A New Ticket/Transportation Center

MonorailBlack

Original Poster
Hello, I am new to this forums and really enjoy what others have posted and suggested. I am a recent arcbitecture graduate, and after doing years of projects regulated by a university, I can finally do some projects of my own. I am currently in the schematic phase of a total overhaul of the Ticket and Transportation Center...It is alot of things I will be tackling....First a body design improvement on the monorails.....you will see the color strip much easier to identify the different trains. Put it this way...if you are on the ferry late at night on the Seven Seas Lagoon and seeing a train entering the Contemporary, you will be able to identify that it is Monorail Blue from quite a distance away. Next, I am workin on AutoCad on a new building that will house the current Express and Resort Monorail beams, plus the Epcot loop and an additional loop that will serve the Animal Kingdom and MgM. As soon as I can get some concrete plans, I want to extend one of the loops to Downtown Disney. I am looking to keep the monorail, though, very stealth as it is from the Maic Kingdom.....in other words, not making it obtrusive to the current surroundings. When it is ready, I will post some pics of the ideas...but let me know if you would like anything incorporated that you would change orany questions....let me know what you think.

DisneyFreak

MB, in these theme park loops are you going to incorporate any of the Disney resorts that currently are not connected to the monorail system?

Is this new TTC going to be one giant hub or is there going to be one main TTC and a couple sister stations?

The monorail to Downtown, will that only be accessable from the theme park lines or will it be a seperate line to the resorts?

MonorailBlack

Original Poster
RE Questions

Hey, thanks for the good questions, I love to be made to think.

On the resorts...yes yes yes....Somewehere along the line, near MGM I imagine, the line would hit the All Stars Resorts......also the loop towards MGM would also probably hit the Yacht and Beach Club or the new hotel on the return loop (towards the Magic Kingdom)
The New TTA will be an enitirely new building, a giant hub all united by one form (just think Disney) that will converge the monorail lines, ferry and buses.
Downtown Disney is my only question I have stiull in the air. I need some urban plans of the area to see what is feasible. If anybody can help me out, please. See, Disney is smart when it comes to urban planning. If you stay at a resort you will know when you leave a park late at night, that Disney bus driver is able to escape that stack-up of red brake lights and take the back "Disney roads" that branch to the resorts throughout the property...well I want to get the layout of those so I can get an i dead of where to run the lines. I heard about how Disney is thinking of a lught rail system....the only problem witht hat is, well eventually that will not meet the demands so I think they need to work with the monorail system they have now which everyone enjoys...hey its my favorite ride...thanx for the questions and keep them coming, I will reply as soon as possible...

MonorailBlack

Original Poster
Here is an update and pic

Ok, here is a quick schematic of the Ticket and Transportation idea I have. You see the wing to the left will be the existing MK Express and Resort Lines. The one to the right is the Epcot line and the one further right will be the Downtown Disney/MGM line. If you notice, the curvature of the track will form a Mickey symbol from above. If yu look tot he left, the 3 identions in the circle are 3 docks for ferries that dock in an arc. To the bottom right is a simple elevation, showing how the monorails are tiered at different levels and a waterfall cascades between the levels. Also, the trains will park in a slight arc, very unique also. Any questions or ideas, let me know. I will hopefully come up with a larger more detailed drawing soon.

Attachments

• ticket transportation sketch.gif
    ticket transportation sketch.gif
    165.7 KB · Views: 292

enfilm

New Poster

Hi, I just started looking at these boards even though I've been coming to the wdw magic web site for years and this is my first post. Anyways, Monorail Black was looking for a site plan, well here it is (at least I hope itgets uploaded correctly). I'm also an architect designing and drawing disney things in CAD (unfortunately I didn't do this drawing). If anyone is interested in seeing a TON of my disney blueprints come visit http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/disneyworldmodelersclub

Enjoy
Ed

Attachments

• 9179dcd1.gif
    9179dcd1.gif
    57.9 KB · Views: 262

MouseRight

Just thought you should know that I heard that Disney originally planned, and may still do so, to put the monorail through the middle of the Swan and Dolphin Hotels on its way to MGM STudios. If you look at the hotels, there are black sections made of aluminum. These are "temporary" construction which will allow Disney to take the sections out and replace with monorail track. The Dolphin has the larger space and would be the station site for both hotels. I heard this on a boat trip from the CM Boat Captain.

enfilm

That's just an urban legend, I've seen it discussed before.

1. Thoses aren't disney hotels, Disney would never spend so much money on non-disney guests

2. It would take out about a bunch of rooms on two floors making the hotel less profitable (can't have dead end corriders so the rooms in the entire center of the building would be eliminated).

Ed

MouseRight

Urban Legen or not, the idea is cool. By the way, although the hotels are not run by Disney right now, I belive they are leased. Disney built them, controlled the architecture, and can probably take them back if they want to. Heck, even Old Key West resort reverts back to Disney ownership in 2051.

If they were designed to be pulled out, I would assume they would have addresed your concerns about dead end corridors, etc.

enfilm

Yea, you're right it would be cool. I think the best solution would be to have the monorail leave the big circle through Epcot between the land and imagination, cut across the cast member parking lot back there, across the yatch and beach parking and have the monorail come out between the yatch and the swan/dolphin (I can never remember which is which). Then they could build a new station right where the bridges and the entry to the boardwalk area is. The station could serve all the hotels (although it would be a bit of a walk from the beach club). The monorail would continue south to MGM then I guess loop back up to the TTC for all the Epcot resort guests going to the Magic Kingdom.

Ed

burbur

i've always heard that the swan and dolphin were built with the intent of having the monorail run through the middle of them. of course, it could just be an urban legend, but if you look at the buildings in relation to cast member "world" maps it appears as though the monorail could run through them to make a stop at mgm more feasible.

ToTBellHop

that monorail rumor is absurd. Those black boxes are 80-100 feet up and it would be obscenely expensive to have the monorail go that high. Why would Disney even WANT to do that?! If Disney were to put a monorail there, it would be at or near ground level...monorail track 80 feet up would be dangerous. Those rooms are not temporary...would you want to be a guest in a room, knowing that they could slide it out at any time? I wouldn't.

Invero

Originally posted by MouseRight
Just thought you should know that I heard that Disney originally planned, and may still do so, to put the monorail through the middle of the Swan and Dolphin Hotels on its way to MGM STudios. If you look at the hotels, there are black sections made of aluminum. These are "temporary" construction which will allow Disney to take the sections out and replace with monorail track. The Dolphin has the larger space and would be the station site for both hotels. I heard this on a boat trip from the CM Boat Captain.

hehe... yeah, it's an urban legend alright... Disney wouldn't need such a huge spot to hole out for the trains... oh well... At any rate here's a cool pic of it! :)

Attachments

• swanorail.jpg
    swanorail.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 157

Baron87

I think the transportation system at WDW is sorely in need of an overhaul. Before anything else is done, WDI has to start work on a new TTC centrally located South of Epcot, and send "spoke" beamways to everything from there. I think Bombardier also has Mag-Lev Monorails developed, and could be used by WDI. The buses have to go!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom