Pre-Trip A Dream is a Wish... That's finally come true! First Trip!

So hello there! I have been toying with the idea of doing a report for our first trip to Walt Disney World as I enjoy reading everyone's reports so much, so here is my first attempt at a Pre-Trip report! :)

First things first, I should introduce myself and my better half:

1610808_796415897047313_4780250949216169924_n_zpseaemkgjg.jpg

My name is Alix (on the left) and this is my dear boyfriend, Sean, who from now on will be referred to as DB. Please excuse the shirt; I was coerced into my allegiance with this so-called "gift". :eek: I'm 25 and I have dreamt of going to WDW since I was a little girl. We're in the UK, so this trip has been planned for a long, long time (I think I booked it last February?!). Getting the time off together has also been a bit of a nightmare. I am a Support Worker, soon to be a Nursing Assistant, as well as a college student and DB is a lecturer, so having time off that coincides with each other is rare! As it happens, we've both had to take time out of the college year to go (much to the dismay of DB's colleagues). But our holiday is 4 days away, and we couldn't be more excited! :D

IMG_0021%201_zpsntrg88yb.jpg

We are staying on property at Port Orleans Riverside, which looks so beautiful from all the pictures. We booked with the Walt Disney Travel Company, before the free dining package. They were kind enough to email me and offer me the dining plan as we had booked so far in advance; of course I was happy to oblige! DB was impressed with this, as we no longer have to worry about taking money for food. He is also glad that it is the Quick Service DP, as we are more of "grab-it-and-go" types. :) We're flying with Virgin Atlantic on Sunday 26th April, however we are going down to London on Saturday night to stay over and park the car.

I have been planning on and off; My Disney Experience has been amazing, although I swear I have been logging in and just staring at each page. I still can't quite believe that we're going! :oops: Our plans so far are:

Mon 27th April: Magic Kingdom
9:20am ADR at Be Our Guest for breakfast
FP+ for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean

Wed 29th April: Hollywood Studios
FP+ for Tower of Terror, Star Tours and Rock n'Roller Coaster

Thur 30th April: Animal Kingdom
FP+ for Dinosaur, Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safari

Fri 1st May: Epcot
FP+ for Mission: Space, Soarin' and Meet the Disney Pals

Mon 4th May: Magic Kingdom
FP+ for Big Thunder Mountain, Meet Tinker Bell and Wishes
2:30pm ADR at Crystal Palace for lunch

We are going for two weeks, so we will definitely be doing more, but I wanted DB to get a feel for things (he's never been abroad, let alone to a Disney park) and then we can make more plans whilst we are there based on what we both enjoy. :)

It may sound a bit kooky, but I have also been planning some purchases... I love the Dooney & Bourke bags, I currently have 4, and I have held off purchasing another as I knew I would want to pick one up on our holiday. This is my all-time favourite bag:

IMG_0024%201_zpsk5qlorzs.jpg

It has had a lot of love, and I was unsure of what design to choose, but luckily for me they are releasing the new Runway Princess design on the 25th April! I will definitely be choosing one with perfect placement.

Of course, I also want to purchase some nice gifts for my friends and colleagues, and have been jotting down everyone's favourite Disney characters for gift ideas.

As for preparation in terms of clothing, I have an extreme weakness for Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister. :oops: To say I spent a little in my local store would be an understatement...

IMG_0018%201_zpskwkmnrae.jpg

These are a few of the items. Lovely and summery!

As we booked with WDTC, I also received a 15% discount voucher for the Disney Store, which I used to purchase...

IMG_0020%201_zps8cbljtdy.jpg

I LOVE Tinker Bell. DB's face dropped when he found that I had booked a FP+ to meet her, but the more we talk about it the more he is coming around. It is going to be amazing! The scruffy-looking Mickey in the photo is DB's. He's 24 years old! :p Tink will be coming with us, but Mickey is staying behind; DB would be mortified if he lost him. He's a softy really!

And that's all for now! We are 4 days away from my dream becoming a reality. Thank you for reading along, and I hope you will stay tuned when I return for a proper Trip Report! :)

mrdrift

I love the plans for the upcoming trip. Have a wonderful time exploring the parks with your DB, being this is the first trip for him. Will be watching for more details of your trip.

Ariel1986

Great start- I'm excited for you! The planning is always fun. I'm from the UK too, we usually spend the night at a hotel at the airport before we go as well, makes the travel part of the holiday a little holiday in itself ha ha!

Love your DB's Mickey! Too cute. And I LOVE that bag. I haven't any Disney Dooney & Bourkes myself but I certainly want to purchase one! Can't wait to see what you find.

And don't worry about meeting the characters- it's fun (see my avatar lol!). You won't be the only adult doing so. I met Tink last trip, it was great!

Enjoy your trip! Look forward to reading the report.

12in12

So close to going! Lucky you, enjoy your time, don't rush around too much. As you have 2 weeks you should probably take at least a day off from the parks because you can get park fatigue. Downtown Disney is lots of fun and there is a nice cinema as well. If you like shopping you can take a taxi from DTD to the nearest outlet which is pretty close. I bought 3 pairs of Levi jeans there on my last trip for £40.

CAPTAIN HOOK

First things first, I should introduce myself and my better half:

1610808_796415897047313_4780250949216169924_n_zpseaemkgjg.jpg
Arsenal :mad: 'nuff said !!!

Never stayed at POR, although we've stayed at POFQ twice - you'll love the boat trips to DTD.

You did well to get WDTC to offer you the dining plan after you'd booked - it'll save you a pretty penny (and having paid that much for your cinema tickets, its a good job !).

Enjoy WDW - don't over do things, take it at a relaxed pace. Build a couple of slow days into your schedule - we usually do a waterpark (included with your Ultimate Hopper Tickets).

Enjoy

Princess A

Original Poster
Thank you! I hope to be able to spot a couple of you while we are there. :) Yes, the price of tickets is awful now! But I will say we are going to something called Directors Hall, where they give you a free beverage and popcorn and you can order food while you watch, a bit like table service but with a movie thrown in. :p

FlaggNL

hey there is the PTR :) Great! Love the plans and it is soooo close for you :) Avengers is a go for us this weekend! :) Still enjoy the pree feelings and off course have a magical and wonderful dream holiday!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom