Trip Report A Jingle BAM Birthday! *COMPLETED*

*Sorry for the bump. This TR is from December 2016*

Let me begin by giving a shout out to all park commandos ~ those who arrive at the parks at opening and stay until closing ~ those who only use the hotel room to sleep and shower ~

We SALUTE you!!!!!

After a whirlwind 48 hours in the world, we have a new appreciation for the stamina of a park commando. We gave it our all and had a blast ~ though a third non-stop day would have likely killed us!

So do your warm-up stretches and prepare to join us on a quick jog through three parks as we celebrate the quarter-century of a wonderful gal named Em.

Cast: Tuvalu and TrolleyFollower91
Date: December 1-3, 2016
Resort: Coronado Springs

ED519906-2F00-471A-BC91-E64C852895B5-444-000000A1DCD8DBD9_tmp.jpg

Ready, Set, GO!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It took several minutes for the Jingle BAM! crowd to disperse. The park closed at 7 pm, but it was an EMH night so not many folks were leaving and even more were arriving from Hollywood Blvd. Wait times were lengthy. Birthday girl asked to shop on Sunset Blvd.

We made one purchase and were surprised to find this jolly old fellow where merchandise used to be.
IMG_4600.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our original plan for the evening was to go to Epcot after DHS. We would grab some food and watch Illuminations with the holiday ending.

Park commandos could do it.

Park commando wannabes could not.

When we exited the park, we stood by the Christmas tree and debated whether to head for the boat to Epcot or to the bus for Coronado Springs. It was not an easy decision. Our minds voted Epcot, but our tired bodies voted CS.

We boarded the bus.

Upon our return, we headed straight for Pepper Market.
IMG_4601.JPG

We shared the pork carnitas. This dish was UNBELIEVABLE. Warm, smokey pork; crisp corn; flavorful black beans; fresh guac; all piled atop cilantro rice....SO YUM!!!!!!

Disney Birthday 2016-67.jpg

Remember the Oatmeal Carmelita dessert bar I wanted last night?

TA-DA!!!!

Disney Birthday 2016-68.jpg

Granted it is not much to look at. It's hard to discern exactly what it is. But if you like caramel, chocolate chips, oatmeal and brown sugar streusel.....this is your bar!!!!!!

I shared it with Birthday Girl.

We walked back to our room in mutual agreement that we'd made the right decision. Though we didn't get to see Illuminations, we did hear it.....from the cozy comfort of our beds. :cat:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We shared the pork carnitas. This dish was UNBELIEVABLE. Warm, smokey pork; crisp corn; flavorful black beans; fresh guac; all piled atop cilantro rice....SO YUM!!!!!!

disney-birthday-2016-67-jpg.184297

I've never been to that resort. That dish, however, looks really good. I've made side trips to various resorts before, for specific food not found in the parks. I think this might be a side trip for my next visit to WDW (whenever that may be . . . :cautious: ). Anyway, it's on my bucket list for the future. :hungry:

Scoppin

It took several minutes for the Jingle BAM! crowd to disperse. The park closed at 7 pm, but it was an EMH night so not many folks were leaving and even more were arriving from Hollywood Blvd. Wait times were lengthy. Birthday girl asked to shop on Sunset Blvd.

We made one purchase and were surprised to find this jolly old fellow where merchandise used to be.
View attachment 184293

Birthday girl didn't have her picture taken with Santa?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've never been to that resort. That dish, however, looks really good. I've made side trips to various resorts before, for specific food not found in the parks. I think this might be a side trip for my next visit to WDW (whenever that may be . . . :cautious: ). Anyway, it's on my bucket list for the future. :hungry:
Definitely worth your time! Aren't you due for a WDW visit? May will be here before you know it. ;)

Thinking my next resort must be Coronado... :p

Hey, it's the last moderate I have left to try!
Definitely wait until the refurb is finished! :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I would have been SO disappointed in that dessert party. I do not like peppermint or gingerbread, so I probably wouldn't have been able to enjoy any of the food.

Bleccchhh...yeah...sometimes if mint is too over powering it reminds me of toothpaste...sick!
I recommend both of you avoid this dessert party! :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, December 3

With only 12 more hours left in the World, you can bet we weren't gonna waste a minute of it sleeping in! (And thanks to our decision to skip Illuminations, we weren't sleep deprived. :)) We were out the door before 7am to stow our carry-ons with Bell Services and get our boarding passes. There was a line for airline check-in which I joined while Em took care of our bags.

Suddenly everyone ahead of me got out of line to board the DME bus. :confused: I was summoned to the desk while Em was still waiting for the valet to tag our bags. I told the agent that my daughter was my traveling partner and would be here momentarily. The agent never looked up from her keyboard (she had barely glanced at my driver's license) and then handed me TWO boarding passes ~ mine and Em's.

Apparently breaking a federal law wasn't a concern for this agent.

I waved the passes at Em who had a "What the???" expression on her face. The valet gave Em the claim check and we headed inside to Cafe Rix. We got the same breakfast as yesterday ~ coffee and those uber-healthy double chocolate muffins.

MK was opening at 8 am again (not EMH) so when the bus pulled up at 7:20, we thought we'd arrive in plenty of time for the Welcome Show.

We thought wrong.

While we went straight to MK yesterday morning, today the bus drove around Coronado Springs and picked up guests at the other stops. :bored: We disembarked in time to witness the countdown ~ minus fireworks again!

Em insisted we stop at the Days til Christmas sign. What's wrong with this picture?
IMG_4603.JPG

Anyone?

Yesterday the sign said 23 Days til Christmas. Today says 21. WHAT HAPPENED TO DAY 22??!! DID WE LOSE A WHOLE DAY???!!!

More than likely, the CM in charge of changing the number is not very good at math. :joyfull:

We made sure to check out the Emporium window displays.
IMG_4604.JPG

IMG_4605.JPG

IMG_4606.JPG

Em hoped Santa would bring her the LEGO castle. (Spoiler alert......He didn't.)
IMG_4607.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't do spinning rides. Em thought I'd lost my mind when I suggested, "Let's ride the Magic Carpets!" We were the first ones on the ride.

IMG_4610.JPG

Disney Birthday 2016-3-3.jpg

This was my second time on the Magic Carpets. My first (and only) time was a couple of years ago when I was on another mother/daughter trip ~ except I was the daughter. My mother (who knows I suffer motion sickness) was insistent that we ride and you're supposed to obey your mother, right?

Thankfully I did not end up dizzy. (Dumbo was a different story.....she made me ride that too.) So I was willing to give Magic Carpets another go.

"Arabian nights, like Arabian days......."
Disney Birthday 2016-3-6.jpg

Disney Birthday 2016-3-4.jpg

We could have stayed on for another ride. But I didn't want to press my luck!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Our original plan for the evening was to go to Epcot after DHS. We would grab some food and watch Illuminations with the holiday ending.

Park commandos could do it.

Park commando wannabes could not.

When we exited the park, we stood by the Christmas tree and debated whether to head for the boat to Epcot or to the bus for Coronado Springs. It was not an easy decision. Our minds voted Epcot, but our tired bodies voted CS.

We boarded the bus.

Upon our return, we headed straight for Pepper Market.
View attachment 184296

View attachment 184297

Remember the Oatmeal Carmelita dessert bar I wanted last night?

TA-DA!!!!

View attachment 184298

Granted it is not much to look at. It's hard to discern exactly what it is. But if you like caramel, chocolate chips, oatmeal and brown sugar streusel.....this is your bar!!!!!!

I shared it with Birthday Girl.

We walked back to our room in mutual agreement that we'd made the right decision. Though we didn't get to see Illuminations, we did hear it.....from the cozy comfort of our beds. :cat:

Sometimes, a couple gals gotta do what they gotta do. ;)

And it seems the payoff was worth it!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

The Coronado is a resort I've stayed at a few times. I have mixed reactions to. Food is one of the downfalls yet they have changed Peppers yet again since I've stayed. They after all these years still have not gotten a grip on what the heck to do with their various restaurants. Maybe they've hit upon it finally. Just can't seem to decide if they want to cater to Conventions or Tourist Guests. An older resort still trying to find itself. Still I have really enjoyed the resort overall. Not my first choice but a well themed resort and not cheaply created either, it has flare. And I too am intrigued by the meal. I'd love that.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I don't do spinning rides. Em thought I'd lost my mind when I suggested, "Let's ride the Magic Carpets!" We were the first ones on the ride.

View attachment 184720

View attachment 184718

This was my second time on the Magic Carpets. My first (and only) time was a couple of years ago when I was on another mother/daughter trip ~ except I was the daughter. My mother (who knows I suffer motion sickness) was insistent that we ride and you're supposed to obey your mother, right?

Thankfully I did not end up dizzy. (Dumbo was a different story.....she made me ride that too.) So I was willing to give Magic Carpets another go.

"Arabian nights, like Arabian days......."
View attachment 184721

View attachment 184722

We could have stayed on for another ride. But I didn't want to press my luck!

None of my family does spinny. It is ugly. Still Dumbo, Carousel, Carpets, Dino's don't seem to phase any of us beyond son. If it is a circle he doesn't ride. *eye roll* by the rest of us. Now I read your post and wonder maybe he isn't over analyzing. Well maybe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom