A Gift to All: My personal 1980 WDW Film Restored in HD

wdwms

Original Poster
501398259_295x166.jpg

Below you will find the restored film of my first trip to Walt Disney World in October 1980. I'm a tad over 6 years old in the film, a big time first grader that wears a sun visor without concern about his image. The Kodak processed Super8 film features sound and the run time is over 30 minutes. The sights and sounds included are amazing - The barker from PoC, a brand new Big Thunder, Adventureland Steel Drum Band, the Empress Lilly character breakfast and The Watchamacallit...to name a few...

But the content is not what is important here. My father filmed many events in our lives and I'm fortunate to have these memories preserved on film. The ability to see see my grandparents again is a gift I will treasure forever as they were the key inspiration for my fascination with WDW and now I want to share that gift with our followers.

As you spend time with the people you love, cherish the time you have with them. Remember the photos and videos you are taking aren't just capturing the present but creating memories that will last a lifetime for all.

I wish you and your family all the best during the holidays and a wonderful new year!

-Todd

Film is here: https://www.retrodisneyworld.com/imageworks/films/a-gift-to-all-my-personal-1980-wdw-film-30-minutes

cosmicray

That was simply amazing! Love all of your videos, this one is probably my favorite. Wonderful story as well, makes me cherish the time I've spent with my own family, both at WDW and otherwise. Awesome remastering job as well. Thank you so much for sharing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom