Trip Report A Magical Spoxy Honeymoon (November 10-21, 2014 - Completed)

Introduction: Hello! My name is Christine (28) and along with my husband Kyle (28), we both celebrated our Honeymoon at Walt Disney World from November 10 - November 21, 2014.
cYaqZz9.jpg

Day One: November 10, 2014

We left for Florida at 6:30 AM after packing the day beforehand and eating dinner at PF Changs with my father. We flew Southwest and flight was pretty uneventful. We arrived at the airport and grabbed our luggage, which actually arrived on time for this trip. I packed WAY too much for this trip, like 2 jackets and 5 pairs of different but very cute shoes too much. There we were, two Texans with our cowboy boots about to embark on a wonderful week and a half at Disney.
F46kI8O.jpg

It was either Disney or Europe, but as the wedding was pretty costly, we decided to save Europe for our one year anniversary. We took our bags (we both had large rolling bag and a large duffel) and walked over to the car rental terminal(which seemed like it was half way across Florida). Since we booked online, we were able to skip the counter and head straight out to the garage to pick out a car, which to me was pretty nifty. After some discussion(we could have even have chosen a minivan at the same price as an economy car, but as it was just the two of us we didn’t need that much car), Kyle picked a cherry red Ford Fiesta hatchback (he would have a slight love affair with this car for the rest of the trip) and we were on our way.
8GTOxS9.jpg

We drove into Disney and the first thing I noticed was primary colors on the welcome sign. We had arrived at the most magical place on earth! We were able to get free dining for our trip, but as a consequence we ended up in a Pirate Room at Caribbean Beach. Even though we had credits to be activated, we decided to first go to downtown Disney before checking in. We parked by Disney Quest and walked all the way across Downtown Disney to Earl of Sandwich, which was ridiculously crowded. I know people say that it only takes about twenty minutes to get through a long line there, but we weren’t really feeling like waiting that long for a sandwich. Slightly dishearten, we walked back across the land of Downtown Disney to Wolfgang Puck’s Grand Cafe while taking in our surroundings. Downtown Disney is very much under renovation to become Disney Springs, but being the children of planners we loved looking at the renderings of the proposed buildings. I cannot wait to come back when it is all finished.

At the Grand Café, we decided to eat a full meal as the offerings at the express side were not doing it for me that day (come to find out they do have good offerings, just wasn’t in the mood for them). The décor in the restaurant was reminiscent of the early 1990s and brought back strong feelings of nostalgia for us. There was a strong use of primary colors, especially yellow and red which fueled my 1990s nostalgia extravaganza.

I ordered the bacon cheeseburger with fries and Kyle had the BBQ chicken pizza.
iFip8HZ.jpg

Both were excellent, especially after a long day of travel. After lunch we headed to the Caribbean Beach Resort to check into our room before heading to EPCOT.
7PgA12Y.jpg

We checked in at the Customs House, which was pretty neat. It had fans rotating in the ceiling and a very tropical feel. The gentleman who checked us in was very friendly. I believe he was from Norway. He gave us our happily ever after pins and we were off in our Ford Fiesta chariot to see our room.

Last edited:

Spoxy

Original Poster
Day One, Continued:

Like I mentioned earlier, we had made the decision when booking our honeymoon to get the pirate room in order to get the free dining plan, which would allow us to eat at several high end steak restaurants and other table service restaurants for free (plus tip, of course). It could not be beat. The room was interesting to say the least and it was in the furthest building from the main lobby. However, it was a beautifully themed room and a beautiful building. The room contained two double beds in the shape of boats and a barrel containing a refrigerator. It was different…but we could not beat the free dining plan.

CWP5HD9.jpg

After checking out the room, we decided to head to our favorite park – EPCOT! We arrived at the park and headed straight to our favorite ride, Spaceship Earth. Along the way, we saw Pluto with a very short line.
hfBMYVA.jpg

Since he is our favorite character, we hopped in line and had an awesome meet and greet which resulted in one of my favorite pictures ever.
QUIZdtq.jpg

After meeting Pluto, we hopped into a short line for Spaceship Earth, which was awesome as usual. After that, we walked around a little bit, and ended up at the Imagination pavilion. We had never ridden Figment, so we gave it a go. I cannot say it was the best ride. The character was odd and a little too colorful for my taste, but I can understand why people like it. We never got to experience it before they changed it, so we missed out on the classic version of the ride.

Once Figment was done, it was time to hit our FastPass for Soarin’. It was our first time on Soarin as well, since it had a two hour wait the last time we were in Epcot. It was fun, but definitely isn’t worth waiting more than 30 minutes to ride. After Soarin, we had yet another first as we did the Sum of All Thrills ride. We made our own cyber ride with as many inversions as possible and got ready to ride. They put our stuff in lockers then we were walked onto the machine and were strapped in for our ride. Our ride was extra spinny and loopy,and I love the fact education can be fun.

Since it was the last day of Food and Wine, we decided to leave Future World and head over to World Showcase to partake in the offerings. First, we stopped off at Club Cool and sampled all the sodas from around the world. My favorite is still the melon.
wuJRXct.jpg

Zx78qVu.jpg

We made the rounds at Food and Wine and looked around some of the booths but could not find anything worth the money. I know this is strange because we spent the last 3 months doing nothing but drooling over F&W Festival food, but we have a really good way of talking ourselves out of things and the lines were super long as it was the last day. We finally settled on the Kimchi lettuce wraps from Korea and the Beef Empanada from Argentina. They were awesome and of course now I wish would have tried a few more things. I guess I will just have to go back.

We continued walking around World Showcase and I lamented the loss of Maelstrom. I have a deep love for that ride, but strangely Kyle was not as much a fan. Though, the one time he got to ride it wasn’t very much fun as they overloaded the boat in front of us and the ride stopped in the middle after that boat got stuck. Remember the foray at Club Cool? It was about this time that I sugar crashed from all that soda and got very nauseous. Kyle went and found me a bottle of water and also came back with a dole whip (yay, more sugar!) for me and I felt better.
G1xefsN.jpg

We had 7 pm reservations at Chefs de France, so we went ahead and checked in and waited for our table. It was pretty crowded but we managed to get a good table on the right side of the restaurant.

UUa3uXi.jpg

We decided on the prix fixed menu. We started with the bisque de homard (lobster bisque).
tXZpT5i.jpg

Then I had the gratin de macaroni and Kyle had the plat de cote de boeuf au cabernet (beef short ribs), and we both again got the profiteroles.
oaPz3a9.jpg

j2LRDiB.jpg

iKINun5.jpg

Everything was so tasty that we would repeat our meal later in the trip. After dinner, we stayed around and hit the rest of showcase, including the Grand Fiesta Tour, which was fun as always. We watched a bit of Illuminations but decided to hit up Mouse Gears during the fireworks on the way out since we would have plenty of days to watch the show. We did a bit of shopping and finally it was time to end our night and go back to resort.

Up next: Kyle’s first day ever at Magic Kingdom (Yay!).

mrdrift

Wonderful start to the Honeymoon trip, congrats on the wedding. Loving the food pictures that are making me really hungry, keep them coming :D. Sounds like you were able to get on all the rides without to much waiting which is always nice. Following along.

LisaBelle

My husband and I honeymooned at Disney and we celebrated our 25th anniversary there last summer! We had our anniversary dinner at Les Chef's de France and we loved it! Looking forward to reading more.

Spoxy

Original Poster
Wonderful start to the Honeymoon trip, congrats on the wedding. Loving the food pictures that are making me really hungry, keep them coming :D. Sounds like you were able to get on all the rides without to much waiting which is always nice. Following along.

Thank you! We didn't have too much trouble with lines on our first day, even with it being the end of Food and Wine and Jersey Week. We weren't so lucky later in the week!

My husband and I honeymooned at Disney and we celebrated our 25th anniversary there last summer! We had our anniversary dinner at Les Chef's de France and we loved it! Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you! We always had great meals at Chefs de France and can't wait to go back next time. I can't wait until we can celebrate our 25th anniversary. The awesome thing about Disney is that we can recreate our honeymoon for anniversaries some day.

Congrats! Looking forward to reading more as I am currently planning my honeymoon to Disney. It will be my fiance's first time there.

Thank you! One of the best things we did was get the Photopass for our honeymoon. We ended up with about 450 pictures over eight park days and it was a great way to get lasting memories of our Honeymoon.

Great start of the report! Congrats with your honeymoon! Following along :)

Thank you!

Spoxy

Original Poster
November 11, 2015: Kyle’s First Day Ever at Magic Kingdom

Today was a double whammy as far as the crowds. Veterans Day plus Jersey Week equals a crowded Magic Kingdom! We started our day by going to Old Port Royale at CBR to get our mugs and grab something to eat for breakfast. Since we were running a bit late, we decided to just grab coffee and skip breakfast in favor of finding something at the park (it was a mistake we would repeat several times this trip - MK needs some breakfast options!). Armed with our coffee, we grabbed our Ford Fiesta chariot and headed to Magic Kingdom, which was SO exciting. When we pulled up to the parking lot, the crowd was already in full force and it took us about five-ten minutes to get through the gantries. No bother for me though, as I took this time and changed my name on Facebook. Eventually, we parked in one of the heroes lots, and made our way to the TTA. There was a huge throng of people heading toward the park. We decided the line was shorter for the ferry than the monorail, so the boat it was. It was a beautiful sunny day and we stood by the rail, and watched Magic Kingdom become bigger in the distance. We also spent some time playing the which island was the old Discovery Island game, which would continue throughout the trip. It was the perfect way to see the park for the first time for Kyle.
KsL2yjA.jpg

We got to the park just after rope drop and spent a few minutes going from Photopass person to Photopass person getting pictures in front of Cinderella’s Castle. Once we had gotten all the shots we could get, we headed to Tomorroworld to hit our Fastpasses for Space Mountain. Kyle made a rookie mistake this trip by booking all of the Fastpasses in the morning, thinking that it would be easier to get extras throughout the day. Next time, we would book for the most crowded time of the day since the leftover Fastpasses are always a bit meh. Anyway, we went on the Alpha track, which was fun, but we learned that we liked the Omega side better. They are probably the same but it still feels like more fun on the Omega side.

After Space Mountain, it was time for breakfast. Now, this is where I learned that if you want breakfast at Walt Disney World, you should eat at the resort. We headed to Sleepy Hollow to get the chicken and waffle sandwich (which I saw on the food forums and decided that it had to be mine). There was not much of a line, so we thought we were in business. Not so much though, as we got to the window and tried to order the chicken waffle and bam my chickeny dreams were crushed. They do not sell any other waffle expect the egg waffle before 11 AM and it was only 9:30 AM. Crestfallen, we shared the egg omelet waffle and it was not good.
3HZESMu.jpg

1CIQ502.jpg

The omelet was one of those microwave deals and the prosciutto was a little odd. But it being Disney, my disappointment did not last long as I spent 5 minutes watching a bird stand over a woman’s shoulder staring at her food.
FYhrH6T.jpg

We left Liberty Square, and there they were… Chip and Dale! As a child, one of the few pictures to have survived the test of time from my only trip with my parents’ to Disney World when I was five was the picture of me with Chip and Dale. I had a little love affair with the show Rescue Rangers, so it was awesome! The line was not too long, so we hopped in. While we were in line, there was a family with the father complaining about all of the adults playing the Sorcerers’ of the Magic Kingdom game. He kept going on and on about how this place was for kids and these people didn’t even have children. There were a few veiled looks in our direction, but in my opinion everyone pays the same park admission. I do not feel that we were taking some child’s chance at meeting Chip and Dale, especially since the line was super short. Some people just find fault in everything. Undeterred, we finally met Chip and Dale after they had taken a short break. It was awesome! The pictures turned out much better than I even thought. I was so happy!
P4zSVVu.jpg

After Chip and Dale, we hit Splash Mountain to use our Fastpass and started our trend of being in the back seat. This would continue the rest of the trip – every single time on this ride. I loved it, and even Kyle who is afraid of heights, was happy.
cCoshsK.jpg

Relatively dry, we then made our way to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Again lots of fun, especially since Kyle had never been on the WDW version of the ride before.
C2ZMXv9.jpg

We back tracked to Fantasyland to use our Fastpass for Peter Pan. The ride was my favorite as a child but the lines do not justify the ride as an adult. I will say I cannot wait to someday take our children on that ride, though. It seems that the ride has been updated since last time I was there and it looked pretty cool. I think this was definitely a good use of the Fastpass since the wait was an hour long at this point. From Neverland, we hit up Mickey’s Philharmagic, as it was only a 5 minute wait. Once again the movie was cute, but for me, I prefer straight up rides to video attractions. I feel that I can get almost the same entertainment value at home watching my nice TV. However, I do respect that fact many people cannot or do not want to go on fast moving rides, so to each his own.

After the show, we stopped in the gift shop, where I saw it… a Pluto pillow pet that had to be mine. We have a dog, Spot, who is pretty much the embodiment of Pluto, so Pluto will always be my favorite. I know it was only noon and we had at least another 10 hours left in the park, but what can I say, it was too cute to leave behind.
39cLP0f.jpg

So, now Kyle, Pluto and I made our way over to the Beast’s Castle for lunch at Be Our Guest.

Last edited:

Spoxy

Original Poster
November 11, 2015: Kyle’s First Day Ever at Magic Kingdom (continued)

Be Our Guest, what an amazing concept, they honestly need more of these restaurants throughout the park. We had a Fastpass for 12:30 PM and amidst a lot of confusion on how things, ended up in the long long line to get into the restaurant.

We waiting in the FP line for about thirty minutes until we finally made our way inside to order. The whole process was pretty confused, we had to wait outside for a half an hour then we were finally ushered inside only to wait another 20 minutes to order. We apparently could have skipped the inside line if we would have ordered online, but we did not want to lock into our food choices weeks before eating there, I am a little indecisive. I really felt bad for all the families that did not do their research(which we didn’t do our research when we went to EPCOT last year) and went to the restaurant thinking they could get in. They were of course turned away and there were some very disappointed looking people that we felt bad for, since this might be their only chance to eat there.

I went with the braised pork and Master’s cupcake and Kyle went with the steak sandwich and strawberry cupcake. From there, it was time to go grab a seat in the Belle music box room and wait for our food to find us.
vjRWsjj.jpg

DsBhYue.jpg

We waited another twenty minutes or so to get our food, but that just gave us time to enjoy the theming of the restaurant. Once the food did come, it was excellent.
hcKDwH4.jpg

F5ModkR.jpg

zfZ5OEt.jpg

I think it was one of the best uses of a quick service credit and we definitely would have gone back if we could have gotten another FP. We thought about getting another FP for later in the week as there were still a few available, but we decided to give other families the chance to experience the restaurant.
zXUUBYt.jpg

Once we finished up our food and took a bunch of pictures, it was back out into an increasingly crowded park. We strolled around for a bit and finally jumped into the queue for Haunted Mansion, which was about 40 minutes.

After that, we ended up mainly walking around the park in the middle part of the day since the wait times for most of the rides were so long. I think the expected crowd level was a 6, and it ended up being a 9. This ended up working in our in favor as the park stayed open an extra two hours due to the crowds. We watched a couple get engaged in front of the castle, which of course made me a little teary eyed. They were so cute, it was a couple with a son, the father had the photopass person take a picture of the family then handed the baby off to take a picture as a couple, and that was when he proposed. He looked nervous, so I knew something was up. Everyone was happy but there was not much fanfare as that was probably the 5th engagement at that same spot that day. Personally, if I were to get engaged it would have to be in front of SSE.

We worked up an appetite after strolling around the park and went to get an ice cream sundae at the Plaza(another thing we had seen over and over again over the past few months on the food blogs). Unfortunately, our timing coincided with the Festival of Fantasy parade, so once we made it over to that side of Main Street, we were stuck with all of our brethren escaping the parade. We waited about twenty minutes in line for ice cream and witnessed one of the more impressive moments of our trip upon our exit from the ice cream parlor.
EynzyIf.jpg

Dk4iq7v.jpg

A woman in an ECV scooter was trying to exit the parlor into a completely full Main Street due to the parade. I tried to help her out by grabbing the door and there she went full speed out into the crowd( like a bull charging), almost hitting a bunch of people gathered to watch the parade. Luckily she didn’t hit anyone, but I probably would have given some warning to the people on Main Street if I had known she was going to tear out of there. All I could see was this woman happily charging into the crowd with an ice cream cone in one hand and her foot firmly on the gas pedal, with people jumping out of her way, knowing that I helped this situation. Crisis averted, we managed to make our way around to Tomorrowland Terrace to eat our sundae. While we were walking out of the shop, I overheard a guy talking about how he tried to get into the shop but a woman almost ran him over with her scooter, and he had to close the door, there were so many people there watching the parade, that he could not get in until the parade was finished. He was definitely one of the people I saw jumping out of the way.

After our ice cream, the Main Street crowd had dissipated a bit and we enjoyed time strolling around the shops and buying a few wares. I bought a Mickey sweatshirt that would come back to bite me later (forshadowing) At some point, we wandered back over to Columbia Harbor House and shared a Seafood Mac and Cheese (like all good Disney days, it was a day of eating, why not it was free!). Sadly, I didn’t take a picture but it was very tasty! The mac and cheese was very creamy and the shrimp and lobster cooked well. We don’t get much lobster in Texas, so it was a real treat.

It started to get dark around this time, so we watched the Castle show and saw the Castle Lighting. In fact, we saw the Elsa and Anna Christmas lighting more times than I care to share. I thought it was cute, I have never seen the Cinderella one except on YouTube, but I felt the Frozen one was neat and funny and I liked the bluish green tint to the castle.
FSR2zkR.jpg

The crowds started to ease up a bit since it was getting later in the day and we were able to start hitting more rides, which allowed us to quickly get on the Tea Cups and Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel.
Spxof18.jpg

We did some more exploring and hit up Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jingle Cruise, which was awesome. Then, as Disney time flies, it was time for Wishes. We ended up watching the show from Fantasyland by Peter Pan’s Flight, which turned out to be a pretty cool vantage point.
L31DgMn.jpg

After the show, the park cleared out and we were able to hop in line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which had only an hour wait after being at two hours for most of the day. This was the only time we went through the main queue since we had Fastpasses later in the week, so it was cool to see all the interactive parts. The ride itself was fun, but felt really really short. It was definitely a lot of fun at night, though.

After SDMT, we found ourselves in a relatively empty park with two hours to go before close which meant we were able to get a lot done. We were able to check off a big item for me when we went on Dumbo and I got to ride in the pink one, which was always important to me as a kid!
IEgybQn.jpg

We also went on the Barnstormer and got an elusive re-ride since there was no one in line, which has never happened to us before or again at Disney. At some point, we also ended up at It’s a Small World and got a boat to ourselves since it was our Honeymoon, which was nice. We did get briefly stuck at the end in the last scene, and got to hear the song over and over. They asked us if we wanted to go again and Kyle’s answer was an unequivocal no.

We finished up our evening as the day began, back in Tomorrowland. We hit up Space Mountain a few times and got a few more ride photos.
2ifJeAb.jpg

Then we got in line for the Astro Orbiter, where we learned a very important lesson. When they ask you if you want to share a rocket and you’re two adults, the answer is NO! Those rockets are tiny and we endured a tight squeeze of a space flight with a fair amount of complaining from my 6 foot 2 husband. I had fun, he did not. The views were really cool though, especially with the Castle all lit up for the Christmas lighting.
KTBBGYd.jpg

It was getting close to park close around this time, so we started our trek out of the park and back to the car after a good 14 hours in Magic Kingdom. We made sure to hit every Photopass photographer on the way out, of course. With that, it was time to head back to our pirate ships for a night of sleep before Day three.

Up next: Day Three: Hollywood Studios Extravaganza!

Last edited:

Bama14

Congratulations on the wedding! I am loving your trip report. I am headed to Disney in April for my Disneymoon as well so I love reading honeymoon trip reports! Can't wait to read more! :)

mrdrift

I would have to say that was a wonderful day at MK. Lots a great pictures. What was Kyles reaction at the end of the day about MK? Following along.

Spoxy

Original Poster
Loving your report so far...your ring looks absolutely gorgeous! Does it have rubies in it?! Congrats on your marriage, by the way!

Yes, it does! I chose a band with rubies because they remind me of my grandmother.

uGpcqNa.jpg

Congratulations on the wedding! I am loving your trip report. I am headed to Disney in April for my Disneymoon as well so I love reading honeymoon trip reports! Can't wait to read more! :)

Thank you for following along!

I hate when people complain about Disney being just for kids! That happened to me when I was in line to meet Tinkerbell once :mad: You are right we all pay the same amount of money so who cares! In any case love the report !

No kidding! We love doing Disney as adults because it is something that we can share with our kids someday. My thought is that life is too short to not do something you enjoy.

I would have to say that was a wonderful day at MK. Lots a great pictures. What was Kyles reaction at the end of the day about MK? Following along.

Kyle liked Magic Kingdom a lot, but Epcot is still his favorite park. I think we ended up spending the most amount of time at Magic Kingdom and Epcot throughout the trip.

Last edited:

Spoxy

Original Poster
Before we get started on Day Three, I neglected to mention one of the more awesome food options that we had in Magic Kingdom the day before: the Poutine Fries at Golden Oak Outpost. We failed to take a picture (fries too tasty, must eat), but we loved these and every other time we tried to go back to get them, they were closed. A definite must eat.

Day Three: Hollywood Studios Extravaganza

After reading so much about Hollywood Studios, I was actually a little leery of the park. I told myself if I don’t like it, we can always hop to another park. Don’t worry, the park hopper was not needed this day - I loved DHS.

We rode the tram to the front gate and there he was, Mister Mickey Mouse himself on top of the monument greeting all who walk through the gates. Before we entered the park, it was time for yet another picture break, as I was bound and determined to reach a certain number of pictures from the Photopass as it was expensive and I figured for each additional picture we took, the price per photo went down. We ended up with some amazing pictures of ourselves, which was nice because otherwise we would have been stuck constantly asking people to take our picture. Let’s face it no one wants to hand their nice camera to complete strangers, no matter how nice they look.

BwqzJdO.jpg

5CEp0r7.jpg

We entered the park and hit the bathrooms in the front of the park. This place had very well placed and thought out bathrooms! Then we hit our first ride of the day, Rockin’ Roller Coaster. We had fastpasses, so the line was pretty short for us. This is our first time at DHS, so everything was very new to us. We enjoyed the little video at the beginning, with youngish looking Aerosmith members, though the video got old after each successive ride. The theming on the ride was amazing, though. I loved the idea that you enter in an alleyway. The ride was lots of fun and the first inversion rollercoaster ever for Kyle. The only complaint I have is it was too short. Later, we found a Youtube video of the same roller coaster but placed outside in Germany. It was pretty interesting and more intense looking than the Disney version!

L8xWJIH.jpg

After Rockin Roller Coaster, we decided to get a little breakfast before our next fastpass at …TOWER OF TERROR. We went to Fairfax Fare and ordered an egg mcmuffin type breakfast sandwich to share, along with some coffee. It was decent, yet nothing to write home about (which I am).

8X1VXxj.jpg

Kyle took some time to email our wedding venue about some issues we had during the wedding (such as they lost my guest book and we were not allowed to set up until 3 hours before the event when we had rented the entire room for the entire day. In retrospect, I wish I would have gotten married at Disney, but there are always vow renewals, right?).

Once that was handled, it was time…TOWER OF TERROR time. Now, to preface this, I am and always have been a HUGE Twilight Zone fan. I could watch it all day. So this ride was for me, except one problem: I love roller coasters but hate being dropped from heights. So, as we entered the amazingly detailed lobby of the hotel, to say I wanted to turn back would be an understatement. The video was awesome (fun fact, the voice of Rod Serling, is played by a voice actor and when they played it for Serling’s widow, she said she could not tell the difference). The beginning with him in the shot is from the actual Twilight Zone (not to ever be confused with Twilight) then when it cuts to the elevator that’s the voice actor. So cool!

hcOHmbF.jpg

We got in the ride queue and the person told us where to go. Now a little background on this ride, we had been talking about this ride for months, as my dislike of being dropped is nothing compared to my poor husband’s fear of heights. So the joke was I was going to turn around to get in my seat and he was going to run out of there as fast as his little legs could carry him and by the time I would find him, there would be another ghost on that ride! We entered the elevator and noticed a young family with a 4 year old girl on the ride (pretty cool). She was very nervous, so I told her that it’s okay because my 6 ft 2 inch husband was also nervous and if he could do it, so could she.

Ix0rEZ4.jpg

Of course, I was actually more nervous than him, but no one needs to know that. Anyway, we got strapped into our elevator car and off we went. The ride went up, we saw the great scenes, then we went through the 5th dimension, which apparently is suppose to simulate still going up. Then it was time…to drop…and IT WAS THE MOST FUN I HAD EVER HAD ON A RIDE!

sQGjuoc.jpg

We're in the back, to the right.

It was so cool, and the end with all the nods to the show was great. I think we rode that ride like 10 more times over the course of the trip. We loved it!

Spoxy

Original Poster
Day Three: Hollywood Studios Extravaganza (continued)

After TOWER OF TERROR, it started to get crowded. We walked around a bit, and found another food item we had been looking at for several months, the Butterfinger cupcake at Starring Roles. It was so tasty!

BFPkeOE.jpg

VJIlIF5.jpg

Then we walked around the buildings and were slightly dismayed that much of the park is kind of closed. I know that they are about to build a couple of entire new lands, but right now the empty buildings are kind of sad. The Studio Backlot Tour had shut down about a month before we were there and I was disappointed to not even get the chance to ride one of the original rides of the park. We finally happened upon the Muppets 3D Experience, which was good, but the video needs to be updated badly. We had one more Fastpass that morning for Star Tours, which we headed to after Muppets. I had been on Star Tours as a kid at Disneyland, but that was many years ago. I have to say, I still love that ride, so fun!

Then we walked around a bit more before I decided I was hungry again, so we went in search of a pretzel. While on our search, we ran into…Chip and Dale! We hopped in line and had an awesome experience. They noticed our Happily Ever After button and made the experience pretty special for us.

HRA4SV0.jpg

After that, we found and split a Mickey pretzel (always good). This ended up being a mistake because we had reservations at 50s Prime Time an hour later.
GtIABTt.jpg

We headed over to 50s Prime Time and it was crazy crowded. There was family that had not made ADRs and was angry that they could not get in, but after they looked at the menu they realized that all they wanted was hamburgers and hotdogs which are not on this menu and so they happily left. We entered the restaurant after they left (it was a big party who took up the entire front area) and waited for our table.

cNVKRcO.jpg

I LOVE the theming of this restaurant! The silver Christmas tree was awesome and the 1950s TV showing fashion shows of the time was very cool…ah people knew how to dress back then. Such beautiful dresses! Anyway, while we waited, we noticed the bar which I thought was pretty cool. You can just come in and order your drink and food, eat and leave. I think next time we will do that.
4aImu0w.jpg

We were seated at a two-top on one of the walls. Our waiter was fantastic but did not do the whole giving you a hard time thing, which was fine because my husband doesn’t particularly like to be harassed. We decided to order the onion rings as an appetizer and share the chicken pot pie. Oh, and how could I ever forget, the milkshakes!

My husband was smart and ordered the special, the peanut butter and jelly milkshake (which I still think about). I was a little less adventurous and paid the price with a chocolate milkshake. Now to preface this, I LOVE milkshakes, but as our wedding approached and we were on a diet, I had denied myself one of my favorite treats because let’s face it, one milkshake at Sonic is like 1000 calories and I don’t even want to go into Blizzards at DQ. So I said to myself you will get a milkshake at Disney on the Honeymoon. The milkshakes came out and his was amazing, but sadly for me, I actually wasn’t feeling chocolate.
gNekyxK.jpg

6lfIsx3.jpg

Here is where the pretzel comes in… I was so FULL from the pretzel earlier that I couldn’t even finish my milkshake! Oh the horror, to leave perfectly good milkshake on the table. Anyhow, the onion rings were fabulous and the horseradish sauce took them to another level. The pot pie was good, but nothing spectacular; the puff pastry crust was good, though.
t2G8auP.jpg

As we were so full, our amazing waiter let us use one milkshake as a desert and one as drink so the damage on the bill was not too much and we got out for one dining credit plus an appetizer.

We waddled out the restaurant and headed back to Rockin’ Roller Coaster and TOWER OF TERROR. On the way, we picked up a more portable Pluto to take with us - yes for those of you counting, that’s two Plutos in one trip (this Pluto would join us on many adventures during the rest of the trip, a little odd I know but it made for some great pictures).

wdnO2qU.jpg

I think we rode those two rides several more times.
6sTSJlC.jpg

goXcnu1.jpg

By that time, it was starting to get dark. I remember we pretty much closed the park down.
3yRs4M1.jpg

f1fFJvA.jpg

Then we headed over to Pop Century to see what food they had in the food court. We didn’t really find anything at Pop, especially since they changed the Tye Dyed Cheesecake to the sad little cup cheesecake. So, we headed over Art of Animation, and oh my, this place was awesome! We actually ate there 3 more times over the course of the trip.

I got the make your own pasta and Kyle tried the Butter Chicken. Both were excellent.

MHRYDAu.jpg

ilsCU78.jpg

Then I discovered the Mickey Cupcake (yes that’s two cupcakes in one day, don’t judge). It has this marshmallow type of frosting that is pure heaven. It was like a twinkle got together with a cupcake and made something magical.

FHfE15v.jpg

yN6SX71.jpg

After dinner, we explored the resorts, I have to say I think they may be the neatest resorts I have seen. SO COOL! I loved the immersive story lines and the fact you can take pictures with your favorite scenes. There were a few tears of joy when I saw Finding Nemo and The Little Mermaid, not going to lie. My four year old self would have simply fainted, so it is probably a good thing this place did not exist when I was kid. I also loved the theming at Pop.
LFORLKq.jpg

It was very larger than life and I loved the different eras. I am kind of a history person, so this place was awesome to me. I love how they incorporated Disney to the things that were happening at the time. Finally it was time to go back to our pirate ships to drift into a food coma.

Up Next, I get fed up in Animal Kingdom…

Mom@disney

All caught up on your report. Loving your adventures in the world! Congratulations on your wedding and your rings are gorgeous! Kudos to you and braving TOT...I did it once and I think I'm too scared to ride it again lol.

mrdrift

What a wonderful day at HS. All of the food pictures is making me really hungry and missing the food from the parks, keep them coming :). Following along.

LisaBelle

Loving your report! I too hate rides where you are dropped, but I LOVE ToT!! It is one of my favorites. So glad you enjoyed DHS. The more I read about 50s Prime Time Cafe the more I want to try it. That PBJ milkshake sounds awesome. Looking forward to reading more.

Spoxy

Original Poster
All caught up on your report. Loving your adventures in the world! Congratulations on your wedding and your rings are gorgeous! Kudos to you and braving TOT...I did it once and I think I'm too scared to ride it again lol.

Thank you very much! I had a lot of fun taking pictures of my rings around Disney. I was surprised that I was so willing to keep riding ToT because each time I got nervous. But, if my afraid of heights husband could do it, then I had to go to!

What a wonderful day at HS. All of the food pictures is making me really hungry and missing the food from the parks, keep them coming :). Following along.

Thank you! We still look at our pictures and look at the pictures from everyone else's reports while wishing we were back in WDW. The food is always the best part.

Loving your report! I too hate rides where you are dropped, but I LOVE ToT!! It is one of my favorites. So glad you enjoyed DHS. The more I read about 50s Prime Time Cafe the more I want to try it. That PBJ milkshake sounds awesome. Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you! We really did enjoy the food at 50's Primetime, but I think we'd try the sampler next time. We actually looked up a recipe for Mom's meatloaf from Primetime and made it when we got home. It was excellent! The PBJ milkshake is to die for!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom