Trip Report A Collection of Things that are No More: November 2011

Okay, so I am currently Disney deprived, and I am going bonkers!! Somebody send for help! I just recently came across my 2011 Disney World pictures; they were in a folder on my ancient computer that is about to blow up. Not kidding! I began clicking through them and started feeling nostalgic. The memories came flooding back, has it really been four years??? Along with my insane amount of photos and my OCD note-taking skills, I felt like I could relive this trip moment to moment. I thought to myself, what is a better way to save these photos and memories than on the internet in a trip report?? YOU FEEL ME??

In all honesty, I reallyyyyyyy want to have a new trip planned to lovely Walt Disney World, but have finally moved out of my parent’s lovely abode and am becoming a real life adult. Disney does not look doable for 2015 but maybe next year? PLEASE?? 2016 hopefully brings me Rivers of Light, Frozen, and a new trip! I have been torturing myself looking at dining menus, and construction photos, and I think it’s about time I get a life! What’s a girl to do with no trip to plan? I’ve got it! In the meantime, I bring you a trip from the past.

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole. I am a DISNEY FREAK. Ask anyone. I am a full-grown child, and it’s only getting worse. Oh, and Ariel is my favorite. Been in love since 1989.

Once upon a time, wayyyyyyyy long ago, I took a trip to WDW in November 2011. This trip is unusual because it was not with my best friend! OH THE HORROR. It was with my boyfriend! I know, I know... this is not what you are used too! We went to the world from November 7th to November 12th, 2011. 2011 was a rough year for us… My boyfriend’s younger sister passed away unexpectedly and we both needed to get away from everyday life. Sometimes you just have to splurge and take that vacation; you never know what life is going to throw at you.

We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort because I wanted to stay somewhere it seemed tropical! November is usually pretty cold in the Northeast, so a Caribbean escape to Florida seemed like a wonderful alternative.

The very week before my trip, a freak snowstorm hit NJ, and since there were still leaves on all the trees, it wreaked havoc all over the state. Branches fell, roofs caved in, power was out for over a week, and Halloween was cancelled. CANCELLED. I was legit packing up my clothes for Florida by candlelight. I had an unrequested weeklong vacation from work before my scheduled Disney vacation… It was like a vacation to the 1800s. Verdict? Don’t ever go.

Left work early, and had to get pushed out of the parking lot.

Forget the Tower of Terror… this is true fear!

My mom's poor Halloween decorations!

2[/url
]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/w1zr4d]3

Got a little stir crazy!

5[/url
]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/vJAkEh]6

Social media by candlelight!

The pole that saved the day, power is restored!

Back to the point though, as I reminisced through these old photos, I figured why not share? And it truly surprises me how much of this DOES NOT EXIST anymore. Now, I complain as much as the next Disney fanatic when I say I want new attractions, new shows, new restaurants, new experiences, etc, etc., but looking back into the past, it’s crazy to see how much really HAS changed.

Join me in my time machine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We flew out of Newark airport and took an early morning flight… the only way I travel. I need all the time I can get in the World!

DSC00275

Here we come!

The airport was uneventful, and thankfully my boyfriend is not directionally challenged like myself, and was able to read the map like a true intelligent human being. Me, I still don’t know my left from right.

Hopped aboard the Magical Express, watched the welcome show, and drove through those glorious gates. I was HERE!!!! I was HOME!!

We pulled in to our resort and I just remember being instantly transported. The music on the bus was jammin’ (we in Jamaica mon!), and the bright colors just brought out the allure of the Caribbean. It definitely didn’t feel like a snowpocalyse anymore! This resort was properly themed; you don’t feel like you’re in Florida anymore!

DSC00277

This trip was long before the days of Magic Bands, and maybe even online check-in. If not, I was an amateur back then and had not discovered the incredibly informative forums! We had to go to the desk, get our welcome packet and find out where our room was located. My how times have changed! Wow, I sound like an old pro!

DSC00278

DSC00279

The Cast Member assisting us said we could take the internal resort shuttle to our room which was located in Jamaica. YEAH MON! This was my first time at a moderate resort, and I was in complete awe! A BUS THAT TAKES YOU ALL AROUND? WHAT IS THIS LIFE? The detail and the themeing cannot be justified in words. Descriptions I read online cannot compare to my memories.

We were over the bridge in room 4629, and I personally loved our location. I do agree that this resort is large, but it is beautiful. We didn’t have to walk far at all to the bus, and to get to the dining area and pool we simply had to cross the bridge. As mentioned before, the resort also offers an internal bus shuttle. This option seemed like heaven after walking the parks all day!

It was nice to wander around the tropical plants, and circle the lake, and simply be away from the usual “hustle and bustle”. I was accustomed to the All Stars, and though I love them dearly, you could definitely tell you were at a moderate. I thought the entire resort was peaceful and I would sincerely recommend the Caribbean Beach resort to anyone traveling to WDW. You get so caught up with the “go, go, go” mentality and I think this resort offers an element of true relaxation. It’s a nice change of pace when travelling to the World. Heck, there even was a beach a few feet from our door!

carribean

DSC00280

DSC00281

DSC00282

DSC00283

DSC00284

Our room was immaculate, and it felt wonderfully cool. Just a few hours ago I was freezing my tush off waiting for my power and heat to come back on, and now I was thankful for air conditioning! We didn’t stay inside for very long though! There were places to go! Where would I take my “never been to Disney before” boyfriend first? Could I convince him to love Disney as much as I did?[/url][/url]

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I will take your advice to heart. In this fast-paced world, we tend to sometimes take people for granted, and it's always good to remind each other, about who is really important in our life.

So glad that you and your boyfriend had this wonderful trip, and you'll have these warm memories forever.

Thanks again for sharing your interesting stories and excellent photos.

Thank you sooo much for following along and for your amazingly sweet comments!! Hoping to get back to the world soon, so I can write a more up to date report! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I'm so sad your trip report had to end. I know it was a few years ago, but I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing such a lovely story with us!

Thank you so much for reading this! It was therapeutic to write! I'm so glad I can relive good memories with good people in these forums. Thank you again for your kindness!

Longers

Thank you for that step back in time. It's funny how most people can't generally remember a few weeks ago but I can still recall things from pretty all my Disney trips going back years. This proves the memories last a lifetime. Sorry for your loss and hope you make it back soon with your boyfriend to get that ring put on your finger.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Thank you for that step back in time. It's funny how most people can't generally remember a few weeks ago but I can still recall things from pretty all my Disney trips going back years. This proves the memories last a lifetime. Sorry for your loss and hope you make it back soon with your boyfriend to get that ring put on your finger.

It's so crazy we were there the same time! I wonder what days you went to which park! So crazy to think that we could have passed each other right by :)

I'm hoping 2016 is a good year! I need to get my princess self back to Disney!

blreinsel

Why oh why must your TR be over. :cry: I feel the same way about the hat.. I don't know HS without it. I love your idea about the canvas with all 4 icons! But now I can't do it because they took away the hat. :( Maybe Tower of Terror can be the new icon??

Longers

It's so crazy we were there the same time! I wonder what days you went to which park! So crazy to think that we could have passed each other right by :)

I'm hoping 2016 is a good year! I need to get my princess self back to Disney!
I could tell you exactly what park I was at and on what date (as I do a scrap book every year) but I deliberately haven't checked as I would be gutted if we were in the same park and missed each other!

I have my fingers crossed for 2016 for you. Those tiaras need dusting off.

I will be there Nov 2016 - same as normal so you never know - our paths could cross...........

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Why oh why must your TR be over. :cry: I feel the same way about the hat.. I don't know HS without it. I love your idea about the canvas with all 4 icons! But now I can't do it because they took away the hat. :( Maybe Tower of Terror can be the new icon??

I agree! Tower of terror will have to be our new hat. I always check the rumors board to see if try plan on making this park have a new icon... I guess we shall see when the name change comes about! Can't believe both our trip reports are over... We must return!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I could tell you exactly what park I was at and on what date (as I do a scrap book every year) but I deliberately haven't checked as I would be gutted if we were in the same park and missed each other!

I have my fingers crossed for 2016 for you. Those tiaras need dusting off.

I will be there Nov 2016 - same as normal so you never know - our paths could cross...........
My birthday is Novemeber 5th so 2016 November could be our meet up!!! I cannot wait to go back!! I need to see the new Harambe market! And hopefully frozen and rivers of light will be ready for us next year! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Disneyland is a huge dream of mine to visit! To walk where Walt walked...I think I would cry (tears of joy, of course) the whole time.

I feel the same way! Just know Walt was there is my number one reason for wanting to book a Disneyland trip ASAP!!! :)

You said it sister! Saving saving saving! :greedy:

Saving is so hard for me! haha... help!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom