A new theme park in the Orlando area????

Disnee4Me

Original Poster
Listening to my local news (in Stamford, CT) they showed a video of a real wild coaster ride that's going to be opening up at a "new" theme park in the Orlando area. Does anyone know about this? I'll try and see if I can get a link to the news report, but I'm not very savvy with that kind of stuff.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Listening to my local news (in Stamford, CT) they showed a video of a real wild coaster ride that's going to be opening up at a "new" theme park in the Orlando area. Does anyone know about this? I'll try and see if I can get a link to the news report, but I'm not very savvy with that kind of stuff.

It's part of the I-Drive Live project. Not really a theme parks but a collection of attractions, shops, restaurants, etc. It's also going to include a large Ferris Wheel.

http://i-driveorlando.com/blog/idrive-live

Oriolesmagic

I gotta admit I was a tad disappointed when I saw the concept art & POV video of this planned ride. When you hear: "World's Tallest Roller Coaster", you think of (at least I do) the world's tallest roller coaster DROP...as in the likes of Millennium Force at Cedar Point.
But this, while technically is the world's "tallest" coaster, is really average drops, turns, spirals, and inversions as it gradually works it's way down a large tower. It still looks fun, but not exactly what I first imagined when I heard "World's Tallest Coaster".

I can't tell if this is sarcasm? The amount of really unusual and rare elements that this coaster is planning to have on the way down the tower is unprecedented. I've done Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point several times. It's a really cool experience but it's over just about as suddenly as it begins. The length and uniqueness of this coaster should provide a MUCH more enjoyable (and terrifying) experience!

Oriolesmagic

I'm being serious. When the news first leaked of the world's tallest coaster coming to Orlando, I honestly was picturing the world's tallest roller coaster drop. I'm not saying this won't be fun or thrilling, but looking at how hyper/giga coasters keep raising the bar with their first intense drop (Ex: Goliath, Millennium Force, Dragster, and so on), I was expecting a new record breaker in a coaster drop...a.k.a. the first lift-hill and plunge that sets the stage for the remainder of the ride...a.k.a. what every coaster junkie salivates over.
This upcoming ride still looks fun and terrifying to say the least. But the way the coaster wars have been going over the past decade over who is the tallest, steepest, and so on, I felt a little deceived when watching the POV video, as I kept waiting for the BIG plunge.

Well, this ride is actually going to have the steepest drop in the world at 128 degrees. It will also completely destroy the record for the highest inversion (previously 170 feet), this Skyscraper coaster's first inversion will be roughly at 500 feet.

It might not have the longest drop in the world but I highly doubt that any coaster junkie is going to be disappointed with this. In fact, I think a vast majority will be praising the guts it takes to make a coaster that high that is truly a complete and unique riding experience.

Vegas Disney Fan

It reminds me a bit of El Loco at the Adventure Dome at Circus Circus, just several hundred feet higher and much much longer. With the strange banked turns, odd inversions, very comfortable restraint system, and beyond vertical drops it packs a ton of fun in a very compact coaster. I've ridden El Loco several times and it's a blast.

lazyboy97o

The world's tallest SkyFlyer is also going to be built nearby.

It reminds me a bit of El Loco at the Adventure Dome at Circus Circus, just several hundred feet higher and much much longer. With the strange banked turns, odd inversions, very comfortable restraint system, and beyond vertical drops it packs a ton of fun in a very compact coaster. I've ridden El Loco several times and it's a blast.

El Loco is by the same company, S&S Sansei.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom