A farewell to Remember... Dreams Come True...and its resurrection

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
The fact that this thread exists is sad, one, because it's been nearly a decade since Disneyland's 50th, something I remember like it was yesterday (time flies), and two, Remember... Dreams Come True, or RDCT for short, will now be part of Yesterland. This is a dedication to Disneyland's best firework show in history, Remember... Dreams Come True.

RDCT debuted on May 1, 2005, nine years, six months and two days ago. It was Disneyland's 50th anniversary parade, and man, did it deliver. I was young at the time of the 50th, thirteen to be exact, so I wasn't on the internet like I am now, and I didn't know anything about the 50th, besides the general facts of it being Disneyland's birthday and the celebration that would occur (who else remembers the 50th anniversary commercials?!). I believe the first time I went to experience the celebration was June of 2005; again, I was completely ignorant as to what exactly would be happening at the park. When I finally got there, the park, especially Sleeping Beauty Castle was LOADED with gold and 50th markings. I remember everyone seemed to be really happy, and who wouldn't? I remember loving everything, but my feelings went to another level that night when I saw RDCT.

The intro was beautiful, and I cried like a baby when I heard Walt reciting his dedication speech for Disneyland. However, I freaked out when I heard the Disneyland Railroad spiel booming from those speakers. I kept looking around, trying to figure out what was going on, at the same time, wondering why people around me were reciting the spiel. I didn't understand. Then the next spiel came, and it was from Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade...still didn't get what was going on. Then we got to the Tiki Room and Indiana Jones, and that's when it hit me. I REALLY got into the show during Indy, and after that section, and began reciting the spiels along with everyone else. I wish I could go back to the first time I saw Main Street "stretch" and the canons shoot from the Matterhorn. Holy moly. Land by land, I was amazed again and again. When the show ended, my jaw was on the floor.

I'm sure it's safe to say that Remember... Dreams Come True is now known as one of the legendary Disneyland firework shows. Although I'm seriously sad to see it go, I'm looking forward to what they've got up their sleeves for the 60th. I'm afraid RDCT can't be topped, but I'm hoping it will be. So this is farewell, farewell to RDCT. The show will truly be missed and remembered by Disneylanders.

Please share your first experience with Remember... Dreams Come True.

Some of the 50th Anniversary commercials:

RDCT opening night:

RDCT more recently:

OSUgirl77

I was lucky enough to be at the 50th Anniversary as well, and I'm pretty sure I cried through most of RDCT the first time I saw it. I'm devastated that I'll never get to see it again, but I'm really looking forward to the 60th. I'm sure the new show will be amazing, too. Disneyland is my happy place, and I can't wait to go back!

Crazydisneyfanluke

I was never able to experience RDCT, I was able to live through YouTube videos. This show introduced me Disneyland.
I wish I was able to watch RDCT from the original Main street. But because of this show, I was able to see what Disneyland was and is. It has inspired me to save money to plan a trip next year to witness the 6th anniversary.

JediMasterMatt

Fare thee well RDCT.

It's a very close call between Remember at it's prime (prior to sequences being cut) or Magic, Music, and Mayhem (in the Pirates & Princess Party configuration) as to which was my favorite Disney pyro spectacular. Remember definitely has the Disney Parks nostalgia ramped up to the nth degree; but, MMM had the monstrously epic moments including the Castle bombardment and the Fairies Pink>Blue battle in 180 degrees.

I'm sure that Steve Davison will have a very good replacement lined up for us next summer; but, here's hoping they can still dust off RDCT for some special events when needed.

I love Wishes; but, Orlando could certainly use a new pyro show or two.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I was at the 50th as well and LOVED the fireworks. I wasn't sure if we would be able to go to DL at all that year but we ended up flying in 3 times for the event. The fireworks were amazing. I remember watching them on MS and crying all those wonderful DL memories wrapped up in one fireworks show! Julie Andrews doing the intro was great as well. The giant firework pin wheels during the Toon Town segment were a great surprise along with the giant fireballs during Indy.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This is my favorite fireworks show too. I love the blend of WDW Wishes with the attraction clips that takes me on a tour of the park.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
What the heck fireworks did we see last year? Magical? It had Dumbo and Tinkerbell and was "meh" compared to Wishes! at WDW.

I wish I could have seen this instead.

croboy82

2 years ago I missed this show but this September I made sure to catch it like you recommended it.

I'm so happy to have seen this show at least once in my life, it was beautiful.

Farewell!

JediMasterMatt

Magical is a 12 minute show designed to run every night.

RDCT was a 17 minute show designed to be run only on weekends or during peak times.

Different budget and different scope for each.

Get your fill on the new show nightly next summer as it will likely become the weekend feature after that - unless it scales down in number of shells and launch locations.

PolynesianPrincess

I saw RDCT for the first time in April. It was magnificent! The blend of Wishes and all the attractions from the parks... I had goosebumps the entire time. Walt's dedication speech brought tears to my eyes. The fact I was standing in Disneyland park for the first time after wishing to go for so many years might have had something to do with the tears also. I am so grateful I was able to see this show.

Figments Friend

My first experience seeing RDCT was in late 2005, possibly early 2006.
A friend who knew i was a serious Disney Theme Park fan gave me a fan-made Dvd that contained the debut performances for all the new entertainment and themed sights for Disneyland*s 50th.
It contained *Parade of Dreams*, *Remember...Dreams Come True*, *Block Party Bash* ( DCA ),and a walk through the Park showing special decor and *hidden* 50s.
As i look back at it now, that Dvd was a wonderful introduction to Disneyland, as up to that point i was primarily focused on Walt Disney World.
Of course i was aware of it from a historical standpoint, but at that time DL was still a Park *off in the distance* from me.

When i first watched that disc at home, i was fairly blown away by what i saw.
The Parade, and the fireworks in particular were fantastic in scope and presentation.
Just spot on...firing on all cylinders.
VERY impressed.
Beautiful and amazing float concepts in the Parade, fantastic music and pyro tricks in RDCT, and a high level of energy that was great in *Block Party Bash*.
Blew everything i was overly familiar with at WDW absolutely out of the water.
It had been a while since i had felt really *Wowed* by something....but those shows sure did it.

After watching that disc many times over a few months in 2006, it was decided that i simply must make a trip out to Disneyland and see these in person.
So i did....in May of 2007, my 1st Disneyland visit.
Those three shows heavily influenced my decision to go to CA instead of FL....and i will indeed say that they were both 500 times better in person !

:)

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Magical stinks compared to Remember...Dreams Come True. The Haunted Mansion part with those big green streams shooting up into the sky during the stretching room dialogue is one of the coolest things they've ever done in Disneyland.
I had forgotten about that. It's another great moment in an amazing show.

Maryssa*

Oh gosh I'm so devastated to see this go ;_;
Is it continuing up until the 60th? (which is when again? spring?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom