Trip Report A Jingle BAM Birthday! *COMPLETED*

*Sorry for the bump. This TR is from December 2016*

Let me begin by giving a shout out to all park commandos ~ those who arrive at the parks at opening and stay until closing ~ those who only use the hotel room to sleep and shower ~

We SALUTE you!!!!!

After a whirlwind 48 hours in the world, we have a new appreciation for the stamina of a park commando. We gave it our all and had a blast ~ though a third non-stop day would have likely killed us!

So do your warm-up stretches and prepare to join us on a quick jog through three parks as we celebrate the quarter-century of a wonderful gal named Em.

Cast: Tuvalu and TrolleyFollower91
Date: December 1-3, 2016
Resort: Coronado Springs

ED519906-2F00-471A-BC91-E64C852895B5-444-000000A1DCD8DBD9_tmp.jpg

Ready, Set, GO!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, December 1

Being in the MK on her birthday has been a dream of Em's for many years. But missing school in early December ~ first as a student and now as a teacher ~ was not feasible until this year. With her birthday on a Friday, she would only need to miss one day of work. Once she got her schedule worked out, I started to make our travel arrangements. Flights? No problem. Thanks to Southwest, the fare was cheap too.

Hotel room? Big problem. There was no room in any of Disney's inns for the 3 nights I wanted. I began to get very nervous, thinking about the huge crowds we'd encounter (assuming I could actually find a room!) I learned the first weekend in December is Pop Warner and Cheerleading finals, which accounted for a lack of available rooms. Saturday night seemed to be our stumbling block ~ once I cut my reservation from 3 nights to 2, a couple resorts opened up. No value resorts like I wanted (after all, we just needed the room to sleep and shower!) and only one moderate had availability. Coronado Springs, here we come!

Our girls getaway would not only celebrate Em's milestone birthday, but her Masters in Education graduation. Em had a lot of grad school work to complete in the week before our departure. Additionally, she had to fit in two visits with her brand-new niece. Little Tuvalette's late arrival had kept us all anxious!

So Em certainly deserved the Margarita ("more like a cupful of tequila") she ordered once we were onboard our flight.

IMG_4463.JPG

And since this new grandma had forgotten to check in 24 hours in advance, it was amazing we found 2 seats together. They were the last 2 seats in the 2nd to the last row, but at least we were next to each other!

IMG_4462.JPG

Our flight was uneventful and we were soon riding the fonorail to the terminal.

IMG_4465.JPG

The first Christmas tree of our trip! (There'd be many more!!)

IMG_4466.JPG

Look, I'm a @Doc Disney wannabe!

IMG_4467.JPG

It was 8 pm when we reached Disney's Magical Express. Those of you who remember my DME pictures from my October trip will be as gladly surprised as I was to see this:

IMG_4468.JPG

However, we had to stand in an empty row for 25 minutes before we were finally able to board a bus. :bored:

Let's get this party started!!
IMG_4469.JPG

Scoppin

Thursday, December 1

Being in the MK on her birthday has been a dream of Em's for many years. But missing school in early December ~ first as a student and now as a teacher ~ was not feasible until this year. With her birthday on a Friday, she would only need to miss one day of work. Once she got her schedule worked out, I started to make our travel arrangements. Flights? No problem. Thanks to Southwest, the fare was cheap too.

Hotel room? Big problem. There was no room in any of Disney's inns for the 3 nights I wanted. I began to get very nervous, thinking about the huge crowds we'd encounter (assuming I could actually find a room!) I learned the first weekend in December is Pop Warner and Cheerleading finals, which accounted for a lack of available rooms. Saturday night seemed to be our stumbling block ~ once I cut my reservation from 3 nights to 2, a couple resorts opened up. No value resorts like I wanted (after all, we just needed the room to sleep and shower!) and only one moderate had availability. Coronado Springs, here we come!

Our girls getaway would not only celebrate Em's milestone birthday, but her Masters in Education graduation. Em had a lot of grad school work to complete in the week before our departure. Additionally, she had to fit in two visits with her brand-new niece. Little Tuvalette's late arrival had kept us all anxious!

So Em certainly deserved the Margarita ("more like a cupful of tequila") she ordered once we were onboard our flight.

View attachment 178095

And since this new grandma had forgotten to check in 24 hours in advance, it was amazing we found 2 seats together. They were the last 2 seats in the 2nd to the last row, but at least we were next to each other!

View attachment 178096

Our flight was uneventful and we were soon riding the fonorail to the terminal.

View attachment 178102

The first Christmas tree of our trip! (There'd be many more!!)

View attachment 178103

Look, I'm a @Doc Disney wannabe!

View attachment 178104

It was 8 pm when we reached Disney's Magical Express. Those of you who remember my DME pictures from my October trip will be as gladly surprised as I was to see this:

View attachment 178099

However, we had to stand in an empty row for 25 minutes before we were finally able to board a bus. :bored:

Let's get this party started!!
View attachment 178105

I am glad you had an uneventful ride getting there and the vacant lot where the DME line should be.

Happy Birthday to Em.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom