A New Mission to Mars Attraction

BigNorm

Original Poster
I have an idea for an attraction. What if there were an attraction based on the old Mission to Mars concept, except brought into the 21st Century. Here's my idea, let me know what you think:

For year the red planet Mars has fascinated human beings. They have told stories about Martians invading the Earth, and fantasized about what a Martian looks like. Martians have eluded the League of Plants for years, and shortly after the relocation of the League to Earth, a project was comissioned which would help humans, and other alien species, better understand Mars and its inhabitants. Shortly after a team of scientists, biologists, geologist, and archeologists, were shuttled to the Red Planet to begin doing tests for life. Accompanying them were an architect and a team of construction workers who would build a research facility for the scientists.

Four years later, there has been no word from the Mars team and a new team has been put together, made up of Disney guests, to fly to Mars and rescue them. Upon approaching the planet the ship is attacked and an awesome special effects battle takes place where the ship carrying the second team whoops E.T.'s butt. The second teams ship spots the original teams ship, lands just long enough to rescue the team and begins its journey back to Earth when another fleet of Martian agressors attack, and another battle ensues.

The ship loses power, everything goes black, except for the viewing screen, and the ship begins listing in space until the ship's pilot brings the engine back online and starts beating the holy hell out of the Martians and safely returns both teams to Earth and Tomorrowland.

Well that's the abridged version, let me know what you think.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I like it...i remember the old ride.....

It would also be welcomed by the disney "purists" we have out there....

right griz :lookaroun

Legacy

Actually, I feel it's a little too extreme for Disney. I mean, all of TL when it comes to the aliens there are cooperational ('cept one flying lizard). And I feel one more adrenaline-pumper in TL would be going a little over board. Give us some technical stuff, and I hope it isn't another simulator.

BigNorm

Original Poster
I think my new Mission to Mars idea should go in Tomorrowland. Pretty soon CoP is going to close permanantly, so maybe they could use that building. It's a lot better idea than the bumper car idea that's been reported over at Screamscape.http://www.screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world.html

If it wouldn't fit there, how about reviving the old Discovery Bay concept that was never built?:sohappy:

Legacy

Discovery Bay? What the heck is that? I have never heard of that attraction.

And, unfortunately, if Flying Saucers is the the rumor, Flying Saucers is most likely what we'll get.

BigNorm

Original Poster
Discovery Bay is a concept that was created in 1974 by WDI. It was conceived as a "turn-of-the-century (1900's) scientific outpost built in the style of San Francisco's Barbary Coast. Visitors would experiece the worlds of famous scientific authors as Jules Verne and H.G. Wells, exploring the deep sea aboard Capatain Nemo's submarine the Nautilas. Many of the Discovery Bay concepts were used in Disneyland Paris' Discoveryland.

Discovery Bay synopsis taken from Hyperion Books' book Walt Disney Imagineering, page thirty-six (36).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom