Trip Report A Christmas in November, Food & Wine, Girls Trip!

Hi everyone! I had such a fun time posting my first trip report in May, (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-24-disney-hours-may-2015-trip-report.901428/)
that I’ve been looking forward to getting the time to post this one!

This time, my sister and I were joined by our cousin and my best friend!
From left to right...
Alyssa- Sister
Sam (me)
Emily- Best Friend
Michelle- Cousin

Alyssa has been wanting to visit for Food and Wine for a while but it hadn't worked out for her yet. Last year Emily and I did a VERY last minute F&W weekend and she loved it and couldn’t wait to go back. After months of working out our schedules we finally settled it around the first weekend of November. When talking to my cousin about it, she wanted to come to!

I was pushing for it to be this weekend so we’d get to see all the MK Christmas decorations and say our final farewell to the Osborne lights. The timing was perfect for everything!

THURSDAY-November 5th

Since it took a lot of rearranging of our schedules to make this trip happen and we’re coming from different places (NJ, PA, VA), we all ended up getting to Disney at different times.
I was up first though, which worked out since everything had to be in my name for my cast discount!

I arrived around 4pm, quickly picked up our rental car and was on my way!

Soon enough I made it to Coronado Springs, checked in, and dropped off my stuff.

View from our room:

I didn’t have to pick up my sister or cousin for a while so I ran off to Magic Kingdom! I couldn’t just sit there for hours waiting to go back to the airport while I could be looking at the castle dream lights!

When I got to MK, A Frozen Holiday Wish was just starting. I LOVED watching it last year so stood back on MK to watch the castle light up!
After the show ended while everyone headed away from the castle stage, I made my up there so I could get a good spot to watch and take pictures of my favorite…Dream Along With Mickey!

After DAWM, I had some time before Wishes and the next Frozen Holiday Wish, so I wandered over to make my customized magicband.

Purple is my FAVORITE color and I’ve collected every other color magicband so when I saw they had just opened and released these customizable magicbands and they came in PURPLE, I was sold! I also found it to be way more comfortable and flexible than the regular magicbands (which I never thought were uncomfortable until putting this purple one on:))

Last edited:

samantha788

Original Poster
With my new magicband I headed back over to Main Street to get a place to watch Celebrate the Magic and Wishes!
Untitled by Sam Wnek, on Flickr

After Wishes, there was another A Frozen Holiday Wish coming up, so again I moved in towards the castle stage as everyone was leaving after wishes :)

This time I had a great spot and view of the show!

samantha788

Original Poster
These are some of my favorites! :)

After a whirlwind long day, plus a jam packed few hours in Magic Kingdom, it was time to head out of so I could get the rental car, run a few errands for snacks and drinks and then meet Alyssa and Michelle at the airport!

Up next...our cousin day at Hollywood Studios + The Osborne Lights!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Oooh, love your castle lights show pics!! I think I remember reading your May trip. Love your friend's Penn State shirt, that's where I'm originally from!!

My husband and I are doing a cruise on Dec 5th in 2016, and I am looking forward to visiting the parks around that time to see all of the decor!!

samantha788

Original Poster
Oooh, love your castle lights show pics!! I think I remember reading your May trip. Love your friend's Penn State shirt, that's where I'm originally from!!

My husband and I are doing a cruise on Dec 5th in 2016, and I am looking forward to visiting the parks around that time to see all of the decor!!
Thank you so much!!
Emily and I are both Penn State alums! It's where we met :)
You'll love all the holiday decorations! I think that's when everything looks the prettiest :)

samantha788

Original Poster
FRIDAY – NOVEMBER 6th

Beautiful view outside of our room!

We were off to Hollywood Studios!! Emily wasn’t getting in until late tonight, so we had all day at Hollywood studios, The Osborne Lights and a late dinner at Chef Mickey’s!

Our first stop of the morning was at the favorite for Alyssa and myself…Tower of Terror!!!! Michelle went along with us despite being scared, it was funny and she was a good sport!

Next was Beauty and the Beast!! I LOVE this and never ever get tired of watching it.

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

samantha788

Original Poster
After Beauty and the Beast, we walked over to Rock’n Roller Coaster for our FP :) It was down earlier during our return time so we were glad it was up and running again after Beauty and the Beast!
Alyssa and Michelle love this one.

[

It was around noon and we were hungry, we walked all over looking at menus trying to figure out what we wanted for lunch.

GMA! my favorite sign (it's where i work :))

Daytime Osborne Lights

We decided to pop into Mama Melrose’s to see if they’d seat us without a reservation, sure enough- they did with no problem!
We split appetizers, flatbreads and sangria. It was all SO GOOD too. It was our first time here and I would definitely make a point to go back.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/AmSHJ2]
[/url]

samantha788

Original Poster
After lunch we were so full but excited for our next FP at the Frozen Sing-along. I love this so much, and always find it funny :)
Alyssa and I love Frozen, i'm always singing the songs. Michelle has a 5 year old daughter and they missed the sing-along on their last trip, I was so excited for Michelle to see it...i knew she would love it!

22552369853_e40752b556_c.jpg

22883619080_098fbddba7_c.jpg

A hole in Elsa's dress!

samantha788

Original Poster
After the Frozen sing-along, we went to one of Michelle’s favorite – The Little Mermaid.

Some pictures along the way... :)

i think we were imitating how my sister and I take pictures hah

Now to The Little Mermaid!

We’ve all seen this more times than we can count, but this one will forever stick in our heads. During “Part of your World” Ariel just seemed a little off…we all looked at each other giggling. There were a lot of great moments, but there were a lot of not great moments…and the movements were unlike ANY of the choreography we’ve seen when watching this before! It was entertaining.

Alyssa wanted to see Lights! Motors! Action! So we went there next. I’m not the biggest fan, I’ve seen it before and that was good enough for me, I just feel like it’s so long with lots of down time.
For the last several trips we always split up, I go watch Beauty and The Beast and she chooses to watch Lights! Motors! Action!o_O

The rest is when the meteorologist in me comes out...everyone around us is all excited over LIGHTNING! There were storms in the area so i'm looking ALL over watching for lightning, I ask my sister where and she's like "Lightning McQueen"... haha oops :)

Then while everyone is all WOW about the show, I’m looking around observing the storm clouds and looking for the rainbow, which I spotted when it was very faint and then the colors ended up SO bright!

[

I do like the show, but when there's weather to observe around us...i'm easily distracted :p

Coming up next...Osborne Lights and Chef Mickey's!

samantha788

Original Poster
After Lights! Motors! Action!, we headed out of Hollywood Studios to relax at the hotel for a little before coming back to see the Osborne Lights! That morning we waited a LONG time for a hollywood studios bus, then tonight we waited even longer. We saw buses come for everywhere else, more than once, before a DHS bus. This began the trend of travel issues this night...:(

When Alyssa and I were in Disney a year ago, we saw the Osborne Lights for the first time and were SO blown away. It was overwhelming and so much fun, we spent a lot of time (much more than we expected) on our last trip just hanging out on the streets of America and trying to find all the hidden mickey’s! We had been trying to make everything come together for this trip when they announced this would be the last year for the lights, so we tried even harder to make the trip happen!

Michelle torturing Alyssa by making her stop for photos along the way...Alyssa was so anxious to get to the lights! hah

Our cousin hadn’t seen them before, and Alyssa and I couldn’t wait to see her reaction when she saw them for the first time. She loved them as much as we did :)

This next picture....HAH i wouldn't typically post such an unflattering photo, but we asked a gentleman to take our photo, and he wasn't sure how to use my camera so the person he was with (that had a camera like mine) simply showed him what button to hit. Then the man got down on the ground pointing straight up at us to take this photo, as his buddy is laughing, and we're all thinking "this isn't going to be good" hah.

Then the gentleman wanted to take another picture of us, so he stood up and put the camera so close to our faces, I don't know how he even managed to get all of us in it! You can see in all of our faces our "what is going on" look. Thank you sir for taking our picture, of course we appreciate it...in the end, I couldn't delete the photos- they are too funny and have too good of a story to go with them!!

Back to more Osborne lights!:D:D

samantha788

Original Poster
We spent a bit of time wandering around before heading out to go over to Chef Mickey’s. Since it was just before closing time at Hollywood Studios the lines for all the buses were INSANE. The bus line that went to the Contemporary also went to Wilderness Lodge and I think the Poly and was SO far out of the queue. Then we thought we could go to MK and walk, that bus line was crazy long too. Epcot’s line was right next to MK’s and wasn’t full and a bus pulled right up so we hopped on that and figured we’d take the monorail from Epcot to TTC to the Contemporary. This worked but we still ended up to Chef Mickey’s 45 minutes late. They took us without a problem, but our own problem with being late and waiting for a table was that I had to get to the airport to pick up my friend, Emily.

Unfortunately we had to rush through dinner, but despite some of the reviews I’ve read, we all really enjoyed Chef Mickey’s!
There was a huge variety - we all went back for the sushi and lobster mac and cheese :)
It also was not crowded at all since it was so late, and they came around several times to ask if we’d gotten to see all the characters.
The character interactions were a lot of fun too!

We LOVE Goofy! He wanted a shirt to match ours too:D

Funny story about Pluto too...when we were being seated, they told us several times if we want to see Pluto, go over to where he was meeting by the entrance because he is done for the night. We decided not to since we really needed to sit and start eating. Then when we sat, our waitress told us about Pluto too and we said that's okay. Then several character attendants came around asking if we had seen Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy--which we had. Then all of a sudden - PLUTO walks into the room we were seated in to meet everyone haha. He walked up to our table and I said - Pluto, I thought you were already in bed! He shook his head no and seemed as confused to hear that question as we were to see him thinking he was long gone haha.

After dinner, we were going to walk back to MK to take a bus back to Coronado Springs but MK was at closing time and I couldn’t imagine the bus lines there after dealing with Hollywood Studios. Instead we took an uber which I wish I thought of before for the trip between Hollywood Studios to Chef Mickey’s. The uber worked out perfect and we were back to the contemporary in no time. Despite it being around park closing, our uber arrived in less than 5 minutes and the ride cost about $10. Totally worth it for the time we saved!
Alyssa and Michelle were exhausted so went to bed while I went to pick up Emily!

We don’t get to see each other that often since we live a few hours away from each other, so when we do it’s like we’re little kids staying up late talking and laughing. Since Alyssa and Michelle were sleeping, we took our snacks and drinks outside and sat on a bench for hours!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom