A farewell to Remember... Dreams Come True...and its resurrection

D

Deleted member 107043

In all fairness is there really anything significant in this show other than Walt Disney's dedication speech that is unique to Disneyland? Maybe I'm forgetting something, but it probably wouldn't take more than a few edits to make the show perfectly suitable for the MK.

That doesn't mean it isn't awesome, or diminished in any way, but one of the reasons why it works so well is because the Disney castle park soundtrack is almost as universally recognizable as any from Disney's animated films.

George Lucas on a Bench

Indiana Jones, Roger Rabbit, Disneyland Railroad, America Sings, Adventure Thru Innerspace, the Fantasyland rides? Also, Star Tours was never at Magic Kingdom.

The only baffling scene has always been Star Tours/Wars, but it's not for the reasons you may think. It's those obviously phony laser sounds. Those are not Star Wars sound effects.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
That's the usual response when you can't answer back. :cool:

And don't erase part of my answer making it appear to say something I didn't intend.

How can one legitimately answer to what you responded with? I asked you a question and you said "I don't know."

The latter part of your response was irrelevant to my question. I asked you about two firework shows at Disneyland, and you brought up Wishes at Magic Kingdom.

Pam Hates Penguins

How can one legitimately answer to what you responded with? I asked you a question and you said "I don't know."

The latter part of your response was irrelevant to my question. I asked you about two firework shows at Disneyland, and you brought up Wishes at Magic Kingdom.

They are nearly the same firework show. Not exactly, but nearly.

The IDK was sarcasm.

Pam Hates Penguins

You still haven't answered my question.

I'm sorry. Answer: Presenting the attractions in a firework show doesn't flow as well as the Disney movies in a firework show. That's just my opinion

Plus the real magic of Disney is the movies. And we put that in Disneyland Forever to show how magical the "Happiest Place on Earth" can be.

Don't get me wrong. I think Remember is a great show. Just not as great as Forever.

Angel Ariel

Plus the real magic of Disney is the movies.
I'll disagree there. I fell in love with Disneyland well before I fell in love with Disney movies. I went to Disneyland as a kid whenever we visited my relatives in SoCal. I'd gone to DL at least 3 times before Little Mermaid (the first Disney movie I fell in love with) came out. For me, the magic of Disneyland is what brought me to love the movies, not the other way around.

Pam Hates Penguins

I'll disagree there. I fell in love with Disneyland well before I fell in love with Disney movies. I went to Disneyland as a kid whenever we visited my relatives in SoCal. I'd gone to DL at least 3 times before Little Mermaid (the first Disney movie I fell in love with) came out. For me, the magic of Disneyland is what brought me to love the movies, not the other way around.

No, you are right about that. It is the other way around.

But if it weren't for the movies, most of Disneyland wouldn't be Disney. What I was trying to say is that the parks originate from the movies. (AKA: Magic means originality)

Let's face it. The attractions, the shows, the movies, the atmosphere of the parks is all magical.

Especially the atmosphere. That is what is missing from most of the amusement parks today. That is what makes Disneyland special.

Angel Ariel

But if it weren't for the movies, most of Disneyland wouldn't be Disney. What I was trying to say is that the parks originate from the movies. (AKA: Magic means originality)

Most of Disneyland wasn't based on movies. Fantasyland is, yes...but Tiki Room? Jungle Cruise? Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Space, Autopia, Country Bear Jamboree (from back in the day), etc. The classic Disney land attractions..the ones I have the longest memories of, have nothing to do with the movies at all. That's why in love that RDCT is all about the attractions. It really brings that magic to life in a great way.

Let's face it. The attractions, the shows, the movies, the atmosphere of the parks is all magical.

Especially the atmosphere. That is what is missing from most of the amusement parks today. That is what makes Disneyland special.

I do agree here.

Pam Hates Penguins

Most of Disneyland wasn't based on movies. Fantasyland is, yes...but Tiki Room? Jungle Cruise? Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Space, Autopia, Country Bear Jamboree (from back in the day), etc. The classic Disney land attractions..the ones I have the longest memories of, have nothing to do with the movies at all. That's why in love that RDCT is all about the attractions. It really brings that magic to life in a great way.

It does bring the magic to life. Don't get me wrong. I don't hate on non-Disney-movie attractions at all. If I were, I would definitely hate on most of Disneyland. (now that you mention all those attractions, I was wrong about most of Disneyland reflecting on the movies) In fact, I may be more of a fan of the attractions that don't reflect on the movies. All I am saying is that without the movies and characters created by Walt Disney, Disneyland wouldn't exist.

To make a long story short, all of it is spectacular.

Thank you for correcting me on that. :)

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I'm sorry. Answer: Presenting the attractions in a firework show doesn't flow as well as the Disney movies in a firework show. That's just my opinion.

Can you explain more? Why exactly do you think the representation of Disney movies works better in a Disneyland firework show, rather than one that represents Disneyland itself?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom