Trip Report A Jingle BAM Birthday! *COMPLETED*

*Sorry for the bump. This TR is from December 2016*

Let me begin by giving a shout out to all park commandos ~ those who arrive at the parks at opening and stay until closing ~ those who only use the hotel room to sleep and shower ~

We SALUTE you!!!!!

After a whirlwind 48 hours in the world, we have a new appreciation for the stamina of a park commando. We gave it our all and had a blast ~ though a third non-stop day would have likely killed us!

So do your warm-up stretches and prepare to join us on a quick jog through three parks as we celebrate the quarter-century of a wonderful gal named Em.

Cast: Tuvalu and TrolleyFollower91
Date: December 1-3, 2016
Resort: Coronado Springs

ED519906-2F00-471A-BC91-E64C852895B5-444-000000A1DCD8DBD9_tmp.jpg

Ready, Set, GO!

Last edited:

Pirate Magic

Our DME pick-up was 6:15 pm and we were back at the resort early enough to grab dinner at Pepper Market again.

Bird with b-oobs?
View attachment 185477

The deliciousness of the pork carnitas still lingered in my mind and I had to order it again (yes it is that good, @MinnieM123 and @Gabe1 :hungry:). Em went with chicken nachos. And we got an Oatmeal Carmelita to go. :happy:

View attachment 185478

When we finished, we retrieved our bags from Bell Services and joined the other sad guests at the DME stop.

The Tragical Face
View attachment 185479

What an exhilarating 48 hours! We had "gone hard" and now we had to "go home". But as you know, I wasn't home for long ~ 6 days to be exact.

To Be Continued.....in another trip report
(Cause I'm not like @Tony the Tigger or @BuddyThomas who chronicle their multiple adventures in novel-sized trip reports! ;) :p )

I feel the same way every time I leave... But I only go down once a year with my family, my nephew when he was younger he use to cry when we would leave. Now he just doesn't talk to anyone, he looks very sad!! Don't worry Em before you know it that frown will be turned upside down!!!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
In all the times I've been to WDW, I've never seen those signs on the buses. I've only seen the actual resort name, or park name that was their destination. This must be something new? Do they charge you more if you get on one of those buses? ;)

I think the new bus signs are great, too!

I just noticed this yesterday and wasn't sure if it was new or if I had just never noticed before LOL. Very cute.

The bus signs are new. The park-specific bus signs I noticed in October but the resort-specific were new this trip.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Although I don't know what they do with the carousel, specifically, I do recall reading that the GF (and other) gingerbread houses are dismantled, broken up into pieces, and put out for the birds. (It was somewhere on one of the forums about a year ago, that I remember reading this.) So the gingerbread houses anyway, serve a dual purpose--decoration, and munchies for the birds after the holidays! :)
Thanks for enlightening us, @MinnieM123!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Interesting! We went and saw the gingerbread carousel, but I was unaware the theming of it changed from year to year!
My favorite horse ever was the one with the kitchen sink (from Beaches and Cream) strapped on its back! I used to have a pic, but I can't find it to post.:(

sheriffwoody

The ride from Swolphin to DHS seemed to take forever ~ probably because the boat was so weighed down! The interior of the boat was rather warm too, thanks to the heat from 200 bodies and the late afternoon low-on-the-horizon sun.
One of my most vivid memories from WDW is that boat ride. It's the worst. UGHHHHHHH....whyyyyyyyy is that boat enclosed?! It makes no sense to me. Why not have open boats like they have in the 7 seas lagoon? Those are super pleasant to ride on.

Scoppin

As I have mentioned in previous reports, I love reading people's t-shirts. On our way to our next attraction we passed a senior-aged woman wearing a shirt which said:

Inhale
Exhale

Em looked at me and whispered, "So she won't forget to breathe?" :hilarious:

Our final FP was for Spaceship Earth. For the first time in forever, the interactive ending worked properly and our faces appeared!

View attachment 185327

View attachment 185328

View attachment 185329

View attachment 185330

The only way the shirt would work would be if it was written upside down and in reverse. Then she could just look down. Maybe it was just for all those first timers at WDW who were just in awe of where they were.

bee

I finally caught up, @Tuvalu! Some thoughts...

I can't believe how much you accomplished on your last MK morning! EIGHT rides before lunch??? Makes me wish I could get going early enough to get there for rope drop...

You may have convinced me to eat at LTT next time we do a parks trip (whenever that happens...) to try to legendary Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.

I too love the seasonal additions to LWTL!

I would have been super disappointed in that dessert party. For $20-30 MORE than the Illuminations party, you get less time to eat/drink, have to wait 5-7 minutes for each drink, don't get to keep enjoying your food/drink while watching the show, AND have to navigate your way to the "preferred viewing" area alone? No thanks! And RIP Osborne Lights ):

Last edited:

Big Hair

Tuvalu, kudos on the trip reports. I read your last two and now it looks like I will be reading your next one. My first trip report reading was Doc Disney's latest. It is fun sharing your magical journeys. I have 7 days and a wake up until a trip with my daughter, son, daughter in law and grandchild. My longest yet, 10 days. I will using what I have learned and enjoyed from reading these to make the trip better for all of us. Keep up the great work, or better yet the passion for the magic.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
I finally caught up, @Tuvalu! Some thoughts...

I can't believe how much you accomplished on your last MK morning! EIGHT rides before lunch??? Makes me wish I could get going early enough to get there for rope drop...

You may have convinced me to eat at LTT next time we do a parks trip (whenever that happens...) to try to legendary Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.

I too love the seasonal additions to LWTL!

I would have been super disappointed in that dessert party. For $20-30 MORE than the Illuminations party, you get less time to eat/drink, have to wait 5-7 minutes for each drink, don't get to keep enjoying your food/drink while watching the show, AND have to navigate your way to the "preferred viewing" area alone? No thanks! And RIP Osborne Lights ):
I thought you dropped a hint in your TR about a possible upcoming day visit....seems like an ideal time to try Ooey Gooey. ;) (You can just go for dessert, I have witnessed others doing that. Not sure how LTT is for vegetarians.)

The JBJB dessert party was fun to try.....once.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
I knew I was missing a TR! lol A belated Happy Birthday to EM - What an awesome birthday celebration! (Just an FYI for next year.. my birthday is Dec 28th - just saying...) Hope wanted that Lego Castle too... but Santa had other ideas. Ok, off to finish your most recent TR - Well, I think its your most recent! lol
We've missed you @Figment Forever :)....and you may also have missed my October TR. :in pain:
Unfortunately your birthday falls within the dreaded (never-again!) week between Christmas and New Year's...you're on your own for that one! :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Tuvalu, kudos on the trip reports. I read your last two and now it looks like I will be reading your next one. My first trip report reading was Doc Disney's latest. It is fun sharing your magical journeys. I have 7 days and a wake up until a trip with my daughter, son, daughter in law and grandchild. My longest yet, 10 days. I will using what I have learned and enjoyed from reading these to make the trip better for all of us. Keep up the great work, or better yet the passion for the magic.
Have a wonderful vacation! So exciting that it is almost here!!!

bee

I thought you dropped a hint in your TR about a possible upcoming day visit....seems like an ideal time to try Ooey Gooey. ;) (You can just go for dessert, I have witnessed others doing that. Not sure how LTT is for vegetarians.)

The JBJB dessert party was fun to try.....once.
Alas, it will be another no-parks trip. But ONE DAY!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom