVE the programs. I too love calla lilies and carried silk ones at my wedding 27 years ago this month (June 27th), but your bouquet is much nicer. Wouldn't it be funny if Todd surprised you with Minnie @ another $975?

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Ahhhh, so exciting! The fans are an AWESOME idea! I bet everyone will save them! They are a great momento from your day!

I totally would've broken down and gotten Mickey, too. Hopefully the weather stays nice for you and you won't have to move your location indoors! I can't imagine how awful that would be to picture everything the way you want it, outside, in your place of choice only to have it moved and look nothing like you wanted it :(

You know, at the end of the day there's nothing we can do about the weather, so I'm surprisingly relaxed about it. I mean I totally want the beach, visited that spot in the winter to picture the whole thing, and chose all the details with that in mind. But, the stuff will all be the same (plus we order the aisle runner to cover up the ugly carpet if need be, lol), and ultimately I'm marrying the same guy, so I guess I can live with it if rain decides to spoil the day ;)

By the way, are you doing the ToT 10-miler this year (I can't remember if I asked before)? I am totally in - finally!

LOVE the programs. I too love calla lilies and carried silk ones at my wedding 27 years ago this month (June 27th), but your bouquet is much nicer. Wouldn't it be funny if Todd surprised you with Minnie @ another $975?

It would be awesome if he did, but I'd also want to kill him because it's so expensive, lol! I'm so excited about it...I think that the moment will be amazing, and the pictures will be a perfect way to capture the day.

The place that makes the calla lily bouquets and boutonnieres said they couldn't make them on time :( Ironically, my brother gave me a hard time about using silk flowers that very afternoon, so I broke down and ordered real white rose boutonnieres and corsages (totally forgot about corsages for Todd's mom and my mom's sisters until last week - oops!). I'm going to use the silk white rose bouquets for my sister and I, though. It's $150 for the boutonnieres and corsages, but it would be another $250 for my sister's and my bouquets. No way!

Yes, I spend $975 on 30 minutes with a mouse but not $250 on flowers. So my priorities are a little off, I can live with that :cool:

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
I had been thinking that I really want to visit Uni on our honeymoon, but with Diagon Alley opening on July 8, it's gonna be crazy. Still, I really want to go...

Today I looked into it, and was thinking that, within our budget (cause you know I've been crazy lately!), we could do one day in the original Uni park (I haven't been since 2002, I think Todd was there in like 1994!), avoid Diagon Alley, and do the unlimited Uni version of FP within our budget. Brandon doesn't like thrill rides, so we can do The Mummy (I've always wanted to ride this!) and other thrill rides, and just soak up atmosphere. It was $80 each for the unlimited rides, but I think it's totally worth it. It's our honeymoon, so we should make the most of it!

I texted Todd about it and he called me on lunch, he had really been wanting to go to Uni but didn't ask if we could go because he knew that money was a little tight and he didn't want to make me feel bad - well that sold me, I just booked it :) I am SO excited - I haven't been to Uni in so long! We went to IOA in 2011 (my VERY old TR has some pics from that) but this is going to be a classic Uni day. It's our last Saturday in the parks, so we'll come back and have a full day Sunday at MK (probably, or at least ending there), then 8 hours on Monday before we head back home.

Yay :D

PartOfYourWorld

Can't believe your wedding is less than a month away now!

Maybe you could put some little goodies in their basket to help them through a day at the parks? Maybe like a little dollar store ponchos (because those work well! we use them and then throw them out after the trip and buy some again the next time!); little travel bottles of sunscreen things like that. I didn't even think to do that for our guests....oops...:oops:

That's awesome that you get to spend a day in Universal! And if I were totally you regardless of the crowds I would go see Diagon Alley...even if you don't get to ride Escape from Gringotts just to see it...because I totally would. I've decided that the next time we go to Orlando for a long trip...we're spending a couple of days in Universal. Anyways besides the point!

How is everything else now that you're getting so close???

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Can't believe your wedding is less than a month away now!

Maybe you could put some little goodies in their basket to help them through a day at the parks? Maybe like a little dollar store ponchos (because those work well! we use them and then throw them out after the trip and buy some again the next time!); little travel bottles of sunscreen things like that. I didn't even think to do that for our guests....oops...:oops:

That's awesome that you get to spend a day in Universal! And if I were totally you regardless of the crowds I would go see Diagon Alley...even if you don't get to ride Escape from Gringotts just to see it...because I totally would. I've decided that the next time we go to Orlando for a long trip...we're spending a couple of days in Universal. Anyways besides the point!

How is everything else now that you're getting so close???

I'm starting to get nervous, lol. I also think that maybe the final weeks until my wedding weren't the best time to merge my company with another one, because I am working a TON! It'll all work out, though.

I still don't have my dress ready. I went back for alterations again...I'm a little nervous, because I'm shipping it to Carolyn Allen's next Monday. There was apparently a lot of tulle that made my waist look non-existent, but she thought it was the inner lining so she took it in way too much (I can't suck in my ribcage, lol), so she is letting it back out. I've been there 3 times for alterations, and it's tea length, so it was really just around my mid-section to bring it in and show off a little shape. It's kind of annoying but I know it's a process and honestly, if that's the worst that can happen, I'm good :)

I'm also getting everything ready to send to the planner - bubbles, ring bearer pillow, chair aisle thingies, favors, programs, the aisle runner (in case it rains and we go outside)...and I think that's it. I figure I'll ship that out next Monday too and get it all done at the same time.

So we also still need sandals and new sunglasses for Brandon (we got his outfit at JC Penney last weekend), and we're doing our initial packing this upcoming weekend. I know it's two weeks out, but it's our last weekend with Brandon before the trip, plus I just don't want to forget anything! I always take a carryon only, which is clearly not an option this time, lol. I want to do the initial pack 2 weeks before we leave, so we can add, adjust and remember things in the days leading up to July 11. I a SUPER nervous about this.

I also need to update my wedding binder for the planner (and for my own records). I haven't done it in probably two months.

Oh, and we totally need to send out our wedding picnic invites this week - that is actually the most stressful!

I'm hoping that all of these little details will be worked out by next week...it's a short week with the fourth of July, and then - boom - it's the week we leave. I already warned my business partner that I"m probably going to be mentally checked out already on like July 3!

I didn't feel nervous when I started typing, but I kind of feel nervous now, lol...I guess there really are still a lot of details left!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Okay, I mailed the boxes to the planner today. Once I ship the dress I'll feel better!

Todd asked if we could see Blue Man Group on our Universal day, so I picked up some tickets. Has anyone been to see them there before? My brother saw them in Germany and I've heard great things all around, I'm just curious what to expect.

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
You guys have to stop me - I cannot stop booking extra stuff for this celebration!

Brandon loves animals - he is literally enthralled when a bunny comes into our backyard and he adores my cats. So I just booked us the Wild Africa Trek...$600! I am insane!

I can literally picture his expressions as he experiences this, though - for anyone, let alone a 10-year old who has never traveled anywhere, this is going to blow his mind. I just think it will be so amazing for him (and for us as a family). But still, $600...I am an insane woman.

Remember folks, I refused to spend $250 on real bouquets for my sister and I, but I spent $200 yesterday on Blue Man Group and $600 on this tour.

I've paid for everything for this wedding in cash, so I suppose charging a few things (that I'll pay off next month - thank goodness we have a little extra money next month) is okay. But still.

I am a crazy woman!

PartOfYourWorld

Sorry it's been a while since I been here! Been busy writing out my trip report from May (oops) before I start posting it. I'm about half way through.

How are you feeling now 7 days away????? I mean seriously, I can't believe it's almost here. The time truly does fly right before. I remember that feeling a year ago. You're going to have a blast though and everything will be worth it!

How did the dress work out? I hate alterations...I wish they didn't make one last take in before I took mine, not thinking hello it's going to be massivly hot in Florida and my body will probably swell a little bit with the heat....oh well! If that's the only thing with your dress then you're right it won't be bad at all!

And that's awesome that you booked the Wild Africa Trek!!!! It'll be worth that $600!

All good things to say here about Blue Man Group as well. I saw them my senior year of high school up in Boston. Granted that was 7 years ago but it was an awesome show, you will love them!

Can't believe it's almost here!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom