A Fish's Tale

A Fish's Tale - Return to a Dream

This is the story of my second trip to Walt Disney World. My first trip was only 3 days long and completely unplanned. But it was still incredibly magical to me. This time, however, I would fix the mistakes from the last trip. I stayed at a Disney resort and planned many things. Looking back, although my first time was so special, this trip was far superior. It was the 8 most magical days of my life, a time will cherish forever.

Day 1: July 28, 2003

I had gone to sleep the night before early because I had to wake up pretty early to go to the airport. At around 3:30 am, I suddenly woke up. I got up and I notice something was out of place... my left arm wasn't moving! Ahh! I must have been so nervous I slept wrong and cut off the blood flow to my arm. OMG! On all days for this to happen, why today?! I'M GONNA GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD WITHOUT THE USE OF MY LEFT ARM!!! But then I shook around a bit and let the blood flow back into my arm. Very tingly and freaky to see me slowly regain control over my arm again. With that, I went back to sleep, but didn't get much more as my dad woke me up at 4 am. I made one last check of my bags and everything and was off to the airport at 5 am. My plane didn't leave till 8, but my parents dropped me off as they were going to work.

The flight was scheduled to leave Philadelphia at 8:10 and arrive in Orlando at 10:44, but it didn't leave until 8:25 or so and arrived at Orlando at 10:20. That was quick! Practically everyone on that flight was going to Disney. I got off the plane and called Rob (MKT). He was pretty shocked that my flight came so early. He picked me up at the airport and drove me to Super Target because I needed to buy some razors. I was told I couldn't carry them on the plane so I didn't bring any. I was pretty surprised to see how big it was. Back at home, we don't have "Super" anything. After that, it was off to All Star Movies. We got there at noon and they had my room already prepared. My room was in the Buzz Lightyear building. To Infinity and Beyond! After getting settled in the room, I grabbed my backpack and camera and me and Rob were off to our first park... the Disney-MGM Studios. Since it was a shortened day, I thought it would be best to go to the park I knew best from the last trip.

We spent a lot of the time just trying to absorbed the atmosphere there. We went over to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid... (What else did you think I was immediately gonna do first?). We got fastpasses and walked by the litle princess store next to it. Remembering the promise I made to Jer (DMC-12), I put on an Ariel princess tiara, grabbed a wand, and struck a princess pose. Rob took the picture, Jer, I hope you're happy. Hehe. We browsed around One Man's Dream for a bit but didn't watch the film. We then had some lunch, I had a hotdog and Rob had some chocolate cake that he couldn't finish even though he really wanted to, but it was way too rich for him. We then rode Star Tours. It wasn't that bad of a ride, I was actually expecting a lot more though. Oh well. We didn't do many attractions on that first day. But something we did do was go looking for characters. One of my biggest regrets from my last trip was that I met no characters at all. I wasn't gonna let that happen this time. As we were walking, I met my first characters, Mike and Sulley from Monsters Inc. Yay! We then went over to the Magic of Disney Animation and met Lilo and Stitch. Since we were the only ones there, Lilo and Stitch saw it fit to attack me! Stitch chased me with a water sprayer while Lilo grabbed my backpack, dug through it, threw my poncho on the ground. Those little rascals! We then went into a store and Rob said I should get an autograph book so I did. By the hat, they're were so many characters out. We saw Alice had a short line so we went to her. She was so nice! She asked if we were mad hatters. Rob said he was just mad. So Alice said I must be the hatter. She asked me where I was from, I said Philadelphia. She asked if I walked or fell down to the rabbit hole to get here. I told her the rabbit hole was the only way to go. Hehe! We took a picture and she was the first to sign my book, but she signed the second page. The first was reserved for Mickey. :) We then went back to find Lilo and Stitch again to get their autographs but they were gone. Pooh! We went into another store where I found those pointy pink princess hats. I know Jer specifially asked for this one, so Rob snapped another princess pose of me. Haha!We then did the backlot tour. Rob was fascinated by the contruction so he got himself a disposable camera and took shots of the construction around there. We then went by Al's Toy Barn where all the Toy Story characters were. I met Jessie but the line for Buzz and Woody was so long. We ended up getting fastpasses there. Yes, fastpasses for a character meet. It was a new experimental thing. Odd thing was the character meet ended at 5 pm and the pass was for 5:20. Guess they haven't worked out all the kinks out yet. We then went to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. While we were waiting, I began acting all "mermaidy" and started to sing. Rob said if I didn't stop, he would hurt me. Hmph! Rob then took the fishing net on the wall and threw it over me and snapped a photo. Bad Rob! (I must say that Rob in person is just as zany as he is online, if not more so. LOL.) Rob said he really didn't want to see the show and said we should go to the Star and Motorcars parade. So we left, I would have to see Voyage another time. We sat at the end of the route and had some mickey bars while we waited. But thunder sounded and it looked like it was gonna rain so they canceled the parade. Ah phooey!Rob said we should go leave, it looked like it was going to be a big storm and that I needed rest.

So we left the Studios and went over to the Swan resort to try the Gulliver's Character Dinner. It was actually prety good and cheap. It only cost about 30 dollars for both of us. Rob had a burger and I had chicken. But none of us finished our food, it was simply too much! I'm only one little fish! The characters there were Rafiki and Timon. Rob said Timon was acting way too girly. Hehe. After dinner, Rob took me to property control where cast members get WDW merchandise for dirt cheap. I bought a beautiful artwork poster of Cinderella Castle that was normally $30 for only $8! After that, he took me on a tour of all the backstage warehouses. All this was behind the Magic Kingdom. I did not want to see the Magic Kingdom yet, I did not want to see Cinderella Castle. Not yet, not now. I wanted to save it for that special moment. Kinda like the groom not wanting to see the bride in her dress before the wedding. Hehe, well, that's how I felt. So as we drove by, I looked away and covered my eyes. After that, Rob took me back to the resort. I visited the shop there and picked up my gift for using the Fairytale package, a framed Mickey's Philharmagic litho and pin, which is normally $90 and they gave it to me for free! I also bought Angelique a little something... (but I'm not gonna tell her what. Hehe. ;)). And that was the end of my first day. Something was odd though. It still didn't feel like I was really there. The feeling that I was at WDW still hadn't taken hold on me. Do you know what I mean? I still didn't feel that "magic" yet. I hope I would soon.

MerHearted

Original Poster
Day 2: July 29, 2003

This was the day. I would return to the Magic Kingdom, home of fairytales and dreams. Rob picked me up at around 8 am. We had priority seating at Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:50. We went over the the Polynesian Resort and boarded the monorail there. We got to the Magic Kingdom before park opening and since we had breakfast reservations, they let us in before it opened. Remember how I said I hadn't felt the magic yet? Well... here it comes! As we entered, Main Street USA was a virtual ghost town. I mean, with a exception of a few cast members on the side, it was literally just us! We were still about 15 minutes early for our breakfast so we were able to take the time to just slowly walk down Main Street. I looked up... and there it was, Cinderella Castle. It was a feeling that almost rivaled that of the first time I saw it. It's beauty and awe took me. I couldn't believe it. I was back and here it was, towering above me. And I had it all to myself. It was as though it was calling out to me... "Welcome home, Vincent." I was practically speechless. Rob then told me to pick my jaw off the ground and we headed into the Castle.

We got into the lobby where the Fairy Godmother was greeting guests. I sat on the throne and acted like the "King of the World". Hehe. The Fairy Godmother then greeted us. We posed for pictures and she signed my book. She signed it to "Prince Vince" and Rob said "See Vince, you can't be a princess here." The Fairy Godmother then said "Oh, should I make this out to 'Princess'?" LOL. We got into the restaurant and they gave us the best table in the whole place. It was right by the middle window looking out to an empty Fantasyland, unbelievable! The food was delicious, truly the best breakfast I've ever had! All the princesses there were so nice and sweet. There was Cinderella, Snow White, Princess Aurora, Mary Poppins, and Belle. Belle was the coolest. Rob told her I wanted to see Ariel. I told her that she was my favorite. Belle then pointed over to the grotto and said Ariel would be waiting for me there. She then told me this adorable story of how she went swimming with Ariel a few days before. Belle then told me when I go see Ariel to tell her that "Belle wants her book back." I told her she probably wasn't getting it back, Ariel likes to store away a lot of things. Rob said it was also probably wet too. The breakfast was so fun! Rob and I ended up toasting our orange juice to life in French. Hehe.

After breakfast, we headed out to Ariel's Grotto.While we were walking through the queue, Rob revealed that he had a sweet, tender side. There was a little bird the hadn't fully grown all of its adult feathers yet and had fallen on the ground and couldn't fly back. Rob picked it up and put it safely into the bushes. Awww! (He's probably gonna threaten me now for telling this.) We were then about to meet Ariel, but we were then stopped by the CM working there. He apparently knew Rob and wouldn't let us through. He pushed us behind behind a chain and let everyone behind us go by. OMG! He was keeping me away from Ariel! Why do I have to be punished for Rob's evils? You horrible, horrible person! Of course, I don't think I helped the situation by saying I was from Philly and insulting his favorite football team. He eventually let us in and I got to meet Ariel!!! She was sooo nice and sooo cool. This is the conversation we had.

Ariel: Hello there, what's your name?
Vince: I'm Vincent. Can I have your autograph?
Ariel: Of course! Wow, that's a lot you have there. Did you meet them all today?
Vince: Yup, I met some yesterday too.
Ariel: And where are you from?
Vince: Philadelphia.
Ariel: Wow! That's a really long swim from all the way over there to here, isn't it?
Vince: I swam all this way to see you, Ariel!
Ariel: That's an awfully long way to swim just to see one mermaid.
Vince: Well, you're one cool mermaid, Ariel! You're my favorite!
Ariel: Aww, so would you like a picture?
Vince: That would be great!
*Rob snaps photo*
Vince: Can I have one more?
Ariel: Of course!
*Rob takes another*
Vince: Thanks Ariel! Bye!

(If you find it hard to believe that I could remember this conversation like this, then you don't know me very well. Hehe. ;))

I left there with the BIGGEST smile on my face. We went by some of the rocks on the grotto and Rob said I should jump on one and strike a mermaid pose, which I did. Hehe. We then walked around Fantasyland and met Malificent. We went "Hail Malificent!". We then went over to Frontierland and saw the Country Bears. I thought it would be lame but it was really fun! We then went over to Tommorrowland and did Buzz Lightyear. Rob beat me. Hmph! After that, we went over the Castle to find Stitch and get his autograph. Stitch ran away from Rob and gave me a rasberry. Bad Stitch! Rob then had to leave to do run some errands. I tried to give him a hug goodbye but he screamed. Hehe. Well, I was now on my own. Now forgive me, but I don't remember the order of what I did. I did a lot. Another of my regrets from my last trip was not spending enough time in Fantasyland. This time, I spent nearly the whole day in Fantasyland. I did everything there was to do there. Dumbo, the teacups, Snow White, Pooh, and Peter Pan. I loved the part in Peter Pan where you fly above London. That was so cool. I also went on "it's a small world." I know Jer sent me down here to destory it but I LOVED IT! The song, the decorations, the colors, soo much to see in there! Oh no, I've defected! Hehe. I also went to see Cinderella's Surprise Celebration. That show is awesome. I think I used up over a roll of film on just that show alone. My favorite part was the medley of "So This is Love", "Someday My Prince Will Come", and "Beauty and the Beast." It was so beautiful. If you don't know by now, I adore fairy tales! After the show, I met Goofy, Chip, and Dale! I then lined up to see the Share a Dream Come True parade. It was so magical. The princess float was my favorite. Ariel was so pretty in her dress. Outside Fantasyland, I went on Pirates. I also met Robin Hood. And I browsed through a lot of shops and I had dinner at Pecos Bill. I didn't have lunch on most days, never really felt like eating it. Had so much to do. Just had breakfast and dinner on most days. After dinner, I got my bracelet for the E-Ride night and then went to Storytime with Belle. Belle is so fun! I then went to the Judge's Tent to meet Mickey! I gave him the first page in my book to sign. :)

I then sat in front of Cinderella Castle at about 8 pm to wait for Spectromagic. But storm clouds formed and thunder struck so they canceled it. Darn it! So then I went back to Fantasyland and rode Cinderella's Carrousel. It was beautiful with all the lights and stuff. I then went into the middle of Main Street to await the fireworks. About 30 seconds before the fireworks started, it poured! Really hard! Everyone was running for shelter. But I was frustrated, I refused to leave so I just stood there in the middle of Main Street in the pouring rain to watch the fireworks. I didn't see much out of it with the rain though. And get this, about a minute after the fireworks stopped, the rain stopped! Just my luck, huh? The crowds then exited and I was going to do the E-Ride Night. It was nice with fewer people. But I didn't really want to do most of the rides that were available. I'm not much of a thrill ride person. I went on Haunted Mansion. It thought it would be cute and funny like I heard from others. But I was actually pretty freaked out by it. With the added mood of the night, storm, clouds, and thunder, I was scared! I was like "I don't wanna ride this anymore."

That was the only ride I did that night, but I just enjoyed the atmosphere of getting to stay late there. However, I spent close to 18 hours at the Magic Kingdom that day. I wasn't really tired, but my legs were completely out of it. I could barely walk. It got late and I just stood by Cinderella Castle. I could barely walk but I refused to leave. I couldn't bring myself to leave. I didn't want the magic to end. I basically spent a few minutes arguing with myself. "Vince, you have to go." "No, I can't! I won't!" "You'll be back, you aren't going home yet." "No, I don't want to leave!" "Vince, I promised you'll come back. If you don't leave now, you may be in no condition to come back!" It then began to rain again. I guess it was telling me to leave. But the glow and beauty of the castle comforted me in knowing I would return. So I literally limped back to the bus and the resort. Although the night could have been better, the day was so magical. It was probably the most magical day of my trip. My most magical night, however, would have to wait for another day.

MerHearted

Original Poster
Day 3: July 30, 2003

This was truly the day of shows. You'll see what I mean. My legs still hadn't fully recovered but I just refused to spend my time resting. So I return to the Magic Kingdom. "See Vince, you came back." I wore a dark shirt that day. Big mistake, within just a few minutes, I was melting. I ran into the Emporium and bought a bright red Magic Kingdom shirt and immediately changed into it. I saw the Hall of Presidents and was inspired, hehe. I then went into Advetureland and did the Jungle Cruise and the Tiki Room. I loved the Tiki Room. It was so much fun. I then went to see Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie. I waited in line but then they left. Genie came back alone after a few minutes but I was told Aladdin and Jasmine would return in 20 minutes. So I just let everyone in line get in front of me... suckers, they'd only get Genie. Hehe. When Aladdin and Jasmine came back, I was in the perfect position to meet them. Aladdin was awesome, though Jasmine was pretty quiet. When I told him I was from Philly, he said he flew his carpet there a couple times. He had to get some cheesesteaks. LOL. Then I told him I had a question, "If you aren't allowed to wish for more wishes, couldn't you just wish that you could wish for more wishes?" I think that made Genie mad at me. Aladdin said he couldn't, Genie has all these loopholes, but he brought up the fact that he did fool him once. Hehe. After the picture, I thanked them and walked away but Aladdin called me back. Genie took the water bottle out of my backpack. He was playing with it, drinking it, and wouldn't give it back to me. Aladdin had to yank it from his hands and give it back. That was so fun. I rode the TTA in Tommorrowland and then I went over to the castle to watch Cinderella's show again. Without having to take photos cause I already did, I could just enjoy it and it was even more fun this time. I love this show!!! I kept singing the song all day, like I was addicted to it. I think it's my new favorite stage show.

After that, it was off to the MGM studios. I boarded the monorail to the TTC to catch a bus there. I was stuck in the monorail with this British family whose child was throwing a tantrum. Oy, that was horrible 6 minutes. You know what was funny, well, it wasn't funny to me then. I guess I hugged my backpack too hard during the trip, cause my voicemail started recording and it recorded that whole tantrum! I check my phone and went "Oh, I got a voicemail!" It was horrible, I had to listen to the whole thing again. LOL. It wouldn't let me erase it until I heard the whole thing. Well, after that, I finally got to the Studios. I immediately got a fastpass for Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I was definitely going to see it today. Over at the hat, I met Pluto! I then went to see the One Man's Dream film, very touching. After that, I got to Beauty and the Beast really early. It was a long wait but it was worth it cause I got a great seat. I guess Beauty and the Beast heard my comment about how Cinderella is my favorite stage show cause it felt like they went all out like "Oh yeah? We'll show you!". I saw it before but it was actually better this time. It just left me in awe, like "Whoa!". I think they changed it since I last saw it. That or I just didn't remember some of the parts from last time. It definitely made the case that it should be my favorite. After that, it was off to the Stars and Motorcars parade. It was very cool. Of course, my favorite was Ariel, but I liked Snow White too! Then my fastpass time was approaching. I made a mad dash to Voyage. You know, starting the day, my legs were still tired but from just the relaxed style of just watching shows, I was fully recovered by mid-day. I got there and had an awesome view. Ariel probably went "Cinderella? Beauty and the Beast? Uh.. excuse me, who am I?" Beauty and the Beast left me in awe but Voyage of the Little Mermaid was simply just so moving. The effects and the music were incredible. But the best part was Ariel singing Part of Your World. It was sung so beautifully, almost like Jodi Benson's original version. I actually got a lump in my throat. I just wanted to jump out of my seat and applaud "Bravo! Bravo!"... but I knew better. ;) After that, I just chilled around for bit. I planned on catching the second showing of Fantasmic! I rode the Great Movie Ride and went on the Magic of Disney Animation Tour. The final movie there was so awesome. I then had some pizza for dinner at the food place near Beauty and the Beast. Afterwards, it was off to Fantasmic! How fitting it was to conclude the day of shows with the greatest of shows. Words can't described how great Fantasmic! is. It was so incredible. It was the second time I saw it, but I was still blown away. On my schedule, I had reserved my last night for whichever show impressed me the most. Fantasmic had just made its claim to it, would the other shows be able to top it? We'll see. After the show, it was back to the resort.

Day 4: July 31, 2003

My first three days had been spent in dreams and fantasy and I loved every moment of it, well, except the rainy parts. Now, I was going to unknown territority for me... EPCOT. I had never been to Epcot before. What would it be like? I've heard both great and horrible things about it. From the people here, it seemed like a place of wonder and power. But from the people back home who went there and the Simpsons, it was the most boring place on earth. How would I see it? I entered and saw Spaceship Earth for the first time ever. But for some reason, I wasn't awed, it was more like "Hey, that thing's pretty big." I went to the Imagination Pavillion first. I rode Figment. I have to say that it was very cute but I thought there would be more to it. I mean, everyone here treats Figment like the second coming of Mickey Mouse. Oh well. I then sent my picture and an email to Christy (MouseMadness) and Kelly (wdwprincess03). Theirs were the only emails I could remember. I don't know if they ever got them though. After that, I did Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Very funny. Then it was off to The Land. The Circle of Life was cool, especially doing the song with real animals. Then I did Living with the Land... ok, plants.. umm... yeah. I then went to the Living Seas. I really liked that, but it figures that I would. I then went into Innoventions, but nothing there really interested me. I tried to get a fastpass for Test Track but all the fastpasses were given out for the day and I didn't feel like waiting in line so I didn't do it this day. It was time for Spaceship Earth. Some of you are gonna be mad at me, but I actually fell asleep on this ride. I couldn't help it! They have you laying on your back in the dark with that voice, I had no choice, I just zoned out. Then it was off to the Wonders of Life. Body Wars was cool and I saw the Making of Me... why is Disney using Martin Short to tell me about... umm... love? Then I did Ellen's Energy Adventure at Universe of Energy. I thought the film footage of Ellen and Bill Nye was more fun than the actual ride.

Well I finished up Future World, it was ok, nothing great though. Time to see if World Showcase was better. And in all honesty, I think I was actually more bored there! There's nothing to do there! Just visiting "countries". I visited all the countires but really didn't see much to them. I saw the the shops, the stuff. I know people talk a lot about wining and dining at the World Showcase but I didn't have the time or the stomach to do so. I did all the rides, Maelstrom, the thing in Mexico, and saw all the films. Yeesh, it just felt I was getting lectured everywhere. It actually rained for a bit when I was in Norway, so I was trapped there. All those trolls are freaky. But some of those Norwegian girls are sure nice. ;) I then went to my dinner at the Coral Reef. It was very cool in there but I have to say that this was the most expensive meal I have ever had... by far! I dont eat fish, so I had the shrimp and pasta. It was 30 bucks! Yikes! The waiter presented me with all these wine selections and I was like "Umm, can I just have a Coke?". I finished up with USA and the American Adventure. That was a little better than the other things. Although some things were cool, Epcot was pretty much a disappointment for me. I was expecting a lot more. I was expecting to be wowed and inspired. Neither. I'm gonna have to side with Homer Simpson on this one. Now I know I made the right choice in choosing to drop Epcot from my frist trip. I'm sorry, I know everyone's gonna hate me now. :( But I dunno, Epcot just wasn't for me. I recall what I said after reading Epcot's description during my frist trip. "The future? World cultures? I could see all the world cultures I want back in Philly!" I guess my heart belongs to fantasy and fairytales. Epcot was too much reality for me.

It was time for Illuminations. All I have to say is WOW! Illuminations was fantastic! Finally, something in Epcot that moved and inspired me. But even though I loved Illuminations, it wasn't enough to take the spot of my final night. It now belonged to Fantasmic! One show, even a great one, does not save an entire park. I thought the whole park would wow me like Illuminations did. Sorry Epcot, but you bore me. Afterwards, it was back to the resort. I really didn't spend much time at the resort at all. I maybe spent one waking hour a day there, I'm glad I did a value resort. It was just get home, rest, and get ready for the next day. I usually ate breakfast at the resort, unless I had a prioroty seating somewhere that day.

MerHearted

Original Poster
Day 5: August 1, 2003

After Epcot, it was time to do something fun. Animal Kingdom! Today was Animal Kingdom's Surprise Morning so I took advantage of it. I wasn't gonna spend all day there though, there were only a few attractions that I wanted to see. I got there and almost immediately met Mickey in safari gear! I got a fastpass to It's Tough to be a Bug first and then on the Safari, since I didn't get to do it last time. Very fun. After that, I went on the Forest Trail. The gorilla wouldn't turn around so that I could take his photo. He just kept showing me his behind. Hmph! After that, I got a fastpass to Dinosaur. Then it was off to see Flik's show. I saw it during my first stay, but I still loved it. So funny! Dinosaur was next. The ride was really fun and exciting. I didn't know they took a picture of you on the ride. When I saw them, I searched for mine but I couldn't find me. That is until, I looked close enough. There was some kid wearing my shirt, hiding under his arms. LOL. I don't remember doing that, must have been when the big dinosaur jumped out at us. I then went to see the Festival of the Lion King, the very last show I saw during my first trip. But to my surprise, it was canceled. I dunno why though. So I had some time before Tarzan started, but I bought some ice cream and chilled for a while. After cooling off, it was time for Tarzan Rocks! Tarzan is one of my favorite movies so I really enjoyed this. I think it was more fun this time, cause I knew all the songs and was singing along. I had a great seat for it too. After that, I think I was done with Animal Kingdom. I saw Pocahontas last time, didn't really want to see it again this time. I thought about going on the River Rapids but didn't feel like getting wet today. So that was it, it was early afternoon and I was out of Animal Kingdom and off to Downtown Disney.

I made the mistake of thinking I could go to Downtown Disney from the TTC. I asked the CM and he told me I had to get there from a resort. I said "Any Resort?". The CM said yes. (Cue devilish smile.) Hello Grand Floridian!!! I boarded the monorial to there and when I got inside... Holy cow! It was like some mansion. Whoa! Way too classy for a little fish like me. I walked to the bus stop and was so surprised to see that it had shade and benches and fans overhead! They make us stand in long lines, burning in the sun at All Stars! Curse you rich people! I got to the Marketplace at Downtown Disney. I went through all the shops. It's so sad to walk through all this stuff that you want and you can't buy it, especially at the Art of Disney! Who can afford this stuff? It's you Grand Flordian people, isn't it?! I saw 6 Little Mermaid lithographs for $28 and I really wanted them. But I talked myself out of buying them. Now looking back, I should have bought them. Oh well, Anyone going down there soon? Hmmm? Hehe. At Once Upon a Toy, I had the Haunted Mansion game shipped to Darrel (darthdarrel). Then at the candy store, I got goodies for Jer. After browsing around a little more, I hit the West Side. I picked up my ticket to La Nouba and went to DisneyQuest. That place is just a big arcade. I didn't come here to play video games. I can do that at home! So I didn't spend too much time there. I went back to the World of Disney and looked around a little more till it was time for La Nouba. La Nouba was... wow, it was something! It's hard to described it. The stuff they did in that show... incredible. The most shocking moment for me was when this guy walks across the highwire with a girl doing a handstand on his head! That was nuts! After the show, I had some dinner at Wolfgang Puck. Then I headed off to Pleasure Island. I got an over-21 bracelet, yay! Much good that does since I don't drink. Hehe. I strolled around for a bit and went into the Adventures Club. That place is hilarious! I nearly split my sides laughing. I wanted to do the Comedy Warehouse but the next showing wasn't for another hour and a half. I didn't feel like waiting that long. I didn't really want to go dancing or drinking, just not my cup of tea. So I decided to go through the shops a little more and then headed home.

MerHearted

Original Poster
Day 6: August 2, 2003

Guess what I'm doing this morning. I'm going back to Epcot. Now why would I want to go back if that place bored me so much? Cause I'm going to meet Cheryl (tiggerlover1971) and her husband. The bus was a little late so I got there like a half hour after park opening. Cheryl was very happy to meet her little fishy. :) They came to do the AP previews for Mission: Space. They went and rode Mission: Space. They said it wasn't bad at all. You only feel it on your face. We then got fastpasses for Test Track and went off to ride Figment again. I must say, it was certainly nice to have some company. I got a little tired of "How many in your party?" "One." We then went to the Living Seas, my favorite part of Epcot. Afterwards, it was onto Test Track. That was really fun. Cheryl said looking at the expression on my face was even more fun than the ride itself, haha! We then decided to leave Epcot and head to the Magic Kingdom. I must say I had more fun at Epcot in those few hours than that entire 4th day.

Ah, after a couple days away, I was returning to where I belong, back at the Magic Kingdom. Although everything is nice, my place is here with the fantasy and magic of the Magic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom 2, I mean, the MGM Studios. (To me, it's the Magic Kingdom 2, hehe.) We got there and went to see Cinderella's show again! I love this show! Cheryl then took me to Adventureland and treated me to my first ever Dole float. Yum! Cheryl tried to get me on Splash Mountain but I refused. I don't do drops. We then went to see the Tiki Room. We then lined up to see the parade again. It looked like it was about to rain so I guess they tried to the the parade as qucikly as they could. No stops and no princess float. They just ran that as fast as they could but to no avail, the rain caught them. And everyone goes running! It was pouring really hard. Cheryl and her husband decided they should go home and we said goodbye. Today, I learned that I shouldn't put sunscreen on my forehead. Cause the rain washed it into my eyes... AHHH! IT'S BURNS!!! After running around blind in the rain for a while, I found shelter in the Christmas store where I bumped into Cheryl again. She was buying ponchos. Hehe. They left the park and I stayed in the store for a while. After realizing the rain was not going to let up, I put on a poncho and headed out. I went to Tommorowland and went on the TTA again and saw the Carousel of Progress. That was kinda cool. It just kept raining and raining. It wouldn't let up. I was getting depressed. I went over to "it's a small world" again to cheer myself up, but I actually got annoyed with it this time. I then went over the Crystal Palace for dinner. I have to say that it wasn't that great. The place was just so big, not like Cinderella's Royal Table. It was hard to get character interaction. Tigger was about to come to me when a group of teens chased him down and took their picture with him. After that, he just went right by me. Tigger? Tigger, you forgot me. Tigger? Come back? :( Then Eyeore goes through my section. He gets to my table and I grabbed my camera. He just looks at me, waves, and leaves. I was shocked. What? You think I came here for the food?! That jack@ss just blew me off! (Pun intended) This was horrible. But luckily, good ol' Pooh Bear comes to me and sits down at my table and plays with me. Pooh rules! After dinner, I went over to Mickey's Toontown. I met Minnie at the Hall of Fame. Then I went to meet Tigger. Tigger was a lot cooler here than he was at Crystal Palace. He woulnd't give me back my sharpie. In fact, he took my sharpie and wrote on my hand with it. Hehe. Eyeore was there too but I didn't want to see him, I was mad at him!

It was still raining. It looked like Spectromagic was going to be canceled again. This was really depressing. I decided to go ride Cinderella's Carrousel again. What happened next was something I could have never imagined. It was unbelievable. As I got off the Carrousel, I noticed the rain had stopped and everyone was gasping. What was it? I looked up in the sky. OMG! Before me stood the most beautiful sight I have ever seen. It was almost a feeling like that of seeing Cinderella Castle for the first time all alone on my second day. This was magic in its purest form. What was it? In the sky, a rainbow. I've seen rainbows before but never like that. This was the perfect rainbow. Its arch stretched over Fantasyland, from Ariel's Grotto to Cinderella Castle. Through darkness, rain, and lighting... hope had emerged. The bad feelings went away and everything felt right again. It's like it was trying to tell me "Through whatever adversity, there will always be hope." It was so beautiful. Seeing such a rainbow tower over Cinderella Castle, I got kinda choked up. The skies cleared and the streets dried. The night was saved. The rainbow soon disappeared as night fell. I got the perfect spot, sitting in front of and facing Cinderella Castle for Spectromagic. I didn't get to see this parade very well last time. Now I would and it was soooo good. I couldn't stop smiling. The Big Bad Wolf shook my hand as he walked by and the Queen of Hearts attacked me. She went up to me and gave me her hand. I guess she wanted me to kiss it or something and when I didn't, she quickly turned around and whacked me with her rear end. I loved this parade! I got to see Mickey and Ariel and Snow White and Cinderella. Hehe! Yay! Afterwards, I went over to the middle of Main Street to watch the Fantasy in the Sky. No rain this time! The fireworks were magnificent. I actually saw Tinkerbell fly over the castle. Amazing! This would be my last night at the Magic Kingdom and what a night it was. It was almost like the opposite of my other day at the Magic Kingdom. This time, the day was kinda crummy but the night was the most magical of all. Afterwards, I slowly walked away from the castle, always looking back after every few steps. I would be back but this would be the last time I would see it in its beauty and splendor at night. This night, I shall treasure always.

MerHearted

Original Poster
Day 7: August 3, 2003

This would be my last full day at Walt Disney World. I decided that it should be devoted to all the things I loved. Today was the Magic Kingdom's Surprise Morning, so I was immediately off to the Magic Kingdom. The line for it was so long at the resort so I got into the Epcot bus instead which only had like 5 people in it. I guess the people at All Stars share my feelings toward Epcot, hehe. At Epcot, I boarded the monorail to the TTC and then took the ferry to the Magic Kingdom. Although the monorail is cool, it's nothing like being on top of the ferry, being right in front, with the breeze in your hair, and having the Magic Kingdom slowly appear before you. I rode the railroad around the park first, just to absorb everything. I'm not sure if I did any rides, it just felt like I was there to just take in the magic. I went to see Cindellera's show for the fourth time! I can't help it, I'm addicted to this show. I pretty much know all the songs and dialogue and the dance movements now. I can't get enough of it! During the character greeting after, I met Donald! I then went browsing through Main Street. Paula, I got Maegan a little something. Remember me asking who her favorite princess was? Hehe. After that, I went back to watch the show again! LOL! I am so addicted to this show. Does anyone know if the songs are on cd? Or will ever be on cd? I need it!

I then went off to the MGM Studios to see all my favorites shows again. I went to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid again. In the waiting area, I got into a conversation with this mom and her two little girls. She saw I was wearing an Ariel pin and said "Oh look, he likes the Little Mermaid." I replied "I love of the Little Mermaid!" They asked me about the show and I talked a bit about the Little Mermaid to them. Hehe. The show was very fun again but I do have one complaint. This was not the same Ariel who moved me last time. She had the voice right but sang Part of Your World all wrong. I was like "You're butchering my song, woman!". She sang some parts too fast and too low. She was too playful on some parts when she should have been more emotional. Yes, yes, I know, I'm hopeless. LOL. It's just the Ariel who sang before did it perfectly. Maybe it was her first day, I dunno. I then went to see Sorcerer Mickey! After that, I went to see Beauty and the Beast again. I've seen the Broadway version and I know this little stage doesn't compare to it, but for a 30 minute show, it's wonderful! After the show, it began to rain again. I hate Florida weather. I had hoped to see Buzz and Woody but they wouldn't be out in this rain. They had canceled the Stars and Motorcars parade again. But I saw it already so it was ok. I decided to go play Who Wants to be Millionaire. I think I actually could have gotten into the hotseat. I got every question right, I just intentionally answered slow so I wouldn't go to the hotseat. It was still raining so I went on Star Tours again. It was actually more fun the second time. Hey, it stopped raining. Woohoo! I went to eat dinner at Pizza Planet. Had a pizza and some salad. I strolled around for a bit and bought 2 cds, "Where Magic Lives." and "Magic in the Streets." I then went to Fantasmic! about 2 hours before showtime. Sitting there waiting... it started raining again. Nooo! And it kept raining all the way up to showtime. No one knew if it was going to be delayed or canceled. Then at 9 pm, "Welcome to Fantasmic!". A chorus of like 10,000 people erupted in cheers. It was hilarious. I was like "What? In the rain?" And then as fate would have it, the rain soon stopped. The show was on. I gave Fantasmic! my final night and it did not disappoint. Just such an incredible show.

I went back to the resort and packed my stuff to get ready to go home the next day. Man, that was sure depressing. But I would have one more day.

Day 8: August 4, 2003

This is it. My final day. Well, no point in moping around. Let's enjoy it! Where should I spend my final day.. pffft, like that's a hard question. I left my luggage in my room for luggage assistance to pick up and went to check out. I then took the bus to the Magic Kingdom, but I didn't go in just yet. See, I saved something for my last day, Chef Mickey's! So it was off to the Contemporary. This was so much fun. So much better than my experience at Crystal Palace. There was so much character interaction. In fact, I met some of them twice! There was Goofy, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Minnie, and Mickey of course! Minnie went and sat beside me and gave me a bunch of kisses. It was funny. It was nice to have something like that on my last day. Now, it was on to the Magic Kingdom. I had to 2 pm to enjoy myself. Let's see.. what did I do first. Come on, you should know this by now. Cinderella's Surprise Celebration! Hehehe! I then went into Fantasyland. I visited Ariel's Grotto. I didn't go see her though, just played around a bit in there. I then rode Cinderella's Carrousel. It's such a simple ride, but I think it's very magical. I then went to ride "it's a small world". Yup, I've definitely defected. Hehe. Next, I went over to Frontierland to check out Goofy's Country Dancing thing. If you want character interaction, you'll get a lot in this show. But be warned, you gotta dance. Goofy, Chip, Dale, Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye were all there... all country dancing. Hehe. Great photo opportunities though. But I didn't take any photos. It's funny, on my first 3 days, I used up nearly 7 rolls of film. But since then, I've only done 3. I had one exposure left on my 10th roll. I was saving it for something special. I then went back to Fantasyland and rode Snow White's Scary Adventures. After that, time was ticking away. I only had a little bit of time left. I decided to stroll around all over the Magic Kingdom just to see everything one last time. I stopped at Cinderella's Fountain, made a wish, and unloaded all the change in my pockets into it. What was my wish? Well, if I told you, it wouldn't come true, now would it? ;) I then went back to the castle for my very last attraction. For the 7th and last time, I watched and sang along with Cinderella and company. Then... I had to go. I slowly walked back down Main Street. I stopped at the flagpole and turned around to see Cinderella Castle for the final time. And with my last exposure, I took the photo... my final memory. I know its a bit cheesy but I had to do something. One final act. So I just stood there and softly sang the final verses of the Part of Your World reprise.

I don't know when, I don't know how
But I know something's starting right now.
Watch and you'll see,
Someday I'll be
Part of Your World.

And with that, I said "Goodbye". Then in what was a really embarrassing moment, I just broke down. I guess it all just hit me at once. The fact is was over. This adventure, this magical week in fantasy was at an end. It was too much for me to take and I ended up running out of the Magic Kingdom in tears. At the bus stop, I took time to calm myself down. This was a pain I knew I would feel today but knowing it would happen didn't make it feel any better.

I made it back to the resort, got my bags, and Rob picked me up to take me to the airport. Since my flight was delayed, he took me out to have some pizza at Celebration. I know I didn't do many thrill rides in Disney. But I think I got the scariest thrill ride then, Rob driving down a Florida highway in the pouring rain. He dropped me off at the airport and with that, my trip was over.

Final Thoughts

I've gotten a bit over the depression of not being at Walt Disney World anymore. Actually, writing this report made me feel so much better. It was nice getting to relive all the moments of my trip and being able to share it with you. Going alone was really cool. I got to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. But there were times where I got a bit lonely. It was very sweet of some of you to call and check up on me. Made me feel special. :) Thanks to Rob for driving me around and spending time with me. And thanks to Cheryl for coming to see me.

Two years ago, I took a trip that changed my life. It restored hope and magic to my heart and gave me dreams to pursue. This trip strengthened my desire to see them through. For 8 days, time was frozen. I didn't know what day was what. I was shut away from the outside world with no cares. I didn't know what was going on outside and didn't want to know. My room had a TV but I only used it to see the schedules for the day. For 8 days, I wasn't in central Florida, I was in a dream, where my body was able to join my head in the clouds. I will always cherish these days as the most magical of my life, even the crummy parts. Hey, even dreams can have bumpy parts. My third trip will most likely not be for a few more years. What will I be? Where will I be? I have no idea. Who knows. Maybe I'll have achieved some of my dreams by then. Only time will tell. All I know is that the magic will be waiting for me once again.

Target Date: Christmas 2005

The Mom

Premium Member
Vince, I'm so happy you took everyone's advice and made the trip, even if you had to go solo. How wonderful that you have wdwmagic friends who were able to spend a little time with you!

It sounds like you had a great trip...sorry about the rain, but this IS Florida; we've had so many years of drought that many of us have forgotten what summer is REALLY like. ;)

Welcome "home" ! :kiss:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Wow Vince.... this is a great report! :sohappy: I only got thru day one so far.... sooo much detail! Excellent! I will read more later when I get time :) :wave:

SpongeScott

Nice report, Vince! Those of us who can't go but once a year at the most live through reports like this. Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Wilt Dasney

Made it all the way through at one sitting...

um, BTW, Cinderella just called: They can't start the show yet; they're all wondering where you are. ;)

MouseMadness

:sohappy: AAAAAAAAAH VINCE!! That was a great report... and the part about the rainbow literally gave me chills. How awesome. I'm so happy you decided to go. :) And I'm so glad to have you back!! :wave:

MerHearted

Original Poster
Here are some of the quotes from me and Rob. Hehe.

Vince: Look at this trove, isn't it neat?
Rob: Shut up! Don't ever speak again!

Vince: That's no way to speak to a princess.
Rob: Please, never say that again.

Vince: Hi, I'm Vince, a normal guy from Philly.
Rob: Vince, you're lying.

Vince: *at the restaurant playing with his fork*
Rob: Vince, put it down... PUT IT DOWN!

Vince: I'm a pretty little mermaid.
Rob: GET OUT OF MY CAR!

Rob: *driving down the highway* Hey Vince, stick your head out the window.
Vince: NO!

Rob: *with full bladder* I HAVE TO GO! I REALLY NEED TO GO REAL BAD!!! The rain isn't helping.
Vince: Think of the Sahara.
Rob: Doesn't work!
Vince: Well, how bout we mention liquids...
Rob: I WILL MURDER YOU!

Don't you just feel the loving bond between us? Hehe, only kidding. Rob was very cool! ;)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by MerHearted
Here are some of the quotes from me and Rob. Hehe.

Vince: Look at this trove, isn't it neat?
Rob: Shut up! Don't ever speak again!

Vince: That's no way to speak to a princess.
Rob: Please, never say that again.

Vince: Hi, I'm Vince, a normal guy from Philly.
Rob: Vince, you're lying.

Vince: *at the restaurant playing with his fork*
Rob: Vince, put it down... PUT IT DOWN!

Vince: I'm a pretty little mermaid.
Rob: GET OUT OF MY CAR!

Rob: *driving down the highway* Hey Vince, stick your head out the window.
Vince: NO!

Rob: *with full bladder* I HAVE TO GO! I REALLY NEED TO GO REAL BAD!!! The rain isn't helping.
Vince: Think of the Sahara.
Rob: Doesn't work!
Vince: Well, how bout we mention liquids...
Rob: I WILL MURDER YOU!

Don't you just feel the loving bond between us? Hehe, only kidding. Rob was very cool! ;)

Vince...sorry...but I would've said the same thing :lol:

(ok, so secretly I may have sang along to the "wouldn't you think my collection's complete...wouldn't you think I'm the freak...the freak who has everything...")

RickEff

Vince! Welcome back!!:wave:

Thanks for the trip report! A great read. Makes me look forward to my next trip in December!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom